VERDICT WATCH FL - Doug Benefield, 58, shot and killed by estranged wife, Manatee County, 27 Sept 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is like when you work a 9 to 5 office job and someone calls at 4:55PM on a Friday to have a conversation they know full well is going to last a considerable amount of time and probably annoy the hell out of whoever has to deal with your nonsense, but they do it anyway. I think there should be a special place in hell for people who inflict this sort of first world pain on people!

JMO
Does AB have a public defender or a court appointed attorney?
Ferris has to have cost big bucks to testify.

Court is still in session. Defense is proffering the DV expert. I couldn’t bear to listen to him. This felt like Alyce LaViolette all over again. I feel this type of evidence is junk and shouldn’t be allowed. This is a straight up self-defense case. Her actions were unreasonable. Defense arguing now why this expert should be allowed to testify. JMO

Any reasonable person can hear from a defendant and the facts of the incident and determine whether she feared for her life. Having this mental health counselor explain away all her inconsistent behavior leading up to the incident is improper in my view. That’s for the jury to decide and it’s a question of credibility. Having some “expert” throw a bunch of theory at the jury to explain away all doubts the jurors might have seems unfair to the state. JMO

I don't understand how this situation can even be called domestic violence. These two were not even living together. Add to that, the Florida Statute defines domestic violence as follows

“Domestic violence” means any assault, aggravated assault, battery,aggravated battery, sexual assault, sexual battery, stalking,aggravated stalking, kidnapping, false imprisonment, or any criminal offense resulting in physical injury or death of one family or household member by another family or household member.

I don't understand how this situation can even be called domestic violence. These two were not even living together. Add to that, the Florida Statute defines domestic violence as follows

“Domestic violence” means any assault, aggravated assault, battery,aggravated battery, sexual assault, sexual battery, stalking,aggravated stalking, kidnapping, false imprisonment, or any criminal offense resulting in physical injury or death of one family or household member by another family or household member.

The tracker DB put on her car?
Stalking?

WOW!
Ferris is having a hard time remembering how many hours he spent/talked with her.
He came up with 15-20 hrs.

Is there documentation for this?

From what I got out of his testimony is that in addition to talking with her he read documents that had no basis in proven facts and based his findings on that. JMOO

I don't believe just about anything that AB claims.
She had no fear of bringing him back into her daughter's life after filing in court that he physically/sexually abused her.
She tried to place blame for that as the "advice from her lawyer" but what did she tell her lawyer?

The tracker DB put on her car?
Stalking?
look up the definition of stalking under florida law and let me know what you think. It is more than I want to tackle today after being subjected to this latest witness testimony. Lots to read under that topic.

look up the definition of stalking under florida law and let me know what you think. It is more than I want to tackle today after being subjected to this latest witness testimony. Lots to read under that topic.
Too long to fully read but quickly found this.
It was admitted into court.
Was there one of the court orders to stay away from each other when he tracked her vehicle ?
??

(2) A person who willfully, maliciously, and repeatedly follows, harasses, or cyberstalks another person commits the offense of stalking, a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.
(3) A person who willfully, maliciously, and repeatedly follows, harasses, or cyberstalks another person and makes a credible threat to that person commits the offense of aggravated stalking, a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.
(4) A person who, after an injunction for protection against repeat violence, sexual violence, or dating violence pursuant to s. 784.046, or an injunction for protection against domestic violence pursuant to s. 741.30, or after any other court-imposed prohibition of conduct toward the subject person or that person’s property, knowingly, willfully, maliciously, and repeatedly follows, harasses, or cyberstalks another person commits the offense of aggravated stalking, a felony of the third

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clarice34ON4ill