FL - George Zimmerman injured in Lake Mary shooting, police say

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is unusual. George apparently tells his lawyer one thing, and his friends another.

"Zimmerman, who has gone into hiding since the shooting, said he has been left badly shaken by the incident.

'George said it wasn't his time to go,' said close friend Doug Sifford.
'He said God was watching over him that day, but he is shaken.'

Since being acquitted of the murder of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin in 2013 Zimmerman has continued to live in Florida.

But Monday's incident could be the turning point that forces him to leave with Virginia (sic), where he grew up, an alternative place to settle.​

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...r-set-quite-Florida-safety.html#ixzz3a9X5XUgL

I read that he has been living in VA and returned for Mothers Day and a Doc Appt. Who knows??? LOL JMO

This is unusual. George apparently tells his lawyer one thing, and his friends another.

"Zimmerman, who has gone into hiding since the shooting, said he has been left badly shaken by the incident.

Since being acquitted of the murder of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin in 2013 Zimmerman has continued to live in Florida.

But Monday's incident could be the turning point that forces him to leave with Virginia (sic), where he grew up, an alternative place to settle.​

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...r-set-quite-Florida-safety.html#ixzz3a9X5XUgL
It isn't a quote from a friend saying he is still living in Florida. It is a statement made by the reporter without a source saying it. IMO

Daily mails isn't known for its accuracy.

It isn't a quote from a friend saying he is still living in Florida. It is a statement made by the reporter without a source saying it. IMO
I don't know. Read this: http://www.slate.com/blogs/lexicon_...r_double_quotes_it_s_really_quite_simple.html

And, Daily Mail is a British publication but we don't know if the author is actually British. Nor do we know if the author is even following a style book.

As long as he isn't anywhere near me, I don't really care.

I noticed that the Daily Mail author who wrote the 'George in Florida since 2013 but might move out' article also wrote the 'dead squirrel in the yard' and 'canvasser reported Apperson planning to kill a trespasser' article, is one and the same.

And, he is British, though living in America for some time now, and he writes for British publications virtually exclusively. He uses a lot of single quotes.

These stupid ads are showing up INSIDE peoples posts #obnoxious

So your glad that he got injured?
By most accounts, he just had a few scratches...in and out of the ER in a jiffy.

But I will tell you the part of this that has "me* smiling slightly, or rather I should say --

what I find juicy in all this -- and why I have been drawn back to the Zimmerman debate -- is this:

The Irony.

The poetic Irony if this Apperson fellow mounts a SYG defense, and, it can be shown with bold punctuation marks - with one of the most notorious persons at the heart of awakening people to the flawed law in the first place, causing many of us to see it as a Right to Murder law

- if this Apperson fellow can show (as the law is written) he was in fear of death or great bodily injury

( & as the Jury Instruction in the GZ/TM case said) :

He had no duty to retreat, could Stand His Ground and he "reasonably believed that it was necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or another or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony."

The poetry - if he uses uses that as a defense successfully, WOW.

Wouldn't that be a barn burner of an Ironical? Apperson has on record Zimmerman threatening him twice before.

Zimmerman is a known killer, who has a record of brandishing his gun. MA claims Zimmerman brandished his gun on this occasion.
A preponderance of the evidence (lower bar than Reasonable Doubt) could immunize MA from prosecution.

Not saying it will happen - and this App dude seems a little whack to me, but, from early indications, he does seem to have a valid SYG defense.

The fact this high powered lawyer came to his defense tells me, it just might (just might - no way to tell this soon) end up this way.

Imagine. I find that just, well....juicy.

Ryan Hughes - WFTV @RHughesWFTV · 2m2 minutes ago
#BREAKING: Matthew Apperson arrested. #WFTV.

Ryan Hughes - WFTV retweeted
Lake Mary PD @LakeMaryPD · 3m3 minutes ago
#Breaking Correction on Press Release, Here is current release
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CFFQKpKWAAAeTpQ.png:large

Ryan Hughes - WFTV @RHughesWFTV · 58s59 seconds ago
#BREAKING: Matthew Apperson arrived at Seminole County roughly 20 minutes ago, @LakeMaryPD spokeswoman says.

Ryan Hughes - WFTV @RHughesWFTV · 1m1 minute ago
Police said Matthew Apperson intentionally fired into George Zimmerman's vehicle on Monday. #WFTV.

Aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, aggravated batter with a deadly weapon and firing into an occupied vehicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413