FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *3 guilty* #16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s defending himself where he doesn’t need to. The issue isn’t that there were so many calls about Dave. The issue is what was said, and the family dynamic. But he focuses on how they cops happened to be recording him at the time when there were a lot of Dave calls.

Why does this judge always sound amused by what he is saying?

"I NEEDED HER FOR MY SAFETY"????? This story is definately getting convoluted.... The very same woman who claims her mistake/big mouth talking about one million dollars got DM killed is now the "woman who is protecting CA's life and that of his family." And, at the bargain price of three thousand dollars per month!
It started out "sort-of- believable" but
I think this is where the jury begins jumping off the crazy train.

So, after hearing all those emails from Donna and her text messages and tapped phone calls, this jury is supposed to believe that Charlie says, "I need you to write checks to my ex-girlfriend for 3K a month in batches" and when Donna asks him why she should do something obviously illegal he only says "Its a long story, Mom. Just do it." ... Yeah, Donna would be just like that I'm sure.

I am cringing along with everyone else at Charlie's testimony right now.. It all DOES NOT MAKE SENSE and he sounds ridiculous. If they "wanted the money" why not just kill/threaten/rob Charlie and his family. It makes ZERO sense to go kill a guy they didn't even know and that lived 8 hours away.

Do we think he took off his gun when he scrubbed into surgery?

Did he have it when he was speeding on the Florida highways, without his license (or insurance? Can’t recall it’s so messy) telling the cop he works at a nearby hospital to get a warning and then bragging about the whole thing to his mom?
He did have it while speeding. There is a call on the wiretaps about it. When he got pulled over and told the cop, etc., same call. He bragged forget his mom about a gun in the car, IIRC.

I can't imagine the jurors are not aghast at this testimony. A father of two little boys has been gunned down in his driveway -- shot in the head. The killers are free and dangerous. Charlie, at the very least, knows who knows who they are. Aside from the fact that it is his own brother-in-law, even if it was a stranger, how is it possible he doesn't lift a finger to help bring them to justice?. He doesn't call in an anonymous tip or confide in a lawyer. He doesn't even write down the facts of the extortion and place the document somewhere for safekeeping to document what's happening. We're supposed to believe he sat mute for 9 years -- even while two trials took place. Had Sigredo been acquitted he would have gone scott free even though Charlie knew he killed Dan in cold blood.

So, after hearing all those emails from Donna and her text messages and tapped phone calls, this jury is supposed to believe that Charlie says, "I need you to write checks to my ex-girlfriend for 3K a month in batches" and when Donna asks him why she should do something obviously illegal he only says "Its a long story, Mom. Just do it." ... Yeah, Donna would be just like that I'm sure.
It’s not 3k a month. Donna is writing checks for 1k a month. Rash is counting on the jury being confused, but so far there’s only evidence that she got the payment up front and then 1k a month from Donna. He’s saying 3k a month, he keeps repeating it.

Yeah, it's 11:27 AM here now. Headed out to procure some "refreshments" for the rest of the show.
I don't really drink but I might join you.
Slippery slope though - the cross tomorrow could become a dangerous drinking-game. Take a sip every time Georgia burns him?

ETA? Or we could try it with tea & coffee? Either way it doesn't feel unseemly to take joy from his downfall

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members