GUILTY FL - Lonzie Barton, 2, Jacksonville, 24 July 2015 - #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The bolded part confuses me. I tried to find it at the link, but the link is giving me problems. When Ebron called police, he and (*advertiser censored*) noticed blood on their bed sheet? When was this because when Ebron made that 911 call, Lonna was at work? Is this clear to anyone else?

This is only thing I've read that suggests anything about making up the abduction..

When Ebron called police to his apartment July 24, he and [redacted] noticed "blood on their bed sheet" from Lonzie's drool, saying "they tried to hide the blood by folding the sheets over hoping the police would not find the blood," according to an incident report. At one point, he also allegedly acknowledged lying about the abduction.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story...groundbreaking-details-ebron-barton/76816922/

IMO he is trying to deflect blame onto Lonna.
My head is spinning too. As more and more info comes out, I have more and more questions.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

The bolded part confuses me. I tried to find it at the link, but the link is giving me problems. When Ebron called police, he and (*advertiser censored*) noticed blood on their bed sheet? When was this because when Ebron made that 911 call, Lonna was at work? Is this clear to anyone else?

Good point! Who else is he referring to? Maybe the roommate?

Try to Google
"Documents suggest Lonzie dead before reported abduction"

Hope that helps :)

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Ebron implored investigators to hear his side of the story, saying he wanted "this to end today." Pressed about what happened to Lonzie and the whereabouts of his body, Ebron nodded his head at one point, appearing to acknowledge that Lonzie was dead before [redacted] went to work, the report said.

This really bothers me. This means Lonna would also know that Lonzie was dead. He then tells LE that he deleted photos of Lonzie. To prove Lonzie was alive at the time he took the photos? Also, if it's true that he took the photos only one hour before he called police, that means the Lonzie can't be far away.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story...groundbreaking-details-ebron-barton/76816922/

RSBM

The laundry. So far I haven't been able to find out what happened to the laundry. If I'm correct, when RE phoned 911 to report the car/abduction he had placed the laundry in the washer only. So when, whom, picked up the laundry? That, in itself can be telling. Was Lonzie's green Tshirt or RE's black tank top in the wash?

They went to the laundry before Lonna goes to work...
from there she drives to Wacos right? (why is she driving) Raining also IIRC.
then she says she leans over and kisses her children goodbye.

I think the reason Lonna wouldn't let ppl see her face while giving her interviews was because someone saw her..........................sadly the ppl probably don't realize they could solve this crime....

IMO its lonna face they should have plastered all over
Have U SEEN HER!!!!

Here's an abridged summary of video 1 of Ebron's interview. I tried to keep it as concise as I could but there's a lot of discussion. You really have to watch it for yourselves. Some of the quotes may not be exact but they reflect the gist. This covers the timeline, starting at 45:10.

Ebron dropped Lonna off just before 8:30, goes to the ATM at 8:32, then to McDonald's then back to the apartment by about 8:45. He gave Lonzie a bath and “she” (the sister) was watching a movie. He says he can't remember what time (Dan?) and them got there but he dozed off until about 12.

He gave Lonzie his bath around 9, 9:30. The detective asks if he took the bath by himself. Ebron says normally he will because he takes a bubble bath and his sister couldn't because of (what he describes sounds like a urinary infection) “so she's been getting that medicine... medication...” The detective asks did he bathe them both together. Ebron says not that night. He bathed them together the night before and not the night before that. If Lonzie gets a bubble bath his sister can't bathe with him.

After that he dozed off. The sister was watching a movie and Ebron put Lonzie in the room with him. He says the sister was in the room too until (Danny and them? I can't quite make it out) came back and she went back out with them.

The detective asks “Did (Aaron?) go back to sleep? Ebron says he wasn't feeling good, he went to sleep maybe 20 or 30 minutes after his bath.

