VERDICT WATCH FL - Doug Benefield, 58, shot and killed by estranged wife, Manatee County, 27 Sept 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted that AB was not battered. Meaning not physically assaulted.

But the post seemed to deny that the defendant was a victim of abuse.
And that she is a liar.

"not a battered woman but a liar".

Physical violence is NOT the only form of domestic abuse.

That was the point of my post.

But the post seemed to deny that the defendant was a victim of abuse.
And that she is a liar.

"not a battered woman but a liar".

Physical violence is NOT the only form of domestic abuse.

That was the point of my post.

If you see something other than the intention of my post then that is your prerogative. I meant physical abuse. Period.

UGH this trial is going too fast. I wanted to go but work has been crazy this week... i figured next week for defense. Looks like i'm going to miss going live.
Don't believe a word AB is saying, think her mom is 100 percent complicit in all. waiting with baited ears to hear this testimony now.

Kinda weird they didn't go into how they met, how the home life was, etc, etc. Just right into the day of the shooting. It's very odd how much has NOT been allowed into this trial. I have no idea how their marriage went downhill or anything about it from her side. I want to know why she really left him to go have her baby away from him. What event(s) made her want to leave this man and the marriage. Something beside morning sickness made her want to get out of it. If that is all being suppressed by the court, I think that is going to be a problem.

This is her chance and there's no build-up to the shooting really. I don't know if it's because the defense has been so limited in their ability to show any hint of prior domestic violence. I think she should at least be able to show that prior events show her frame of mind going into this event. Without it, I don't see how she walks away from this.

On the other hand I don't think the prosecution's case showed a whole lot either. All we have is the forensics and I don't think we really got a good picture of what really happened thru that.

I've been following different streams that different crime channels are streaming on YouTube and I've been monitoring the chats. There's a surprising amount of support for her. Here, it seems like everyone has made up their minds. I haven't yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413