Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
but but but.....she was so proactive, employing preventive measures for Madeline's 'safety' by not allowing her to go to sleepovers with friends, because JS says she doesnt know who is in the house, something could happen to her....<---great mom /s

JS claims in her LE interview Madeline told SS about the crush, "I was like why didnt she tell me, maybe because I told her she couldnt date until she was 16'. AND: she states this conversation between SS and Madeline happened WITHIN A WEEK of last sunday. she's not sure if Madeline told SS via phone or google meet chat (like facetime), but most likely, she says, because they google meet chat ALL THE TIME. <----all of this 'crush' talk attributed to Madeline IMO, was not a 'nice nice guess what, I like a boy conversation'. SS freaked out on saturday.

IMO: Madeline's murder all relates to this:

in the interview, right after they talk of her missed period JS was asked about pregnancy tests:

Q but you haven't seen any used ones in the trash?
A no (low voice)
Q their relationship (Madeline and SS) hasn't changed?
A (PAUSE).... low voice n.n.no

FGS, Madeline did not want to return to her home from gm's.

IMO, lots happened the week before her birthday party between JS, SS and Madeline. Madeline stopped taking her medication on Feb 14. Wish we knew the results of her toxicology.
I still think the whole crush thing was just a cover for Maddie possibly being pregnant. I cant remember when JS sent SS a text that she could no longer have Maddie in her bed....

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't JS say in her police interrogation that she only sent MS and SS to sleep together 4 or 5 times? If I heard right, then that is an out and out lie as the multitude of photos on SS phone weren't taken in that limited time frame. So sick.
Photos, such as those that were taken, don't have to happen only during a sleepover... There are many other hours of the day when that could have happened, and did, IMO.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't JS say in her police interrogation that she only sent MS and SS to sleep together 4 or 5 times? If I heard right, then that is an out and out lie as the multitude of photos on SS phone weren't taken in that limited time frame. So sick.
two of the female roommates told LE they were concerned that Madeline was behind closed doors with SS and alerted JS about it. JS was not concerned.

IIRC, the pics and video would have dates and times. would not necessarily be a bedtime hour for all of these pics.

JS, claims in her LE interview she was with Madeline ALL OF THE TIME.... obviously was BS. sheesh, just take the most recent event that led to Madeline being murdered: JS wasnt there for two hours sunday nite while Madeline was ALONE with SS.

the SA video evidence described a younger Madeline as being awake and enticed to play with his phone IF she complied with a particular act.... :(:eek: in other evidence SA abuse pics, she was described as being asleep...IMO, drugged.

Yes @kuromiiiilove …. and thanks for compiling that Florida statute!

IANAL. On that ‘reasonable effort’….. it isn’t clear how many times JS allowed, suggested, encouraged ….. SS and MS to be alone in that separate room - for her convenience. However…… as @ttjo notes in post # 515 above with 1700 images….. now reasonable becomes IMO differently defined. And with IIRC JS having stated in given statements that on more than one occasion she had expressed to SS that she didn’t want a ‘Woody Allen’ scenario….. that IMO redefines reasonable again in this case with JS. And IMO leaves little room for what seems reasonable here.

Lastly….. as @IzzyBlanche notes in post # 504 above I too wonder greatly why investigators offered JS a proffer. I would hope that prosecutors don’t really need anything much from JS in the prosecution of the cases / charges against SS. So exactly what was that proffer to obtain and what were investigators seeking? We might have to wait to learn that.