*I think the detective is referring to Lonzie as “Aaron” here.*

The detective asks what was wrong with him. Ebron says he just didn't want to eat. Lonna tried to feed him before she left, Ebron tried to give him something before she left and Lonzie was just fussy. The detective asks if he knows why,

Ebron says “no, I mean she (Lonna) said it's probably he's teething. She also had got ear drops, eye drops for him, and he was teething, so... Teething and sometimes he'd bite on there (indicating his cheek), scratch on there, whatever, but... A couple of time you see when he pulls his bottle out since he's sucking it he'd suck up like some gunk. He had “thresh” (thrush) so it would be like white and red. It would be at the tip of the bottle or what not. ”

The detective says “So he went to sleep say at 10? And then you fall asleep or you're already asleep when he falls asleep?” Ebron says “no, I was back and forth, I went upstairs, er, downstairs and grabbed one of those things, um, peach and cream pies, grabbed one of those, uh, came back up, had sweet tea – that spilled on the ground, um, went back downstairs, grabbed another one, grabbed my other drink, and uh...”

Ebron says Lonzie was asleep on the mattr... on the bean bag at the foot of the bed.

The detective asks, “So at what point do you wake up and decide to do laundry?” Ebron says he woke up about 12... “somebody had called me or text me or something...” He says it was “Adam.” The detective asks who that is and Ebron says he thinks it's his first cousin.

A discussion follows about Adam. Adam owed him $20. He stopped by and mistakenly gave Ebron $10 so he came back with $20. Adam didn't see Lonzie since Ebron went outside to meet him. Adam drives a white Impala.

After getting the money Ebron went back inside and started getting the laundry ready. When asked what made him decide to do laundry Ebron says “Cuz I was up. The night before she (Lonna) had did it but she only did hers so she said hey, tomorrow we'll do the rest of it.” Ebron says alright, since Lonna works he tries to help out - “take care of the kids, bathe him, do the dishes, certain things like that. It's like, alright I'll get the laundry. I woke up and just felt like finally doing something. Like I said, we slept the majority of the day.”

The detective asks what time he left to do laundry. Ebron hums and haws a bit and says maybe 20 or 30 minutes after Adam came back. Ebron was using the bathroom when Adam texted that he was back so he pulled his pants up and went out to meet him. Then he went back up and used the bathroom. He left with the laundry shortly after.

There's more discussion about Adam. The detective says it's an odd time to be collecting money owed so if it's about dope it's okay to say so since Adam won't want to confirm the story if it's about dope. They tell Ebron if it's something other than money then say that. So Ebron does.

Back to the laundry. The detective asks what Ebron is wearing. Ebron says a black tank top. They ask where the kids were sitting in the car. Ebron says “his was dead center cuz that was the only seatbelt that worked in the back. She (sister) was sitting up front with me.”

More discussion on what he was wearing. He had a black tank top on at the gas station (at 12). They ask about a white tank top, Ebron says no. He shows them the gray tank top he has on under his T shirt.

Discussion about “Brittney.” The detective asks if it's the same Brittney that works with Lonna – they cut a part out so I didn't hear the answer. Ebron met with her earlier in the day to look at a car she was trying to sell.

Ebron was at the gas station at 12:33. He says the kids were with him. He buys $8 gas at Bay Meadow Kangaroo then goes back to the house because he forgot the laundry detergent. They all went back inside for about 20 minutes before leaving again to the laundromat.

The detective verifies that they left for the laundromat from his house, so traveling north. He says “Are you sure about that?” Ebron says yes.

When Ebron got to the laundromat he says he dropped the stuff off, leaving both kids in the car. The sister had Ebron's phone. He parks in front, no one else is there.

End of video 1.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/ebron-disc-22-video-r

Wait wait wait.....

So they all did not go to the laundry before she went to work?
I'm very confused here.

Wait wait wait.....

So they all did not go to the laundry before she went to work?
I'm very confused here.

Correct. At least according to Ebron in this video. They left for the laundromat around 1 am - after getting gas at 12:33 then returning home for 20 minutes because he forgot the laundry detergent.

Sheesh seems $20.00 was the number everyone owed them!

