GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 *arrests* #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Investigator Isom literally tells WA that Markel has been shot in the first couple of minutes.
You are correct. I have listened to
(Wendi Adelson Full Length Interrogation )
and the shooting is mentioned first (but no victim) and then the fact that Danny has been taken to the hospital. It sounds like I either have a false memory or I have seen an edited version somehow. I can't edit that second para of the previous post.

BTW one thing that is most interesting about this interrogation is that Wendi shows a lot of interest in who is going to pick up her kids while she is sitting in the cop shop : she seems to say not one word about wanting to go to the hospital if only it means she will have to see her ex on life support. She's free to go at any time - they never arrested her. As far as I can tell WJA never went to the hospital and it is well known that the Markels could not arrive before he died .

What flabbergasts me is the ability of the defense to draw this case out Sometime late 2015 the investigators appear to have done a deal with L. Rivera. May of 2016 S. Garcia is arrested. A few weeks later K. Magbanua is arrested and here we are with a rubbery trial date for KM in May of 2022, and it appears that the prosecution thinks it is a good thing. (You'd need to watch to last case management conference ).

KG

You are correct. I have listened to
(Wendi Adelson Full Length Interrogation )
and the shooting is mentioned first (but no victim) and then the fact that Danny has been taken to the hospital. It sounds like I either have a false memory or I have seen an edited version somehow. I can't edit that second para of the previous post.

BTW one thing that is most interesting about this interrogation is that Wendi shows a lot of interest in who is going to pick up her kids while she is sitting in the cop shop : she seems to say not one word about wanting to go to the hospital if only it means she will have to see her ex on life support. She's free to go at any time - they never arrested her. As far as I can tell WJA never went to the hospital and it is well known that the Markels could not arrive before he died .

What flabbergasts me is the ability of the defense to draw this case out Sometime late 2015 the investigators appear to have done a deal with L. Rivera. May of 2016 S. Garcia is arrested. A few weeks later K. Magbanua is arrested and here we are with a rubbery trial date for KM in May of 2022, and it appears that the prosecution thinks it is a good thing. (You'd need to watch to last case management conference ).

KG
It is flabbergasting how long this is taking and the alleged conspirators who planned the entire thing still haven’t been arrested!

It is flabbergasting how long this is taking and the alleged conspirators who planned the entire thing still haven’t been arrested!
You can only be held for thirty days without charge in FL. , according to Rule 3.134 of the Florida Rules of Criminal Procedure

If they were to arrest CJA for example then if they can't put a case together within 30 days he'd get out (no even on bail) and he'd skip the country pronto. Wendi is far less likely to run off but there's no point in going early with her.

Legally all that is known from existing convictions is that there was a murder for hire and Luiz Rivera was paid 35 K in cash and drove the rental car. SG did the killing and the details of his payment are not fully transparent. KM was paid for work she never did at the clinic , but it is hard to tie the cheques from Donna to KM (which are all documented) to the killing UNLESS KM is found guilty of being a go between , which is what the current trial to be is all about.

What really annoys me is that the audio from the Dolce Vita is not really critical to getting KM convicted. KM says very little - CJA does most of the talking He does not use the word murder but instead "this horrible thing ". KM at this stage is worried about Sig Garcia who has not yet been pulled in and of course about her own skin. It is clear what is going on to an interested observer but to a jury - is it so clear. And what specific incrimination is going on ? Not a lot (if you listen hard , you can pick up quite a bit of what has been posted in DV audio by Mentour Lawyer). So why did Cappleman roll over and agree to further enhancement , which was a lie of omission to judge Wheeler in the Dec. documentation ? Are the Adelsons paying for this enhancement perchance ? Is it about saving the FL taxpayer money but at the same time extending the trial which cannot do anything but cost money and delay justice ? And what will happen when McElveen has finished his latest magnum opus of a new enhancement ? Kawass will say it is flawed and will demand copies of the original MPG files and want to send them off to another acoustics expert paid for by Donna Adelson . I can see this as reliably as the spring will arrive in the US. They can keep playing this game until they run out of money or the judge gets furious.

In my dreams - Judge Brian Schroeder from WI takes the case and yells at T. Kawass; "Don't get BRAZEN with me , young lady ~~!! ". But only in a dream.

:-)

You are correct about the resources dwindling. Based on the over one hundred depositions taken for the first trial, normal legal fees for trial lawyers and the $100K paid to have Dan Markel killed, I'd expect the family is out of pocket $750-800 K at least and this does not include the cost of destruction of the dental business (Adelson institute) There are two attorneys working on the case though not full time. Somehow deCoste is working out of David Marcus's offices. D. Marcus has represented CJA in malpractice suits in the past.

