FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *3 guilty* #16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like there were two opportunities that were missed by the prosecution to make this case a slam dunk for the jurors--no doubts at all.To me that would be tying WA to the crime.

- Establish that WA did actually visit the crime scene. Interview an officer who saw her. Show police footage of her car. Doorbell footage of her car. (on this note: did she volunteer this information during her interview? How do prosecutors know this happened?)

- Establish how KM knew that the murder happened almost immediately after it occured. Get testimony for that. The only way a person that would have known almost immediately is if Wendi saw the crime scene.

Especially the second point would be almost certain... because if she did see a crime scene and was innocent she wouldn't have gone to lunch. I know it's easy to armchair quarterback or whatever...but I feel like they could have questioned KM more on the first point. I feel like there must of have been a reason they didn't (since she's not a good witness).

Hopefully WA will be charged and then your two opportunities can be used. Although either SG or LR could have called KM and told her it was done.

It still shocks me that Wendi spoke to the police for so long and said so many things, including pointing them to Charlie. She wasn’t obligated to stay there. And the things she said have come back to haunt her on the stand. Did she think, perhaps, that the police would think that no guilty person would say those things? MOO. Why make things so hard? Why not just NOT say those things in the first place? She volunteered a lot of stuff without being asked. It’s very strange to me. When they asked if she knew anyone who could have done this, she could have said “no.” She could have not mentioned she was driving on Trescott. I assume it was some kind of deflection tactic, but why?

I promised myself I would disconnect until Monday but I’m back. I freaked myself out by watching a bunch of YouTube commentators who actually think Charlie has a chance. How is that even possible. I don’t care about the cross, what about all the evidence that was presented? If this is another Casey Anthony deal I’m going to need therapy…
Told myself a long time ago to never be surprised by a Florida jury!

But still, no chance imo.
Best he is looking at is a hung jury.

Honestly think the least Charlie should be concerned about right now is a guilty verdict. He implicated the Latin Kings in a murder and extortion, can’t imagine that is going to do him any favors in prison or the free world.

I feel like there were two opportunities that were missed by the prosecution to make this case a slam dunk for the jurors--no doubts at all.To me that would be tying WA to the crime.

- Establish that WA did actually visit the crime scene. Interview an officer who saw her. Show police footage of her car. Doorbell footage of her car. (on this note: did she volunteer this information during her interview? How do prosecutors know this happened?)

- Establish how KM knew that the murder happened almost immediately after it occured. Get testimony for that. The only way a person that would have known almost immediately is if Wendi saw the crime scene.

Especially the second point would be almost certain... because if she did see a crime scene and was innocent she wouldn't have gone to lunch. I know it's easy to armchair quarterback or whatever...but I feel like they could have questioned KM more on the first point. I feel like there must of have been a reason they didn't (since she's not a good witness).
When I saw WA testifying that she drove close by and saw the tape up and the police, I wondered why, as a mother, she didn't call the children's school or daycare just to make sure they were safe or why she didn't call her ex-husband just to make sure everything was okay.

I thought that she testified that Dan dropped the kids off at daycare that day and she was supposed to pick them up. My first reaction when seeing crime scene tape on my ex-husband's street would be to check to make sure everything was okay with my kids.

IMO, WA didn't do that because she knew exactly what had happened and why the road was blocked off.

JMO.

I promised myself I would disconnect until Monday but I’m back. I freaked myself out by watching a bunch of YouTube commentators who actually think Charlie has a chance. How is that even possible. I don’t care about the cross, what about all the evidence that was presented? If this is another Casey Anthony deal I’m going to need therapy…
Same here!!

Hmm KM has more street smarts than Charlie. She says as little as possible in all the wire taps while he gives himself away by having diary of the mouth. She doesn’t call the bump number. He does, eventually. She minimizes her role and her strategy was to play dumb and innocent at trial.
KM is an incredible manipulator who loved being in control of something the men around her wanted and needed! Given the opportunity, I think KM would do this again -- she loved playing mob boss with CA. She really loved sharing in that power -- relished knowing SG/LR were waiting on her to deliver the $$$.

At trial, KM essentially only gave the state that she previously lied about her innocence and participation, and verified the Dolce Vita recordings as accurate. She's always said that CA was the mastermind.

She was shameless when examined by the defense on how she proffered with a pending appeal. This was all about KM covering her bases --call it risk insurance!

If true that GC did not want to call KM as witness, I would understand. At proffer, it was clear to me that KM is only willing to concede she had knowledge or otherwise confirm what LE already had proof was known to KM (i.e., recorded call, admitted evidence).

I think it's also why KM remains silent to this day on the details of any convos between herself and the hitmen. We all know that KM directed SG/LR but as long as she believes there's no evidence in state custody of exactly what she said and when she said it, she will remain silent.

Same with KM not confirming or challenging anything LR alleged she said to SG because it's LR's word against KM's word, and she has to know by now that LR is perceived as more credible.

IMO, SG will never corroborate any details shared between himself and KM because he's sworn an oath to KM and believes his family, and more importantly his children, can see him as a martyr whos been imprisoned for life to protect his family. SG's appellate briefs make this clear.

