FL FL - Leila Cavett, 21, of GA (son Kamdyn, 2, found wandering streets), Miramar, 27 July 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think we know if she owns the white truck.
Also, apparently her license was suspended due to being a no show at court for a traffic ticket of some sort.
Don't know if she still has the Corolla.
So I don't think she could even buy a car or SUV if one became available.

The Corolla is marked as SOLD on the post. A friend/ex love interest sent her a photo(s) of his new truck saying “look at my new truck” and she replied with, “look at mine” and a few photos of the same truck they found. I’m not sure that it’s legally hers but she claims it to be.

Well then who else’s truck is it? Gah. VIN number?
Don't know. Back several pages I read it might belong to a friend or relative, there was some question about it....but I would never be able to find it again nor whether it was from a report or from family. No clue.
Maybe someone here remembers.

How do they know she was driving that truck exactly again? Well, more questions than answers, maybe it’s upstream. I know I bolded the vehicle description.
Yes, her license was suspended on 03/18/2020. FTA for ticket received on 10/3/2019. But she can still sell a car with a Bill of Sale, just maybe can’t get it registered and tagged.
CORRECTION 10/3/2019

“The Dawson County Sheriff’s Office confirmed that Cavett was in Dawsonville in February, when a family member filed a report claiming that Cavett had been using crack cocaine at a residential home.”

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/broward/article244579327.html

Do we know if there were custody issues/ tension because of this?
After she went to Ohio in Jan. 2020, she moves in with Robin McPherson Jenkins, her grandmother. Not sure of the timeline, but eventually she's out of grandmother's. She moved in with Dawsonville locals, not family.

VIDEO.
Missing Georgia mom’s father speaks out amid search in Broward
''Curtis Cavett spoke with 7News on Thursday. He is asking for the public’s help on the search for his daughter, 21-year-old Leila Cavett.

“She just needs to be with her son. She just needs to be with her family,” he said. “Whoever out there who knows any information or whereabouts on where is Leila Cavett, I would like to say, please put your effort forward.”

The concerned father said he’s certain someone out there knows something, especially after learning her truck, a white, mid to late ’90s Chevy 3500, was found in an often busy parking lot at the Walmart near U.S. 441 and Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood on Wednesday.

Hollywood Police continue to collaborate with Miramar Police on the investigation.

As police continue their search, Leila’s grandfather, Robert Ferdinand, also asked the public to keep looking.

“Her face is all over TV, Facebook, in the news, and she’s recognizable,” he said.''

''Her father said he has a message for her.

“Baby, I love you more than the world, and you can always call your dad,” he said. “Just reach out to me as much as you possibly can. If you can just get to that phone, I will get to you.”

So either she panicked because she somehow lost her son. And now she is afraid of coming out.

Or she is with this man she was communicating with and disappeared somehow. Would this person actually do something to her while he knows he possibly can be traced?

I don't think she contacted him via a sugar-daday-esq site. Because those people are as discrete as you can be. I see a lot of post talking about the dangers, but those sugar-daddies cannot afford any trouble whatsoever. They usually have wives, and/or a well paid job. They want absolute discretion, and certainly not a bad review.

Its usually the guys on the fringes that can be vague and unpredictable. She posted several things on fb for sale so anyone could have seen that and contacted her IMO.

So either she panicked because she somehow lost her son. And now she is afraid of coming out.

Or she is with this man she was communicating with and disappeared somehow. Would this person actually do something to her while he knows he possibly can be traced?

I don't think she contacted him via a sugar-daday-esq site. Because those people are as discrete as you can be. I see a lot of post talking about the dangers, but those sugar-daddies cannot afford any trouble whatsoever. They usually have wives, and/or a well paid job. They want absolute discretion, and certainly not a bad review.

Its usually the guys on the fringes that can be vague and unpredictable. She posted several things on fb for sale so anyone could have seen that and contacted her IMO.

I think Walmart would be a strange place to meet for a Sugar Daddy?

Not necessarily likely, but a possible scenario? speculation, imo.
Wondering if there were any carjackings/theft of vehicles in the Hollywood area since KC was found?
In recent times in Toronto anyway, there have been a number of carjackings including ones that have children still in the car.
The perp/s upon discovering the child, puts them out of the vehicle and often continues to take off until they ditch that one and find another one to take.
In Leila's case, maybe they did the same, but held on to LC because she is a young female.
This short cctv video from Houston, shows what i mean..
''Houston police say a 10-month-old baby girl was found safe after the truck she was in was carjacked from a gas station in northeast Houston Friday morning''.
It is my opinion, no would carjack the truck she was driving. It's huge and is a gas guzzler. Not the typical vehicle to be jacked.

This is so scary after the release of info about the guy she met online she may of felt comfortable bringing her son along to see him and things went very wrong. Being a mom of a couple girls that’s a parents nightmare they seem to have no fear meeting people online. Jmoo, I hope they find her alive and well

It is my opinion the truck has something to do with what happened to Leila. She was selling a small sedan, perfect for her and Kamdyn. She indicated she was in need of an SUV ASAP. Why did she need a bigger a vehicle? Find the reason behind that and you will have a strong clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sylvanianvicious