A conviction of KM has no effect on child custody. The conviction that affects custody has to be of Wendi Adelson either in a civil court (wrongful death ) or in a criminal court. Wendi won't be prosecuted for anything until the KM trial is over. She's the most likely target as there's a fair bit in terms of phone calls (but not content) linking her to events plus her lies about where she drive, what happened on the 17th when she saw the Silver Prius. I'm not sure that anything in her attempt to set up prof laCasse to take a fall will be admissible as it is all circumstantial. WJA also made the statement : "where was he shot ? " when she heard in the police station that Dan Markel was badly hurt (the police specifically did not mention shooting or other related events). I'm not sure if that's admissible or not - she was not being formally interviewed at this time and she

Basically someone , some secret Santa gave June Umchinda the cash money USD 227 K to buy an apartment in Boca Raton, FL and this was in progress just three months after the last mistrial of K Magbanua. June Umchinda (Ex GF of Charlie Adelson) was a witness for the defense. She tried to roll back her prev statement on the way CJA bundled money with staples. Her life seems to be on the up and up since then...

Tara Kawass's elder sister who started the law firm worked for a Judge Hirsch when she was doing her articles. This Hirsch in the transaction is a different Hirsch. It's always possible they are relatives.
Purchase of a swish condominium unit by June Umchinda just 3-4 months after the mistrial of K Magbanua in 2019:

Property Appraiser, Palm Beach County, Florida, USA
PROPERTY APPRAISER PUBLIC ACCESS
Umchinda June | 8649 Boca Glades Blvd W A, Boca Raton 33434
Sales Date Price OR Book/Page Sale Type Owner
MAR-2020 $227,000 31353 / 01064 WARRANTY DEED UMCHINDA JUNE
Official Records | Clerk of the Circuit Court & Comptroller, Palm Beach County
Official Records Search | Clerk of the Circuit Court & Comptroller, Palm Beach County
Document Detail
Type: D
Date/Time: 4/9/2020 14:14:51
CFN: 20200128609
Book Type: O
Book/Page: 31353/1064
Pages: 3
Consideration: $227,000.00
Party 1:HIRSCH JEFFREY BRUCE INDIVIDUALLY TRUSTEE
JEFFREY BRUCE HIRSCH REVOCABLE TRUST
Party 2:UMCHINDA JUNE
Legal: BOCA GLADES D CN BL51 U426 BLU

Nattavadi... I think you are pressing reply and not Like. There is no point in pressing Reply and not saying anything - it just clutters up the thread. Admin you are free to delete this after it has been up for say eight hrs.

I've been trying to catch up for the 14th, but see now there is no hurry!

Did the family dental practice close?

I've read some comments about CA's acceptability to patients, or lack of acceptability. I'm not surprised if this is the case, who would want to see him?

I've been a dentist for a very long time, and have never heard of another dentist working 15 hour days. No wonder he complains of a sore back!

What do you think the chances are that he will be arrested, if there is a guilty verdict in this trial? What about his mother?

I've been trying to catch up for the 14th, but see now there is no hurry!

Did the family dental practice close?

I've read some comments about CA's acceptability to patients, or lack of acceptability. I'm not surprised if this is the case, who would want to see him?

I've been a dentist for a very long time, and have never heard of another dentist working 15 hour days. No wonder he complains of a sore back!

What do you think the chances are that he will be arrested, if there is a guilty verdict in this trial? What about his mother?
|
re question on the dental practice run by the Adelsons
Adelson Aesthestic yata yata dental surgery is no more.
Specifically - the Adelson Institute For Aesthetics & Implant Dentistry
https://www.yelp.com/biz/adelson-institute-for-aesthetics-and-implant-dentistry-tamarac-2
It used to trade under Floridasmiledoctors.com I believe I checked the URL maybe 9 months back
and it was parked as unused.
Google reviews are as follows -

Jack J.
Wooster, OH
12/4/2021
Healthcare is all about ethics, and when you don't have them in your personal life, it's doubtful you
would in your professional life. How have these people continue to operate when everyone knows the
truth? I wouldn't trust the Adelson family with anything or anyone.
Celeste O.
Davie, FL
1/3/2022
If you like getting your teeth done by murderers, this is the dental clinic for you! They hired a hit
to kill their ex-son-in-law over a custody dispute. The Hispanic hitmen are rotting in prison for
murder, while the Adelsons have never even been charged. But hey, I'm sure they can bleach your teeth
as white as their privilege!
and so on and so forth - a lot about the murder and not much about the Adelsons' skills.
======================================================
2. Charlie's only hope of getting work after the practice went downhill - I think is father was
getting on anyway and it was getting Google bombed as per examples. ... was to be a locum and work
through other surgeries. It seems his fact and name was a bit too well known. Jews would not touch
him as a dentist . I guess Hispanics ditto. Who all else lives in Florida ? :))

3. Chances of arrest of CJA - very slim. His sister's chances are higher if you take LaCasse's,
Rivera's testimony together with her obvious perjury about where she said she went on the morning of
the murder. The wild card is Amy Adler - I'll let you look her up as homework. If she testified for
the Markels in a civil case she'd back up Rivera's story about being told that Dan Markel had to be
killed before Sat am as he was flying out to NY that day (to see Amy Adler - it was summer recess at
TSU).