As noted through this thread with IIUC a possible DP case against SS this would seem to be one for it. Yet, if SS were to ‘turn the tables’ or provide evidence of JS in this might that change the dynamics? MOO
Proffer might be to catch JS in a lie, then any immunity goes away, right? LE is waiting for JS to mess up, I think they are convinced JS allowed the SA.

yes she said "less than she can count on one hand" so unless he took 1700 pictures in 4 -5 nights, her guessing is way off the mark.
That would be assuming he only took the pics during sleepovers. I don't thank that's the case IMO. In fact, the very first video taken of her she was watching cartoons with SS. IMO they were probably both upstairs to be out of JS's hair while she worked. Very accommodating of SS to offer to do that! *mutters under my breath*

Pg 342 of 896 data dump:

File name: 20190702_205542-lfmeiswnlglr6

Description: Video file depicting a pre-pubescent female resembling Maddie, who would have been 8 years and 4 months old. Maddie is laying next to Stephan in a bed watching cartoons on the television. Stephan is asking Maddie to put his penis in her mouth for three seconds as he counts.

Reasonable effort does not jive with letting preteen sleep with your boyfriend. No protection at all.
Thats my worry, that they will say there was no awareness of risk, no reasonable effort required? so not considered negligent?
is it criminal or just inappropriate? ) Im not defending, Im just trying to understand)
Even culpable negligence to prove you should have known, or ought to have known and that any reasonable person would have known. (Kristel Candelario) who left her baby at home and went on vacation to peurto rico was culpable.
I wonder if they were looking for information that would prove she was aware, without asking directly, and thats how they would get around that immunity. I want to go back and hear the question's again that were something like " why did you let that ( them sleeping together) continue" or when did you start to have a problem with it. ?

Last edited:
Yes @kuromiiiilove …. and thanks for compiling that Florida statute!

IANAL. On that ‘reasonable effort’….. it isn’t clear how many times JS allowed, suggested, encouraged ….. SS and MS to be alone in that separate room - for her convenience. However…… as @ttjo notes in post # 515 above with 1700 images….. now reasonable becomes IMO differently defined. And with IIRC JS having stated in given statements that on more than one occasion she had expressed to SS that she didn’t want a ‘Woody Allen’ scenario….. that IMO redefines reasonable again in this case with JS. And IMO leaves little room for what seems reasonable here.

Lastly….. as @IzzyBlanche notes in post # 504 above I too wonder greatly why investigators offered JS a proffer. I would hope that prosecutors don’t really need anything much from JS in the prosecution of the cases / charges against SS. So exactly what was that proffer to obtain and what were investigators seeking? We might have to wait to learn that.

As noted through this thread with IIUC a possible DP case against SS this would seem to be one for it. Yet, if SS were to ‘turn the tables’ or provide evidence of JS in this might that change the dynamics? MOO
I think at the time investigators were seeking Maddies location, I think they were convinced JS knew.

The murder of MS doesn't really seem like it was planned in advance. Too many loose ends and unexplained movements and actions and lies in the morning to have been scripted in advance. Something happened that brought on that outcome and I don't have a clue what could have brought it to that conclusion. It does seem to me that the story JS tells of the events of that night and morning are nothing more than a made up story to protect JS and SS. What happened that MS had to die that night? JMOO

The murder of MS doesn't really seem like it was planned in advance. Too many loose ends and unexplained movements and actions and lies in the morning to have been scripted in advance. Something happened that brought on that outcome and I don't have a clue what could have brought it to that conclusion. It does seem to me that the story JS tells of the events of that night and morning are nothing more than a made up story to protect JS and SS. What happened that MS had to die that night? JMOO
I was not really a pregnancy theory person, but... between the postings on reddit , the pregnancy tests under the sink, the period tracking... IDK, something seemed to upset him the saturday before, so whether that was it, that he was told she was or thought she might be? maybe he went up there to talk to her about it, because if true, that's not a secret that can be kept for long.
and something is making jenn still protect his story.

Thats my worry, that they will say there was no awareness of risk, no reasonable effort required? so not considered negligent?
is it criminal or just inappropriate? ) Im not defending, Im just trying to understand)
Even culpable negligence to prove you should have known, or ought to have known and that any reasonable person would have known. (Kristel Candelario) who left her baby at home and went on vacation to peurto rico was culpable.
I wonder if they were looking for information that would prove she was aware, without asking directly, and thats how they would get around that immunity. I want to go back and hear the question's again that were something like " why did you let that ( them sleeping together) continue" or when did you start to have a problem with it. ?
Any normal person would KNOW there was risk in letting preteen sleep with a grown man. AND JS admitted she was well aware of the Woody Allen risk.

