Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RSBM -

I would agree with him on the appeal. IIRC, the statistic for successful appeals for defendants who took the stand is about 2%. Maybe Rash will dig up some juror misconduct or his appellate lawyer can argue that Georgia was using a fake Southern accent to curry favor with the jurors.
Lol, about that being a ground for appeal.

This! I’ve been swamped all day and it’s the first chance I’ve had to look at any of this. I was coming to post this to see what other people thought. I think they are playing 3-D chess. This was all part of a plan to try to let WendI have plausible deniability. They knew that Donna was going to be arrested at some point, so they decided to save WendI. WA will say that her family did this behind her back, she found out, and now she’s not speaking to them anymore. All that to me was performance art. I don’t believe it. The whole conversation.
Interesting.

This! I’ve been swamped all day and it’s the first chance I’ve had to look at any of this. I was coming to post this to see what other people thought. I think they are playing 3-D chess. This was all part of a plan to try to let WendI have plausible deniability. They knew that Donna was going to be arrested at some point, so they decided to save WendI. WA will say that her family did this behind her back, she found out, and now she’s not speaking to them anymore. All that to me was performance art. I don’t believe it. The whole conversation.

Totally agree except the State is playing 4-D chess and have real pieces.

I think the family all but expects CA will do the same rather than spend the next 40+ years locked up. JMO
He might actually adapt. It seemed like he had no inner peace before being jailed despite being very wealthy, having a successful career, girls, cars etc he was never going to be happy. Maybe in jail with a simpler life he may find some kind of contentment.

He might actually adapt. It seemed like he had no inner peace before being jailed despite being very wealthy, having a successful career, girls, cars etc he was never going to be happy. Maybe in jail with a simpler life he may find some kind of contentment.
BBM -

Maybe - I guess that will depend on whether CA thinks someone is out to kill him.

His story reminds me a bit of Adam Frasch, a doctor with all the $ and toys he could ever need, who senselessly murdered his beautiful wife.

Has anyone figured out who talked CA out of his gut-instinct-escape plan?
Good question. I'm assuming it was a combo of Raush giving him a game-plan at trial plus Grandma Gotti & HA talking about his son, the business, etc. Never seeing his son again. Total conjecture though.

But him repeating that he should've trusted his gut in that call I agree with whoever said this, that was definitely a message to DA and HA to get out now. Who knows if Wendi has a plan to flee with the boys, but I think she believes that between the lack of taps and texts plus now showing her fallout with her family (because she will say that she believes they did this behind her back), will be enough to at least hang the jury.

It just occurs to me that I think the other possibility of what Charlie was referring to about his gut instinct was perhaps getting to the jury. I don't know what steps the state can make to avoid it, and I think that DA will be looking to get a change of venue, but I absolutely believe that Grandma Gotti will be looking to be just like Gotti to get a surefire hung jury.

Streamed live 11 hours ago
Released jail telephone recordings reveal Donna Adelson saying to son Charlie Adelson that her daughter Wendi Adelson send her a text claiming " I am not guilty because i did not doing anything wrong and I was not involved in any way with Danny's death". Donna then exclaims "yes you were!" Law & Crime Network host then said words to the effect that Wendi should be worried. Others viewing and hearing the video on other YT channels are claiming other additional words are spoken which claim Donna stated "I didn't say that she was."John has slowed down this clip in question by 6 times, and you can listen for yourself and make the call on our video with the green waveform thumbnail on it-

I sure hope so on WA. DA is a great case, but they will definitely fight to get it out of Leon County, and I have always been concerned that the A's are the type of people to get to a jury

It just occurs to me that I think the other possibility of what Charlie was referring to about his gut instinct was perhaps getting to the jury. I don't know what steps the state can make to avoid it, and I think that DA will be looking to get a change of venue, but I absolutely believe that Grandma Gotti will be looking to be just like Gotti to get a surefire hung jury.
Personally, I think you've watched too many movies.

Wendi Adelson, Esq., daughter of Donna Adelson, shows her own talent at displaying pursed lips of disapproval for trivial matters, proving that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Collective sleuths, TPD, FBI, and State investigators: this similarity hints that some new “bumping tools” could shake the investigation toward More Justice For Dan Markel.
Have you seen the channel making the Godfather videos (not sure I can give the name here).he used that shot of Wendi. Good work with the side by side. Like mother like daughter.

In my opinion, and I’m just speculating, I think she’s saying she can’t leave yet because she needs for Wendi to see all of this. I think this is the “getting her affairs in order” part. I do wonder how Charlie felt about his sister being left all this money while he stays in jail. This family!
Charlie is going to have to depend on Wendi for the only thing he can look forward to The rest of his life— snacks.

Well, here are the highlights thus far:
DA says, "Dan did a great job and you spoke well."
CA says, "I just wanted to be a Dad."
HA says, "I know Charlie." (Please note he repeats those words often.)
Everything else is them insulting the jurors. Making light of WA's book and snidely saying the jurors looked like people who had not read a book in a year.
CA suddenly has no fear of the Latin Kings, never brings them up. Never decries his decision to pay thousands of dollars to the people who were extorting him. Never says, "Wow, not calling the police was the stupidest decision ever."
He still thinks he is smart and everyone else is confused, lying or dumb.
Wash,rinse, repeat.
Edited to add: Take a xanax and we'll rehash in the morning.
Seems he didn’t go with his ”gut” instincts. Fleeing.Donna probably forbid him. He kept repeating that.

Agree with others, very interesting calls released. From what I put together, which may or may not be accurate since I have no first hand knowledge, there was another women that was part of the conversation where the call dropped CA. Therefore they would be careful to say that WA was NOT involved because of this bystander. I think the conversation with CA and primarily his mom where he was saying he should have trusted his instinct - was a message to them to flee the country. He said this over and over. I think the message from Rashbaum, which DA was desperate to know was conveyed in secrecy ( would a remote call from the road be private?) was some code, that DR may not know was code, that they were fleeing the country. The following call was clearly very teary all around and was a goodbye call. Call us anytime, this is when I CA will be in my next location from a visit, but the emotions all around from them was take care of yourself, truly this may be our last call, I have lots to do to make sure my tasks are done. Really really busy. But knowing the calls were recorded was call anytime. Does this ring as a possibility to others who have listened?
She does say to Charlie that she has to get a lot of things done in a short time, which if he didn’t know they were planning to flee, he might wonder at. It seems from the calls that they told Rash of their plans to flee, so I wonder whether he would have told Charlie.

But it seems to me like they didn’t want Charlie to know. Remember, when they called Charlie’s friend to ask about possible destinations, the specifically said “don’t tell Charlie.” (This person later reported this call which led to Donna’s arrest).

When they are talking about fleeing on these recordings, they don’t know they are being recorded and they think Charlie has hung up or been cut off. They are not talking to him. The initial reports that it was “jail calls” which led police to believe they were fleeing were misleading in this regard. They weren’t speaking to Charlie on a call.

We hear that WA has a new boyfriend. Again, it really is a good analysis of her potentially appealing to a jury if she ends up being at the defendant's table because how would any man want anything to do with her? How charismatic is she to still get men? How is it possible that people could not look at the facts of this case, see her family in jail, and still think this is a great woman for me?
Most women have known women like Wendi that even intelligent men fall for.
she has looks, brains, physical appeal and she uses all this to her benefit.
And she has money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member