GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 *arrests* #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Red by me - So they are saying what's on the restaurant recording is going to exonerate KM?
It's all bollocks.

1. The recording has already been enhanced and can found on the Crime and Justice YT channel by Mentour lawyer. So why this 11th hr attempt at yet another enhancement. ? The Judge should skewer the prosecution over this. Perhaps he does no know about the first enhancement.

2. The Dolce vita recording will not exonerate KM . She basically sits there and gets lectured by Charlie. I believe the current enhancement favours low male tones. Reason being there is a lot of crockery and silverware noise so emphasising LF will be the best Simplistic method to enhance. I can't see why they can't run with what they have. The simple act of meeting at DV shows that KM is in the conspiracy up to her eyeballs. You have to see it in the context of bump operation and the comms between CJA and KM.

I think Cappleman's boss, Jack Campbell, should give her a bollocking over this last minute BS unless Kawass forced it on her. He hates me so I won't email him :-))

KG

That is interesting. Since the defense is joining in the motion for the delay to get the enhanced recording, they must believe it will be helpful.
Or it could be that the Prosecution thinks that the recording in its current enhanced form (which includes some video that shows it is indeed CJA speaking ) could be very confusing for the jurors and they will consider any delay to try to get an improvement.

It can be found as - note this is the OLD Enhanced version. the 1 of 3 is confusing - I don't believe there are follow on posts.

Deep Into the Investigation - Dan Markel Murder Case - Newly Enhanced Dolce Vita Videos (1 of 3)

10:20 "Say she was in my car and she got out and she did this horrible crime .... ok this guy got out of the car.. Katie this has nothing to do with you even if I could prove.. unintelligible..Katie.... say that she was sat in the car. ....

" DNA ....finger prints all over that F___king car. ...". yata yata ...

Katie in this conversation is the stand in for S Garcia but in staying in the car she is doing what L Rivera in fact seems to have done

at 7:38 there is some subtitle work on the video . (CJA : "This is huge ...") . It appears that CJA and DA are concerned that the first $5K demanded is part of a long term extortion attempt of the Adelsons by the Latin mob and they appear to think KM is in on it. They are trying to gauge her reactions. KM for her part thinks that S. Garcia is about to be picked up.

The reason that the audio is so bad, is that there was very short notice of this meeting via a cell phone intercept and the FBI had to rush to the restaurant and set up while the meeting was in progress.

KG

@oviedo - is there a court date hearing set yet or have they not decided yet since the guy from the FBI is doing the enhancement?

TIA! :)

Feb 2 2022

Dan Markel murder: Another trial delay for Katherine Magbanua (tallahassee.com)
Feb 1 2022
''After both Magbanua’s defense team and prosecutors with the State Attorney’s Office agreed that a CIA analyst needed more time to analyze a key recording in the alleged murder-for-hire case, Judge Robert Wheeler said he expects the trial to start over the summer.
An exact date has not yet been set. Her trial was set to start Feb. 14.
Wheeler rebuked attorneys who said the CIA analyst asked for more time to do audio enhancement on a secret recording taken by undercover FBI agents.
“Here again, we’re going to be put into a position to delay it again,” Wheeler said. “We’ve sent out juror summonses again and it just is unreasonable to this court, but I don’t have any choice."

Talking about Judge R Wheeler (penultimate email ) - I have just sent a note email to his JA that this business about an enhanced audio version ( as yet un done ) is simply a lot of hot air. There is an enhanced audio version of the Doce Vita meeting available and Mentour Lawyer has put this on the internet . It contains covert video as well so you be sure Charlie is speaking. Hopefully he does see the email.

What is being offered now is enhanced audio with some echo removal. What they had already was good to go. I simply cannot understand why G. Cappleman, for the prosecution was party to this half truth.

KG

Talking about Judge R Wheeler (penultimate email ) - I have just sent a note email to his JA that this business about an enhanced audio version ( as yet un done ) is simply a lot of hot air. There is an enhanced audio version of the Doce Vita meeting available and Mentour Lawyer has put this on the internet . It contains covert video as well so you be sure Charlie is speaking. Hopefully he does see the email.

What is being offered now is enhanced audio with some echo removal. What they had already was good to go. I simply cannot understand why G. Cappleman, for the prosecution was party to this half truth.

KG
FBI Investigates, the Hitman Files - Who Ordered the Hit on Dan Markel? (enhanced Dolce Vita 2/3) - Bing video
''The "Dolce Vita" videos of the meeting between Charlie Adelson and Katherine Magbanua were introduced into evidence at the first trial against Magbanua - but the quality of the sound was very poor. The State went back to work and produced an enhanced version of the videos of the FBI surveillance conducted during the restaurant meeting between Charlie Adelson and Katie Magbanua. These are the first 10, of 31.''

Last edited:
I think that the judge has been blind sided. Back in December - see image below dating from November, the State advised defense that they would be calling their expert. At that time enhancement had taken place. Note in the legal notice there is no discussion of file transfers or on going work on digital audio enhancement . But in early Feb the judge hears for the first time that there is incomplete work and what appears to be a new phase of enhancement is going on. I can see what's next -- Kawass and deCoste will want their OWN expert to do an enhancement for the defense. .. this thing is going to be strung out until the Second Coming with Judge Wheeler being the monkey in the middle.
See attachment from Dec hearing last year.
BTW Mentour lawyer/ Crime and Justice made his first posting of enhance audio in July of last year. It is basically the same as what Dotr has posted but the title is different. In the ML version , the audio goes straight through and there are no replays of audio from a different microphone.

