Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

0101ABA

Former Member
Reaction score
Florida State University professor Dan Markel was found in his Tallahassee, Florida, home on Friday. Police say there were no signs of robbery or burglary and have yet to disclose any motive.
According to Tallahassee police, officers found Markel after a neighbor called 911 at about 11 a.m. with reports of a "loud bang."

Markel, 41, was rushed to a local hospital, where he died the following day. "While we cannot release specific information or details regarding this case, the Violent Crimes Unit is releasing that Mr. Markel's cause of death was a fatal gunshot wound to the head," Tallahassee Police Chief Michael DeLeo said in a statement.
By Monday, police had categorized the case as a homicide, and according to Tallahassee Police Department spokesman David Northway, Markel was the intended target.
Clues sought in slaying of FSU law professor Dan Markel - CNN
Probable Cause documents
Leon County Court Motions (dissolution of marriage)

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9

Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17
Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20
Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24

Last edited by a moderator:
It is fascinating to me how many people believe the myth of the hit man. I really wonder what made the Adelsons believe they could pull this off.

It is fascinating to me how many people believe the myth of the hit man. I really wonder what made the Adelsons believe they could pull this off.
What myth, I missed it......

There was a movie recently about that. Apparently most “hit men” people hire are actually undercover cops. Apparently from what I understand, real “hit men” don’t exist.
ty, I've followed many murder cases where the hit was made by a derelict in need of money and had no qualms about killing for money. Maybe some that are asked are LE but there are still plenty of others out there willing to do the job. JMOO

There was a movie recently about that. Apparently most “hit men” people hire are actually undercover cops. Apparently from what I understand, real “hit men” don’t exist.

Plenty of desperate people out there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slowloris
Back