Correct. At least according to Ebron in this video. They left for the laundromat around 1 am - after getting gas at 12:33 then returning home for 20 minutes because he forgot the laundry detergent.

Hmmm how did we all have them doing laundry at the laundromat before she went to work

Here's an abridged summary of video 1 of Ebron's interview. I tried to keep it as concise as I could but there's a lot of discussion. You really have to watch it for yourselves. Some of the quotes may not be exact but they reflect the gist. This covers the timeline, starting at 45:10.

Ebron dropped Lonna off just before 8:30, goes to the ATM at 8:32, then to McDonald's then back to the apartment by about 8:45. He gave Lonzie a bath and “she” (the sister) was watching a movie. He says he can't remember what time (Dan?) and them got there but he dozed off until about 12.

He gave Lonzie his bath around 9, 9:30. The detective asks if he took the bath by himself. Ebron says normally he will because he takes a bubble bath and his sister couldn't because of (what he describes sounds like a urinary infection) “so she's been getting that medicine... medication...” The detective asks did he bathe them both together. Ebron says not that night. He bathed them together the night before and not the night before that. If Lonzie gets a bubble bath his sister can't bathe with him.

After that he dozed off. The sister was watching a movie and Ebron put Lonzie in the room with him. He says the sister was in the room too until (Danny and them? I can't quite make it out) came back and she went back out with them.

The detective asks “Did (Aaron?) go back to sleep? Ebron says he wasn't feeling good, he went to sleep maybe 20 or 30 minutes after his bath.

*I think the detective is referring to Lonzie as “Aaron” here.*

The detective asks what was wrong with him. Ebron says he just didn't want to eat. Lonna tried to feed him before she left, Ebron tried to give him something before she left and Lonzie was just fussy. The detective asks if he knows why,

Ebron says “no, I mean she (Lonna) said it's probably he's teething. She also had got ear drops, eye drops for him, and he was teething, so... Teething and sometimes he'd bite on there (indicating his cheek), scratch on there, whatever, but... A couple of time you see when he pulls his bottle out since he's sucking it he'd suck up like some gunk. He had “thresh” (thrush) so it would be like white and red. It would be at the tip of the bottle or what not. ”

The detective says “So he went to sleep say at 10? And then you fall asleep or you're already asleep when he falls asleep?” Ebron says “no, I was back and forth, I went upstairs, er, downstairs and grabbed one of those things, um, peach and cream pies, grabbed one of those, uh, came back up, had sweet tea – that spilled on the ground, um, went back downstairs, grabbed another one, grabbed my other drink, and uh...”

Ebron says Lonzie was asleep on the mattr... on the bean bag at the foot of the bed.

The detective asks, “So at what point do you wake up and decide to do laundry?” Ebron says he woke up about 12... “somebody had called me or text me or something...” He says it was “Adam.” The detective asks who that is and Ebron says he thinks it's his first cousin.

A discussion follows about Adam. Adam owed him $20. He stopped by and mistakenly gave Ebron $10 so he came back with $20. Adam didn't see Lonzie since Ebron went outside to meet him. Adam drives a white Impala.

After getting the money Ebron went back inside and started getting the laundry ready. When asked what made him decide to do laundry Ebron says “Cuz I was up. The night before she (Lonna) had did it but she only did hers so she said hey, tomorrow we'll do the rest of it.” Ebron says alright, since Lonna works he tries to help out - “take care of the kids, bathe him, do the dishes, certain things like that. It's like, alright I'll get the laundry. I woke up and just felt like finally doing something. Like I said, we slept the majority of the day.”

The detective asks what time he left to do laundry. Ebron hums and haws a bit and says maybe 20 or 30 minutes after Adam came back. Ebron was using the bathroom when Adam texted that he was back so he pulled his pants up and went out to meet him. Then he went back up and used the bathroom. He left with the laundry shortly after.

There's more discussion about Adam. The detective says it's an odd time to be collecting money owed so if it's about dope it's okay to say so since Adam won't want to confirm the story if it's about dope. They tell Ebron if it's something other than money then say that. So Ebron does.