KG

Attachments

• McElveen_amended_discovery.JPG
    McElveen_amended_discovery.JPG
    30 KB · Views: 8
So - no court date set yet? I'll be going on vacation in a couple of days - and will be gone for 2 weeks... I know quite a while! lol!

So - if someone - anyone - gets a date - please "tag" me so I can find it easily.
TIA! :)

Prosecutor Cappleman has gone over to the dark side and is helping Kawass with her lies to the Judge Wheeler - don't expect a date any time soon... April or May - whatever suits getting Wendi beyond the limits for prosecution. I'm disgusted.

Magbanua retrial now set for May 16
May 16 is the new date… can this be delayed again?!
Of course it can - Kawass loves wiping her boots on Cappleman and Cappleman has no spine. I 've had a gutsful of her now.

She prepared the first trial poorly c/w Kawass. This audio we are talking about was posted last JUNE on the internet in some form of enhancement. There was plenty of time to do more enhancement. I don't know if Mr McElveen was involved at that stage or not. We know that the FBI collected the audio - read this as -" the Tallahassee police did not trust Miami police at all in the matter of the bump" . McElveen works or worked for the FBI .. it is not brain surgery to make this happen in an expeditious manner.

KG

Of course it can - Kawass loves wiping her boots on Cappleman and Cappleman has no spine. I 've had a gutsful of her now.

She prepared the first trial poorly c/w Kawass. This audio we are talking about was posted last JUNE on the internet in some form of enhancement. There was plenty of time to do more enhancement. I don't know if Mr McElveen was involved at that stage or not. We know that the FBI collected the audio - read this as -" the Tallahassee police did not trust Miami police at all in the matter of the bump" . McElveen works or worked for the FBI .. it is not brain surgery to make this happen in an expeditious manner.

KG
Right… this case is so, so frustrating. Cannot imagine how it is for Dan’s family and friends.

Right… this case is so, so frustrating. Cannot imagine how it is for Dan’s family and friends.

Even though the masterminds are free for the short term, their life has to have been turned upside down. Wealthy as they were resources are now dwindling, and a very low chance of ever getting their lives back. The family is most likely disintegrating, and the sons are old enough to begin to see what has transpired. They will be aware of the upcoming trial. And with a conviction, the elder Markel's will be vindicated in their foster parent search.

You are correct about the resources dwindling. Based on the over one hundred depositions taken for the first trial, normal legal fees for trial lawyers and the $100K paid to have Dan Markel killed, I'd expect the family is out of pocket $750-800 K at least and this does not include the cost of destruction of the dental business (Adelson institute) There are two attorneys working on the case though not full time. Somehow deCoste is working out of David Marcus's offices. D. Marcus has represented CJA in malpractice suits in the past.

A conviction of KM has no effect on child custody. The conviction that affects custody has to be of Wendi Adelson either in a civil court (wrongful death ) or in a criminal court. Wendi won't be prosecuted for anything until the KM trial is over. She's the most likely target as there's a fair bit in terms of phone calls (but not content) linking her to events plus her lies about where she drive, what happened on the 17th when she saw the Silver Prius. I'm not sure that anything in her attempt to set up prof laCasse to take a fall will be admissible as it is all circumstantial. WJA also made the statement : "where was he shot ? " when she heard in the police station that Dan Markel was badly hurt (the police specifically did not mention shooting or other related events). I'm not sure if that's admissible or not - she was not being formally interviewed at this time and she had not been read her rights... I'm sure Kawass etc will fight to have that thrown out.

It will be rather difficult to get 12/12 jurors to agree on Wendi's involvement.

Basically someone , some secret Santa gave June Umchinda the cash money USD 227 K to buy an apartment in Boca Raton, FL and this was in progress just three months after the last mistrial of K Magbanua. June Umchinda (Ex GF of Charlie Adelson) was a witness for the defense. She tried to roll back her prev statement on the way CJA bundled money with staples. Her life seems to be on the up and up since then...

Tara Kawass's elder sister who started the law firm worked for a Judge Hirsch when she was doing her articles. This Hirsch in the transaction is a different Hirsch. It's always possible they are relatives.
Purchase of a swish condominium unit by June Umchinda just 3-4 months after the mistrial of K Magbanua in 2019:

Property Appraiser, Palm Beach County, Florida, USA
PROPERTY APPRAISER PUBLIC ACCESS
Umchinda June | 8649 Boca Glades Blvd W A, Boca Raton 33434
Sales Date Price OR Book/Page Sale Type Owner
MAR-2020 $227,000 31353 / 01064 WARRANTY DEED UMCHINDA JUNE
Official Records | Clerk of the Circuit Court & Comptroller, Palm Beach County
Official Records Search | Clerk of the Circuit Court & Comptroller, Palm Beach County
Document Detail
Type: D
Date/Time: 4/9/2020 14:14:51
CFN: 20200128609
Book Type: O
Book/Page: 31353/1064
Pages: 3
Consideration: $227,000.00
Party 1:HIRSCH JEFFREY BRUCE INDIVIDUALLY TRUSTEE
JEFFREY BRUCE HIRSCH REVOCABLE TRUST
Party 2:UMCHINDA JUNE
Legal: BOCA GLADES D CN BL51 U426 BLU