GUILTY FL - Jamie Broxson, 25, raped & murdered, Pensacola, 28 Nov 2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
the mug shot makes me ::shudder::

Escambia County Sheriff’s Investigators have arrested Joshua Wayne Douglas, 22, of Pensacola, in connection with the murders of two women whose bodies were found Monday, November 29, near Jernigan and Nine Mile Roads.

Forensic testing found DNA evidence that linked Douglas to victim Jamie Broxson, 25.
Douglas is charged with Murder and Sexual Assault.

http://www.weartv.com/newsroom/top_stories/videos/wear_vid_12539.shtml

==============

He has not been charged at this time in the death of Debra Jones, 19.

http://www.pnj.com/article/20101207/NEWS01/101207026/Arrest-made-in-double-murder-case

We put mug shot "alerts" out there for you, TM!! What's the deal?? That made me more than shudder. I'm going to have nightmares about that man. It's not often that you see eyes like that. Lord help me. He looks wicked.

You know what he'll say. He'll say that he was with Jamie earlier for a "date". I just know it. He'll have no idea how she turned up dead, nor Debra either. I wonder if this is the boyfriend who Jamie's sister referred to.

Did you notice this in the link above:

"...Douglas' listed home address is adjacent to the wooded lot off Jernigan Road where the bodies were found Nov. 29....."

So, he didn't even move the body/bodies? He just left them near his home?

Tonight, they're all relieved the cases are apparently solved.
Debra Ann Jones' family is still waiting for word on whether Joshua Douglas will be charged with the 19 year old's murder.

The family and investigators both suspect he killed her and dumped her body first, before killing Jamie Broxson.

Mary Broxson:
"In my heart I know who did it- and I just want to tell him one thing- they're going to get you."

http://www.weartv.com/newsroom/top_stories/videos/wear_vid_12566.shtml

============================

Investigators ran a sample from the crime scene through that data-base and say they got a match. But many of his friends are skeptical... especially his on again... off again girlfriend.

Brittany Barton/In Relationship with Murder Suspect: "It's a lot to take in when you've been sleeping next to this person for the last 7 months."

Brittany Barton was with Douglas just 3 hours before his arrest.
He called her from jail that night.

Brittany Barton/In Relationship with Murder Suspect: "He's like I don't know. I didn't do it. I want to believe him. I really really want to because I've never known him to do anything bad to anybody."

Brittany Barton/In Relationship with Murder Suspect: "I really have nothing bad to say other than, he's got a temper like most guys. There's really nothing wrong. I mean he didn't do me wrong really."

http://www.weartv.com/newsroom/top_stories/videos/wear_vid_12569.shtml

Oh, that must be horrifying!! My heart goes out to that woman. By all accounts, this man (who really spooked me) has many defenders. I'm not certain but I think he works at the store where he was arrested. He has a daughter and several old girlfriends who speak positively about him. But then there is the issue of his record.

And the dead bodies, within sight of his front door.

Here's a video of Douglas' court appearance and of his house. FWIW, his eyes still really get to me. I have to say his house is not what I envisioned. It's a very nice home all decked out for the holidays. Not at all what I was thinking......hmmm.

http://www.wkrg.com/alabama/article...pensacola-murder/1203172/Dec-08-2010_7-01-pm/

Why would a man make no attempt at all to conceal murder victims?

Read the comments here:

http://www.pnj.com/comments/article/20101207/NEWS01/101207026/Arrest-made-in-double-murder-case

Is the one posted at 12/8/2010 12:49:20 AM, a sick joke or is it genuine? In fact, there's several which defend him.

And note that someone posts that he lost all hunting privileges for life due to killing three fawns on Christmas Eve in 2007. Cocaine, procuring a prostitute. Not a nice guy.

that link didn't work for me - but here's another & they're still going at it.

http://www.pnj.com/comments/article/20101208/NEWS01/101207026/DNA-snags-murder-suspect

A 25-year-old mother of two died from a brutal sexual assault that included her killer taping her mouth shut, according to an Escambia County Sheriff's Office report released Wednesday.

Jamie Broxson died from suffocation from duct tape being placed over her mouth and sepsis caused by the "severe trauma" of the rape, according to the report.

