Missing Person Case
Kawana Lashan Holmes – The Charley Project

• Missing Since05/01/1996
  • Missing FromWest Palm Beach, Florida
  • ClassificationMissing
  • Date of Birth07/25/1974 (44)
  • Age21 years old
  • Height and Weight5'0 - 5'2, 90 - 120 pounds
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsAfrican-American female. Black hair, brown eyes. Holmes has a scar on her right leg and may have a scar on her left leg.
Details of Disappearance
Holmes was last seen in the 1400 block of north Flagler Drive in West Palm Beach, Florida on May 1, 1996. She has never been heard from again. Authorities believe she may be homeless. Her case remains unsolved.

21 and presumed to be homeless? sad.

I just wonder....why would a young woman 21 of age, having children, suddenly is fading away from the face of the earth. What went on in her live...her head....why homeless....?

I wish all the family members a good live and all the best....I'm going to unwatch this thread.

I just wonder....why would a young woman 21 of age, having children, suddenly is fading away from the face of the earth. What went on in her live...her head....why homeless....?
Where are you seeing she had children?

I will watch this thread. I try to look at the much lesser known cases.

Where are you seeing she had children?

I will watch this thread. I try to look at the much lesser known cases.

Because of a person who said she was her daughter, talking about siblings posted on the thread in the link when Kawana was brought up as a possible match to the Jane Doe. Off course it could be someone else, but this person sounded sincere.

According to My Heritage Kawana was living here in 1995. I don't know how accurate this is.

Places of residence
Dec 1, 1995
519 22nd St, Apt D, West Palm Beach
Florida 33407-5855, USA

I wonder what the living arrangements were. Was she living with her parents and children? Alone with her children or with a husband and children. Is Holmes her maiden name or a married name? Did she use nicknames? Was there a significant other? Where was she born? Did she grew up there? How was her life in general? How did she get the scar(s) on her leg(s)? Friends, brothers/sisters still around, who know something more?

What was she doing at 1400 block Flagler Dr, West Palm Beach, FL? Visiting somebody, working, or was she living there when she went missing?

It's all so very vague and there is very little to find about her.

News - video and print - Monday, December 12th 2022; photos included.

1671136955132.png 1671136980853.png

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (CBS12) — In 1997, a mother from West Palm Beach was reported missing. Her daughter is speaking out 25 years later, hoping to learn what happened to her.

In March of 1997, Kawana Holmes' mother Shirley Chery Johnson reported her missing to the West Palm Beach Police Department.

During the news conference, police didn't say much but they do say there were rumors that Holmes may have crossed paths with a serial killer, CBS12's Lena Salzbank reports. (WPEC)

However, authorities believe she had already been missing for a year. Police said that Holmes was known to be transient, her three children lived with her mother. But without any updates from Holmes, Johnson called the police.

Her last known activity was in February 1996. Police say court records from this time showed Holmes was in Duval County after she was placed under arrest for prostitution and controlled substance charges.

The West Palm Beach Police Department held a news conference on Monday afternoon. The department released new information and said she was at Good Samaritan Hospital on Flagler Drive at one point. Later, they said she might have been in the company of another person in the Liberty City Section of Miami.

“Hopefully we get some leads here. Since this incident, we haven't gotten any leads. And now that we are marketing this, getting the message out, we're looking to get some leads. And once we get some leads, we're going to be committed to bringing closure to this family,” said Frank Adderly, the chief of police for the West Palm Beach Police Department.

Holmes' daughter 31-year-old Sadrarrin Rowe, who was 4 years old when her mother went missing, spoke at the conference.

“I am here, standing as a woman, because she was a mother who bore me here, and she did not vanish in thin air and somebody knows something,” said Rowe.

The West Palm Beach Police Department wouldn't answer what steps were taken over the last 25 years to solve this missing persons case but they do say there were rumors that Holmes may have crossed paths with a serial killer.

The family said no matter what unfolds during the investigation they just want closure after over two decades.

News - video and print - Monday, December 12th 2022; photos included.

View attachment 387787 View attachment 387788

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (CBS12) — In 1997, a mother from West Palm Beach was reported missing. Her daughter is speaking out 25 years later, hoping to learn what happened to her.

In March of 1997, Kawana Holmes' mother Shirley Chery Johnson reported her missing to the West Palm Beach Police Department.

During the news conference, police didn't say much but they do say there were rumors that Holmes may have crossed paths with a serial killer, CBS12's Lena Salzbank reports. (WPEC)

However, authorities believe she had already been missing for a year. Police said that Holmes was known to be transient, her three children lived with her mother. But without any updates from Holmes, Johnson called the police.

Her last known activity was in February 1996. Police say court records from this time showed Holmes was in Duval County after she was placed under arrest for prostitution and controlled substance charges.

The West Palm Beach Police Department held a news conference on Monday afternoon. The department released new information and said she was at Good Samaritan Hospital on Flagler Drive at one point. Later, they said she might have been in the company of another person in the Liberty City Section of Miami.

“Hopefully we get some leads here. Since this incident, we haven't gotten any leads. And now that we are marketing this, getting the message out, we're looking to get some leads. And once we get some leads, we're going to be committed to bringing closure to this family,” said Frank Adderly, the chief of police for the West Palm Beach Police Department.

Holmes' daughter 31-year-old Sadrarrin Rowe, who was 4 years old when her mother went missing, spoke at the conference.

“I am here, standing as a woman, because she was a mother who bore me here, and she did not vanish in thin air and somebody knows something,” said Rowe.

The West Palm Beach Police Department wouldn't answer what steps were taken over the last 25 years to solve this missing persons case but they do say there were rumors that Holmes may have crossed paths with a serial killer.

The family said no matter what unfolds during the investigation they just want closure after over two decades.
Wow...!!! It "only" took 25 years to finally get the word out about what was going on in Kawana's life at the time. Also, I'm so happy to see the new picture of her with her beautiful smile. The family seems to have stepped over particular feelings around their mother being a sex-worker and addicted. That is brave. For what it's worth: Nothing but respect and compassion from me. Being open about that will bring this case further IMO.

What serial killer are we talking about? Would be interesting to know.

Wow...!!! It "only" took 25 years to finally get the word out about what was going on in Kawana's life at the time. Also, I'm so happy to see the new picture of her with her beautiful smile. The family seems to have stepped over particular feelings around their mother being a sex-worker and addicted. That is brave. For what it's worth: Nothing but respect and compassion from me. Being open about that will bring this case further IMO.

What serial killer are we talking about? Would be interesting to know.
Wow your insight was so astonishing. Did you know she was a sex worker for a fact? Did you know she was addicted to drugs? Do I need to have a detective reach out to you? Maybe you can provide some more helpful details.

Wow your insight was so astonishing. Did you know she was a sex worker for a fact? Did you know she was addicted to drugs? Do I need to have a detective reach out to you? Maybe you can provide some more helpful details.
If I hurt you, I'm sorry.

• kawana_lashan_holmes_1.jpg
    holmes_kawana2.jpg
    holmes_kawana3.jpg
Holmes, circa 1996

It's not really clear what date she was last seen. Appears to be anywhere from Feb/Mar to May 1996. There really needs to be a consensus on this so all agencies involved are working with the same information.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluestlamb
Back