FL - George Zimmerman injured in Lake Mary shooting, police say

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it say anywhere how these two just happened to meet up with each other? How did the shooter even know GZ was in town unless GZ went looking for this guy?

Does it say anywhere how these two just happened to meet up with each other? How did the shooter even know GZ was in town unless GZ went looking for this guy?

Who said GZ went looking for this guy?

That's what I'm asking...how did he even know GZ was in town?

GZ has been driving the same grey Honda Ridgeline since before the Martin shooting. I'm sure he isn't hard to spot.

Good question. West said that GZ claims to have been in town for Mothers Day and a Doc appointment. Doc is located at Waymont Ct. MA works on Waymont Ct. but if this was a road rage, neither one was on Waymont court where they should have been...unless the feud began there and moved to Lake Mary Blvd. Dunno. JMO

Who says he knew GZ was in town?
This is the same guy who called police on GZ two times prior to this particular encounter.
In the first encounter, he claimed he was minding his own business, sitting in his car listening to music, when GZ made verbal threats. So he must have remembered what car GZ drives from that first encounter.

Then he called police again claiming GZ's car was in the area so he believed GZ was after him. GZ was stopped by a cop, said he had a legitimate business of being in the area, and was let go.
So the guy obviously knows by now what car GZ drives.

This is what GZ said during his last encounter with MA in 2014...not this incident now in 2015:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...r-road-rage-incident-police-article-1.1937738
This was when he had his dental assistant girlfriend working there.

Possibly what's happening is that GZ is back with his ex-girlfriend who accused him of DV and that he was visiting a doctor's office not that he had an actual medical appointment but instead to see her. However, even if that's the case given how he knows MA works right there apparently practically right next door to where she is and he's had two prior run-ins with MA in that specific area where MA works, he'd instead meet his on-again-off-again GF elsewhere besides at her work right by where he's bound to run into MA where he's already had problems twice for that. To me GZ being back with his ex would be an explanation that would put his actions in the best legal light, though that would be a rather long-distance relationship and still not be the best judgment on his part even if his actions were fully legal.

I am beginning to wonder if MA has some type of paranoia going on.

From what I can tell in the first two MA claims GZ told the officers he was in the area shopping and produced a receipt which would have the time and date stamp on it and easy to verify, which I am sure LE did. The other one GZ said he had a doctor's visit/appointment in the area which was also easily provable and verifiable.

GZ, like it or not, he is a free man who has the same rights to go anywhere he pleases like anyone else does. MA did not have a
restraining order against GZ. He doesn't legally have to avoid any areas in the city. He is free to come and go as he pleases with no restrictions.

I think MA has become paranoid and obsessed with GZ and every time he sees him he thinks its because of him.

But what does alarm me is MA not only had one gun in his vehicle, but he had two large caliber handguns. I think that is excessive. I don't know of anyone who carries two weapons in their vehicle for protection. Also from the video I have seen MA comes across as odd as if he may have mental issues of some kind. I don't think his neighbor would lie about him harassing her since it scared her enough to call police.

He certainly was dangerous on the day he fired at GZs head. On this busy street its a wonder he didn't hit another innocent person or persons.

Even if he is not charged and GZ isn't either concerning the shooting incident MA certainly does need to be charged with shooting a deadly weapon from his vehicle in a public area. IMO

I think MA has become paranoid and obsessed with GZ and every time he sees him he thinks its because of him.

Nonetheless LE has Circle K footage from the last incident showing that GZ stopped following MA after he went inside the Circle K, so there is at least partial 3rd party corroboration to what MA has said about GZ. Even if you believe his neighbor, she says his strangeness started two months ago, which is way after the first two incidents, so going off what she said he could have been weird this time but it doesn't mean he was weird the other two times.

But what does alarm me is MA not only had one gun in his vehicle, but he had two large caliber handguns. I think that is excessive. I don't know of anyone who carries two weapons in their vehicle for protection.

Like it or not MA is free and fully permitted to carry. The authorities did not have such problems with it that they didn't grant him a concealed carry permit.

Also from the video I have seen MA comes across as odd as if he may have mental issues of some kind. I don't think his neighbor would lie about him harassing her since it scared her enough to call police.

Squirrels have been known to die of natural causes and there aren't things like squirrel graveyards where squirrels bury their dead. Have you considered that it could be neighbor herself that is a bit nutty? He may well be nutty, but saying that MA was nutty because his neighbor was scared enough to call the police on him, that same reasoning applies equally to MA having been scared previously enough to call the police on GZ. All three of them could all be a bit off as there nothing mutually exclusive about nuttiness in just because one is it bit off, it doesn't mean that another or all of them are a bit off.

He certainly was dangerous on the day he fired at GZs head.

Neither, one or both of them could have been dangerous as we don't know what happened.

Even if he is not charged and GZ isn't either concerning the shooting incident MA certainly does need to be charged with shooting a deadly weapon from his vehicle in a public area. IMO

If someone is pointing a gun at you why can't you defend yourself just because you're inside your car? I don't know what happened and for all I know MA could have planned on being an assassin, but I see no reason why someone should be criminally prosecuted just because they said they defended themselves while inside a car unless there is some solid evidence showing otherwise. Even if as GZ says was true that he never touched his gun, it seems like it would just be wasting taxpayer money unless the DA could actually disprove that MA was defending himself as the burden would be on the DA to disprove self-defense, not for MA to prove self-defense and there is already proof that GZ had a gun in his car.

Squirrel didn't die a natural death, it was shot (with a bb gun). Apperson also reportedly threatened to kill a tresspasser with .357 Magnum. That was in 2013.

