GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #9 *arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The one piece of evidence from this trial that continues to haunt me is the audio tape of Charlie describing the behavioural problems of Wendi’s eldest child. Charlie said that no one is willing to discipline this poor boy. I imagine that Wendi is painfully aware that, in a short while, her children will loathe her for the murder of their father, which was done at her behest. It may be that she is trying to curry this child’s love by failing to be the firm parent he needs. In doing so, she is, once again, putting her own wants/needs ahead of her own child.
I missed that tape, is there somewhere all the tapes can be heard ? or do I have to go find it from the trial, Yikes, more torture lol If anyone knows where a link to all the recordings like we had so easily when Casey was on trial I would appreciate it. This trial was not nearly as easy to follow as the Anthony trial was. Not near as much video coverage and I thought Florida was the Sunshine State and her trial represented this. Sigh...

It's at around 1:18:00 here -

"Nobody wants to lay the law down with him."

FSU Law Professor Murder Trial Day 7 Witness: Spc Agt Patrick Sanford - Wiretap Recordings Part 1
Law & Crime Network

ahhh the snippet about poking his eye out. I thought that was an odd thing to say....I would not call that a conversation but maybe the original poster knows more...

eta...deleted knows more than we think because I don't know anything lol

I thought I was going crazy there. I am still waiting for the honey hole of evidence i.e. jail house calls, inteviews. etc...like in the Casey Anthony case...everything was released...

I missed that tape, is there somewhere all the tapes can be heard ? or do I have to go find it from the trial, Yikes, more torture lol If anyone knows where a link to all the recordings like we had so easily when Casey was on trial I would appreciate it. This trial was not nearly as easy to follow as the Anthony trial was. Not near as much video coverage and I thought Florida was the Sunshine State and her trial represented this. Sigh...

I wasn't a WS member during the CA trial. I watched the whole thing but had nobody to discuss it with. And I was not at all familiar with Florida's Sunshine Laws, etc. What can we expect in terms of info being released here and when can we expect it? This is the first case I've followed this closely from Florida I think.

look upthread post 380 by gordonx

sorry I am new and don't know how to link or quote

I thought I was going crazy there. I am still waiting for the honey hole of evidence i.e. jail house calls, inteviews. etc...like in the Casey Anthony case...everything was released...
I referenced Casey too before I read your post LOL Great minds think alike LOL Yeah KM was sitting in jail for 3 years and she had to have had a visit from her cousin, neighbor, friend somebody and when Casey had a vistor it was splattered all over the news and available on 20 youtube channels, so what gives regarding this case? I am/was just as interested. This case is or could have been even more interesting since there are so many more players and intrigue

I wasn't a WS member during the CA trial. I watched the whole thing but had nobody to discuss it with. And I was not at all familiar with Florida's Sunshine Laws, etc. What can we expect in terms of info being released here and when can we expect it? This is the first case I've followed this closely from Florida I think.
I am not really sure either. I do know everything was available fairly quickly on the CA trial actually before the trial if memory serves me. I am not sure of the timing of when she got counsel though. On this case these people lawyered up very quickly.

I was surprised the jury was allowed to ask questions during the trial. I have not seen that before. Only during the deliberations on other cases for questions and never read in the courtroom.

I referenced Casey too before I read your post LOL Great minds think alike LOL Yeah KM was sitting in jail for 3 years and she had to have had a visit from her cousin, neighbor, friend somebody and when Casey had a vistor it was splattered all over the news and available on 20 youtube channels, so what gives regarding this case? I am/was just as interested. This case is or could have been even more interesting since there are so many more players and intrigue
Maybe (fingers crossed) others will be tried using the same evidence? That might be the reason not a lot has been released. My husband would laugh if I told him you said my mind was great (and I will tell him) LOL This trial is driving him crazy.

Which podcaster is it? I can reach out to him. Maybe get him to be a verified WS member....or a promise of a certain amount of members to join his pod for him to release some info or take Q&A from us?

It's the Over My Dead Body podcast. If you listen to the 20/20 episode, he talks about the volume of info he received from the state.

WTH How did I miss this? Granted I missed half the trial due to the delays. The trial snuck up on me.

Can you link this?

October 7, morning, start listening at 3:22:30

Charlie says that he is more worried about the older child poking the younger one's eye out than Donna getting arrested. Charlie then says that the older child "doesn't listen to anyone because no one wants to lay down the law with him". Donna says, "That's being worked on". Sounds like the children are really suffering, and that was before things really took a downturn for the Adelsons... My heart goes out to those poor children who lost the benefit of the loving and enriching environment their father provided for them, and of course, his good guidance.

October 7, morning, start listening at 3:22:30

Charlie says that he is more worried about the older child poking the younger one's eye out than Donna getting arrested. Charlie then says that the older child "doesn't listen to anyone because no one wants to lay down the law with him". Donna says, "That's being worked on". Sounds like the children are really suffering, and that was before things really took a downturn for the Adelsons... My heart goes out to those poor children who lost the benefit of the loving and enriching environment their father provided for them, and of course, his good guidance.

Thank you so much for clarifying. I still could not hear well when I re-listened so your "transcript" was very helpful. Are you the podcaster "Over My Dead Body"?

Instagram page of WA’s most recent ex boyfriend (not JL)
WA, why is your recent ex-boyfriend good friends with SG’s attorney?

Maybe FIFTY will chime in and tell us how the A's are doing with all this intense scrutiny. Are they losing weight, sleeping okay, ensuring their passports are up to date, etc? Have their country clubs shunned them?

I think active criminal investigation information does not have to be released under the Sunshine Law. Since the matter is still active then some things probably still won't be released. Under the Sunshine Law I think anyone can request information related to the investigation, but pretty sure you to need to pay for the copies.

It's the Over My Dead Body podcast. If you listen to the 20/20 episode, he talks about the volume of info he received from the state.
Thanks I sent a message via facebook messenger to the Over My Dead Body podcast page. I also sent a friend request to Matthew Shaer as someone mentioned his name upthread. I did not mention webslueths at all....God knows I am not a good spokeswoman for anything...but since my avatar is so cute I do expect a response LOL. I do not tweet so I did not attempt that line of communication.

On another OT note I did love the judge on this case.

He was the judge in the prosecution of Denise Williams for the murder of her husband. She was having an affair with her hubbies best friend and she plotted with that friend (whom she later married and divorced) to murder her husband. He eventually got arrested for the murder and he worked a sweet deal to testify against her, just like Luis Rivera did in this case.

I think he ended up with 20 years and she got LWOP.

He was the judge in the prosecution of Denise Williams for the murder of her husband. She was having an affair with her hubbies best friend and she plotted with that friend (whom she later married and divorced) to murder her husband. He eventually got arrested for the murder and he worked a sweet deal to testify against her, just like Luis Rivera did in this case.

I think he ended up with 20 years and she got LWOP.
OT: the alligator case? if so that was awful and took too long for justice.

Back to this case...WILL it be the same judge for the next KM case?

you really missed a great trial to have 200 people all trying to chat at once LOL it was great I really enjoyed it even though it was sad to hear the details and poor little Caylee somehow got lost in the flurry of court filings and all the baloney that Jose Baez dished out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amarie969