GUILTY FL - Jayce Martin, 2, tortured/beaten to death with toilet seat by mother, Orlando, Jul 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

cybervampira

Reaction score
Orlando mother arrested for manslaughter after torture of her son | Daily Mail Online

A mother has been arrested for manslaughter after she tortured her son and likely 'beat him to death with a toilet seat'.

Victoria Toth, 24, from Orlando, Florida, was arrested for the death of her two-year-old son.
upload_2018-9-15_2-20-50.jpegupload_2018-9-15_2-27-25.jpeg
Jacye Martin died from from blunt force trauma to the abdomen described as a 'sucker punch' which caused his insides to 'explode', WFTV reports.
upload_2018-9-15_2-20-12.jpegupload_2018-9-15_2-20-35.jpeg
Jacye Martin was malnourished and bruised when police found his body lying unresponsive in his bedroom in apartments in Washington Shores neighbourhood, Orlando.

Toth was arrested on charges of aggravated manslaughter of a child. Toth appeared before a judge Saturday, who granted her a $50,000 bond.

Orlando Police on Twitter

Death of toddler might be 'torture case,' Orlando Police Department tweets

Orlando Police on Twitter

Florida mom might be charged with torture in death of 2-year-old son

Death of Orlando toddler considered 'torture case,' authorities say

ORLANDO TODDLER FOUND DEAD: Victoria Toth Jayce Martin

How can you sit there and watch your child suffer and do nothing?!?! So many people have stayed up at night, worrying about a sick bird, dog, cat,etc, and yet, a child is left to suffer?!?!

Same questions, different case. Sickening.

Rest gently, little Jacye !

Off- topic a bit.... she hardly looks like the same person in those two photos.
Meth addict ?

From this link by cybervampira :
Florida mom might be charged with torture in death of...
"...... Jayce, who was being watched by Toth's boyfriend, was found unresponsive when she returned home from work......."

Again with a bf 'watching' the child while mom was at work. Why wasn't HE at work ??
Was she supporting him ?
--- This scenario seems to come up a lot in these cases.
Will he be facing arrest as well ?

About that toilet seat lid-- for those who have had to replace the sinker or inspect the toilet tank-- that lid is pretty heavy. Especially when used on a TWO year old, fgs !

Last edited:
Jail calls: Family of dead toddler's mother begs her to cooperate with police, stay away from boyfriend

Feb 19, 2019

"The parents and friend of a woman charged in the death of a toddler begged her to be more forthcoming about how the boy died and to stay away from her boyfriend once she was released from jail, according to newly released recordings of jail phone calls.

Those pleas apparently fell on deaf ears.

Victoria Toth, 24, is charged with aggravated manslaughter of a child in her 2-year-old son Jayce Martin’s death July 18 at a home on Bethune Drive. Her boyfriend, Johnathan Pursglove, is facing the same charge. An autopsy showed Jayce suffered a “sucker punch,” stomp or kick so hard it burst his intestines. He then went three days without medical treatment, which authorities likened to torture.

In response to a public records request, the Orange-Osceola State Attorney’s Office released seven phone calls between Toth, her parents and Jayce’s father while she was in the Orange County Jail in September....

Pursglove, who is in the Orange County Jail because he was allegedly caught with marijuana after his release on bond, denied harming Jayce....

But once Toth was released, she visited Pursglove in jail at least 10 times, his mother testified at his bond hearing last month. The revelation caused a judge to deny Pursglove bond. The judge also said it could be a violation of Toth’s bond...

Prosecutors filed a motion last week asking a judge to modify Toth’s bond to say she cannot have contact with Pursglove or his family...."

Jail calls: Family of dead toddler's mother begs her to cooperate with police, stay away from boyfriend
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Officers are comparing me to Casey Anthony,' mom of boy in 'torture case' told parents (with clip)

Feb 20, 2019

"ORLANDO, Fla. - Newly released jailhouse phone calls provide insight into how a woman arrested in connection with the death of her 2-year-old son was adjusting to life at the Orange County Jail.

In July, Johnathan Pursglove beat Jayce Martin to death in what was described by detectives as a case of torture, police said.
Pursglove and Victoria Toth, his girlfriend and Jayce's mother, face manslaughter charges in connection with the boy's death.
In the newly released calls with Toth's parents, she did not mention Jayce while listing what was wrong with her life since her arrest.

"I'm confused. I miss you guys. I miss my bed. I miss Johnathan. I miss food," she said. "I haven't even been able to eat. I've had a couple of pieces of bread in the four days I've been here. And some water."

Toth told her parents that her case was drawing comparisons to another case involving an Orange County woman who had been charged in connection with the death of her child.

"The officers are comparing me to Casey Anthony," she said....

During that hearing, Judge Gail Adams learned that Toth had moved in with Pursglove's sister.