Joshua Wayne Douglas, 22, of the 8500 block of Indian Oaks Place is charged with murder and sexual battery in connection with Broxson's death. He is being held without bond at Escambia County Jail.

State Attorney Bill Eddins said Wednesday his office will seek a first-degree murder indictment against Douglas.

(snip)

http://www.pnj.com/article/20101209/NEWS01/12090327/Woman-s-death-brutal-report-shows

Bless that poor young woman. May she rest in peace. And prayers to her family. They seem to have been so present for her, so loving. They must be reeling. How terribly sad.

Man, just reading those comments makes me want to give all the WS mods a huge (((hug))). Thank you all for keeping us on the straight and narrow and from straying so far from the facts and stooping so low. Man.

I saw comments (TM, the link I posted stopped working for me, too) about the duct tape and just found this, at the link above:

http://www.pnj.com/article/20101209/NEWS01/12090327/Woman-s-death-brutal-report-shows

"....Investigators used DNA to connect Douglas to Broxson's death. Semen collected from Broxson belongs to Douglas, according to the report. The report also says that DNA collected from duct tape at the scene is consistent with Douglas' DNA.

The arrest of Douglas has surprised many of his friends, including his former girlfriend..."

more at link

So, not only semen (which could be attributed to other factors) but DNA on the duct tape. Oh, that poor young woman suffered terribly. I have to agree with one of the posters that he "looks good on the outside"--except that his eyes give him away--but that he's more like a Bundy or Dahmer "on the inside". I think they got the right man.

There are now over 20 pages of comments. I'm sure many know more about this guy than are currently talking. He's bound to have had other victims. Talk about living a double life.

I have a few questions. What does it tell us about a man who would:

1) Not use a condom during paid sex or a sexual assault

2) Not use gloves to duct tape the victim and while disposing of the body

3) Leave or dump the body just a few hundred feet from his home

Is this man horribly stupid or did he truly want to be caught? Either way, I have to say that these actions make me believe that there have to be other victims. I wonder if he's done any traveling.

An attorney for the man accused of the brutal rape and murder of a 25-year-old mother said he doesn’t believe there’s enough probable cause to hold his client for murder.

The suspect, Joshua Wayne Douglas, was charged Dec. 7 with sexual assault and murder in the death of Jamie Broxson.

Circuit Judge Terry Terrell is expected to decide later today whether to hold Douglas without bond until trial.

In a 42-page transcript of Douglas’ Dec. 7 interview with investigators, Broxson said that his sex with Broxson was consensual and that she asked him to tape up her face and neck.

(snip)

http://www.pnj.com/article/20101216/NEWS01/101216003/Escambia-murder-suspect-in-court-

He seems to be coming up with all sorts of explanations. So when Jamie stopped breathing, he did nothing? He dumped her body across the road from his house and said nothing to anyone?

I'm having a real hard time believing this line. I worry if he's let out on bond, Escambia County will have yet another dead woman to mourn.

An attorney for the man accused of the brutal rape and murder of a 25-year-old mother said he doesn’t believe there’s enough probable cause to hold his client for murder.

The suspect, Joshua Wayne Douglas, was charged Dec. 7 with sexual assault and murder in the death of Jamie Broxson.

Circuit Judge Terry Terrell is expected to decide later today whether to hold Douglas without bond until trial.

In a 42-page transcript of Douglas’ Dec. 7 interview with investigators, Broxson said that his sex with Broxson was consensual and that she asked him to tape up her face and neck.

(snip)

http://www.pnj.com/article/20101216/NEWS01/101216003/Escambia-murder-suspect-in-court-

Ok, I know an attorney's job is to get their client off and they sometimes make up possible scenarios to explain certain conditions. But to think she WANTED him to tape her up is ridiculous! Then he just dropped her off WITH the tape still on. pfffttt

Interesting that he watched someone's dogs at their home while they were gone, about the time this girl went missing.

JMHO
fran

And Jamie just happened to be carrying around a roll of duct tape looking for someone to use it on her? If she turned a trick for Douglas, wouldn't she have had the money still in her pocket or purse?