My guess is the next stop on the line after the conviction of Magbanua will be the Markels will want to take out a wrongful death suit against Wendi Adelson give the legislation being passed in the FL legislature - they will get 50 percent custody of the boys if she is found guilty. Clearly they'd like to asset strip her too if they win to cover the costs and to set up some scholarship or similar for Dan Markel's memory. WJA never got an insurance payout on Dan's death as he'd changed his policy and named is sister in Canada as the beneficiary.

There may in fact be ticket booking information with an airline as a third level of back up - yet
another thing that Georgia Cappleman may not have looked up. What is abundantly clear is that
someone in Tallahassee told the travel plans to an entity in Miami and that entity gave the
information to Magabanua to communicate with S. Garcia as he called from the parking lot in the park
in Betton hills on the afternoon of 17th July 2014.

You and the Jury don't have to be a brain surgeon to work out who it was in Tallahassee who rang
through that information on Dan's travels. Bear in mind it was out of university term so nobody at
the law school (apart from WJA) could have known - as if someone at the law school might have taken
out a contract on Dan Markel to get is job or some other hairbrained alibi for Wendi.
There is also a facebook site called justice for Dan Markel - news on development sometimes is posted
there.

DONNA
The main link between Donna and the murder are the afterpayments she made to Magbanua. I don't think a jury would convict her on this.

She made some revealing statements during the BUMP period - when she was told the thugs were looking for assistance for Tato (Rivera) her first
statements were to distance herself from the murder of Dan Markel even though the other party had not even mentioned that murder. The FBI was clever to use the term Tato to try to get her to ask who Tato was and then something might slip out that she knew who Rivera was or that he was somehow connected to K. Mabanua. But that never happened.

KG.

IMO - The legal defense strategy of the alleged masterminds is a 2 part chess match. Part 1 is to make sure KM is acquitted at all costs - including the public sullying of the alleged masterminds' names if it helps KM get off. The important thing to remember here is that this sullying helps KM in winning an acquittal and in no way does it put the alleged masterminds in any legal jeopardy. The alleged masterminds have no problem with KM saying she "thinks" they were involved if it helps get her off. So while it might sound contradictory if they are truly in cahoots in a conspiracy and in a unified legal defense, it is not from a legal defense standpoint. Get KM acquitted at all costs and the case against the alleged masterminds is struck a huge blow. The lawyers are all in cahoots together to primarily protect the alleged masterminds and this strategy was conceived and agreed upon in Penthouse One.

What is Part 2?

I don't know how you know what you know, but it sure is interesting.

Background -
Mentour lawyer actual name approx James Wieskowksy , now posting as Crime and Justice (Youtube) has run multiple bits of audio that he bought under freedom of information.
Included somewhere in that audio is CJA setting up the meeting while driving there (KM is in her car driving) . I think he wants a crowded noisy place in case KM is wearing
audio transmission equipment. He or Donna or both probably suspect that KM plus Latin mafia is going to try to repetitively shake down the Adelsons for more money (that's my guess). Charlie was pretty paranoid about phone taps and there is very little captured cellphone audio of him with K. Magbanua. Ditto with his mother and basically none that I know of with Wendi Adelson. Of course there was plenty of chatter about the time of the murder but that's all lost for every. All the police/FBI have is the metadata of those calls.

Back to the Dolce Vita -
The FBI was monitoring his cell phone and had to make a decision to rush to the restaurant with agents disguised as diners.
Context -
This audio was recorded after the "BUMP " when and FBI agent posing as Tato's brother (Viz - the brother of Rivera, in jail) gave Donna Adelson a note that included a phone number to ring and suggested they better look after Tato. (Or what ?- there is a threat of exposure but it is never stated).

Rivera was jailed on racketeering charges sometime in late 2014 I believe (or about then). When the origin of the Prius was finally resolved and his name and signature were found on the rental agreement , agents went to see him in Federal prison sometime in 2015 I 'd guess . Rivera is as bad as Sig Garcia - he has admitted that he was the intended gunman on the first trip to Tallahassee which was about June 4th, 2014. The agents were blunt - they had his name on the rental agreement for the Prius used for the fatal shooting in his own handwriting plus his cellphone details. They had a good quality photo of him driving the same Prius - the ATM stop.

THey had Mr Nobles placing him and S Garcia in Tallahassee at the time of the murder , they had cell phone records. He was going to get the death penalty if he did not want to talk - he had to prove he was not the shooter .Investigator Isom didn't care . Simple. Hence Rivera got interested in being a prosecution witness.