"What I've heard today could in fact be in violation of her bond," Adams said.

Toth was released from jail after paying bail, but visitation logs said she returned to that jail to visit Pursglove at least 10 times.

A court hearing is scheduled for Friday to determine if adjustments should be made to Toth's bond conditions, because of the revelations of Pursglove's last hearing."

'Officers are comparing me to Casey Anthony,' mom of boy in 'torture case' told parents

child1_1536626212284_12920864_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, February 22nd:
*Bond Condition Hearing (@ am ET) – FL – Jacye Martin (2) (July 18, 2018, Orlando; tortured & beaten to death w/toilet seat) - *Victoria Toth (24) “mom” arrested & charged (9/15/18) with aggravated manslaughter. $50K bond. Posted bond & released.
Only for *Jonathan Pursglove (25) arrested & charged (9/21/18) with aggravated manslaughter. Bond denied.
Hearing on 2/22 for Pursglove re bond.

Amanda McKenzie‏ @AmandaMckNews Jan 30
UPDATE: Jail records show Victoria Toth visited Johnathan Pursglove 10 times since Christmas. This violated the judge’s ‘no contact’ order. Both charged with aggravated manslaughter on a child. Her 2-year-old son Jayce Martin’s bruised body was found in a pool of vomit #FOX35

DyL30qHUUAA0ch5.jpg

DyL30qIU8AAiEDm.jpg

DyL30qGVsAEltrx.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Field Sutton‏ @FSuttonWFTV Feb 22

I'm in court this morning for a bond modification hearing involving Victoria Toth, who's accused of killing her 2yo son Jayce Martin last July. #WFTV

Toth's boyfriend Johnathan Pursglove is also charged with manslaughter in this case. During a recent hearing of his, it came to light that Toth had been visiting him in jail and living with his sister. The judge was not pleased. #WFTV

Today's hearing addresses a motion from the prosecution to have Toth forbidden from any further contact with Pursglove or his family. #WFTV

Prosecutors are giving background of the case and recapping what was learned about Toth's ongoing connections to the Pursglove family at the recent hearing. #WFTV

Prosecutor recaps original bond situation: “She was given a $50,000 bond, however there were no conditions placed on her release.” #WFTV

Defense says not allowing Toth to live with Pursglove's sister would be cruel: “She lives with the co-defendant’s sister, who’s an adult woman and has a 13-year-old son. It’s the only way she can live.” #WFTV

The judge is questioning whether there's any factual basis for believing there's malfeasance involved in Toth living with Pursglove's sister. Prosecutor says no. #WFTV

Prosecutor: “I have a concern. The sister is a material state witness. She has testimony to offer from around the time of the child’s death.” #WFTV

Prosecutor: “It’s possible Ms. Toth if not being protected, is at least being coached by the co-defendant’s family.” #WFTV

Judge is denying the motion to bar Toth from living with Pursglove's sister. She will be able to continue to live there, but basically has to not talk about the case with her on the honor system. #WFTV

Toth is barred from further contact with Pursglove or his mother. The hearing is over. #WFTV

Field Sutton Retweeted Jae Onasi

To be clear, that's my description. Not the court's. But how else do you describe it? No one will be there to monitor their conversations. It's also important to note that it was discovered Toth had never been given conditions of bond. Which is why she didn't go to jail today.

---Jae Onasi‏ @JaeOnasi
Replying to @FSuttonWFTV
Really? The honor system? I cannot comprehend how the judge can believe that she would not talk about the case when she was willing to meet at least 10 times with Pursglove in violation of _his_ court order.
6:24 AM - 22 Feb 2019
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mother charged in toddler's death to remain free despite jail visits to boyfriend, judge rules

February 22, 2019

"The mother charged with manslaughter in the death of her toddler can keep living with her co-defendant boyfriend’s sister, a judge in Orange County ruled Friday....

Senior Judge Emerson R. Thompson, Jr. found Friday that Toth never received the written conditions of her release, which told her not to contact Pursglove. She was allowed to walk out of the courthouse Friday morning instead of returning to the Orange County Jail....

The trial is scheduled for July."

Mother charged in toddler's death to remain free despite jail visits to boyfriend, judge rules

Last edited:
There is no court case open for Pursglove.

Toth:

Docket:
Date Description Pages Doc Request
Doc
7/15/2019 HEARING - Trial - Adams, Gail A

6/25/2019 HEARING - Case Management Conference - Adams, Gail A

6/18/2019 HEARING - Pre-Trial Conference - Adams, Gail A
2/22/2019 Per the Court:
Comments: State's Motion to Modify Bond is hereby Granted in Part and Denied in Part. Defendant is to have NO Contact with Co-Defendant Johnathan Pursglove and/or his Family. Defendant is Allowed to Live at the Residence she is Residing in. Defendant is NOT to Discuss the Case with the Sister. State is to Prepare a Written Order.

