Found Deceased FL - Delia Young, 13, Gainesville, 15 MAY 2021 *ARREST*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have a very bad feeling about this case. Kind of an all ducks in a row before advising LE of her going missing. I hope I'm wrong. An earlier post that had links to FB, her aunt was commenting that she had custody of Delia's sister. She hasn't said why. When I enter 4200 block on NW 142 Ave it shows a home with an above ground swimming pool. Is that her home? Who saw her in downtown Gainsville?
Just to clarify...she was reported missing from the 3200 block of NW 142. No swimming pool at the house. See on map: Google Maps Where was it reported that she was ever in downtown Gainesville?
As for the aunt's comments, according to Delia's mother's obituary, she only had two children - Delia and a younger son, who is Delia's half-brother. Young was her mother's maiden name, so we don't know if there is a dad in the picture.

Last edited:
Working behind the scenes or not, they need to raise awareness about this precious missing child. I’d hate to become jaded enough to believe that mostly only kids that look like Jon Benet get the lions share of attention....

amateur opinion and speculation

Dear @rosesfromangels,

My sentiments exactly.

This beautiful little girl needs to be found soon. The whole situation is so worrying.

Learning that the area (as mentioned below) is "wooded and sparsely populated" is very concerning.

I hadn't realized that she doesn't have her medication with her - until I read all of your posts.

This is such a heartbreaking situation.

Hoping that Delia is found safe. There is always hope - even when it's hard to see. And it's really hard to see, given that days went by before she was even reported missing.

13-Year-Old Missing In Northern Alachua County - WUFT News

"The area where Young was last seen is wooded and sparsely populated. NW 142nd Ave is a small stretch of road connecting NW County Road 231 and State Road 121. Several homes and structures stand on both sides of NW 142nd Ave, including Jungle Friends Primate Sanctuary."

Just to clarify...she was reported missing from the 3200 block of NW 142. No swimming pool at the house. See on map: Google Maps Where was it reported that she was ever in downtown Gainesville?
As for the aunt's comments, according to Delia's mother's obituary, she only had two children - Delia and a younger son, who is Delia's half-brother. Young was her mother's maiden name, so we don't know if there is a dad in the picture.

That mistake may be due to a post of mine earlier- I mentioned a few pages ago that the area she went missing from is 12 miles from downtown Gainesville to clarify that the location is outside of town.

It looks like Rocky Creek passes under 142.
Another big concern. Looking from a satellite view, this is a densely wooded area.
If dogs haven’t been brought in, they need to be immediately...but this is all likely too little too late. Hope I’m wrong.

Amateur opinion and speculation

*If* this little girl left on her own, (and that’s a big if), she might have decided to go visit the monkeys at the nearby primate sanctuary. Jungle friends.org

NW 142 ave is a short road. Do we know if her home is at the end where the primate sanctuary is? We might be able to guess her path, *if* she left on her own.

*If* this little girl left on her own, (and that’s a big if), she might have decided to go visit the monkeys at the nearby primate sanctuary. Jungle friends.org

NW 142 ave is a short road. Do we know if her home is at the end where the primate sanctuary is? We might be able to guess her path, *if* she left on her own.

See the map...Google Maps

She is very close to the primate sanctuary.

See the map...Google Maps

She is very close to the primate sanctuary.
She certainly is. Again, *if* she left on her own accord, I think this is where she was heading. If they haven't checked already, surveillance around that sanctuary needs to be checked. We might see her...

She certainly is. Again, *if* she left on her own accord, I think this is where she was heading. If they haven't checked already, surveillance around that sanctuary needs to be checked. We might see her...

It should have been one of the first things they checked. However, we don’t know if LE have done anything to find her.

Oh such sad news: Breaking: Woman arrested for homicide in connection to the disappearance of 13-year-old Delia Young

GAINESVILLE, Fla. (WCJB) -Alachua County Sheriff’s Deputies arrested 57-year-old Marian Glovina Williams in connection with the death of 13-year Delia Young. Williams was arrested late Wednesday evening just hours after deputies obtained search warrants for multiple properties.

She has a great-aunt named Marian Williams, though it’s been reported that the killer was her step-mom.

RIP sweet angel.

Last edited:
Oh such sad news: Breaking: Woman arrested for homicide in connection to the disappearance of 13-year-old Delia Young

GAINESVILLE, Fla. (WCJB) -Alachua County Sheriff’s Deputies arrested 57-year-old Marian Glovina Williams in connection with the death of 13-year Delia Young. Williams was arrested late Wednesday evening just hours after deputies obtained search warrants for multiple properties.

I believe Marian Williams is her great aunt. Her maternal grandmother’s sister.

RIP sweet angel.
I think we saw this coming. This poor sweet child likely suffered her entire life. Bless her sweet soul.
Now, let there be the most extreme justice the law allows for the evil doer.

Oh no. Has Delia been found though? The article only states that Marian G. Williams was arrested in connection to her death, but there is no mention of her body being found.

Poor child.
No. She has not been found. :(
BREAKING NEWS: Marian Glovina Williams is being charged in connection with the death of 13-year-old Delia Young. Deputies are still searching for Young's remains. (1/3) @WCJB20 @AlachuaSheriff

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth
Back