Found Deceased FL - Kelly Glover, 37, visiting from Utah, Ft Lauderdale, 9 Jan 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
https://ksltv.com/428950/utah-woman-goes-missing-while-on-business-trip-in-florida/

“was of Glover walking out a side staircase at 2 am and toward an open swamp area, where crews were searching.”

This was under the Facebook post in the article above.

Had she been out drinking at dinner with coworkers? Did her friend go with her to dinner? I’d really get the side eye and relentless questioning if I brought a friend with me on a work trip. It’s not like a vacation, at least mine wasn’t.

I don’t get the walking towards an open swamp area. I would smoke around the pool area or near an exit - was she a smoker? What else would she be doing out there in the middle of the night? Especially if you had to get up and work the next morning.
Prayers and peace for her family.

So much does not add up but FLPD do no suspect foul play.

Reportedly, her unidentified friend (co-worker?) went to bed around 9 PM and KG was still up. Hotel surveillance show KG on hotel stairs around 2 AM without shoes. Friend wakes up at 4 AM and KG is gone and door is ajar. No reports of KG on footage outside hotel at this time. Husband says wife if usually responsive and has never has she gone past 9AM without reply to his early morning texts -- he knew something must be wrong.

KG's sister believes she went swimming -- but found dead in the Lake? Reportedly there's no fence between the hotel pool and the lake except for concrete bulwark.

I don't know. Unless a hotel suite, it's hard to stay up when roommate goes to sleep at 9 pm. If one wants to go swimming at 2 AM I'd hardly think to go past the pool, climb the concrete barrier and jump in the lake.

I'm thinking either suicide or Ambien related. MOO

Utah woman found dead in lake behind Fort Lauderdale hotel, police confirm

A review of publicly available photos of the hotel’s pool deck and patio shows that it is not fenced in, and that a concrete bulwark that looks almost like a sea-wall separates it from the pond.

Westin is a nicer brand of hotels, I think it is quite possible they would have a camera on that exit.

I have stated in many hotels and agree with the latch or placing something heavy at the floor to keep the door ajar. That also makes the door very visibly cracked open to anyone passing. I really cannot imagine this woman placing the friend in that position under a normal circumstance for anything other than being down the hall quickly.

I think it is possible a friend traveled with her or met her from another area in Florida.
No info on unidentified friend but it's winter in Utah and KG wouldn't be the first to invite a friend along on a quick trip to sunny Florida.

So much does not add up but FLPD do no suspect foul play.

Reportedly, her unidentified friend (co-worker?) went to bed around 9 PM and KG was still up. Hotel surveillance show KG on hotel stairs around 2 AM without shoes. Friend wakes up at 4 AM and KG is gone and door is ajar. No reports of KG on footage outside hotel at this time. Husband says wife if usually responsive and has never has she gone past 9AM without reply to his early morning texts -- he knew something must be wrong.

KG's sister believes she went swimming -- but found dead in the Lake? Reportedly there's no fence between the hotel pool and the lake except for concrete bulwark.

I don't know. Unless a hotel suite, it's hard to stay up when roommate goes to sleep at 9 pm. If one wants to go swimming at 2 AM I'd hardly think to go past the pool, climb the concrete barrier and jump in the lake.

I'm thinking either suicide or Ambien related. MOO

Utah woman found dead in lake behind Fort Lauderdale hotel, police confirm

A review of publicly available photos of the hotel’s pool deck and patio shows that it is not fenced in, and that a concrete bulwark that looks almost like a sea-wall separates it from the pond.
And if your roommate is sleeping & you want to go for a swim, you don’t leave your door propped open with your sleeping female colleague inside. And your phone/purse/belongings.

It REALLY doesn’t add up.

Why is ambien suspected? Usually short-term Rx, confusion can be side effect... but I’ve seen no reporting on issues with insomnia/anxiety/ prescriptions. Where is the ambien angle coming from?

Autopsy will reveal if she drowned or ended up in water after death. Either way hinky- jmoo.

Missing Utah woman found dead in Florida, family says

Jan 11, 2020

SALT LAKE CITY — Kelly Glover, the Utah woman who went missing this week on a Florida business trip, was found dead Saturday, family members announced on Facebook.

Glover, 37, was last seen on Wednesday night at her hotel after traveling to Florida on Tuesday. She had planned to stay there for the week.

Glover's husband, Adam Bremer, said she went to dinner with a friend who was staying with her on Wednesday night.
[..]

Bremer said he first knew something was wrong when he hadn't heard anything from Glover in the morning.
[..]

Bremer said there is footage that shows Glover going down the hotel stairs at 2 a.m. to an exit that leads out to open land and water. She was wearing pajamas, a light sweater and socks.
[..]

Ryan Glover told KSL Kelly was an "experienced traveler" and a "very independent person."

And if your roommate is sleeping & you want to go for a swim, you don’t leave your door propped open with your sleeping female colleague inside. And your phone/purse/belongings.

It REALLY doesn’t add up.

Why is ambien suspected? Usually short-term Rx, confusion can be side effect... but I’ve seen no reporting on issues with insomnia/anxiety/ prescriptions. Where is the ambien angle coming from?

Autopsy will reveal if she drowned or ended up in water after death. Either way hinky- jmoo.

Nothing specific reported here. Just google Ambien stories - always possible theory when you read of odd behavior at 2 AM while in your PJ's.

Since she was found in a pond or pool, it’s safe to bet she left the hotel building, regardless of not finding footage on video.

Leaving in jammies and socks at 2 am, leaving roomie asleep with door ajar. That doesn’t sound logical. I’m not thinking she consciously made the decision to do that.

