GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #9 *arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Part 3 has been uploaded. It appears that this juror was not convinced of KM's guilt.

Some jurors listen to a closing argument and consider it as evidence when they were instructed not to consider it as evidence at all. For example. DeCoste... LR being the shooter and SG/CA conspiring to do the hit without KM's knowledge and to throw LR's testimony in the trash. This is Mr. DeCoste's opinion and not factual at all according to the tangible evidence in the jury's possession at the time of their deliberations . IMO.

Funny coincidence. I'm in New York for the weekend and last night we were at a little Italian restaurant in Hells Kitchen where I was giving my thoughts about WA to my companions. Just as I mentioned the rather bizarre whiskey run she supposedly made, the waiter plopped down a bottle of water in this container:

Attachments

• Bulleit.jpg
    Bulleit.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 50
Funny coincidence. I'm in New York for the weekend and last night we were at a little Italian restaurant in Hells Kitchen where I was giving my thoughts about WA to my companions. Just as I mentioned the rather bizarre whiskey run she supposedly made, the waiter plopped down a bottle of water in this container:

Did you happen to see any Owls yet?

Just curious why there is a tennis match in the background.

Since the juror does not want to be identified, he decided to just use footage from his other YouTube channel rather than just have the camera focused on his face the whole time.

That is really weird about your "Bulliet" experience last night!!

If she said she voted not guilty then I don't even want to listen to what she has to say. Unbelievable

Sounds to me like she definitely did, although she hasn't said it yet.

She said she didn't think GC poked holes in ANY Of Katie's testimony on the stand. What!? They believe she actually legit earned a paycheck from the Adelson Institute?

It sounds to me like they didn't believe anything LR had to say about SG and KM communicating about this murder, so because of that they needed harder proof to believe KM actually was involved. Lots to think about for her retrial for sure.

It also sounds like not much else other than what was presented would have been needed to convict WENDI, which was also pretty interesting!

Listened to the video. So aggravating.

All the talk about going through WA’s cell records and the jury questioning how she could have known the murder had taken place ...uh....hello...no phone call was needed ...WA KNEW BECAUSE SHE DROVE TO CRIME SCENE AND DID A THREE POINT TURN! DUHHHHHHHH...seriously ...DUHHHHHH

I appreciate this interview, but how could they not have convicted KM!!! There was SO MUCH evidence she was the go between. I think the little school girl pig tail French braids and “I haven’t seen my kids in three years and..oh...my mom died while I’ve been sitting in jail for the last three years” made the jury sympathetic to her. I mean come on ....the evidence is there that she got SG to commit this murder. KM IS THE LINK. Duh! Just DUHHH!

ETA - I think WA then messaged KM through the WhatsApp or Snapchat to say it was done. Did LE look to see if WA had the WhatsApp installed on her devices? I realize the messages aren’t retrievable, but it’s another clue to help speculate how information was carried through from WA to others.

from part 3 Mentour Lawyer questioning juror at 6:50

Magbanua as a witness

Was she believable?

Quickly says I thought she was

Do you think everything she said was true? Or do you think the state on cross examination poked some, enough holes in there

I don’t think the state poked holes in anything in the cross examination actually

and because Georgia Cappleman is such a fierce prosecutor I think if something was going to come out for Katie it would have come out.....​

Well my morning really sucks I overslept because I was waiting on part 3 last night. We missed the garbage men which my pekingese lives and breathes to kill every Saturday....then I listened to this. I have the WA look on my face right now or actually more like the Patti Playtime doll since she is more my size.

In the second interview, this juror said that by the end of jury selection, when she was chosen (she was in the "last group") a lot fewer questions were being asked.....they seemed to just be tired and ready to get on with the next phase of the trial. "Phoning it in" is how I took it.

Maybe next time, not so many young jurors who sympathize so much with KM and don't benefit from the wisdom that years of living brings to the table.

Wow! What kind of a sign is that?! A bulliet for WA to put her behind bars? Let’s freaking hope.

from part 3 Mentour Lawyer questioning juror at 6:50

Magbanua as a witness

Was she believable?

Quickly says I thought she was

Do you think everything she said was true? Or do you think the state on cross examination poked some, enough holes in there

I don’t think the state poked holes in anything in the cross examination actually

and because Georgia Cappleman is such a fierce prosecutor I think if something was going to come out for Katie it would have come out.....​

Well my morning really sucks I overslept because I was waiting on part 3 last night. We missed the garbage men which my pekingese lives and breathes to kill every Saturday....then I listened to this. I have the WA look on my face right now or actually more like the Patti Playtime doll since she is more my size.

At least you didn't have Patty sitting on the end of your bed while you slept, like my sister's gkids did.....

Attachments

• sleepover.jpg
    sleepover.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 23
At least you didn't have Patty sitting on the end of your bed while you slept, like my sister's gkids did.....
OMG thanks for the laugh I needed that desperately.:):D

I am from Texas. I am afraid that would be the last of poor Patti. I have a pink .38

ETA: I am a responsible gun owner don't want to give Texans a bad rap:rolleyes::D

In the second interview, this juror said that by the end of jury selection, when she was chosen (she was in the "last group") a lot fewer questions were being asked.....they seemed to just be tired and ready to get on with the next phase of the trial. "Phoning it in" is how I took it.

Maybe next time, not so many young jurors who sympathize so much with KM and don't benefit from the wisdom that years of living brings to the table.

I broke down and listened to that tripe she spewed between the laughter and giggles.

She said she didn't think GC poked holes in ANY Of Katie's testimony on the stand. What!? They believe she actually legit earned a paycheck from the Adelson Institute?

It sounds to me like they didn't believe anything LR had to say about SG and KM communicating about this murder, so because of that they needed harder proof to believe KM actually was involved. Lots to think about for her retrial for sure.

It also sounds like not much else other than what was presented would have been needed to convict WENDI, which was also pretty interesting!
Evidently this juror is in the minority and in the greater scheme of things her opinion doesn't count as KM will be tried again by a completely new set of jurors who will have only one defendant to judge this time around, plus a more aggressive attack put on by the prosecution. All the evidence which was not admitted because of a lack of foundation and better enhancement of some of the wire taps will seal KM's doom. IMO.

I have to admit that I couldn’t listen to it all as it just upsets me how they saw the evidence. It’s very interesting for sure. Obviously this is this juror’s opinion but it sounds like she wasn’t alone in her thought process.
Am amazed really that the jury believed KM’s act. Act IMO.
Really hope GC is listening for the retrial!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spudxii