KG.

For anyone reading the extensive analysis by 1 or 2 very active members, please keep in mind the following fact:
The prosecution has yet to reveal all of the evidence they have against the Adelsons. The prosecution is under no obligation to do so in the United States.
So far, they've revealed just what they need to in order to make a case against KM and SG.
But anyone analyzing the public evidence as if that's all there is is gonna look really super-silly in the very near future.
Like, really silly.

For anyone reading the extensive analysis by 1 or 2 very active members, please keep in mind the following fact:
The prosecution has yet to reveal all of the evidence they have against the Adelsons. The prosecution is under no obligation to do so in the United States.
So far, they've revealed just what they need to in order to make a case against KM and SG.
But anyone analyzing the public evidence as if that's all there is is gonna look really super-silly in the very near future.
Like, really silly.

IN response to that I'd like to point out - if there was a whole pile of evidence against the Adelsons that is still being held back -
Why did the Tallahassee police have to go tot the trouble to organise the Bump and given the furtive recordings that were made re that (telephone intercepts as well as the meeting ), is it likely that there were texts as well that have bot been released ?
2. There is quite an email history between WJA and DA well before the killing but all of a sudden that goes dead. Mentour lawyer ( Crime and Justice) has provided transcripts of these (but only in a flicking the pages sense). I'd say it goes dead because they have had a face to face meeting and decided that offering Dan Markel money to give up custody ( $USD 1 Million was discussed) is not going to work , sot they need to move on to more extreme measures. But there is no way to prove that.
3. Everything about the post killing actions indicates that all of the Adelsons are well aware of the dangers of sending text messages (they tend to be retained forever by the carrier, or at least ten years). So where is the chatter within the Adelsons or between them and the likes of KM ? Short phone calls KM- CJA have occurred - they are on record. If there were texts, why would the police not release them under FOI? And if there was a lot of this material, why not create a conspiracy indictment ?

is it likely that there were texts as well that have bot been released ?
100%.

2. There is quite an email history between WJA and DA well before the killing but all of a sudden that goes dead.
They have every single email, it came up at trial.

3. Everything about the post killing actions indicates that all of the Adelsons are well aware of the dangers of sending text messages (they tend to be retained forever by the carrier, or at least ten years).
Google it like I did, texts are not retained by the carrier, this came up at trial also.

If there were texts, why would the police not release them under FOI? And if there was a lot of this material, why not create a conspiracy indictment ?
Give it a few months.

100%.

They have every single email, it came up at trial.

Google it like I did, texts are not retained by the carrier, this came up at trial also.

Give it a few months.
===============================================
since you are new user of Websleuths, frankly I am not sure if I am being trolled or not.

I am not sure on what basis you say that there are certain text messages that have not been released. Reason - all the communication CJA to KM and Vversa after the Bump appears to be audio. And all or most of that has been released at time of trial.

Texts are retained by some carriers, up to 90 days in fact. HOWEVER if the text is Apple I phone to I phone then the texts are all encripted and given the degree of encription are basically impossible to break - ie you need to have a password for the phone and recover them from the handset and not the telecoms provider.
I am guessing that Wendi , who is a trust fund kiddie type, would have had the latest model of Iphone. A Guess only. I note that she handed it over to Investig ISOM in the interview room presumably in the unlocked state and he took it away for forensics. So she must have been very sure at that time 18th July 2014, that there was nothing incriminating on the phone.

as for "Give it a few months" that is precisely T Kawass and deCoste's philosophy... just delay delay delay .. whatever lies it takes. It's more time credit for KM to her sentence and Kawass does not care if KM spends her entire eventual sentence on remand - it makes her beholden to Donna or AN Other who is paying the legal costs until sentence is passed. And after that , there is sure to be a sham appeal .

regards, KG.

Just a public service announcement that the court file and trial (on YouTube) contradict most of what you've said.

Locals that lurk here to follow the case should know that.

Good talk, see you in a few months.

Part 1 - Get KM Acquitted at All Costs
Part 2 - Get the Alleged Masterminds Acquitted at All Costs
You don't need part two if you achieve part one - she 's to the only link to the Adelsons. If you can't convict Katie, regardless of if she does a plea deal or not , you can't convict Charlie or Wendi. To me Donna seems near untouchable. The only real links for her are:

1 her obvious hatred of Dan Markel the ex son in law and

2. The fact she signed off the cheques to KM , but as the office manager of the dental practice. You could not hang even a cat for that.

(what she said on the phone during the bump operation is not very incriminating). The business about organising the repair of the TV in Talla from Miami is very strange (Why would Wendi not do that locally ? Does she need her mum to help her cross the road too ? but the repair is timing could be just coincidental.

KG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members