FL - Girl arrested for hitting teacher...

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
akk! Here I am again with yet another story!

As I have stated in other threads, I'm mentally ill, have been for as long as I can remember but was not diagnosed with anything but the Tourette syndrom and OCD while in school (I was Dx'd w/ them when I was 12). Tourettes is known not just because of the "tics" but anger issues as well...

I had quite a few issues while in high school beginning with but not ending at, fights with other kids, yelling at teachers, I once called the principle an a$$hole to his face, I punched a wall next to where my teacher was standing and I threw a desk across a room and the teacher was hit by it, causing him to fall into a radiator.

Want to know my punishments for these awful things I did??? NOTHING!! not one single thing! The one time I did get suspended, (when I called the principle an A-hole) my mother went to the school, had a meeting and all I had to do was tell the guy I was sorry!

Want to know WHY I wasn't punished?? Yup, what your thinking is correct- because I am mentally ill! And let me assure you, I thought that was the coolest thing!

Want to know what I learned from this?? I learned that I could act any way I wanted and I wouldn't get in trouble, I learned that authority was a joke, I learned that people were frightened of my anger and I learned that *I* was in control, not the adults!

Do you think any of the above is a good thing?? I sure don't! It took me a loooong time, and a police record to realize that in life we all need to be held accountable, mentally ill or not! And I'm one of the lucky ones who learned this lesson, most never do.

If we excuse this childs behavior- she'll learn to excuse her own behavior and what will become of her in adulthood?

Please don't get me wrong, I don't think this girl should be hung for her actions but I do think this means until she can be *taught* to control herself she should be taken out of places where she will be tempted to act out.

OneLost Girl:

Excellent post and I give you my highest regards for overcoming and dealing with the difficulties in your life. You have my respect.

Best regards, Cyberlaw

Great example OneLostGirl. I'm glad you finally came to that realization. That shows you have a good level of maturity.

I really hope this little girl will get some help for her anger problems as well as consequences for her behavior.

SewingDeb said:
Great example OneLostGirl. I'm glad you finally came to that realization. That shows you have a good level of maturity.

I really hope this little girl will get some help for her anger problems as well as consequences for her behavior.
I Totally agree. Onelostgirl im glad you overcame your difficulties.

I only hope this little girl gets the help she needs and learns to control herself.By her mothers refusal to go get her, she may have been trying to show the girl their are consequences for her behavior. I dont know , im not her mother and dont know what she was thinking.

cynpat2000 said:
By her mothers refusal to go get her, she may have been trying to show the girl their are consequences for her behavior. I dont know , im not her mother and dont know what she was thinking.

You are so right that the mother may have been trying to teach the girl a lesson. As I said before, I hope that is the case!

I find it so sad that at 9 yrs. old this child is so full of rage that she is willing to physically strike another person. It literally makes me want to cry. I want to take her into my arms and sooth her past the rage.

I am such a sucker for troubled kids. It drives my poor hubby crazy that I want to "save" them all.

OneLostGrl said:
You are so right that the mother may have been trying to teach the girl a lesson. As I said before, I hope that is the case!

I find it so sad that at 9 yrs. old this child is so full of rage that she is willing to physically strike another person. It literally makes me want to cry. I want to take her into my arms and sooth her past the rage.

I am such a sucker for troubled kids. It drives my poor hubby crazy that I want to "save" them all.
Kudos to you OneLostGirl. :blowkiss: Maybe my harshness about this situation is because I don't understand what it's like for some children. You have that understanding first hand. I do have a problem with parents who just expect it to be the teachers job to raise and teach their children.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Imabrattoo
Back