Back to the laundry. The detective asks what Ebron is wearing. Ebron says a black tank top. They ask where the kids were sitting in the car. Ebron says “his was dead center cuz that was the only seatbelt that worked in the back. She (sister) was sitting up front with me.”

More discussion on what he was wearing. He had a black tank top on at the gas station (at 12). They ask about a white tank top, Ebron says no. He shows them the gray tank top he has on under his T shirt.

Discussion about “Brittney.” The detective asks if it's the same Brittney that works with Lonna – they cut a part out so I didn't hear the answer. Ebron met with her earlier in the day to look at a car she was trying to sell.

Ebron was at the gas station at 12:33. He says the kids were with him. He buys $8 gas at Bay Meadow Kangaroo then goes back to the house because he forgot the laundry detergent. They all went back inside for about 20 minutes before leaving again to the laundromat.

The detective verifies that they left for the laundromat from his house, so traveling north. He says “Are you sure about that?” Ebron says yes.

When Ebron got to the laundromat he says he dropped the stuff off, leaving both kids in the car. The sister had Ebron's phone. He parks in front, no one else is there.

End of video 1.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/ebron-disc-22-video-r
OK
after watching Lonnas video Lonna said Ebron wet back to get Coke for someone not laundry detergent. right? And he was going to drop it off to her on his way to pick up lonna.

In Lonnas Video the detective many times says he wonders if Lonzie was dead before Lonna went to work.

I have no words for Ebrons video.

These two are a JOKE!

That poor baby!

Ebron video 2:

The detective asks how long he was in the laundromat. Ebron says 5 minutes, just enough time to load the clothes. Were the kids asleep? “(Sister) was up, she was playing that Tom tom, whatever.” But (Aaron, meaning Lonzie) was asleep? "Yeah."

The detective asks what Ebron was wearing at the laudromat. Ebron says what he's wearing now. The detective says “so you get there, wash some clothes then where do you go?” Ebron says back to the house. The other detective clarifies that he was only there for 5 minutes – long enough to just put a load in and add detergent. He put the quarters in, went to the bathroom then jumped back into the car and headed home.

Asked if he went directly home, Ebron says yes. The detective asks what then. Ebron says:

“That's when everything went down.”

The detective asks why he went home and not just head over to pick Lonna up. Ebron says he was going to get “something” meaning the cocaine. The detective says “So at that point you get out of the car, leave it running, parked with the front end facing the apartment... you go and unlock the door... take it from there.”

Ebron says he ran upstairs. That's when he noticed (sister) was coming in, she said she was scared. So he “threw in a movie for her.” Then he knocked on his roommate's door as he was going downstairs then he heard the car leaving. Ebron says he didn't hear (tires) squealing but what sounded like one of the car's belts that may have gotten wet in the rain.

Ebron says he chased the car “somewhat.” Street names are redacted but it sounds like Ebron ran maybe a half block or so to some intersection and saw the car turn left. Then he “trotted” back to the apartment because he was out of breath. He immediately called 911 and then when he saw that the phone only had about 2% power left. Later he says he was calling while on his way back from chasing the car.

The detective asked if he got through at all with that first call and Ebron says yes, for a split second. Asked what he said, Ebron stumbles a bit “I said my car has been st – uh, I'm trying to report a, um, I said something like that, my car, I'm trying to report... something with that car being stolen. It was a split second and it cut off.” He got inside and looked around for his other phone. He says it was about 3 minutes between phone calls to 911.

When he called back he “told them it was an orange car, told them it was a Honda Civic, told them my son was in the car and they just asked me a bunch of questions. At the same time I was trying to text her (Lonna), telling her to get a ride... um, she called, asked me what's up, I said just get a ride. I didn't want to alarm her. And when she called she said 'What's Brittney's number?' I'm still on the phone with the operator. I just remember looking through it, trying to find it, found it then uh, told her what it was.”