I find it hard to believe that anyone of sound mind would believe a story where SG/LR took it on themselves to drive up to Tally twice with the intent to murder DM w/o having previous instruction and payment to do so. I find it harder to believe that even if KM knew that the A's were willing to part with $1mil to move DM to SFLa, she would go to SG/LR and tell them she would extort 333K from CA if they murdered DM. The only way the whole story makes any sense is if the A's ordered the hit on DM.
I feel the same way, but KM got a mistrial first time around. Then there’s Casey Anthony…OJ Simpson…..so I’m never sure about a jury or even people in general. My very dear 90 year old mother in law doesn’t believe Murdaugh is guilty.

I was gonna step away too, but here I am in the check out line at Joann’s fabrics waiting to check out leaning on my cart reading Websleuths! Lol

Exactly
Charlie Adelson is just like his sister - as sharp & cunning as a fox but as intelligent AND book smart and accomplished as Dan Markel?
I don't think so
and that's why resentment and jealousy was a feature in both their relationships with Dan.
( eg 'Jibbers' jibberish plus the difficulty Wendi had around acknowledging Markel's Harvard J.D. and being headhunted for d'Alemberte Prof at FSU )
Going to quote myself just to connect the link below to that theme of resentment/jealousy, imo

Dan's new partner:
Amy Adler's bio
'Amy Adler, the Emily Kempin Professor of Law at NYU School of Law, is one of the leading scholars of Art Law in the US. She teaches Art Law, First Amendment Law, and Feminist Jurisprudence at NYU...Adler graduated from the Yale Law School, where she was a senior editor of the Yale Law Journal. She graduated summa *advertiser censored* laude from Yale University, where she was elected to Phi Beta Kappa and where she received the Marshall Allison Prize in the arts and letters. Adler clerked for Judge John M. Walker Jr. of the US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit.'

Anyway, what is ironic is that Wendi, when she was still in Miami is that ...
'Her work has focused on the intersections between immigration law and child advocacy. ' :oops:(when she was working at University of Miami School of Law’s Children and Youth Law clinic, prior to heading to FSU with Dan Markel)

KM did in fact say "Medicaid."

I can only speak for the west including WA's Medicaid (aka Apple Care) but in 2014, from the perspective of a parent or guardian with moderate income, there was no better health, dental, and vision insurance for children than Medicaid: no premium, no co-pay, no cost Rx, no deductible, and for states electing additional ACA federal cost based provider incentives, even the best pediatric providers and hospitals were "all-in" for accepting Medicaid patients (i.e., moderate income families became eligible for Medicaid). I seriously doubt that KM or SG were ever interested in buying private health insurance at any tier level! MOO
I think she probably misspoke when she testified that she wanted the wages for "medicaid". In Florida there is a gap between the maximum amount you can earn to be medicaid-eligible and the minimum amount you must earn to qualify for an ACA subsidy. (Most states eliminated that gap by upping the amount you can earn and still qualify for medicaid, but Florida did not). So if she fell in that gap she didn't qualify for medicaid or an ACA subsidy. Regardless, I think she did believe she needed more wages for some type of health coverage. JMO.

true romance is when your married gf puts you on a payment plan with a gang who killed your brother-in-law essentially becoming the world's first in-reverse hitmen <3 <3

also - is the oldest brother involved with the family at all really? charlie said donna doesnt like his brother.
The oldest brother, Robert, is estranged from his family and has said that DA is "evil". He's a doctor; in med school, he fell in love with a fellow student whom DA disapproved of because she's originally from India. DA wanted RA to marry a white Jewish girl; she manipulated him into breaking off with his gf and marrying a girl she approved of. After a couple of months, RA decided he wasn't going to let his mom dictate his life, divorced his wife and got back with his gf from medical school, whom he married. They're both living in upstate New York with their kids, both practicing medicine, and they have no contact with DA, HA, WA or CA, although RA was Facebook friends with DM.

Throughout these trials, I've decided... June is a dolt, Luis is intelligent and all the rest fall somewhere in-between. The A clan appears to be the clear winners when it comes to plotting and manipulation of evil.

jmo

The only way the murder plot gets off the ground is if the A's initiate it. They all belong behind bars.

Catching up again. I intend on watching the cross examination over the weekend.

It was incredibly revolting, at his trial for murdering Dan, that we hear CA inferring that marrying him was the worst mistake of WA's life.

Also, Charlie was not an oral surgeon. (' who are the police going to believe, and oral surgeon or a gangster" tape) Oral surgeons are better educated, earn much more, do life changing work, (I am a general practice dentist, and I believe I do life changing work, but general dentists, and periodontists, treat oral cancers for instance, and oral surgeons do), and might be considered, within the industry, as "sexier", higher up the pecking order than periodontists. It's fascinating to me that he is BS bragging to KM, when 1. She would know he was being untruthful, and 2. The power differential between them was already marked. He had established he was the rich, powerful professional already. (For all the good it has done for him, really-sucker!) His ego must be very fragile!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Justicefornicky