FL - George Zimmerman injured in Lake Mary shooting, police say

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw the actual listing for the gun at the auction site this morning after reading an article about it. The auction was scheduled to begin at 11 am ET (8 am PT) and run for 24 hours. I checked back at about 4 minutes after it was scheduled to begin and the listing had been removed. That's all I know, at the moment.

I don't know how that auction site works,but I wonder if Zimmerman pulled it because he had an under the table offer.
Could be an attention ploy as well. IMO

I won't click on any article on this "person", I don't want the sites to think he's a click money maker, so I read all of your comments for an update.

I just picture this one as saying "Hey everybody!!! "I'm over here!!! Remember me???!! Yeah, I killed someone and got away with it, and now I need more attention and $$$ so I'll just drum it all up again by dragging this out again for my own selfish, self serving reasons - hate me????? I really don't care, just as long as everyone talks about me.

I consider him one in the same league as that other FL-based monster.

I said we wouldn't hear the last of him after he killed and sadly I was right. Nothing like rubbing salt in the wound of the parents of Trayvon.
I think we can safely say he lacks empathy or any remorse for his actions. IMO

It could be down because it is illegal to auction a gun over the internet. It could end up in the hands of a convicted felon. imo

I wish Zimmerman would just go away. again imo

He moved it.

George Zimmerman: Gun auction back on

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...rge-zimmerman-gun-auction-20160512-story.html

“George Zimmerman's first attempt to auction off the 9mm pistol he used to kill Trayvon Martin in 2012 was over before it ever began. Now he's trying again.

In a text, Zimmerman today told the Orlando Sentinel the first gun-auction website, GunBroker.com, was not "prepared for the traffic and publicity surrounding the auction of my firearm. It has now been placed with another auction house."

It is now for sale at unitedgungroup.com with a starting bid of $5,000.

The gun was removed from GunBroker.com just minutes before bidding was supposed to start at 11 a.m. today.”​

More.

For the true story, a gunbroker press release:

http://mediaweb.wftv.com/document_dev/2016/05/12/gunbroker statement_4361933_ver1.0.pdf

Late last night, George Zimmerman created a listing on our web site for the gun from the Trayvon Martin case four years ago. Mr. Zimmerman alerted news organizations that began reporting on the listing first thing this morning.

Listings on the GunBroker.com web site are user-generated, exactly like social media posts. Mr. Zimmerman never contacted anyone at GunBroker.com prior to or after the listing was created and no one at GunBroker.com has any relationship with Zimmerman. Our site rules state that we reserve the right to reject listings at our sole discretion, and have done so with the Zimmerman listing.

We want no part in the listing on our web site or in any of the publicity it is receiving.

GunBroker.com prides itself in being a safe and legal way to buy and sell firearms online in full compliance with all Federal, State, and local laws. GunBroker.com proudly supports the Second Amendment rights of the American public.

GunBroker.com will not be fielding press inquiries regarding this matter.​

Bravo to GunBroker.com for how they handled the matter. I hope the real story gets out and their reputation doesn't get ruined all because they were unwilling participants in one of GZ's sick antics.

Bravo to GunBroker.com for how they handled the matter. I hope the real story gets out and their reputation doesn't get ruined all because they were unwilling participants in one of GZ's sick antics.

For better or worse, I'm sure that their response will be a media triumph, and IMO, the folks who think their reputation is tarnished by their response are likely people who shouldn't be owning guns in the first place.

Perhaps this will encourage them to tighten up their policies for broadcasting sales. (It's a good example of how moderates websites, like Websleuths, are superior in many ways to their unmoderated brethren.)

Sadly, though, the damage is done, and the publicity has been generated, so irrespective of that website's morally sound decision (after the fact), more losers will know that this gun is for sale, and I'm sure one of them will spend top dollar for that sickening 'trophy'.

For better or worse, I'm sure that their response will be a media triumph, and IMO, the folks who think their reputation is tarnished by their response are likely people who shouldn't be owning guns in the first place.

Perhaps this will encourage them to tighten up their policies for broadcasting sales. (It's a good example of how moderates websites, like Websleuths, are superior in many ways to their unmoderated brethren.)

Sadly, though, the damage is done, and the publicity has been generated, so irrespective of that website's morally sound decision (after the fact), more losers will know that this gun is for sale, and I'm sure one of them will spend top dollar for that sickening 'trophy'.
Its already for sale on another website. It only took him an hour or so to post it elsewhere. I linked to an article about it above.

Here is another article: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ction-off-gun-he-used-to-kill-trayvon-martin/

I have not been able to access the new location. Maybe it has gotten bogged down with traffic or maybe someone has hacked it. I do not know.

He moved it.

George Zimmerman: Gun auction back on

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...rge-zimmerman-gun-auction-20160512-story.html
“George Zimmerman's first attempt to auction off the 9mm pistol he used to kill Trayvon Martin in 2012 was over before it ever began. Now he's trying again.

In a text, Zimmerman today told the Orlando Sentinel the first gun-auction website, GunBroker.com, was not "prepared for the traffic and publicity surrounding the auction of my firearm. It has now been placed with another auction house."

It is now for sale at unitedgungroup.com with a starting bid of $5,000.

The gun was removed from GunBroker.com just minutes before bidding was supposed to start at 11 a.m. today.”

More.

Further down in the article his real motive is revealed- he's pissed that Hillary Clinton could actually become POTUS. He wants to use proceeds from the gun sale against her.:puke::puke::puke:
Secret Service better keep a close eye on him...

George Zimmerman's gun that killed Trayvon Martin booted from second online auction website

BY LARRY MCSHANE
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Updated: Thursday, May 12, 2016, 8:07 PM

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...shut-weapon-bidding-website-article-1.2634876

“Bad karma followed brutally bad taste as unrepentant George Zimmerman tried to turn a profit on the gun he used to kill unarmed Trayvon Martin.

After one internet site booted Zimmerman from its online auction site Thursday, a second agreed to host the unholy sale — only to watch their website crash.”​

More to the story. Poor, poor George.

George Zimmerman's gun that killed Trayvon Martin booted from second online auction website

BY LARRY MCSHANE
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Updated: Thursday, May 12, 2016, 8:07 PM

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...shut-weapon-bidding-website-article-1.2634876
“Bad karma followed brutally bad taste as unrepentant George Zimmerman tried to turn a profit on the gun he used to kill unarmed Trayvon Martin.

After one internet site booted Zimmerman from its online auction site Thursday, a second agreed to host the unholy sale — only to watch their website crash.”​

More to the story. Poor, poor George.

Morehouse College professor and CNN analyst Marc Lamont Hill compared the auction to “O.J. Simpson (deciding) to start a line of steak knives.”

Rep. Hakeem Jeffries (D-Brooklyn) echoed the sentiment.
“It should shock the conscience of every decent American that this man is peddling his murder weapon for sale,” said Jeffries. “America must reject this merchant of death once and for all.”

I literally hate this man with every ounce of my being. I don't care if that even makes me a bad person. I literally hate this man.

I hate to make light of this situation because I find George's actions repulsive, but I LOL'd when I saw this. George is being trolled...note the name of the bidder and the price.
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 126
Well isn't this nice.

What a <self mod snipped> <self mod snipping> piece of <self mod snipped>.

"Zimmerman auctioning gun used to kill Trayvon Martin"

http://www.wtsp.com/news/politics/f...ing-gun-used-to-kill-trayvon-martin/185876042

The Smithsonian? Really George, you <self mod snipped> <self mod snipping> piece of <self mod snipped>?

Even people who think his shooting of Trayvon was justified should be appalled out of their pants at this.

I would like to go on record as nominating this post of the day. Right on Izzy.

I'm surprised he found a second auction to sell his gun with.

The only truly worthwhile article I have come across so far:

George Zimmerman taps into an American tradition: Murderabilia

The Washington Post
By Neely Tucker May 14 at 2:22 PM

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...a7b950-19cd-11e6-924d-838753295f9a_story.html

“From serial killer John Wayne Gacy’s clown art to the Volkswagen in which Ted Bundy killed some of his victims, Americans have long been fascinated with the macabre aspects of sensational killings and the people who commit them.

The low strata of this trade is “murderabilia,” the trafficking of sensational items from notorious crimes or killers. The online store Serial Killers Ink, for example, is currently offering letters and artwork from both Charles Manson and the BTK Killer, Dennis Rader, as well as the confession signed by Ed Gein, the man whose skin-peeling killings inspired everything from “Psycho” to “The Silence of the Lambs.”

This is the market that George Zimmerman is trying to tap into by selling the semiautomatic gun he used to kill Trayvon Martin in the 2012 Florida slaying that riveted the nation. Zimmerman was acquitted in a sensational trial, with the gun is his property and, legally speaking, he’s free to sell it as he would any other personal item.”​

Good article. More...

The only truly worthwhile article I have come across so far:

George Zimmerman taps into an American tradition: Murderabilia

The Washington Post
By Neely Tucker May 14 at 2:22 PM

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...a7b950-19cd-11e6-924d-838753295f9a_story.html
“From serial killer John Wayne Gacy’s clown art to the Volkswagen in which Ted Bundy killed some of his victims, Americans have long been fascinated with the macabre aspects of sensational killings and the people who commit them.

The low strata of this trade is “murderabilia,” the trafficking of sensational items from notorious crimes or killers. The online store Serial Killers Ink, for example, is currently offering letters and artwork from both Charles Manson and the BTK Killer, Dennis Rader, as well as the confession signed by Ed Gein, the man whose skin-peeling killings inspired everything from “Psycho” to “The Silence of the Lambs.”

This is the market that George Zimmerman is trying to tap into by selling the semiautomatic gun he used to kill Trayvon Martin in the 2012 Florida slaying that riveted the nation. Zimmerman was acquitted in a sensational trial, with the gun is his property and, legally speaking, he’s free to sell it as he would any other personal item.”​

Good article. More...

There actually is a Crime Museum in Washington D.C. where John Wayne Gacy's Clown Suit and Jeffrey Dahmer's handcuffs, the Unabombers'scale, and Ted Bundy's VW bug are. My daughter visited there and brought me back a postcard. That's a far cry from the Smithsonian!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ANicholls16