Found Deceased FL - Kelly Glover, 37, visiting from Utah, Ft Lauderdale, 9 Jan 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Ty Russell on Twitter
I’m at a pond in Fort Lauderdale where a body was found of a woman who disappeared this week. Kelly Glover was from Utah. We are speaking to family about their loved one. @CBSMiami
EOCJPDoX4AAr72P.jpg
EOCJPD0XsAI39Zn.jpg

5:20 PM - 11 Jan 2020

Ty Russell on Twitter
A woman just placed flowers here near the spot where Kelly Glover’s body was found. Glover is the woman from Utah who disappeared in Ft Lauderdale. @CBSMiami
EOCUaodXsAEWCJp.jpg

6:09 PM - 11 Jan 2020

just read in an article that the coworker/roommate woke up to find Kelly missing with the door ajar at 4am. her husband was panicked/knew something was up when he hadn’t heard from Kelly by 9am (wondering if that was local UT or FL time). Roommate called him at that point.

Does anyone find it odd the roommate didn’t call or contact him earlier? I know he was out of state but wouldn’t you think maybe he should know or might have some sort of idea what was up... perhaps he talked to her after roommate fell asleep.

In the hours between I wonder if roommate went back to sleep bc she wasn’t that worried about Kelly stepping out. Or she was consumed with trying to find her.

JMO

According to her roomate on FB, she went to hotel security when she discovered her missing at 4 AM, then they called the police. (not verified MSM, just her own words in a public post)

Per one of the articles I posted, she had a close friend with her. Not clear whether it was just for one night or for the week. It was not a coworker.
I don't have any idea about who she was staying with. Coworker or friend. I was just mentioning the location of the hotel to Cypress Creek Road & I95. Apologies if it was confusing.

ETA: sad to hear they found her body in the water behind the hotel.

Last edited:
https://ksltv.com/428950/utah-woman-goes-missing-while-on-business-trip-in-florida/

“was of Glover walking out a side staircase at 2 am and toward an open swamp area, where crews were searching.”

This was under the Facebook post in the article above.

Had she been out drinking at dinner with coworkers? Did her friend go with her to dinner? I’d really get the side eye and relentless questioning if I brought a friend with me on a work trip. It’s not like a vacation, at least mine wasn’t.

I don’t get the walking towards an open swamp area. I would smoke around the pool area or near an exit - was she a smoker? What else would she be doing out there in the middle of the night? Especially if you had to get up and work the next morning.
Prayers and peace for her family.

This case reminded me of one I had seen on a show. A woman was last seen inside of her hotel hallway on security cameras, and no footage showed her ever leaving the building, yet she was missing. A detective started pouring over all the security footage and noticed a man leave with a very large suitcase....that by his posture and the way he had to lift it out of an elevator seemed very heavy. It did turn out that this man had literally kidnapped a woman and had her in large piece of rolling luggage and that's how he got her out of there!

that case is here on WS somewhere

Will be interesting to know if she took Ambien or something else. Toxicology should tell. Strange.

Any locals know for sure if there are gators in the lake/pond/bog? KG for whatever reason she was out possibly grabbed by a gator and taken into the water. Happened to a child, Lane Graves, at Disney a number of years ago.

Will be interesting to know if she took Ambien or something else. Toxicology should tell. Strange.

Any locals know for sure if there are gators in the lake/pond/bog? KG for whatever reason she was out possibly grabbed by a gator and taken into the water. Happened to a child, Lane Graves, at Disney a number of years ago.
All freshwater in these parts of florida have gators. Maybe mostly six footers but could have a 10. Both can kill you. People need to be careful especially at night.

No clue if she took a sleep aid like Ambien but that’s what it sounds like to me with no prior history of this sort of thing. Ambien can be super dangerous with well documented cases of people walking, driving, eating etc with zero memory of it the next day. Happened to me once and it scared me to death! I was told about it the next day and now, 9 years later, still have no memory of my activities.

Anywhere in this part of the south, assume that if there is water, there is at least 1 gator. This lake/pond has what looks like a walk in/ almost boat ramp looking thing down at one end- probably to clean it, as you know some folks love to dump trash. Pond against buildings in city at dusk | on EyeEm

I took a look at an aerial view of the hotel. That water comes from the Intercoastal Waterway. Swamp it is not.

Last edited:
I just don’t imagine any woman stepping out at 2AM in jammies- with door propped open- going far. Nevermind to water’s edge. I originally thought maybe ice machine/soda/snack machine? Quick trip down hall. She’d be thinking of safety of self & roommate? I’ll be stunned if no foul play. No media reports of psych or drug issues that I’ve seen. And 50 easier gentler paths to suicide if that was the goal. Just not making sense!

I just don’t imagine any woman stepping out at 2AM in jammies- with door propped open- going far. Nevermind to water’s edge. I originally thought maybe ice machine/soda/snack machine? Quick trip down hall. She’d be thinking of safety of self & roommate? I’ll be stunned if no foul play. No media reports of psych or drug issues that I’ve seen. And 50 easier gentler paths to suicide if that was the goal. Just not making sense!
I'm not convinced either. If the hotel room doors shut and lock when let go, then she would have made a conscious decision to prop the door open.

Is this the sort of decision one could make on Ambien? I don't know. Seems like if she could make that decision, she could avoid the water.

I'm glad they found her. I hope the medical examiner's findings are conclusive but I do wonder if that's possible if she was indeed in the water for 48 hours.

Last edited:
Wish I knew if she was a smoker or not. If she’s a smoker, I lean towards foul play. Out having a cig and someone happens by and it’s a crime of opportunity.

If she doesn’t smoke, then I’m saying it’s Ambien. It makes you do weird stuff you have no idea you’ve done til someone tells you. Kinda like Roseanne doing Ambien tweeting. JMO

Heartbreaking for the family. She was in the prime of her life. :(

That said, foul play just doesn’t add up here. No video footage of another individual following her, no mention of a “person of interest” which you nearly always hear about from LE if they suspected it, no real evidence of any kind indicating that.

This seems like a tragic accident. I would bet heavily on that. Whether she was on something that altered her mental state or abilities is up in the air right now. Guessing she got too close to the water and either fell in or a gator got her, but if that were the case you’d expect the body to not be preserved because I doubt the gator would pull her into the water and then just let go and leave.

Suicide also really doesn’t make sense. It’s part of the human condition that if placed in a drowning situation your instinct is to thrash and fight to live. Drowning oneself is a very rare way to do it. I personally put the odds of it being an accident over 90% right now. Same with no foul play.

How deep is that water right at the edge? Why not just sit by the pool for a smoke, think, drink, whatever? I just can’t imagine going to stand by some dark edge - I’d be scared of bugs, fire ants or whatever creepy crawly thing would be there.

How deep is that water right at the edge? Why not just sit by the pool for a smoke, think, drink, whatever? I just can’t imagine going to stand by some dark edge - I’d be scared of bugs, fire ants or whatever creepy crawly thing would be there.
And, was the surface slick? Had it rained? Did she know how to swim? MOO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth