Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The writing form used is strange. It appears to be a mix of printing and cursive. I recently learned that my nieces and nephews which are teens cannot read or write in cursive as it hasn't been taught in Calif schools they attended. With that in mind, I don't know who wrote that note.
I use a mix of printing and cursive.

I’d be surprised if MS knew cursive. They have taken cursive out of the us curriculum over a decade ago

...I’d be surprised if MS knew cursive. They have taken cursive out of the us curriculum over a decade ago

I guess it is state mandated and some states (23 states currently) are teaching cursive writing.

1725072269817.png

Florida
Grade Taught: Cursive is taught at the beginning of the 3rd grade to the end of the 5th grade.

General Info: According to Florida standards, learners assessment of cursive proficiency is done locally. In the 3rd grade, testing is conducted on the introduction to Cursive while in the 4th grade, their writing skills are tested. In the 5th grade, both the letter case writing and the cursive writing skills are tested.

View attachment 528110

Florida
Grade Taught: Cursive is taught at the beginning of the 3rd grade to the end of the 5th grade.

General Info: According to Florida standards, learners assessment of cursive proficiency is done locally. In the 3rd grade, testing is conducted on the introduction to Cursive while in the 4th grade, their writing skills are tested. In the 5th grade, both the letter case writing and the cursive writing skills are tested.
I’m glad they are adding it back in the curriculum. 23 states now have it mandated. That’s awesome! I remember my old boss from 2010, her daughter got her drivers permit and couldn’t even sign her name! It was printed. It looked so weird to me. Anyways, I’m still leaning towards JS writing that entry

I can believe MS wrote that note. Kids have access to the internet and watch tv/movies. There are influencers on YouTube and Facebook who make videos of make up tutorials where they film themselves applying makeup while talking about true crime stories, very popular with teen girls. Perpetrator is a common word thanks to these types of videos, countless law and order type shows, police comedy movies, the news, the Me Too movement, etc. The other adult sounding language could be because she had a mother who seemed to expose her to lots of mental health talk and buzzwords, terms a typical 12 and 13 year old wouldn't be saying. All my opinion only.

If it was written by JS, then that would make her even more awful imo because she felt uncomfortable around men, knew some are predators, but let her child sleep with a grown man. I'm not so sure JS felt uncomfortable around men because she sure put them on a high pedestal, more important than her own child.

I can believe MS wrote that note. Kids have access to the internet and watch tv/movies. There are influencers on YouTube and Facebook who make videos of make up tutorials where they film themselves applying makeup while talking about true crime stories, very popular with teen girls. Perpetrator is a common word thanks to these types of videos, countless law and order type shows, police comedy movies, the news, the Me Too movement, etc. The other adult sounding language could be because she had a mother who seemed to expose her to lots of mental health talk and buzzwords, terms a typical 12 and 13 year old wouldn't be saying. All my opinion only.

If it was written by JS, then that would make her even more awful imo because she felt uncomfortable around men, knew some are predators, but let her child sleep with a grown man. I'm not so sure JS felt uncomfortable around men because she sure put them on a high pedestal, more important than her own child.
Doesn't explain talking about work rather than school, though. Madeline was years away from any kind of employment.

This is one of those things that we know LE knows but we don't know, yet. They'll certainly have handwriting samples of all the main players, probably of all the residents of that household. They'll be in no doubt as to who wrote it.

MOO

I have trouble believing that MS wrote that. It's far too sophisticated for a 12-year-old IMO.

I agree wholeheartedly with everything in your second paragraph.

Doesn't explain talking about work rather than school, though. Madeline was years away from any kind of employment.

This is one of those things that we know LE knows but we don't know, yet. They'll certainly have handwriting samples of all the main players, probably of all the residents of that household. They'll be in no doubt as to who wrote it.

MOO

Thank you. It seems to me that Maddie would have talked about school, rather than work.

Thank you. It seems to me that Maddie would have talked about school, rather than work.
Work is a popular word in the therapy world, though. You have to work on yourself, do the work to heal yourself. My therapist would always tell me that I am "expecting results without doing the work to obtain them". I'm not saying MS definitely wrote it, but I just personally don't see anything that automatically rules MS out.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413
Back