GUILTY FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ETA- it’s always been interesting to me that Donna had such an objection to Rob marrying outside the faith, and wanted to choose a husband for Wendi, but has never had any objection to the various women in Charlie’s life, none of whom was Jewish and at least one of whom has proves to be of a very unsavory character (who knew the type of people who could hurt someone.)
something tells me there was more to that objection than faith....she is Indian as I recall and probably not from the right family? Robert as this point is not even mentioned as part of the family and I bet that is A okay with him!!!

I just remembered, and was posting that WA's Dave, was a former NSA computer scientist. Isn't it convenient that that guy would know everything that the feds and the police could find on you from your WhatsApp messages to your emails to your texts is your boyfriend? I always say these people use everyone. It's quite something that that's who she started dating after and, more importantly, that he dated her, considering everyone was talking about that family being suspect. They didn't have to be charged with anything in order to be suspects.

But they sure know how to use people for what they need. CA, dating KM, WA with JL, making him the perfect suspect, and then a guy who was, in addition to being very wealthy from his own company, began his career in an area that would be vital to knowing what could be found on her. Hmmm....
She dated Dave before the bump. Nobody suspected them at that time.

I bet they did not know about Charlie's child until it came out in some court document. Hope that child has a mother than is responsible. Charlie did not have a good track record when it came to his choice in women.
I believe, but I am not sure, that June has told police in an interview that Charlie lived with the mother of the child around the time of the birth and for some time thereafter. That’s why June says they broke up, among other things. He got another girl pregnant. So the family knew about the child.

I want to see DA on the stand. Apparently the parents were not called in this latest case...is that correct?

This will likely never happen. Based on her post-Bump phone call behavior, DA would not be able to handle a scorching cross-examination nor would her attorney risk such a potential meltdown on the stand.

She dated Dave before the bump. Nobody suspected them at that time.
I would say just the opposite. They were suspected, which was the whole reason for the bump. JL told them to look at them within a few days of the murder. They did believe that they were all involved, but couldn't prove it. They were frustrated how they lawyered up and were told to not talk in the apartment, on the phone, or text, etc. They did the bump to get them all talking because they knew it was them and needed to get evidence to prove it.

Noticed that Michael Weinstein spoke to 20/20, billed as a “former friend of the Adelsons.” I’ve seen previous things like this right after the arrests where Weinstein defends them. Has he changed his tune, perhaps?
For electoral/career reasons around the time of the first arrest IIRC
(It was in either Florida Politcs or Tally Democrat)

The killers didn’t plan this too well. They rented a readily identifiable vehicle, a green Prius, instead of a generic gas powered sedan in a neutral gray or black color which would have looked like a lot of other cars. The neighbor identified the Prius right away. And it had a Sunpass, and they took a toll road which only has one entrance and exit, making it pretty easy to track down each car that goes through there in a day. The Florida Turnpike is also a toll road, but it has multiple entrances and exits. The police wouldve had to look at the records for each one, which would have been more time consuming.

I would say just the opposite. They were suspected, which was the whole reason for the bump. JL told them to look at them within a few days of the murder. They did believe that they were all involved, but couldn't prove it. They were frustrated how they lawyered up and were told to not talk in the apartment, on the phone, or text, etc. They did the bump to get them all talking because they knew it was them and needed to get evidence to prove it.
They were suspected by the cops, but not by everyday people like Dave. She would’ve appeared as the ex wife of someone who died in an unsolved homicide, nothing more.

something tells me there was more to that objection than faith....she is Indian as I recall and probably not from the right family? Robert as this point is not even mentioned as part of the family and I bet that is A okay with him!!!
Someone earlier posted photos from the Indian wedding of the brother. Donna, in my opinion, does not look happy to be there. She is wearing a Sari, as is Wendi. The bride’s family were kind enough to also incorporate a separate Jewish ceremony and Jewish traditions at the reception. Unlike Donna who did not accommodate Dan’s wish for kosher food at Wendi’s wedding. What is even worse about that, IMO, is that they told him they would and then just didn’t.

Off topic and for anyone who watched the 20/20 episode - it struck me how much the Greenbergs look like brother and sister rather than husband/wife.
I have also noticed that. They seem like a nice couple, the wife especially. The area didn’t have a large Jewish community, but Dan seems to have been a big part of it.