Still no arrests in Debra Jones' murder. Her family just held a memorial for her. They deserve some closure.

Fla. man indicted on charges of murder, assault

December 23. 2010 6:16AM

A grand jury has indicted a Pensacola man accused of murdering a woman whose decomposing body was found near a power station substation.

Authorities said Tuesday they've not decided whether to seek the death penalty for 22-year-old Joshua Wayne Douglas. He is charged with first-degree murder and sexual battery in the death of 25-year-old Jamie Broxson. Her body was found Nov. 29.

Apparently the grand jury doesn't agree with the def attorney. The arraignment is set for Dec. 29, 2010.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<more at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
http://www.goerie.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20101223/APN/1012230702

fran

Yes, I'd have to agree that it looks like the state did indeed find plenty to try Douglas for this horrid attack and murder. An update:

http://www.local15tv.com/news/local...n-Escambia-Co-Fla/1GWbbGHZGEC08eJ16K2AwQ.cspx

State Seeks Death Penalty in Escambia Co., Fla. Murder Case

"State Attorney Bill Eddins announced today he plans to seek the death penalty against the man accused of murdering a woman whose body was found in the woods near Pensacola.

Joshua Wayne Douglas was indicted last month for the murder and sexual assault of Jamie Broxson.

Investigators say DNA evidence connected Douglas to Broxson. Douglas has an extensive criminal record which includes several felony convictions. His DNA was available to be tested because of his criminal record...."

I'm still not finding much about the other victim, Debra Jones, who was found murdered nearby.

http://www.pnj.com/story/news/2014/05/23/death-penalty-joshua-douglas-jamie-broxson-escambia-county/9513433/

An Escambia County judge will rule next month on whether a Pensacola man convicted of sexually assaulting a woman, killing her and hiding her body in the woods will receive the death penalty.

A jury convicted Joshua Wayne Douglas, 26, of the murder of 25-year-old Jamie Miranda Broxson last month and unanimously recommended he receive the death penalty. Assistant State Attorney John Molchan said that the jury's recommendation will carry a great deal of weight when Circuit Judge Terry Terrell issues Douglas' sentence June 19, but that Terrell has the option to issue a lesser sentence of life in prison.

What about Debra? :( Was LE unable to link Douglas to her murder? I've been Googling, and not finding anything. It's almost like she's been forgotten...

I know this is such an old thread but I just follow this case so closely to make sure he stays put away. I lived next door to this freak. Warning: very long and detailed but I remember it like it was yesterday....

I lived next door to this guy in a nice neighborhood. It was NOT where you would expect to live next door to a stalking, rapist murderer. I and my brother lived there but we were both often gone at opposite times and I was there by myself when I was there. Josh(murderer) lived with his dad and step mother. He would often stop by and drink with my brother and play video games... LONG story short he had the reputation as this "crazy" "dumb" red neck. He was younger and crazy.That is... Unless you were a possible potentional victim of his you wouldn't necessarily see those dark creepy eyes. Though one night I saw him attacking his ex gf in the middle of the street slinging her all over the place.... But she was continuing to fight with him. Turned out he had a kid and had nothing to do with her.

One night my cat stared at the window like crazy and I ran to the window and thought I saw a human shadow but then went away. I dismissed it at first but still had that instinct gut feeling something wasn't right. The next week I noticed my Windows were unlocked and they weren't before. The following week my cat did the same thing again and I ran to the window and again didn't see anything but heard something before and after. A week or so later ..same thing. Ran to the window and I saw someone running away, like a flash and they had a white shirt. I am crazy I know but I actually went outside with a taser and knife (i now own a gun after this and believe in them 100%) and there he was conveniently in his garage. I asked if he saw anyone and he said "oh saw someone in a van drive through just now". Yea right. I knew then this freak was most likely the one doing it. Tried telling my brother and he dismissed me as crazy and said it was the "cats" across the street. I said yea, just a HUGE CAT RIGHT...

