GUILTY FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen #18

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the eye-roll a satisfying gesture to help you let off steam?

If you chance to see the longer version of the video of Lilith Donna at her court appearance in Miami Dade, please notice her exaggerated eye rolling when Judge Mindy Glazer says “Good luck to you Mam.”

Leon County and video watchers are in for eye-roll shows every time Lilith Donna will appear in court.

Yep. And I thought it was strange that the judge said “wow, these are some serious charges,” (stte) and “I’m sorry youre going through this.”

ETA Judges are elected in Miami. They’re not appointed by any legal body, and the voting public generally doesnt know a whole lot about them. Elections generally often come down to fund raising.
I thought she sounded sort of clueless about the case in general. You have a person being held after trying to flee the country on a one way ticket and you start talking seriously about bail? In response the attorney almost had to hide a chuckle as this was so clearly a case of no bail even considered. And seriously no one cared that she just came in from Paris...that was in my opinion just unprofessional. What would have happened if someone said yes...they would talk about good restaurants?

Last edited:
I thought she sounded sort of clueless about the case in general. You have a person being held after trying to flee the country on a one way ticket and you start talking seriously about bail? In response the attorney almost had to hide a chuckle as this was so clearly a base of no bail even considered. And seriously no one cared that she just came in from Paris...that was in my opinion just unprofessional. What would have happened if someone said yes...they would talk about good restaurants?
In her defense it’s possible she sees a lot of these in a day and doesn’t really have time to review the particulars of each one. I believe, but don’t quote me, that there’s a judge that’s assigned to these arraignments on a rotating basis and just does a bunch one right after the other as people are arrested. But, yeah, in my opinion she seemed pretty clueless, and said some things that I felt were inappropriate. In fact, I think maybe that’s what Donna was trying to express with her little eye roll when she said “good luck to you.” Perhaps even SHE could see how strange that was (at least to me). To me she kind of reacts to the Paris remark as well, otherwise she looks to me like she’s in a stupor.

Trying to remember the sequence of events. Back in May, 2016, LE announced that they had caught the killer. Was it LR or SG or both in that first announcement.

Also, we know we have evidence that WA had met KM. Is there any evidence she had met LR or SG?

We know CA knew about SG, but had he ever met him? What about LR?

Trying to remember the sequence of events. Back in May, 2016, LE announced that they had caught the killer. Was it LR or SG or both in that first announcement.

Also, we know we have evidence that WA had met KM. Is there any evidence she had met LR or SG?

there is so much to follow but I seem to remember that SG mentioned that he had met Wendi...at least he knew what she looked like but not LR. I also remember that CA had met SG at some point But I could be imagining that.

In her defense it’s possible she sees a lot of these in a day and doesn’t really have time to review the particulars of each one. I believe, but don’t quote me, that there’s a judge that’s assigned to these arraignments on a rotating basis and just does a bunch one right after the other as people are arrested. But, yeah, in my opinion she seemed pretty clueless, and said some things that I felt were inappropriate. In fact, I think maybe that’s what Donna was trying to express with her little eye roll when she said “good luck to you.” Perhaps even SHE could see how strange that was (at least to me). To me she kind of reacts to the Paris remark as well, otherwise she looks to me like she’s in a stupor.
Yes the judge seemed to be reading the paper and learning of the charges for the first time..I guess her job is just to get her back to Tally. Probably had some jet lag too!!!

The evidence suggests that Katie kept them pretty separate from each other, she said at her proffer that she did not tell Sig the job was for Charlie, and she did not tell Charlie Sig was going to do the job. She says she referred to each as “my friend.” Luis contradicts that a bit because he says he knew the job was for “the dentist,” IIRC. But he also says Sig told him the job was for a lady named Wendi, so he may not have known that it was for Charlie, or that Wendi was related to the dentist. He says he didn’t know the dentist’s name. There is no evidence that Charlie knew Sig brought Luis with him or that Charlie knew who Luis even was. (Katie in her proffer seems to be hazy as to whether she even knew Luis went with Sig, or whether she knew that Sig was the killer, or whether he hired someone else). There is no evidence WA ever met either of them. The only evidence that Charlie ever “met” Sig was that jet ski incident, and the only call between Sig and the Adelson family is when Sig accidentally called Harvey after that incident, thinking it was Charlie. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle of all this haziness.

In her defense it’s possible she sees a lot of these in a day and doesn’t really have time to review the particulars of each one. I believe, but don’t quote me, that there’s a judge that’s assigned to these arraignments on a rotating basis and just does a bunch one right after the other as people are arrested.
Snipped by me

This is it exactly! This is just a formality. Judge knows nothing about Donna Adelson. She hasn’t watched all 3 trials and devoured all the podcast episodes about the case like some nut job I know hehehe (by “nut job” I mean ME!!!)

