FL FL - Dustin Pham, 21, Hillsborough County, 05 Mar 2020

ADKGemini

Reaction score
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Circumstances of Disappearance-On March 5, 2020 at approximately 3:45 AM, Dustin Pham's car was found abandon at the top of the Skyway Bridge.

Original

If it was an attempted jump he would have automatically been baker acted. Did the family check on that?

There was no reported activity for 8-5-20 on the Skyway.
2020 skyway bridge suicide jumpers
Do you mean 3-5-2020? I see some comments and info regarding this date that may be attributed to this young man. At the time, they would have been able to see him jump. I’d be really surprised if they didn’t have video of it.

Attachments

• 09DFE6B3-443A-41FB-A16E-82D7423A41E5.jpeg
    09DFE6B3-443A-41FB-A16E-82D7423A41E5.jpeg
    462.9 KB · Views: 20
Do you mean 3-5-2020? I see some comments and info regarding this date that may be attributed to this young man. At the time, they would have been able to see him jump. I’d be really surprised if they didn’t have video of it.

Thanks! Sorry my fault. I read it as 8-5-20.

Yes a possible jump listed on 3-5-20
Body not found.

03.05.20, reports of an early morning jumper, around 3:45am.
skywaybridge.com/go

Last edited:
I wish they would list what he was wearing. The old bridge is now a fishing pier with bathrooms. People fish 24/7 and someone could have reeled in an article of clothing, shoe, etc. not realizing it belonged to him. There were reports of a jumper which means a driver, a person in a boat or someone on the old bridge saw it happen. That would be in addition to the bridge cams and any vehicle dash cams. This seems so very solvable. I hope his family finds peace with his choice.

Dustin Pham – The Charley Project

Details of Disappearance
Pham was last seen in St. Petersburg, Florida on March 5, 2020. He has never been heard from again. At 3:45 a.m. his car was found abandoned at the top of the Sunshine Skyway Bridge. A witness reported having seen a person jumping from the bridge about two hours earlier. A search of the water turned up no sign of a body. Pham's case remains unsolved.

@mlhenn if he would've jumped do we know what way the water would've carried him?

@DS2021 , I think this is a very good question!

Unfortunately, I’m probably the least likely WS member to answer that. :confused: I have very, very little knowledge of currents, high/low tides, various water conditions/data with bodies of water...(not a lot of major waterways where I live in southeast AR).

•Here’s a link that has various info/data such as currents, water depths, etc for Tampa Bay under the Skyway Bridge. It may be of some help.

PORTS® - NOAA Tides & Currents

Curious...
Does this bridge have cameras?
If so, are they monitored?

I'm not sure all the cameras are functional, or maybe not storing the data. I'm 99% sure he jumped, appears he missed the rocks and went into the water, but at this point he will likely not be found. I do follow the Skyway bridge site and have yet to see them be able to access camera data outside of observers of jumpers. Very sad

Oh man, I have a lot of doubt that he is alive. However I hope his remains is found somewhere, so his family can gain some closure. Super sad case.

I wonder why there are no interviews with his family? I knew a young man from St. Pete with the last name Pham, I wish some family had been named in the report.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeAM
Back