GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm jumping in without reading the last 4 pages.

My opinion on what the jury must be up to:

There is at least one holdout who thinks Dunn won self defense. The other jurors said Aw H*ll No and so they plan on hanging on that charge (all the murder charges).

That holdout (or holdouts) are trying to say that it can't be attempted murder against the other kids because it was self defense, so they must want to hang on the attempted murder charges, too. The rest of the jury is trying to convince them that the shooting into the car as it's driving away is a separate thing from the original murder/self-defense question.

But there is just no way that an entire jury could agree on self defense here, imho. I don't have a lot of hope for Florida juries because there are some weird popular views there about what the laws mean for juries in court cases, imho, but surely that can't affect an entire jury in a case this obvious?

(I swear they need to have a required course in high school about respected legal opinion on what juries are supposed to do, not do, listen to, throw out, etc. That would be good everywhere, AAMOF.)

IMO... And this is going off on a little tangent... People have been institutionalized and required to obey for most of their lives. Public schools never allowed them to learn to think for themselves. Heck, 17-18 still need to ask permission to use the restroom!
The first opportunities to think for themselves and have their opinions count comes far too late for most.

This is what happens when they're given this sort of power ...they "loose it"!

IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sounds promising.

how many hours of deliberations now?

Retweeted by Larry Hannan
Andrew Pantazi ‏@TU_Court 2h
We are now at 25 hours of jury deliberation. #DunnTrial

This is 2 hrs ago and doesn't acct for lunch and breaks iirc

Retweeted by Larry Hannan

This jury is still trying to come together. Still no quit. Still no resolve. I suspect there will be an Allen charge at some point today.

Larry Hannan ‏@LarryHannan 5m
We are now at 27 hours of deliberation. #DunnTrial

I can't speak for anyone else, but I stopped watching shows that had him on a long time ago. I have no clue why he's invited on any show to talk about anything.

I agree. I immediately change the channel when the camera shows his face.

His ex is very confrontational and starts arguments with total strangers, not to mention people she knows (like when she threatened to beat up her own mother). She's a very bad role model. Fortunately, my son has full custody and she can only see my grandson with my son present. IMO, teaching my grandson not to start fights with strangers is very good advice [modsnip]

Your grandson doesn't need the burden of worrying about his mother being shot. He's five years old.

Dunn's defense did not use Florida's "stand your ground" law in this case.

Which Florida self defense laws do you suggest be revised?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/michael-dunn-jury-day-deliberations-verdict/story?id=22495493

Respectfully, BBM. We need to bring back the old castle doctrine statute that required a duty to retreat on behalf of the shooter BEFORE they fired lethal shots (or any shots). I'm not a gun owner nor will I ever be, but the way the the laws are now, it truly is the Wild West in my state. Shoot first and ask questions later.

page 39 of the police reports http://www.actionnewsjax.com/media/...-a53d-42910c38cd50/jso_reports_interviews.pdf during the phone call between LE and MD just prior to his being taken into custody:

upon being told LE would like to speak with him MD responds that he knows what this is about and "I acted in self defense, the guys were getting out of the truck."

When told he need to report to the nearest police station MD's response was "this sucks"

It was not til his video taped interview that MD "remembered" to inform LE he thought he saw a gun. His very FIRST statement to LEO was that the guys were getting out of the truck.

:rolleyes:

yes but as a friend mentioned elsewhere to me, although technically the Stand Your Ground defense is not being put forth in this trial, simple self defense is being used, the media continues to discuss stand your ground in relation to this case which has caused no small amount of confusion.

I see I have confused them as well. Some of you might remember my views on Zimmerman (not a popular view), I still think the cases are not similar at all. But, maybe that is influencing some of the holdouts for self-defense in this case.

After this trial, I am now questioning prudence of conceal weapons, even though I don't think it would make a difference in this case.

This bothers me, and my hinky meter says it could be part of the hold-up.

1. If a cop car was there, why didn't the victims stop?

2. Perhaps they didn't see the cop car (a strong possibility)

3. There WAS a gun in the car. I remember testimony that the defense said LE failed to properly search the bushes and Dumpsters for any weapons the teens may have ditched.

4. If a cop car was right there, why didn't he respond? Why didn't he hear gun shots?

This is all very confusing to me, and I'm thankful I'm not on that jury.

My thoughts that they come to a resolution soon. Even if it's a hung jury, I wouldn't mind. Just not an acquittal.

MOO

Mel

First LE on scene had an arrestee in his car. Concern about safety could have been a problem.

OT: chocolate cake in progress made with boxes mix, water and Greek yogurt with semisweet chocolate chips folded in. I am jonesing for chocolate. Frosting will be melted semisweet chocolate chips folded into Greek yogurt, sort of a ganache!

:tantrum: SHUT UP!!! :stormingmad:

:blushing: Sorry.

sounds promising.

how many hours of deliberations now?

If the Sheriff was called it could be for protection. The verdict will be given to the judge first. Then he contacts the prosecution and defense.

I just finished watching "Reversal of Fortune" a great trial movie.

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 3m
Speak legalese? There's a court-affiliated website for #DunnTrial where you can see full timeline, documents, etc: http://bit.ly/1bU60OF

I had Nancy Grace on last night, and some old dude from Oregon called in. Said he was retired military. He was convinced that since Jordan's friends didn't take him to the hospital but instead came back to the scene, that they left just to ditch the shotgun. He claims he watched the whole trial.

So, I asked my common sense, if they were taking him to a hospital, wouldn't there be many points along the way to ditch a (non-existent) shotgun? Not to mention that they may not have known where the nearest trauma center was and that an ambulance could get there quicker while doing CPR, etc. But this is what this guy took away from this trial.

I would hang that jury rather than acquit on any of the accounts. But I'd never have been on the jury in the first place, so..........

page 39 of the police reports http://www.actionnewsjax.com/media/...-a53d-42910c38cd50/jso_reports_interviews.pdf during the phone call between LE and MD just prior to his being taken into custody:

upon being told LE would like to speak with him MD responds that he knows what this is about and "I acted in self defense, the guys were getting out of the truck."

When told he need to report to the nearest police station MD's response was "this sucks"

It was not til his video taped interview that MD "remembered" to inform LE he thought he saw a gun. His very FIRST statement to LEO was that the guys were getting out of the truck.

:rolleyes:

I remember Jacksonville detective making call to Rhonda's cell phone when first contact was made. Any clue how they got her number? Did Rhonda call Jacksonville LE and Dunn didn't know about that. How would LE know Rhonda's name to even get her cell number?

It is also possible, however disgusting, that there are people contacting the news stations in support of having him as a guest.

I see what your saying, then it's a numbers game. HLN has a targeted audience and they are not playing to minorities collectively. Jmo

ciao

IMO... And this is going off on a little tangent... People have been institutionalized and required to obey for most of their lives. Public schools never allowed them to learn to think for themselves. Heck, 17-18 still need to ask permission to use the restroom!
The first opportunities to think for themselves and have their opinions count comes far too late for most.

This is what happens when they're given this sort of power ...they "loose it"!

IMO

Or maybe they think they are taking it back when on a jury? I've noticed that they seem to act as if the State is always trying to pin something on an innocent person, like they automatically distrust the State very much and want to find any way the defendant must be being scr#wed. Perhaps it's projection. They are paranoid about being scr#wed by the State themselves, imho.

I lived in a former Soviet Block country right after Sovietism fell there. It's amazing (but understandable) how the paranoia can creep in and color views of situations that have nothing to do with what the person is actually afraid of (the State, there) :( The people at my plant had weird conspiracy theories about our yarn suppliers, lol ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member