A few days later I pulled up late at night and was getting something from my trunk. My driveway was on a culdesac so his driveway was VERY visible almost at an angle. He magically appeared next to me and COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY CREEPED ME OUT. He had the devil look and I immediately went into defensive mode and switched gears letting him know I was not some push over (which he already had an idea of as he knew I was more the tom boy type though I'm only like 4"11 and 105 lbs soaking wet.) it was ODD because he was SUPPOSEDLY this friendly neighbor and here I was letting him know I KNEW HE WASNT THIS FRIENDLY NEIGHBOR BUT A CREEP. I was scared SHITLESS but I didn't let him know that and quickly went in after facing him. Weird thing was he literally appeared out of no where. I have no idea where he came from which I know was not from the direction from his house so I assume he was hiding in my yard.

A few weeks later , cat did the same thing . Only this time instead of looking out the window giving him opportunity to take off running I had beforehand looked what I could see from outside if I was close to the blinds to see the blind spots. So i got down in the blind spot along the corner off room and, literally army crawled on the floor , grabbed a HUGE KNIFE AND TASER And yanked open the door . Only this time, my brother was home, passed out drunk. Just great. As I opened the door I was screaming for my brother at the same time and THERE WAS JOSH. STANDING AGAINST my window in front of the bushes. He immediately kept saying "I'm looking for my dog, I'm looking for my dog". I literally held the knife up to his face as he approached me and almost stabbed him and to this day I WISH I DID BECAUSE maybe those girls would have lived. I told him he was full of **** that the whole time I lived there I NEVER SAW HIM WITH A DOG much less ever even saw A DOG PERIOD. I called the police and they did NOTHING. My boyfriend was a deputy at the time and he dismissed it too like I may have been overeacting or something I dunno but I just remember NO ONE DID ANYTHING. My dad even said he was probably "just a peeping tom". But my brother was drunk and blamed it again on the cats across the street and completely defended the Josh guy.

I was so angry not to mention scared at the time but now realize who in the world would have believed this crazy ****. You know ... I dunno. Anyways. By the grace of God I moved out a couple of days later because we were fighting and I was just freaking out.

Anyways, after I moved a couple of months later , the second time I saw his devil demon eyes was when I was at a bar one night (i don't often drink btw at least anymore - I was young then early 20's). And he appeared and stared me down from across the room with THOSE eyes. LUCKILY my friends knew he was crazy and we immediately left TOGETHER as a group. They saw his eyes too and had the same feeling. I Will NEVER forget that look either.

Hindsight, looking back, before all the window stuff or his creepy behavior I remember him outside one day taking apart the inside of his old truck. He was chunking the carpet and placing plastic in it and removing the seats. I remember thinking to myself "why is he putting so much effort in the inside when the outside is a big MESS and needed the work"....

Also, he met a girl from up north once who I think had a warrant from up north or something . Anyways, I remember he left with her for a trip to New Orleans and we'll she NEVER came back. I remember asking what happened to her and he said oh she went had up north for court I believe . When I left from living with my brother she had asked him if she could store some boxes and he let her. To my knowledge , at least months later she never came and got her stuff back. To this day I WISH I knew her name but I don't and I don't know what happened to the stuff after I moved .

Anyways, the neighborhood I lived in had a fence on the entrance side blocking the road. But if You we're standing in josh's backyard and looked over the fence the woods where the bodies were dumped was right across the street. When I saw on the news where they were found just a few short months after I moved I immediately called an anonymous tip. I just knew . I knew what he was capable of. ONE thing I have learned is ALWAYS TRUST YOUR INSTINCS. sure enough his DNA was found in the second girls body whom only had been there for a day or two after someone's dog ran and found her. The other body he was not charged with because she was to decomposed even though she was only there for a short time also.

What made me angry is the news media tried to portray one of the girls as a prostitute. Whether she was or wasn't , matters NOT. Yes, he may have picked her first because she was easy access and he thought he would surely get away with it but the fact if the matter is he would have killed anyone girl or woman if the timing was right or he stalked them long enough like he did me and felt like he would get away with it. The other girl was not a prostitute And I suspect he may have met her at a bar.

Oh and one more weird thing . I was you,g back looking at pictures from when I was young with friends and in two pictures I noticed him in the background with a cowboy hat on... Now that is CREEPY.

Hope I didn't vote everyone to death.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanamburga
Back