FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jen spoke or txt rob each morning, through the day , and last thing at night. Was the morning txt/call when she woke ? Or getting ready ? Or once on the move in the car?

Okay, I'm back with the easy to find link:

Snipped quote: That evening, Jennifer talked to her Father, Mother, Brother and later with some friends and her boyfriend by phone as usual and that was the last anyone has seen or heard from Jennifer – Telephone call to her boyfriend at 9:57 pm 1/23/06 – Monday night.
http://jenniferkesse.com/

I'm working on the link for the interview where Rob gives a brief time frame for the length of the call. I really want to find that. So, probably tomorrow evening.

Truth Prevails wrote: "We have nothing about that knock on the door, other than that it occurred. We don't know that it happened at 8:00 pm or 9:00 pm or while Jenn was talking with Rob. We don't know and it's not fair to put that on Rob. "

I agree. What I was saying was a confirmation of how long phone call was (even approximately) and whether knock on door happened during that call (especially!) would be of great benefit in moving case forward in conjunction with timestamps of pings.

Rob is only one that can answer those two questions (not necessarily when knock too place if earlier, but whether it took place during his call). I also understand that infomation has been withheld all these years and that an investigator is really the one who needs these answers, but it's been 12 years and we're the only ones asking questions, so questions need to be taken in that context. :)

So don't know that we'll get answers, and not putting anything on Rob that he can't answer, but really answers to questions that can be answered are needed to move finding out what happened to Jennifer forward.

Thanks Truth!
Thank you back. All is good. :)

I think , as jen apparently always spoke or txt rob in the morning (at whatever point) that if she did then leave with someone willingly (if she left at all alive..)she would have txt/spoke as normal, mentioning this? As this didn’t happen, does this point to a evening event?

I can’t figure out the flat looking like she left as normal tho , as it can’t be normal, as she didn’t speak to rob?!?

I believe it was a morning abduction and the POI was the perpetrator. Whether the POI acted alone is open to question.

IIRC Jennifer was in bed at the time of the 9:57 phone call. It had been a long and tiring day so why would she get out of bed, dress and go out again?

I believe it was a morning abduction and the POI was the perpetrator. Whether the POI acted alone is open to question.

IIRC Jennifer was in bed at the time of the 9:57 phone call. It had been a long and tiring day so why would she get out of bed, dress and go out again?

This scenario has her day going as normal (assuming the lack of call to rob was because she would call once on the road) until she leaves the flat? But the landscape gardeners did not see her or her car? So she must have left very early , for a reason?

So, I read that JK was in the habit of going out onto her balcony to talk on her cell ( better reception). Did she do so that night ? Or were all calls on the landline ? Also, did the back stairs to the condo lead to this balcony ? And did one enter through sliders from that balcony ? Mr. Kesse said about the knock at her door : JK did not answer the door. And he also said "It was a guy ". If he got no answer at the front door, could he have gone around to the back stairs, and maybe gotten into her condo that way ? I thought I read that a scent dog traced her scent to that back stairway ?

Have thought about whether Jennifer might have received a phone call on her cell from a co-worker asking her to arrive early for some compelling reason which was maybe meant for her harm. For that reason, the cellphone battery would have been removed to prevent that call from ever being detected.

I ask you this as someone very knowledgeable on the case, Myserty.

As it stands now, is there any indication that Jennifer got up the next morning and got ready to go to work other than Kesses believed the shower to have been used that morning?

Jennifer's cell phone, which was usually always on and used as alarm clock by Jennifer, was off from 10:40 pm the night before. I'm just looking for one hard indication Jennifer used her condo after that, for example got ready for work, or something missing that at least seemed she headed out the door to go to work, etc.

The "it looked like she got ready for work" from the family isn't cutting it for me. What do we have that you know of?

thanks

Thanks for the heads up rd_jfc.

I know no more than anyone else and simply use my own logic based on numerous abductions, homicides and cold cases I have looked at over many years.

I must admit I have swung back and forth like a pendulum between what I consider the two main possibilities in this mystery.
But back to the matter at hand.

That Monday had to be a tiring one for Jennifer. She had driven back to her workplace from Fort Lauderdale and then put in a full day at work.
From what I gather her job was a responsible one and with responsibility there is usually pressure.

Even at only 24 years of age she must have been ready for sleep by 10pm.

So what on earth could have lured her out of her condo at that hour? More so when not far down the road it was not deemed not to be a safe neighbourhood.
Is this what a security conscious person would do?

The above indicates she slept that night and things went bad the next morning. JMHO.

Have thought about whether Jennifer might have received a phone call on her cell from a co-worker asking her to arrive early for some compelling reason which was maybe meant for her harm. For that reason, the cellphone battery would have been removed to prevent that call from ever being detected.

But both phones stopped working that night ?

