Found Deceased FL - Kelly Glover, 37, visiting from Utah, Ft Lauderdale, 9 Jan 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The recent reviews on this hotel are interesting, to say the least. From hotel staff having to open hotel room doors with coat hangers, to stained carpet in the hallways and someone's description of: "The staff were pleasant but the carpet was stained and had pattern I can only describe as blood splatter cover-up. " - maybe not a place you'd walk around with no shoes.

I find this very odd as well. Not just that I'd never leave a sleeping roomie with an open door, but also - I travel most of the year for work. It's VERY difficult to leave a hotel door "slightly open" - they're heavy and deliberately designed to almost slam behind you. The only way I know how to leave a door slightly open is to open the hatch on the catch lock thing you can only operate from inside the room and make that what prevents the door from closing. I can see doing that quietly enough not to wake the roomie, but I can't see leaving a Westin door "slightly open" without something blocking it.
RSBM.

This is what is confusing to me as well. Hotel doors are notoriously heavy like you said and swing shut, I can’t understand how one could be left slightly open...unless she held it so that it slowly shut, but didn’t click into the actual door frame/lock, does that make sense? So it wouldn’t be open exactly, but not closed either.
ETA: I see others have the same thought, sorry for the repeat!

The recent reviews on this hotel are interesting, to say the least. From hotel staff having to open hotel room doors with coat hangers, to stained carpet in the hallways and someone's description of: "The staff were pleasant but the carpet was stained and had pattern I can only describe as blood splatter cover-up. " - maybe not a place you'd walk around with no shoes.
Dexter said it was spatter. Doubt it.

RSBM.

This is what is confusing to me as well. Hotel doors are notoriously heavy like you said and swing shut, I can’t understand how one could be left slightly open...unless she held it so that it slowly shut, but didn’t click into the actual door frame/lock, does that make sense? So it wouldn’t be open exactly, but not closed either.
ETA: I see others have the same thought, sorry for the repeat!
Plenty of hotel rooms have heavy doors that do not auto-close. And some doors stick.

Thank you for sharing this

Many reviews also complain of ongoing construction.
(I realize there would not be construction at 2:00 am.)

Maybe she heard something in the stairwell?
Has it been determined how close her room was to the stairwell?

Water bottle? Was she looking for an ice machine (reason door was just propped open as it was close by), found the one on her floor out of order and just thought she'd bop down the adjacent stairs to find a working one?
Exactly i sure hope this doesnt turn into another case like the young woman found in the hotel freezer - hope they search every inch of that hotel!!!

Thank you for sharing this

Many reviews also complain of ongoing construction.
(I realize there would not be construction at 2:00 am.)

Maybe she heard something in the stairwell?
Has it been determined how close her room was to the stairwell?

One review said it went as late as 10 PM though - so maybe you would need a sleeping aid if you were turning in early before a day of conferences etc.

This is extremely odd.

I hope ALL footage is checked, as she could have doubled back, gone down a hall, etc.

Anyone call fall victim to a fugue state, even without known previous problems.

I hope she is found wandering or hunkered down somewhere outside. I hope everyone checks their backyards in that area.

This case reminded me of one I had seen on a show. A woman was last seen inside of her hotel hallway on security cameras, and no footage showed her ever leaving the building, yet she was missing. A detective started pouring over all the security footage and noticed a man leave with a very large suitcase....that by his posture and the way he had to lift it out of an elevator seemed very heavy. It did turn out that this man had literally kidnapped a woman and had her in large piece of rolling luggage and that's how he got her out of there!

Last edited:
I took a sleeping pill once I think was ambien I’m not sure. My fiancé found me in our hallway of our condo at 3am. I was waiting for the elevator. I had one sock on. I was basically asleep. Oh and I had a box of macaroni with me. I’m glad he found me! Never again have a taken anything for sleep.

I took a sleeping pill once I think was ambien I’m not sure. My fiancé found me in our hallway of our condo at 3am. I was waiting for the elevator. I had one sock on. I was basically asleep. Oh and I had a box of macaroni with me. I’m glad he found me! Never again have a taken anything for sleep.

So scary. A friend has told me similar stories - including one where she ate two packages of oreos in her sleep! EEK.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth
Back