Was she wearing a robe? Did she bring one? What would be the reason for going out to the pool area? That time of night? Again, nothing I can think of makes sense unless it was for a smoke. IMO I did that plenty of times when it smoked.

57769822.jpg
So many places to sit if not sleepy, but going thru the heavier landscaped area to gaze or swim in that dark unknown water?

Swimming in the pool - maybe.

How long had they been there?

Wonder how often hotel security or personnel walked the perimeter or checked the pool area at night?

KG arrived in Florida on Tuesday and something must have been off soon after. She went to dinner with an unidentified friend staying with her on Wednesday evening and was last seen on video footage at 2 AM on stairs leading outside-- dressed in light sweater, pj's and no shoes. Family states she was an experienced traveler.

Sad and hinky....:eek:

Nothing specific reported here. Just google Ambien stories - always possible theory when you read of odd behavior at 2 AM while in your PJ's.
I spoze. That’s why I hop on WS when I have insomnia instead of taking sleep meds. :D I have no stories to tell, but y’all aren’t sleuthing what happened to me either.

Ambien or no ambien, I still say smthn not right w this case.

I spoze. That’s why I hop on WS when I have insomnia instead of taking sleep meds. :D I have no stories to tell, but y’all aren’t sleuthing what happened to me either.

Comments reported by a family member came off strange to me: Does not think there's foul play involved. Noted no fence between the pool and the pond at the Westin. Thinks she drowned, and glad it's over because it could have gone on [search] 20-30 more days.

I don't think I can recall manner of death comment made to media (by family) same day body of the missing recovered. Makes me wonder if wrongful death suit forthcoming?

Noting:

That friend, a realtor, has shared details on her own Facebook page. “Hi. Kelly Glover is missing. We are in Ft. Lauderdale Florida on a work trip and she slept walk out of the hotel room at 1:48 am yesterday morning and we have not been able to locate her. We have called the local police and have an investigation going. Please spread the word,” she wrote.

In a comment, she added, “She left the room at 1:48 am. I didn’t hear her leave and when I woke up at 4 am I saw the front door was ajar and got up to close it and noticed she wasn’t in her bed and then realized she wasn’t in the room. So I went to the front desk and then called the police. No cameras have her leaving the building. It’s just awful.”

and...

he also wrote, “So we were able to find a camera that confirmed she left the hotel with a white shawl on and a water bottle in her hand. We also had a canine sniff around and confirm her path in the hotel. It was so hard to watch a dog search for your missing friend. Right now the detectives are in a room and have been talking for 2 hours.

Was she sleep walking?

It is so hard to believe she was in her right mind, leaving the door unlocked/ajar, while her friend was asleep. That could have been another tragic incident right there....

But besides the door left ajar, why walk to a lake at 2 am, in your jammies and sox? Was it self harm?

Was she sleep walking or on ambien? Or having a mental issue?

So many questions unanswered....RIP Miss Kelly.

Noting:

That friend, a realtor, has shared details on her own Facebook page. “Hi. Kelly Glover is missing. We are in Ft. Lauderdale Florida on a work trip and she slept walk out of the hotel room at 1:48 am yesterday morning and we have not been able to locate her. We have called the local police and have an investigation going. Please spread the word,” she wrote.

In a comment, she added, “She left the room at 1:48 am. I didn’t hear her leave and when I woke up at 4 am I saw the front door was ajar and got up to close it and noticed she wasn’t in her bed and then realized she wasn’t in the room. So I went to the front desk and then called the police. No cameras have her leaving the building. It’s just awful.”

and...

he also wrote, “So we were able to find a camera that confirmed she left the hotel with a white shawl on and a water bottle in her hand. We also had a canine sniff around and confirm her path in the hotel. It was so hard to watch a dog search for your missing friend. Right now the detectives are in a room and have been talking for 2 hours.
So the roommate knows 1:48 because... LE told her that’s when she was spotted on video? Hard to ascertain a specific time if you are sleeping.

She also states “slept walked” out of room & “fell” in water. How do you know if you’re sleeping?

Husband states she has no history of sleepwalking.

Odd info emerging. MOO

I live about 10-15 min from this place. A gator is a huge possibility. And yes, they kill and then hide the bodies under logs or whatnot until decomposition starts before they feed. It happens a lot here in Florida.

People keep asking if it was a co-worker. But according to this it was a realtor friend of hers.

Also partway down the article a relative interviewed who says, “Kelly we love you. We know you didn’t mean for this to happen”...just an odd thing to say..WAS it suicide and the realtor friend had come along to make sure she didn’t attempt anything? ...another oddity is the husbands Facebook. He never begs someone to return her he just directs posts to her asking her to come home

i personally think she was depressed, had been drinking at dinner, maybe combined meds with booze, decided to sit by the lake to chill and a gator grabbed her. That could be why LE says no foul play immediately. either that or suicide and she texted something to that nature or left a note

Yes, I have insomnia at times---but I watched my neighbour do something crazy on ambien one night, so I NEVER have tried it.

She knocked on our door at 2 am---I happened to be up and on laptop---but she politely asked if we had peanut butter because she was making cookies---If not, she was going to drive to market....she was wearing her nightgown. :rolleyes:

I gave her jar of PB. The next day I saw her on her front porch. I waved, asked her about her cookies---she looked so confused. :eek:

She woke up and found big mess---never actually baked cookies but mixed a bunch of stuff in bowl---Never remembered doing it and HAD NO IDEA SHE CAME TO OUR HOUSE. lmao

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth
Back