The killers didn’t plan this too well. They rented a readily identifiable vehicle, a green Prius, instead of a generic gas powered sedan in a neutral gray or black color which would have looked like a lot of other cars. The neighbor identified the Prius right away. And it had a Sunpass, and they took a toll road which only has one entrance and exit, making it pretty easy to track down each car that goes through there in a day. The Florida Turnpike is also a toll road, but it has multiple entrances and exits. The police wouldve had to look at the records for each one, which would have been more time consuming.

“Charlie put his life in the hands of two guys that shot a hole in the gas line of a Prius and in this stripper.” - Monica Jordan

Someone earlier posted photos from the Indian wedding of the brother. Donna, in my opinion, does not look happy to be there. She is wearing a Sari, as is Wendi. The bride’s family were kind enough to also incorporate a separate Jewish ceremony and Jewish traditions at the reception. Unlike Donna who did not accommodate Dan’s wish for kosher food at Wendi’s wedding. What is even worse about that, IMO, is that they told him they would and then just didn’t.
And Wendi let it happen. Despicable.

I believe, but I am not sure, that June has told police in an interview that Charlie lived with the mother of the child around the time of the birth and for some time thereafter. That’s why June says they broke up, among other things. He got another girl pregnant. So the family knew about the child.
Maybe they did but maybe not. He lived with lots of women but always maintained his home...even had a pad in south beach area for those late nights partying. I would not assume his family knew about any child but makes little difference.

Bottle girl.
yes definitely not stripper "bottle girl" which as a pretty conservative non clubbing woman of a certain age was a new term for me. I sat thru some of this testimony just amazed that this accomplished professional dentist/surgeon was living this dual life and discussing Latin Kings...tuto and tato and taking trips to Asia for sexual tourism. I guess no one really was around him that much in the office as he traveled to do his work.

I keep coming back to the one text from her to Dan, “Are you going to be home the week for July 14-18, I’d like to have the kids.” She didn’t actually take the kids that week. Why ask? And why does he need to be home?
This is the most damaging new evidence we have (so far) for Wendi's involvement.

"Law Belle Vie", who is a lawyer and Youtuber, who follows the case has broken this down. So under Dan and Wendi's Marital Separation Agreement, the custody arrangement spelled out that during the summer breaks - each of parent would have the kids from Friday - Friday, except for Wednesday nights as long as that parent was in town.

In other words, if Wendi was taking the kids to Miami for her week or Dan was taking the kids to New York or Canada for his week -- the Wednesday sleepover with the other parent would not apply.

So on July 6th - after one failed murder trip and the day after Harvey's 70th birthday - Wendi is at her parents condo asking for Dan to confirm that he was in fact going to be in Tallahassee. Her Defense would argue that this is just innocent co-parenting, Wendi was just trying to make plans for the week etc. BUT. In her police interview, she tells Det. Isom about Danny's upcoming plans to take the kids to Canada sometime later that summer - so it seems very likely that Dan had already made Wendi aware of the weeks that he'd be away.

Also important to keep in mind, by this point - Wendi had been avoiding Dan like the plague. She last saw him (and met his girlfriend Amy Adler) on June 28 before she left for Miami and she brought Harvey to that meeting as her bodyguard. She registered Ben for school without telling Dan and then faked laryngitis to avoid talking to him the July 13-18 week. But she's wanting to nail down whether he's going to be physically in Tallahassee the week he's murdered.

Agreed. She says he seemed particularly anxious, though, and was walking around with a gun. Weird. Like so many things.
Luis R said in his proffer interview that after the hit SG told KM on the phone that wtte the money had better be ready and she'd better not mess them around. ( whether SG had already emphasised that several times previously, IDK)

So, when the hitmen return to Sth Florida that night 18th, maybe Charlie was worried there was a risk somebody would show-up at his house for the cash? He wouldn't know that the hitmen would go out & get stoned ? So when he hears Katie ring the doorbell 11pm-ish , he has his gun, just in case

Another reason for CA's general anxiety might be fact that DM was not yet dead ? ( He didn't get told til 19th by WA.)
Also, during the earliest reports that day there were many rumours, some false, but one of them was that DM was on the phone when he was shot & that a neighbour had seen a vehicle. Maybe those rumours swirling around TAL and on Facebook also contributed to his panic too? I think I'd be taking a bar of Xanax too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukasmalachi