FL - George Zimmerman injured in Lake Mary shooting, police say

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mean to start an argument but does anyone know for sure all 3 incidents were about road rage? Were there witnesses? Are we taking M Apperson's word for it? I wasn't there, so I have no idea.
No, all 3 were not road rage. One of them was GZ at his dr's and the guy called LE because he saw his truck in the parking lot where he worked.

The link would be in the TM case files and he was telling LE that was why he was carrying because he felt the dog may harm him and or his wife. Makes no difference if the dog was a pit,most people don't think it's okay to arm yourself to shoot an animal. Most would speak with the owners or LE or the dog warden.
Shows his state of mind about right and wrong. IMO

If there is an aggressive dog, what exactly should one do? I don't believe most people think one should not act in self-defense if aggressive dog were to attack them or their family. Dogs can do a lot of damage. Dogs can kill a person.

Thanks for the reply but it doesn't tell me much. Did M Apperson file complaints about road rage? Did G Zimmerman? Where there witnesses to any of them?

Previous complaints were from Apperson.

Thanks for the reply but it doesn't tell me much. Did M Apperson file complaints about road rage? Did G Zimmerman? Where there witnesses to any of them?

http://news.yahoo.com/police-george-zimmerman-involved-shooting-florida-182541173.html

Last September, Apperson said Zimmerman threatened to kill him, asking "Do you know who I am?" during a confrontation in their vehicles. Apperson decided not to pursue charges, and police officers were unable to move forward without a car tag identified or witnesses.

So yes, it appears there was at least one prior complaint, filed by Apperson. Not sure if GZ filed one prior to today. And no, to my knowledge there were no witnesses but I am sure LE is investigating thoroughly. That said, a simple Google search will give you the same information I have here.

http://news.yahoo.com/police-george-zimmerman-involved-shooting-florida-182541173.html

Last September, Apperson said Zimmerman threatened to kill him, asking "Do you know who I am?" during a confrontation in their vehicles. Apperson decided not to pursue charges, and police officers were unable to move forward without a car tag identified or witnesses.

So yes, it appears there was at least one prior complaint, filed by Apperson. Not sure if GZ filed one prior to today. And no, to my knowledge there were no witnesses but I am sure LE is investigating thoroughly. That said, a simple Google search will give you the same information I have here.

GZ flagged down a police car after being shot at.

If there is an aggressive dog, what exactly should one do? I don't believe most people think one should not act in self-defense if aggressive dog were to attack them or their family. Dogs can do a lot of damage. Dogs can kill a person.

You should speak with the owners,LE,and the dog warden in your area. George armed himself and was willing to shoot an animal because he THOUGHT it MAY harm him.
Seems to be a pattern with him.IMO

That's the point, I did Google search it and come up with only Apperson filing a complaint and Apperson's word for everything. LE is being very quiet about any other details.

The link would be in the TM case files and he was telling LE that was why he was carrying because he felt the dog may harm him and or his wife. Makes no difference if the dog was a pit,most people don't think it's okay to arm yourself to shoot an animal. Most would speak with the owners or LE or the dog warden.
Shows his state of mind about right and wrong. IMO

He did speak with LE and the LE officer told him to get a gun for protection.IIRC.

Epperson's wife and mom just made statements basically that they stand behind him

Nejame says it was self defense.

I want to know if he was arrested

You should speak with the owners,LE,and the dog warden in your area. George armed himself and was willing to shoot an animal because he THOUGHT it MAY harm him.
Seems to be a pattern with him.IMO

There are many cases in which people complained about aggressive dogs but nothing was done until these dogs seriously injured or killed someone.

He did speak with LE and the LE officer told him to get a gun for protection.IIRC.

I don't recall that from the interview.Very possible that is what Zimmerman said he was told.

I heard he no longer lived in FL

Heard from where?

He was just arrested in January for aggravated assault when he threw a wine bottle at his girlfriend. It happened in Lake Mary.

And the pictures of his truck from today show he has a FL tag.

Epperson's wife and mom just made statements basically that they stand behind him

Nejame says it was self defense.

I want to know if he was arrested

No he was standing there with them. He was acting weird iyam.

There are many cases in which people complained about aggressive dogs but nothing was done until these dogs seriously injured or killed someone.

True but it takes a special person to admit that they armed themself for the sole purpose of shooting a domestic/pet animal. Other resources are available including walking a different path.

Since there seem to be some here who are leaning on the side of George Zimmerman, I will say this.

1. I am not defending Apperson. Shooting at anyone (unless unavoidable self-defense) is generally wrong IMO.

2. One's character is important in determining guilt or innocence and even involvement. That said, Zimmerman doesn't appear to have the best character as evidenced by the following:

"Zimmerman has had several brushes with the law, including:

— He was charged with aggravated assault after being accused of throwing a wine bottle at an ex-girlfriend, Brittany Brunelle. The case was dropped in January after she recanted her story and refused to cooperate.

— Following another domestic confrontation, he was arrested on charges of aggravated assault, battery and criminal mischief after his then-girlfriend said he pointed a gun at her face during an argument, smashed her coffee table and pushed her out of the house they shared. Samantha Scheibe decided not to cooperate with detectives, and prosecutors didn't pursue the case.

— Zimmerman was accused by his estranged wife of smashing an iPad during an argument at the home they had shared. Shellie Zimmerman initially told a dispatcher her husband had a gun, though she later said he was unarmed. No charges were filed because of a lack of evidence. The dispute occurred days after Shellie Zimmerman filed divorce papers."

Based on those two things, they probably both have some culpability.

Was Apperson arrested or charged?

Since there seem to be some here who are leaning on the side of George Zimmerman, I will say this.

1. I am not defending Apperson. Shooting at anyone (unless unavoidable self-defense) is generally wrong IMO.

2. One's character is important in determining guilt or innocence and even involvement. That said, Zimmerman doesn't appear to have the best character as evidenced by the following:

"Zimmerman has had several brushes with the law, including:

— He was charged with aggravated assault after being accused of throwing a wine bottle at an ex-girlfriend, Brittany Brunelle. The case was dropped in January after she recanted her story and refused to cooperate.

— Following another domestic confrontation, he was arrested on charges of aggravated assault, battery and criminal mischief after his then-girlfriend said he pointed a gun at her face during an argument, smashed her coffee table and pushed her out of the house they shared. Samantha Scheibe decided not to cooperate with detectives, and prosecutors didn't pursue the case.

— Zimmerman was accused by his estranged wife of smashing an iPad during an argument at the home they had shared. Shellie Zimmerman initially told a dispatcher her husband had a gun, though she later said he was unarmed. No charges were filed because of a lack of evidence. The dispute occurred days after Shellie Zimmerman filed divorce papers."

Based on those two things, they probably both have some culpability.

Was Apperson arrested or charged?

Not as of yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members