"During a telephone call with a telephone canvasser from the University of Florida, Apperson suddenly said: 'I have a .357 Magnum and I am going to kill a trespasser.'"

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...eatening-trespasser-Magnum.html#ixzz3a1d2GAqT
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ard-probed-threatening-trespasser-Magnum.html

"During a telephone call with a telephone canvasser from the University of Florida, Apperson suddenly said: 'I have a .357 Magnum and I am going to kill a trespasser.'"

Yet on that day with the canvasser no one was killed - let alone shot - and MA wasn't convicted of anything, let alone even charged or arrested. People have been known to use exaggerated words like saying they'll kill somebody to express their frustration, not because they're describing their premeditated murder plans to some random telemarketer, which indeed the telemarketer wasn't privy to murder plans.

Yet on that day with the canvasser no one was killed - let alone shot - and MA wasn't convicted of anything, let alone even charged or arrested. People have been known to use exaggerated words like saying they'll kill somebody to express their frustration, not because they're describing their premeditated murder plans to some random telemarketer, which indeed the telemarketer wasn't privy to murder plans.
Not telemarketer. Tresspasser. He told police he saw somebody in his backyard and he had problems with this person in the past. So wasn't a random person.

Not telemarketer. Tresspasser. He told police he saw somebody in his backyard and he had problems with this person in the past. So wasn't a random person.

No, he wasn't on the phone with the trespasser, but instead he was on the phone with a random telemarketer and he indeed was not describing his murder plans to this random telemarketer.

No, he wasn't on the phone with the trespasser, but instead he was on the phone with a random telemarketer and he indeed was not describing his murder plans to this random telemarketer.

I posted the article. He was on the phone with a telemarketer and he told this telemarketer he was going to kill a tresspasser.
Telemarketer became alarmed and called the police. Police investigated and Apperson told them he saw somebody in his backyard that he had problems with in the past.

I posted the article. He was on the phone with a telemarketer and he told this telemarketer he was going to kill a tresspasser.
Telemarketer became alarmed and called the police. Police investigated and Apperson told them he saw somebody in his backyard that he had problems with in the past.

Yes, exactly - he wasn't discussing his murder plans with the telemarketer. No one was killed, shot or arrested. MA could indeed be a potentially violent nutter and as I've said on here I don't rule that out, just if we apply judging someone as to whether or not they're a potential violent nutter based upon allegations that don't result in a criminal conviction the same could be said of GZ as multiple people have also called in GZ and unlike MA during these alleged prior acts, GZ has been arrested on at least some occasions within the past couple years (and that's even fully excluding MA from past recent criminal allegations against GZ, GZ has still been arrested more than MA). So if this is applied consistently, they're both potentially violent nutters.

So one guy shot at the other but you think the guy who was shot at and the guy who shot at him should be both charged with "reckless endangerment?"

Well--if it can be substantiated that GZ was waving a gun around (which is not a far stretch).

I am not surprised Zimmerman is unemployed. Because of his notoriety, who is going to hire him?

I don't think it's his notoriety. His employment history was pretty checkered to begin with. And his last employer was very happy to let him go long before any charges were filed, ditto wherever it was that he was taking courses.

But, he has always had a cheering section--recall the guy who bought him suits for the trial and testified on his behalf. I would imagine that if he set his mind to it, he could get a job somewhere. He seems to have some rather grandiose expectations of entitlement, perhaps. Not to mention his alleged PTSD and the number of folks he seems to think are out to kill him.

I am beginning to wonder if MA has some type of paranoia going on.

From what I can tell in the first two MA claims GZ told the officers he was in the area shopping and produced a receipt which would have the time and date stamp on it and easy to verify, which I am sure LE did. The other one GZ said he had a doctor's visit/appointment in the area which was also easily provable and verifiable.

GZ, like it or not, he is a free man who has the same rights to go anywhere he pleases like anyone else does. MA did not have a
restraining order against GZ. He doesn't legally have to avoid any areas in the city. He is free to come and go as he pleases with no restrictions.

But what does alarm me is MA not only had one gun in his vehicle, but he had two large caliber handguns. I think that is excessive. I don't know of anyone who carries two weapons in their vehicle for protection. Also from the video I have seen MA comes across as odd as if he may have mental issues of some kind. I don't think his neighbor would lie about him harassing her since it scared her enough to call police.

He certainly was dangerous on the day he fired at GZs head. On this busy street its a wonder he didn't hit another innocent person or persons.

Thank you for a conjecture that makes sense of the pieces that we do know. Of course, all we really have here is conjecture that attempts to reconcile to differing accounts of what happened.

But, I do think that the situation, and your explanation, do point out some of the weakness in our existing gun laws. While people who have been adjudicated as having mental illnesses that constitute a threat to themselves or others are legally barred from gun ownership, this constitutes a very tiny minority of people who may experience paranoia, hallucinations or clouded judgment to levels that do not interfere with everyday activity--but who really ought not be carrying weapons around.

While I do not know that changing actual gun laws is either a likely, or possibly effective solution, I do strongly believe that we are in need of a broad attitude change away from the notion that our social safety levels are improved when more people carry.

GZ was found not guilty by a jury, his wife dropped charges against him, his g/f dropped charges against him and here we have MA dropping charges against him. That's a lot of people. Is GZ a mafia crime boss who can buy or scare his way out of everything? If I were that threatened by someone, there is no way in hades I'd drop charges. Just going on speculation but I have to wonder if all the charges have been investigated and there's lots we don't know about or maybe some complaints are blown out of proportion and we don't get to hear the 'whole' story? Most times, we only hear what media wants everyone to hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member