FL - George Zimmerman injured in Lake Mary shooting, police say

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This happened before his appointment?

I don't know. It must have, if he was just trying to see his Doc when he was shot at? I read that Apperson works (or did in Sept 2014) somewhere in that complex. If GZ's Doc is also located there, then he and Apperson have probably crossed paths several times. JMO

I don't know but according to West his windshield was shattered and that glass is what cut him in the face. According to witnesses they heard more than one shot fired from MA.

One witness claimed she heard two shots. If there is only one bullet hole, it's possible the other shot completely missed the car.

Domestic animals like cats, yes.

Not sure I'm fully on board with him capturing a wild animal like a squirrel and killing it and planting it in a neighbor's yard, but the neighbor claiming he has issues certainly has my attention.

Or maybe the neighbor lady has issues. Unless the squirrel had a little noose around it's neck or some such thing most folks would assume that the animal just died, or was killed by a non-human predator.

Squirrels live in people's backyards so sometimes they die there with no foul play. Now if a cat/dog's body showed up in her yard then YES...that would be far more worrisome as that is not a common occurence.

Zimmermans attorney Don West says the incident happened when Apperson saw Zimmerman. Apperson flashed his lights and honked his horn, he was taunting him making comments like what are you going to do, shoot me now and ultimately shot at him.

That's one side of the story.

Spoken about in the video

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/ge...-in-shooting-in-lake-mary-police-say/32943940

Wow, he has threatened the neighbor too.

ETA--look at 1:02 in that video. Is that another bullet hole?

Wow, he has threatened the neighbor too.

ETA--look at 1:02 in that video. Is that another bullet hole?

I've enhanced and expanded that picture and it appears it is a bullet hole but the resolution was grainy. I've read a blog post saying so and I think it is, just going to wait for MSM to say so.

This whole incident sounds like something out of crazy cartoon or skit.

Maybe it is just the media, but the things that I read happen in Florida do not seem to happen in other places.

This does not sound good if they keep crossing paths.

From what I read here, it sounds like maybe GZ has a doc or some other reason to be in the same area as this other guy and that is bad news.
I know its not fair to force one of them to change but it would be recommended to avoid something worse happening.

From the article, it sounds like this other guy had trouble with a neighbor too.

"Rivera said she has called police on Matthew Apperson at least three times in the past month."
"He has threatened me, he has called me names, etc., etc., blown smoke in my face the same way he did the reporter's face," said Rivera."

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/ge...-in-shooting-in-lake-mary-police-say/32943940

It almost sounds like 2 people that maybe similar in a lot of ways. Like maybe being confrontational types and not wanting to ever back down but rather just the opposite.

A recipe for disaster IMO if they keep running into each other.

Best advice I could give:
"Keep 'em separated"

Yep, the cops marking it and I'd assume it is. So the neighbor called the cops on Apperson 3 times in a month eh? Not a ringing endorsement and she says he threatened her too.

I know.
It just goes to show me how I tend to make rash judgements based on early reports.
I had assumed way too many things until I read today about the neighbor calling LE on him 3 times in 1 month. WOW. That is a lot.

Now, to try to give him a little benefit of the doubt, he could have a bad neighbor that calls LE on everyone all the time, however, when you combine this latest news incident with GZ and combine with that news about the neighbor, it kind of paints a different picture of this guy.

Like others have said, we really dont have enough information about the GZ incident to really know exactly what happened. They both could be embellishing their stories to their advantage so we really dont know without 3rd party independent witnesses or other evidence.

What we do know is that Zimmerman didn't shoot at him, but he shot at Zimmerman with bullet going through a closed window.
If Zimmerman was the one shooting at someone, wouldn't media be screaming that Zimmerman needs to be arrested ASAP?

It almost sounds like 2 people that maybe similar in a lot of ways. Like maybe being confrontational types and not wanting to ever back down but rather just the opposite.

A recipe for disaster IMO if they keep running into each other.

Best advice I could give:
"Keep 'em separated"

LOL Local LE is probably tired of both of them and their antics. I'm guessing minor charges....or, no charges. This is Florida, after all. JMO

OT Remember Otis the drunk of Mayberry? Let himself in and out of the jail cell, as needed.JMO

What we do know is that Zimmerman didn't shoot at him, but he shot at Zimmerman with bullet going through a closed window.
If Zimmerman was the one shooting at someone, wouldn't media be screaming that Zimmerman needs to be arrested ASAP?

The ballistics testing and LE analysis should be able to tell if only 1 of them fired but the part that may always be a grey area is if GZ did any pointing of his weapon at MA. Because if MA is claiming that, then he probably had a right to shoot to defend himself if he saw a gun pointed at him.

Unless they can produce other witnesses, it sounds like it will end up being MA word against GZ word.

The ballistics testing and LE analysis should be able to tell if only 1 of them fired but the part that may always be a grey area is if GZ did any pointing of his weapon at MA. Because if MA is claiming that, then he probably had a right to shoot to defend himself if he saw a gun pointed at him.

Unless they can produce other witnesses, it sounds like it will end up being MA word against GZ word.

Police already confirmed Zimmerman wasn't shooting his gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ANicholls16