FL - George Zimmerman injured in Lake Mary shooting, police say

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Notable things from the report.
Apperson was overheard by a Sgt. saying " I hope I got him this time." And " It appears Apperson has a fixation on Zimmerman."

Can someone give a synopsis? I can't get it large enough without it pixelating badly.

FWIW, it's redacted for addresses, but not :censored: (for language) :giggle:

So, NSFW - just in case your boss (or your kids) are looking over your shoulder at your display
;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two Stupid macho men, losers with guns, looking for trouble.
If, I was George Zimmerman, I would be thanking my stars that I am not in jail for the rest of my life.

But, instead of putting his head down and appreciating his second chance at a good life, George Zimmerman continues to invite trouble.

I no longer agree with his innocent verdict. Damn. He must have had a good lawyer.

Here are the Florida statues which apply to Matthew Apperson's arrest.

784.021 Aggravated assault.—
(1) An “aggravated assault” is an assault:
(a) With a deadly weapon without intent to kill;
or
(b) With an intent to commit a felony.
(2) Whoever commits an aggravated assault shall be guilty of a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

784.045 Aggravated battery.—
(1)(a) A person commits aggravated battery who, in committing battery:
1. Intentionally or knowingly causes great bodily harm, permanent disability, or permanent disfigurement; or
2. Uses a deadly weapon.
(b) A person commits aggravated battery if the person who was the victim of the battery was pregnant at the time of the offense and the offender knew or should have known that the victim was pregnant.
(2) Whoever commits aggravated battery shall be guilty of a felony of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084

790.19 Shooting into or throwing deadly missiles into dwellings, public or private buildings, occupied or not occupied; vessels, aircraft, buses, railroad cars, streetcars, or other vehicles.—Whoever, wantonly or maliciously, shoots at, within, or into, or throws any missile or hurls or projects a stone or other hard substance which would produce death or great bodily harm, at, within, or in any public or private building, occupied or unoccupied, or public or private bus or any train, locomotive, railway car, caboose, cable railway car, street railway car, monorail car, or vehicle of any kind which is being used or occupied by any person, or any boat, vessel, ship, or barge lying in or plying the waters of this state, or aircraft flying through the airspace of this state shall be guilty of a felony of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CFFfOGuW8AAoFw4.jpg:large

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes...02d751689-86AF5DB7-BF66-3FEC-5842D03AE71924B9

If, I was George Zimmerman, I would be thanking my stars that I am not in jail for the rest of my life.

But, instead of putting his head down and appreciating his second chance at a good life, George Zimmerman continues to invite trouble.

I no longer agree with his innocent verdict. Damn. He must have had a good lawyer.

Did you click on the link?

I'm curious.... What did he do to "invite" this particular trouble? According to the police report, GZ was driving along minding his own business when a crazy person decided to start shooting at t him. How is that "inviting" trouble?

IMO this man is very dangerous. It doesn't matter who he shot at. Of course Mom and wife are still saying what a wonderful man he is. Wkmg.com

It is amazing that so many of us have never been in trouble with the law. You would think we would all be beating up others, shooting teenagers, and getting shot at as a part of everyday life...

Here are the Florida statutes that pertain to second degree and third degree felonies.

775.082 Penalties; applicability of sentencing structures; mandatory minimum sentences for certain reoffenders previously released from prison.

(d) For a felony of the second degree, by a term of imprisonment not exceeding 15 years.
(e) For a felony of the third degree, by a term of imprisonment not exceeding 5 years.

775.083 Fines.—
(1) A person who has been convicted of an offense other than a capital felony may be sentenced to pay a fine in addition to any punishment described in s. 775.082; when specifically authorized by statute, he or she may be sentenced to pay a fine in lieu of any punishment described in s. 775.082. A person who has been convicted of a noncriminal violation may be sentenced to pay a fine. Fines for designated crimes and for noncriminal violations shall not exceed:
(a) $15,000, when the conviction is of a life felony.
(b) $10,000, when the conviction is of a felony of the first or second degree.
(c) $5,000, when the conviction is of a felony of the third degree.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/Statutes...02d751689-86AF5DB7-BF66-3FEC-5842D03AE71924B9

I'm curious.... What did he do to "invite" this particular trouble? According to the police report, GZ was driving along minding his own business when a crazy person decided to start shooting at t him. How is that "inviting" trouble?

I guess that since some don't care for the juries decision the fact that George Zimmerman was spotted in public is an "invitation" for a psycho vigilante to try and kill him. It's disgusting in my opinion but not surprising.

Apperson's showboating attorney Mark NeJame is looking silly right now. He is going to have to switch from a self-defense defense to an insanity defense.

Well, there you go. GZ should have known better than to antagonize Apperson by driving legally on public roadways.

Well he probably shouldn't have laughed at MA and called him a clown. That didn't help matters.

I'm still not convinced GZ didn't show his weapon but it is what it is.

I don't understand this statement by Mark Nejame.

We expected this as Mr. Apperson, under the advice of counsel and exercising his Constitutional right did not provide additional statements to law enforcement. He had already made statements and this is deemed sufficient, as of now. Mr. Zimmerman apparently did make statements and as such, it appears a decision was made to arrest on the basis of Mr. Zimmerman's statements. That is neither unusual nor was it unexpected.

Why does Nejame think that LE arrested his client solely on the basis of Zimmerman's statements? At least that's what I get out of his statement to the press. Is he trying to say that LE didn't investigate this case before arresting his client and just took Zimmerman's word for what happened?

Or is he saying that LE is picking on his client because he invoked his right to not speak to police?

I'm not sure what Mark's point is here. Doesn't seem usual to me. JMO.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/investigators-question-family-in-zimmerman-shooting/33049616

Never thought he was innocent but agree with the rest of your post. Zimmerman will never get that he has or had a hand in most all of his problems.
Laughing and name calling isn't the best tack to take to handle an obviously angry motorist.
Some can become unhinged easily as hopefully Zimmerman now knows.
And no that doesn't mean he deserved to be shot at...and yet it happened.

I don't understand this statement by Mark Nejame.

Why does Nejame think that LE arrested his client solely on the basis of Zimmerman's statements? At least that's what I get out of his statement to the press. Is he trying to say that LE didn't investigate this case before arresting his client and just took Zimmerman's word for what happened?

Or is he saying that LE is picking on his client because he invoked his right to not speak to police?

I'm not sure what Mark's point is here. Doesn't seem usual to me. JMO.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/investigators-question-family-in-zimmerman-shooting/33049616
Najame is a well respected lawyer, but I think he has made several statements in this case that are not making him sound good.

Well he probably shouldn't have laughed at MA and called him a clown. That didn't help matters.

Being called names does not give a person the right to shoot someone. If LE is correct and this was an unprovoked attack it could be because they have independent witnesses to this event.

We have to wait and see. JMO.

Oh brother. Now I have heard it all.

Being called names does not give a person the right to shoot someone. If LE is correct and this was an unprovoked attack it could be because they have independent witnesses to this event.

We have to wait and see. JMO.

Of course not. I said as much in my second post. But people do shoot with little provocation and I'm sure GZ didn't help by jeering or mocking the guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ANicholls16