FL - FSU Law Professor Dan Markel Murdered by Hitmen *4 Guilty* #24

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To me, the little AT&T things on the logs around the time Dan left his message look like some kind of internal message relay system AT&T does when Dan leaves the message, because the timing is so close.

Wendi, in her police interview, per my recollection, looks at her phone and says she was texting with Dan that morning about picking the kids up early and him wanting to take them swimming. She later, per my recollection, reads portions of these texts.

I don’t know why they’re not on the logs, or if the logs come directly from AT&T in their original form, or if they have been redacted or compiled into exhibits.
All of her other texts and calls from and to WA that morning are listed.

Last edited:
9:02:00 AM. 00.00.00. Incoming voice 202 276 829- Markel, Daniel
9:02:00 AM. 00:01:06. Outgoing. Voice 305 972 865- AT&T VM routing
9:02:00 AM. 00:01:06. Incoming voice 202 276 829- Markel, Daniel
“VM routing” in between calls from Dan indicates to me that this is just how AT&T processes voicemail. These are all within seconds of each other.

The texting, per my recollection, is something W herself describes in her police interview. As I recall, she says the texting happened sometime after he left the message.

Last edited:
All of her other texts and calls fro that morning are yep
Yep. I don’t disagree. But she does describe texting with Dan in her police interview, as I recall, and appears to look at her phone and notice they are there, so what are we to do?

It is possible that the state concluded that those texts were not relevant in prior trials.

“VM routing” in between calls from Dan indicates to me that this is just how AT&T processes voicemail. These are all within seconds of each other.

The texting, per my recollection, is something W herself describes in her police interview. As I recall, she says the texting happened sometime after he left the message.
So where is the proof she texted him back?
Did Isom see the texts? Was she pretending she texted him before 11:42?
So as not for Isom to know it took her 2.5 hours to text him back?

You really think the state took a text out? Seems unlikely to me. That would be a bit deceptive if you are listing calls made that morning trial. But I’m not a lawyer and I learned something new if thats the case.

Last edited:
Take away the bump? That’s like saying that other than the delicious taste, chocolate isn’t that good.

The bump is when it all happened. Charlie, Katie, Sigfredo and Donna. The wire calls is what did them in.
If they never talked on the phone to each other after that, I doubt we would be where we are now.
The bump set it all in motion.

Last edited:
So where is the proof she texted him back?
Did Isom see the texts? Was she pretending she texted him before 11:42?
So as not for Isom to know it took her 2.5 hours to text him back?

You really think the state took a text out? Seems unlikely to me. That would be a bit deceptive if you are listing calls made that morning trial. But I’m not a lawyer and I learned something new if thats the case.
Here’s what happens in the police interview, (this is to the best of my recollection.)

When they tell her Dan has been shot, she immediately says she had a message from Dan that morning.

She later is asked when the last time was she heard from him. She looks at her phone to show Isom when that message came in. It is only at that point, after she looks at her phone, that she says she was also texting with him that morning. She gives a time for the texting, which she gets from the phone.

Later, before she is about to give the phone to Isom, she looks at it again and says “our last interaction wasn’t very nice” and describes the texting again.

At some point, she reads portions of the text messages between her and Dan that morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member