Hearings:

Date Hearing Time Location Pages Doc

7/15/2019 Trial - Adams, Gail A 9:00 AM Room 18-D On The 18th Floor

6/25/2019 Case Management Conference - Adams, Gail A 8:30 AM Room 18-D On The 18th Floor

6/18/2019 Pre-Trial Conference - Adams, Gail A 8:30 AM Room 18-D On T

link: https://myeclerk.myorangeclerk.com/...Z3gGlAcHRN233FUAl8MsZDw6+t7eCFRAQ7IfPe6CuTwM=

for Pursglove:

3/13/2019 Motion to Withdraw
Comments: AS COUNSEL
(Frank J. Bankowitz, defense attorney Motion to Withdraw as Counsel.)

link: https://myeclerk.myorangeclerk.com/CaseDetails?caseId=10801771&caseIdEnc=/ZIT2feNILySOrENzXBBBGLXKxc/PWRoIJS7J5JZP6wdj6wWT8UR8SyxH5VfGlm5U1Y59HMCf4eNdQhafo1qM//iENzpZ7Oj1qQWPtVA3j0=

for Toth:

3/12/2019 Notice of Taking Deposition(s)
on 6/5 @ 2pm Christopher McCreless Orlando Police Department 1250 West South Street Orlando, FL 32805
2:20 p.m.Amanda WhiteOrlando Police Department

link: https://myeclerk.myorangeclerk.com/CaseDetails?caseId=10702000&caseIdEnc=kmDGCXbzLpYZZsCtp1mlNLtDpsQ1cYtdU4bwBt2UYLcLsr0RZ/yTovnU802Z2IzQGYIiRTpg9MgS3gmr+tRe8OQ89qi5cDPybMcJGVr7zJA=

'He tells me this is something that we are supposed to go through': Florida mom charged with killing her two-year-old son claims his ghost comforts her in jail (with clip)

12 April 2019

"Victoria Toth and Jonathan Pursglove are charged with aggravated manslaughter of a child over the July 2018 death of Jayce Martin

Orange County police say the suspects have been keeping in contact even though the were ordered not to

But Toth has since been released from jail and maintained contact with Pursglove

Orange County jailhouse records show that the two have been in communication and the conversations are centered on Jayce

'I talk to Jayce and he tells me that this is something that we are supposed to go through,' Toth said

She added: 'Hearing Jayce tell me that we're going to get through it gives me something to hold onto' ..."

Florida mom charged with killing her two-year-old son claims his ghost comforts her in jail | Daily Mail Online

Toth:

7/15/2019 Trial - Adams, Gail A 9:00 AM Room 18-D On The 18th Floor

6/25/2019 Case Management Conference - Adams, Gail A 8:30 AM Room 18-D On The 18th Floor

6/18/2019 Pre-Trial Conference - Adams, Gail A 9:00 AM Room 18-D On The 18th Floor

link: https://myeclerk.myorangeclerk.com/...342QgQIrEb704IcfcibqkpTfxfjkeVB6yjTT7DGUbwxI=

Changes for:
Pursglove:

Docket:
Date Description Pages Doc Request
Doc
10/14/2019 HEARING - Trial - Adams, Gail A

10/8/2019 HEARING - Case Management Conference - Adams, Gail A

10/1/2019 HEARING - Pre-Trial Conference - Adams, Gail A

7/8/2019 HEARING - CANCELED-Cancelled Trial - Adams, Gail A

6/25/2019 HEARING - CANCELED-Cancelled Case Management Conference - Adams, Gail A
6/18/2019 HEARING - CANCELED-Cancelled Pre-Trial Conference - Adams, Gail A
6/5/2019 Amended Notice of Taking Deposition(s)
Comments: SECOND

Hearing Dates:
10/14/2019 Trial - Adams, Gail A 9:00 AM Room 18-D On The 18th Floor

10/8/2019 Case Management Conference - Adams, Gail A 8:30 AM Room 18-D On The 18th Floor

10/1/2019 Pre-Trial Conference - Adams, Gail A 8:30 AM Room 18-D On The 18th Floor

7/8/2019 CANCELED-Cancelled Trial - Adams, Gail A 9:00 AM Room 18-D On The 18th Floor

6/25/2019 CANCELED-Cancelled Case Management Conference - Adams, Gail A 8:30 AM Room 18-D On The 18th Floor

6/18/2019 CANCELED-Cancelled Pre-Trial Conference - Adams, Gail A 8:30 AM Room 18-D On The 18th Floor

link: https://myeclerk.myorangeclerk.com/...H19YoKzjSH6WGlkbNEUt4lpN4cD8tafmgJSoeE58bFrU=

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Emh88
Back