The detective asks where Ebron thinks Lonzie is. Ebron says he has no idea. The detective says take an educated guess. Here's his answer:

“This whole night, for what I've done, there's nothing educated about it.”

The detective says “I understand, but what's your gut feeling about it?” Ebron says:

“At first it was, I was kind of hoping that the dad took him.” The detective says “But you don't believe that now?” and Ebron responds “No, no I don't.” Asked if he thinks Lonzie's all right, Ebron says “I hope, uh...” and starts to sniffle.

The detective asks about “the blanket or whatever in your closet in the hamper – it's a wet blanket in there. A sheet or something?” Ebron says Lonzie threw up on it (it's black and white). The detective asks when because it was freshly wet and Ebron says a couple of days before. They pulled it off and then used the red blanket. He didn't take it to the laundromat – he just grabbed the black basket and some stuff off the floor.

The detective asks if there was any type of accident inside the apartment that Ebron needs to tell them about now that they might find out about later. Ebron responds “Nothing. The only thing that he's been having was that “thresh”” which cleared up from the medicine. No accident in the bathroom or bathtub?

Ebron said Lonzie spit up a couple times and also two days earlier when he gave him some McDonald's. He'd been sick and fussy. Lonzie was asleep and Ebron saw him drooling so he pulled over and “got the stuff out of his mouth” and threw it out onto the street. His friend Josh was also in the car.

Then the detective talks about video around the apartment complex and will they see Ebron in it running after the car. Ebron says yes. More discussion about what LE will see on the video. They ask how long it was before he called 911 after chasing the car, Ebron says no more than 3 minutes.

The detective says they have more to do but he has to answer some phone calls. Ebron asks where Lonna is. He says she's here. Then the other detective want to ask something more about the laundromat. He clarifies that he went to the laundromat around 1:30, 1:45, left the kids in the car, put about half the laundry in – or maybe all of it - then went to get change, used the bathroom, etc. He asks if Ebron did anything else in or around the laundromat and Ebron says he went back to the house. He was texting with Lupita as he pulled into the apartment complex.

Ebron asks to talk to Lonna, detective says in a little bit.

The interview ends at 15:20; the rest is just him sitting alone then at the very end he asks for water and a bathroom break.

End video 2.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/local/jacksonville/more-evidence-released-in-ruben-ebron-case

Ebron video 2:

The detective asks how long he was in the laundromat. Ebron says 5 minutes, just enough time to load the clothes. Were the kids asleep? “(Sister) was up, she was playing that Tom tom, whatever.” But (Aaron, meaning Lonzie) was asleep? "Yeah."

The detective asks what Ebron was wearing at the laudromat. Ebron says what he's wearing now. The detective says “so you get there, wash some clothes then where do you go?” Ebron says back to the house. The other detective clarifies that he was only there for 5 minutes – long enough to just put a load in and add detergent. He put the quarters in, went to the bathroom then jumped back into the car and headed home.

Asked if he went directly home, Ebron says yes. The detective asks what then. Ebron says:

“That's when everything went down.”

The detective asks why he went home and not just head over to pick Lonna up. Ebron says he was going to get “something” meaning the cocaine. The detective says “So at that point you get out of the car, leave it running, parked with the front end facing the apartment... you go and unlock the door... take it from there.”

Ebron says he ran upstairs. That's when he noticed (sister) was coming in, she said she was scared. So he “threw in a movie for her.” Then he knocked on his roommate's door as he was going downstairs then he heard the car leaving. Ebron says he didn't hear (tires) squealing but what sounded like one of the car's belts that may have gotten wet in the rain.

Ebron says he chased the car “somewhat.” Street names are redacted but it sounds like Ebron ran maybe a half block or so to some intersection and saw the car turn left. Then he “trotted” back to the apartment because he was out of breath. He immediately called 911 and then when he saw that the phone only had about 2% power left. Later he says he was calling while on his way back from chasing the car.

