GUILTY FL - Lisa, 26, Zachary, 7, & Savannah Freiberg, 2, murdered, Lutz, 12 May 2008

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sorry for not doing the tweets today, I was gone all day.

Elaine Silvestrini ‏@ElaineTBO 5m5 minutes ago
Buffington to discuss effects of #EdwardCovington's medications on him.

Elaine Silvestrini ‏@ElaineTBO 3m3 minutes ago
When #EdwardCovington was an infant, he received an extreme overdose of antibiotic, resulting in 30 percent hearing loss, Buffington says

Elaine Silvestrini ‏@ElaineTBO 44s44 seconds ago
#EdwardCovington had multiple Baker acts, as recent as 19 days before killing.

Elaine Silvestrini ‏@ElaineTBO 31s31 seconds ago
#EdwardCovington had a gastric bypass. That changes and creates an erratic response to different medications.

Elaine Silvestrini ‏@ElaineTBO 1m1 minute ago
#EdwardCovington had recently had his mood stabilizing drugs changed before the murders.

Elaine Silvestrini ‏@ElaineTBO now7 seconds ago
"There's not a cure for bipolar disorder," Buffington says. #EdwardCovington

Elaine Silvestrini ‏@ElaineTBO 5m5 minutes ago
#EdwardCovington had lost access to medication when he lost his job/insurance. Got them back when Baker Acted

Elaine Silvestrini ‏@ElaineTBO 4m4 minutes ago
#EdwardCovington admitted using cocaine intermittently.

In 2005, #EdwardCovington was found depressed and disheveled and with 3 dead cats in the house, Buffington says.

On April 20, before killings, #EdwardCovington had cut himself, possible suicide attempt, Baker Acted. May have done it to get medication

Some side effects of drugs #EdwardCovington was taking include hallucinations, abnormal thinking, paranoia and abnormal thinking.

Elaine Silvestrini ‏@ElaineTBO 2m2 minutes ago
Buffington agrees with prosecutor that #EdwardCovington had a long history of abusing cocaine.

#EdwardCovington said he was disciplining Heather Savannah and Lisa intervened immediately before murders, Buffington agrees.

Then #EdwardCovington and Lisa had a discussion that escalated, Buffington agrees Covington told him.

So Covington worked several years prior to the killings as a correctional officer? That is some screening process they got there.

So Covington worked several years prior to the killings as a correctional officer? That is some screening process they got there.

Hi, Cuckoohead!

I have missed you! This guy is something else for sure. He remembers everything he did, so he was not crazy when he killed Lisa and the kids.

Psychiatrist Alfonso Saa takes the stand in #EdwardCovington penalty phase.

Elaine Silvestrini ‏@ElaineTBO 1m1 minute ago
He did a psychiatric consult when #EdwardCovington was brought to hospital right after he was caught for the murders.

Elaine Silvestrini ‏@ElaineTBO 8s8 seconds ago
#EdwardCovington was eligible for involuntary commitment under the Baker Act, Saa testifies.

#EdwardCovington had a history of bipolar disorder, Saa testifies.

Elaine Silvestrini ‏@ElaineTBO 56s56 seconds ago
#EdwardCovington had a history of substance abuse and had taken an overdose of multiple substances, Saa says.

Elaine Silvestrini ‏@ElaineTBO 36s36 seconds ago
"At the time, it was my opinion that he was dangerous to himself," Saa says re #EdwardCovington

JMO he is sane but in a crazy psycho nature. Brutal what he did

Elaine Silvestrini ‏@ElaineTBO 4m4 minutes ago
Retired @TampaPD corporal says he responded in january 2005 when #EdwardCovington called. He was on the floor, face down, crying. +

+ #EdwardCovington said he didn't want to die that way. His wife had F---ed him. There were parts of dead cats all over the apartment.

There were "skin smears and hair where it looked like the animals had been struck on the counter" looked like skull in the sink

Elaine Silvestrini ‏@ElaineTBO 33s33 seconds ago
This was a little over a year before he killed and maimed his girlfriend and her children. #EdwardCovington

JMO he is sane but in a crazy psycho nature. Brutal what he did

I agree Zoey, no one in their right mind could commit the crime this person did. Psyco but sane is probably correct!

State attorney's office didn't file charges in the case of the dead cats. #EdwardCovington

#EdwardCovington said that day he had overdosed on alcohol. Only injuries he had were cat scratches.

Ronnie Covington, father of #EdwardCovington, takes the stand

Elaine Silvestrini ‏@ElaineTBO 47s47 seconds ago
Ronnie Covington said he was in the Navy and gone for much of his son's childhood. Sometimes, son wouldn't recognize him.

Elaine Silvestrini ‏@ElaineTBO 45s46 seconds ago
When he got out of the Navy, Ronnie Covington was steered by son, #EdwardCovington, to work as a corrections officer

Elaine Silvestrini ‏@ElaineTBO 16s17 seconds ago
#EdwardCovington was "3 or 4 academies ahead of me and was quite helpful to me at that time," his father says.

Elaine Silvestrini ‏@ElaineTBO 31s31 seconds ago
#EdwardCovington wanted to be a Navy pilot, but couldn't because of hearing loss from antibiotic overdose

Elaine Silvestrini ‏@ElaineTBO 39s40 seconds ago
#EdwardCovington was able to get private pilot license, so he could fly, but never with the Navy, his father says.

Elaine Silvestrini ‏@ElaineTBO 36s37 seconds ago
"He took courses, every course he could his hands on through the criminal justice system" to be law enforcement

Elaine Silvestrini ‏@ElaineTBO 26s26 seconds ago
"He wanted to help people...He would have made a great detective," father says of #EdwardCovington

Elaine Silvestrini ‏@ElaineTBO 28s29 seconds ago
#EdwardCovington would never be put on the street in law enforcement, his father says, because of his bipolar disorder.

Elaine Silvestrini ‏@ElaineTBO now9 seconds ago
#EdwardCovington's father begins to weep when he talks about son finding love with his first wife.

Elaine Silvestrini ‏@ElaineTBO 40s41 seconds ago
"That's when his career, his life, everything started to downward spiral. I tried to steer him away from her," father says

Elaine Silvestrini ‏@ElaineTBO 25s25 seconds ago
She had a cocaine charge, and father tried to warn him off. but he loved her. "He stayed with her and his whole life went downhill"

Elaine Silvestrini ‏@ElaineTBO 9s9 seconds ago
"He was trying to kick the habit of cocaine and I told him that I'd be there day and night to help him through whatever he was experiencing"

Elaine Silvestrini ‏@ElaineTBO 20s20 seconds ago
"He couldn't beat it," father says of #EdwardCovington's cocaine use.

Hi, Cuckoohead!

I have missed you! This guy is something else for sure. He remembers everything he did, so he was not crazy when he killed Lisa and the kids.

This is an adult who made the decision to quit taking his med/s right? This is an adult who decided to do coke right? What he did to that family was a result of his decisions.

He sure did remember a great deal of what he did to that mom and her two little kids. But he couldn't face up and admit to the sexual mutlations could he? There he draws the line? He murders little kids and freely admits to it?

He needs to go away and if the Judge gives him death I have no doubt he knew full well what he did.

I missed ya too (((Jewels)))! The no livestream court case withdrawls were killin me!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Herbstreit926
Back