JMO

If you discount the possibility/probability that the judge generally mugs for the camera/internet, it seemed like she may have believed the whole thing is a mistake and that the woman who looks like she could be the judge's mother couldn't possibly be wanted for murder/conspiracy.

If you discount the possibility/probability that the judge generally mugs for the camera/internet, it seemed like she may have believed the whole thing is a mistake and that the woman who looks like she could be the judge's mother couldn't possibly be wanted for murder/conspiracy.
Respectfully, that’s really not her call to make. Also, I don’t think it’s super common that random grandmas just happen to be wrongfully accused of murder.

I'm watching LR's testimony in KM's retrial (I watched his in the 1st trial yesterday); as much as I can appreciate him for breaking the case and helping get the convictions so far, I still have a funny feeling about him and who actually was the shooter.

In this 2nd testimony, while GC asks him about the shooting itself, she asks what DM was doing when SG approached and shot him, and LR says he put his hands up - if he parked behind DM's car, and stayed in the car, how could he see anything DM did inside his car, with his window rolled up?

I haven't followed SG's appeals but if anyone knows, is he denying any involvement at all, or just that he wasn't the shooter?
It could have been after the first shot to the cheek (which would not have been fatal), and before the 2nd shot between the eyes(which was).

Respectfully, that’s really not her call to make. Also, I don’t think it’s super common that random grandmas just happen to be wrongfully accused of murder.
I'm not trying to defend the judge, who seems to have the reputation of being a wannabe internet personality. Rather just making a suggestion as to why she may have been so flippant in this specific instance.

I'm watching LR's testimony in KM's retrial (I watched his in the 1st trial yesterday); as much as I can appreciate him for breaking the case and helping get the convictions so far, I still have a funny feeling about him and who actually was the shooter.

In this 2nd testimony, while GC asks him about the shooting itself, she asks what DM was doing when SG approached and shot him, and LR says he put his hands up - if he parked behind DM's car, and stayed in the car, how could he see anything DM did inside his car, with his window rolled up?

I haven't followed SG's appeals but if anyone knows, is he denying any involvement at all, or just that he wasn't the shooter?
I've wondered if SG didn't discuss and agree to having LR turn state's evidence since he felt responsible for getting his good friend involved in killing DM to begin with. It could have been either one of them that pulled the trigger in my opinion.

They were going to be called as witnesses, but then they took the fifth and refused to be interviewed and the state dropped it. I can’t imagine they would have showed up, JMO
But wouldn't you think they'd want to be there to show support for their prodigal son? Or is he the sacrificial lamb?

It seemed to be a convienient excuse as to why they weren't at Charlie's trial.
Yes, that is what I was thinking. Folks saying if they had been traveling to Europe during Charlie's trial, it would've been in the PCA. However, i don't see why it would be. There was no reason that she would not have been allowed to travel, or that it was an indication of guilt that she was in Europe during the trial. Now, if it was after the trial, her taking off then, that is another story.

And, in fact, when she took off to a non-extradition country (especially with a one-way ticket), that absolutely was something that showed flight. But going to Europe, and then, returning to Miami, to me, wouldn't be mentioned in the PCA. It wasn't her probably because she certainly didn't do anything to conceal any plans to try to flee by telling Charlie on the phone that is exactly what she was doing. It would be crazy if it was her, but the chances of that would be pretty slim. Although, didn't someone post how the judge previously recognized one of the defendants in front of her from a cruise ship she had just been on with him? I guess crazier things have happened

Yes, that is what I was thinking. Folks saying if they had been traveling to Europe during Charlie's trial, it would've been in the PCA. However, i don't see why it would be. There was no reason that she would not have been allowed to travel, or that it was an indication of guilt that she was in Europe during the trial. Now, if it was after the trial, her taking off then, that is another story.

And, in fact, when she took off to a non-extradition country (especially with a one-way ticket), that absolutely was something that showed flight. But going to Europe, and then, returning to Miami, to me, wouldn't be mentioned in the PCA. It wasn't her probably because she certainly didn't do anything to conceal any plans to try to flee by telling Charlie on the phone that is exactly what she was doing. It would be crazy if it was her, but the chances of that would be pretty slim. Although, didn't someone post how the judge previously recognized one of the defendants in front of her from a cruise ship she had just been on with him? I guess crazier things have happened
I just don’t see why they would come back after the conviction. They could just fly on to a non-extradition country.

This Italy thing is just a rumor. There’s nothing to substantiate it. It’s literally someone saying “I heard they were in Italy.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michelemelton03