The detective asked if he got through at all with that first call and Ebron says yes, for a split second. Asked what he said, Ebron stumbles a bit “I said my car has been st – uh, I'm trying to report a, um, I said something like that, my car, I'm trying to report... something with that car being stolen. It was a split second and it cut off.” He got inside and looked around for his other phone. He says it was about 3 minutes between phone calls to 911.

When he called back he “told them it was an orange car, told them it was a Honda Civic, told them my son was in the car and they just asked me a bunch of questions. At the same time I was trying to text her (Lonna), telling her to get a ride... um, she called, asked me what's up, I said just get a ride. I didn't want to alarm her. And when she called she said 'What's Brittney's number?' I'm still on the phone with the operator. I just remember looking through it, trying to find it, found it then uh, told her what it was.”

The detective asks where Ebron thinks Lonzie is. Ebron says he has no idea. The detective says take an educated guess. Here's his answer:

“This whole night, for what I've done, there's nothing educated about it.”

The detective says “I understand, but what's your gut feeling about it?” Ebron says:

“At first it was, I was kind of hoping that the dad took him.” The detective says “But you don't believe that now?” and Ebron responds “No, no I don't.” Asked if he thinks Lonzie's all right, Ebron says “I hope, uh...” and starts to sniffle.

The detective asks about “the blanket or whatever in your closet in the hamper – it's a wet blanket in there. A sheet or something?” Ebron says Lonzie threw up on it (it's black and white). The detective asks when because it was freshly wet and Ebron says a couple of days before. They pulled it off and then used the red blanket. He didn't take it to the laundromat – he just grabbed the black basket and some stuff off the floor.

The detective asks if there was any type of accident inside the apartment that Ebron needs to tell them about now that they might find out about later. Ebron responds “Nothing. The only thing that he's been having was that “thresh”” which cleared up from the medicine. No accident in the bathroom or bathtub?

Ebron said Lonzie spit up a couple times and also two days earlier when he gave him some McDonald's. He'd been sick and fussy. Lonzie was asleep and Ebron saw him drooling so he pulled over and “got the stuff out of his mouth” and threw it out onto the street. His friend Josh was also in the car.

Then the detective talks about video around the apartment complex and will they see Ebron in it running after the car. Ebron says yes. More discussion about what LE will see on the video. They ask how long it was before he called 911 after chasing the car, Ebron says no more than 3 minutes.

The detective says they have more to do but he has to answer some phone calls. Ebron asks where Lonna is. He says she's here. Then the other detective want to ask something more about the laundromat. He clarifies that he went to the laundromat around 1:30, 1:45, left the kids in the car, put about half the laundry in – or maybe all of it - then went to get change, used the bathroom, etc. He asks if Ebron did anything else in or around the laundromat and Ebron says he went back to the house. He was texting with Lupita as he pulled into the apartment complex.

Ebron asks to talk to Lonna, detective says in a little bit.

The interview ends at 15:20; the rest is just him sitting alone then at the very end he asks for water and a bathroom break.

End video 2.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/local/jacksonville/more-evidence-released-in-ruben-ebron-case

Thanks for transcribing MsMarple, you're sweet :)

:tyou: MsMarple! I've said it before, and I'll say it again: :yourock:

Thanks for transcribing MsMarple, you're sweet :)

Sorry they're so cluttered - there was way too much to just do a direct transcription. Plus I needed a good :drink: but it was only 1 pm my time. :crosseyed:

And more - if you stop the video here at 16:00 there's a screen shot of one of the new docs. At the very top it says "Ebron said the victim's head shape did not "look right" and had a "soft spot." Ebron said the victim's head was visibly different at the crown of his head...

The article says:

In the days leading up to his disappearance, Lonzie was behaving strangely, had no appetite, was bleeding from the mouth and had a "soft spot" at the crown of his head, Ebron told police in October. In the same interview, Ebron acknowledged that he and Lonna Barton avoided seeking medical attention for Lonzie because they didn't want the Florida Department of Children and Families to get involved.

The description of the head injury doesn't match what we heard earlier, which was Lonzie had an injury behind his ear. Is this an additional injury? And what exactly does a "soft spot" mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Callie679