I read an account this weekend that the young man's phone that was left at Jennifer's Condo was his work phone, not his personal phone and that according to the ping pattern for that phone, the battery had gone dead over the weekend. SO many stories have been told which make this puzzle like a moving target. I am trying to assimilate any and all info I can find and see if there is a prevailing theme.

I read way back that LE took scent dogs into the heavily wooded area behind the condo. They got a hit. No word that these were cadaver dogs, so I'll assume she was alive at that point. JK being taken into the wooded area at some point during the abduction makes sense, if she had been taken down the back steps. Also, isn't there an area of water near that wooded area ? if so, I would bet that that's were the phones were tossed. jmo

Just to be clear, there's three phones involved; Jennifer's cell phone (also used as alarm clock as I do), Jennifer's landline which she last used in a phone call with her bf at 9:57 pm, and her brother's friend's cell phone left from the weekend visit, which she was asked to send back ASAP.

The info given to Mr. Kesse by Verizon (and I have always said this was clearly analysis from the phone carrier), was that both cell phones were disabled (my words) around 10:40 pm. The technical info that Kesse repeated in his post indicated technical indications of battery removal.

Thanks for the heads up rd_jfc.

I know no more than anyone else and simply use my own logic based on numerous abductions, homicides and cold cases I have looked at over many years.

I must admit I have swung back and forth like a pendulum between what I consider the two main possibilities in this mystery.
But back to the matter at hand.

That Monday had to be a tiring one for Jennifer. She had driven back to her workplace from Fort Lauderdale and then put in a full day at work.
From what I gather her job was a responsible one and with responsibility there is usually pressure.

Even at only 24 years of age she must have been ready for sleep by 10pm.

So what on earth could have lured her out of her condo at that hour? More so when not far down the road it was not deemed not to be a safe neighbourhood.
Is this what a security conscious person would do?

The above indicates she slept that night and things went bad the next morning. JMHO.
I won't pretend to know as much about the case as you do, but I have to disagree on that one point. I believe she was abducted that night, not the next morning.

I think that one of the main reasons why this case hasn't been solved is that LE screwed the pooch by bungling the timeline early on.

I read an account this weekend that the young man's phone that was left at Jennifer's Condo was his work phone, not his personal phone and that according to the ping pattern for that phone, the battery had gone dead over the weekend. SO many stories have been told which make this puzzle like a moving target. I am trying to assimilate any and all info I can find and see if there is a prevailing theme.

I believe what you read was pure conjecture and shame on the conjecturer for muddying up the water.

I have seen many conjectures that the battery of the other cell phone went dead. That was a flat out WAG made moot by the info given to Kesse. The info was that both phones were disabled around 10:40 pm, not, and I direct this to the source of this stuff, there was something going on with Jennifer's phone and the other phone must have been dead.

Also, there is no such thing as a ping pattern indicating a battery went dead. There could be a cessation of pings, but that happens when phone is turned off. There could be something that the phone sends when battery level reaches a low threshold but I doubt it. That would just use up precious remaining power that might be needed for an emergency, like maybe why the battery has not been recharged. Also there is no such thing as knowing how much power is needed to make one last contact, it depends on close the tower is.

All in all, the source, and I'm sure it wasn't here on WS, is full of crap.

but thanks for making us aware of what's going on with some of these conjectures.

I believe what you read was pure conjecture and shame on the conjecturer for muddying up the water.

I have seen many conjectures that the battery of the other cell phone went dead. That was a flat out WAG made moot by the info given to Kesse. The info was that both phones were disabled around 10:40 pm, not, and I direct this to the source of this stuff, there was something going on with Jennifer's phone and the other phone must have been dead.

Also, there is no such thing as a ping pattern indicating a battery went dead. There could be a cessation of pings, but that happens when phone is turned off. There could be something that the phone sends when battery level reaches a low threshold but I doubt it. That would just use up precious remaining power that might be needed for an emergency, like maybe why the battery has not been recharged. Also there is no such thing as knowing how much power is needed to make one last contact, it depends on close the tower is.

but thanks for making us aware of what's going on with some of these conjectures.

Okay, thanks for that. The phone info is vital to understand a possible timeline. Would think it would be more clear,but jmo. Wonder why Mr. Kesse later discounted the battery removal info ?

This doesn't have anything to do with the case, but my knowledge of technology retired when I did, does the particular make of phone, example: LG, Samsung, Apple, etc. and the carrier, example: Verizon, Sprint, etc. have any bearing on a "ping", or is a ping just a ping regardless? Appreciate your expertise on this.

I'm going through the podcasts now. The 10:40 PM power off of both phones is a myth. The friend's phone's battery went dead over the weekend and Jennifer's mother said LE never told her that Jennifer's phone went dead the night before. Her mother says this early on the podcast. So we really don't know when her phone went dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow