GUILTY FL - Jordan Davis, 17, shot to death, Satellite Beach, 23 Nov 2012 #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember Jacksonville detective making call to Rhonda's cell phone when first contact was made. Any clue how they got her number? Did Rhonda call Jacksonville LE and Dunn didn't know about that. How would LE know Rhonda's name to even get her cell number?

Are we sure that Rhonda's cell phone isn't in Dunn's name? She seemed so dependant that she couldn't walk into a convenience store and pay for her own drink and snacks without waiting for him to give her money. She may refer to it as her cell phone, but it could be a second phone on Dunn's account. Just speculating. It is an interesting question!

MOO

I had Nancy Grace on last night, and some old dude from Oregon called in. Said he was retired military. He was convinced that since Jordan's friends didn't take him to the hospital but instead came back to the scene, that they left just to ditch the shotgun. He claims he watched the whole trial.

So, I asked my common sense, if they were taking him to a hospital, wouldn't there be many points along the way to ditch a (non-existent) shotgun? Not to mention that they may not have known where the nearest trauma center was and that an ambulance could get there quicker while doing CPR, etc. But this is what this guy took away from this trial.

I would hang that jury rather than acquit on any of the accounts. But I'd never have been on the jury in the first place, so..........

:eek: Good grief, they went back to get help. They just had the crap scared out of them. They saw people, and went for help.

I agree with your common sense. If they were going to dump a non-existent gun, they probably would not have ditched it at the scene, but elsewhere.

Most of the jurors, per reports, seemed to be well/fairly well educated people. I do not think MD is walking free ever again even if they hang on Murder 1 verdict.

Respectfully, BBM. We need to bring back the old castle doctrine statute that required a duty to retreat on behalf of the shooter BEFORE they fired lethal shots (or any shots). I'm not a gun owner nor will I ever be, but the way the the laws are now, it truly is the Wild West in my state. Shoot first and ask questions later.

Totally agree. In the time it took MD to shoot up a car full of kids he could have dialed 911. He has spent all this time in jail and thousands of his parents dollars on his defense he could have had a different outcome.
He should have called 911 sometime in that 24 hrs. We are taught Do Not Take The Law in our own hands. He is a menace to society and wanted to use that gun. Guilty IMO

Or maybe they think they are taking it back when on a jury? I've noticed that they seem to act as if the State is always trying to pin something on an innocent person, like they automatically distrust the State very much and want to find any way the defendant must be being scr#wed. Perhaps it's projection. They are paranoid about being scr#wed by the State themselves, imho.

I lived in a former Soviet Block country right after Sovietism fell there. It's amazing (but understandable) how the paranoia can creep in and color views of situations that have nothing to do with what the person is actually afraid of (the State, there) :( The people at my plant had weird conspiracy theories about our yarn suppliers, lol ;)
It's not always paranoia though..lol
Ask anyone who has to deal with the IRS or any agency and spend their life savings over nonsense just to defend themselves.

I don't think its a conspiracy, it's a pretty blatant abuse that occurs on a daily basis, and nothing is usually done about it.

I remember Jacksonville detective making call to Rhonda's cell phone when first contact was made. Any clue how they got her number? Did Rhonda call Jacksonville LE and Dunn didn't know about that. How would LE know Rhonda's name to even get her cell number?

On page 39 of that same police report officer states the number was obtained from a witness - possibly the landlord of the MD residence but it is unclear as the name of individual who supplied it is redacted.

I had Nancy Grace on last night, and some old dude from Oregon called in. Said he was retired military. He was convinced that since Jordan's friends didn't take him to the hospital but instead came back to the scene, that they left just to ditch the shotgun. He claims he watched the whole trial.

So, I asked my common sense, if they were taking him to a hospital, wouldn't there be many points along the way to ditch a (non-existent) shotgun? Not to mention that they may not have known where the nearest trauma center was and that an ambulance could get there quicker while doing CPR, etc. But this is what this guy took away from this trial.

I would hang that jury rather than acquit on any of the accounts. But I'd never have been on the jury in the first place, so..........

You're right. Why ditch a gun so close to the scene of the crime?

It bugs me to no end that some folks keep saying that the teens "fled the scene." They didn't flee the scene, they fled a madman shooting their car up. They "drove" (if you can call backing up through a parking lot "driving") to the where they just left because they knew people were there.

Also, if Dunn was so afraid of the "gangsters" then why did he drive by them in the adjacent parking lot… and why didn't the "gangsters" shoot at his car as he drove by?

IMO, Dunn's story just doesn't add up.

Now that I am thinking about this incident, it brings a tear to my eye. In my heart of hearts, I know I would do it again. I am usually very courteous, polite and soft spoken. That is until I see acts of injustice and bullies like Dunn. I have spoken out against injustices, directly and indirectly.

Most of the instances have been when I worked in the ER. An abusive cop, rude doctors treating their patients unjustly, residents who wanted to practice intubating a dead baby while grieving parents waited outside, a foreign doctor who grabbed a chart out of my hands as I was giving report to another nurse are just a few examples.

I did not use a gun. I used my words. The bullying, rude or aggressive behavior stopped immediately. I am personally compelled to speak up where others remain silent. That is just me. Right, wrong or indifferent. JMV

Strong people stand up for themselves. Heroes stand up for others. You are one of the rare heroes in this world.

I wondered about that too. Maybe the car was in her name?

I am going to guess the verdict come within the next 6 hours. I have to leave in a few minutes and will be completely out of cell phone and internet contact for that long.

In one of his letters, Dunn told her to get him the title of his car so he could sign it over to her to sell.

I think the phone is probably in his name or they identified her from the surveillance video.

I've seen some tweets saying that tomorrow would have been Jordan's 19th birthday. :(

I don't like that the Black Panthers are at the courthouse protesting, cuz it may make this case soley about race when I think the more pertinent issue is FL gun laws (though I do think race was a factor, as evidenced by the " music" and "" comments in MD's letters.

I wonder if the students protesting are from the Dream Defenders? This is a group of students that formed during the GZ case. IMO, they are a great group of (mostly) minority students working to create real change, without being violent. http://dreamdefenders.org/#what-is-dream-defenders

The Jetta definitely was in his name, as his letters indicate that he was suggesting to "Baby" (RR) that his attorney request that the State release his car to him. He was offering to sign the title over so she could sell it to alleviate her financial worries.

Are we sure that Rhonda's cell phone isn't in Dunn's name? She seemed so dependant that she couldn't walk into a convenience store and pay for her own drink and snacks without waiting for him to give her money. She may refer to it as her cell phone, but it could be a second phone on Dunn's account. Just speculating. It is an interesting question!

MOO

IIRC, from reading all the police documentation, Rhonda's number was obtained from the Sheraton or B&B reservation.

Anyone have video of Dunn Standing up to object to the judges comments to he jury today?!

MOO

Not sure u can get cell numbers from info. Just very curious how LE got her cell number. I think she secreted a call to le

On page 39 of that same police report officer states the number was obtained from a witness - possibly the landlord of the MD residence but it is unclear as the name of individual who supplied it is redacted.

Possible. I think Rhonda would have had the morals to secret a call as soon as she could. She was scared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michelemelton03