Her fears were not for Maddie but of losing SS. Poor Maddie was the bait to keep SS around. That is why JS was not so upset when LE told her about SA, and showed her photos.

Her comment about photos was: OKAY. AND later why did he save/keep those?

Yes, I agree. It's hard not to feel compassion for her.

At the same time, it's hard not to feel utter contempt for her that if she wasn't able to properly care for Maddie due to her issues, she should have enlisted the help of her huge family, or Maddie's bio dad.

But she didn't.

IMO she wanted to keep SS around for God knows what reason and she used Maddie as bait to keep him.
IMO Maddie's dad wasn't interested in being an active part of her life.
According to some interviews she did have lots of help from her family, but it was her responsibility to properly care for the daughter.

Any normal person would KNOW there was risk in letting preteen sleep with a grown man. AND JS admitted she was well aware of the Woody Allen risk.

Her fears were not for Maddie but of losing SS. Poor Maddie was the bait to keep SS around. That is why JS was not so upset when LE told her about SA, and showed her photos.

Her comment about photos was: OKAY. AND later why did he save/keep those?
I agree, but there are some pretty good lawyers out there. I just read an entire blog that was about parents complaints about sleeping arrangements. Divorced people concerned about their children sleeping with dad and new girlfriend. or different variations, most of them talked about it being inappropriate but not illegal. It's sick I know, but there has to be a reason she hasn't been charged, and maybe they're waiting to take their best shot and that is to prove she knew and therefore was negligent The woody Allan comment was a pretty good indicator , but a hotshot lawyer will defend that too with all her mental health issue's. they'd have to prove that comment was not just an off the cuff remark.
I come from a place of being frustrated with the justice system ,that I find often protects the offender more than the victim .

Last edited:
I agree, but there are some pretty good lawyers out there. I just read an entire blog that was about parents complaints about sleeping arrangements. Divorced people concerned about their children sleeping with dad and new girlfriend. or different variations, most of them talked about it being inappropriate but not illegal. It's sick I know, but there has to be a reason she hasn't been charged, and maybe they're waiting to take their best shot and that is to prove she knew and therefore was negligent .
But, in this case the defense lawyers have to explain the photos and of course Maddie's death. I think LE wants to pressure SS to spill the beans on JS. His parents seem to be pushing for it.

I am hopeful JS will be charged.

I agree, but there are some pretty good lawyers out there. I just read an entire blog that was about parents complaints about sleeping arrangements. Divorced people concerned about their children sleeping with dad and new girlfriend. or different variations, most of them talked about it being inappropriate but not illegal. It's sick I know, but there has to be a reason she hasn't been charged, and maybe they're waiting to take their best shot and that is to prove she knew and therefore was negligent The woody Allan comment was a pretty good indicator , but a hotshot lawyer will defend that too with all her mental health issue's. they'd have to prove that comment was not just an off the cuff remark.
I come from a place of being frustrated with the justice system ,that I find often protects the offender more than the victim .

And if she knew of the SA beforehand,it makes it all much worse to watch the video of her comforting SS and rubbing his shoulder during the news interview. At this point I am not ruling out JS playing a really big part in MS's death. JMO

And if she knew of the SA beforehand,it makes it all much worse to watch the video of her comforting SS and rubbing his shoulder during the news interview. At this point I am not ruling out JS playing a really big part in MS's death. JMO
I have been trying to find this very video this morning. Do you (or anyone) happen to have the link? Thank you in advance.

The hugging, I almost forgot about that. ugh, and ok as disturbing as that is, it was day 1 or 2 . if she believed he had nothing to do with it ( at that time) then I can tolerate the hug, ( puke) but after she has found out everything the sexual abuse and her murder, she still sounds like she is not convinced. Thats why I ask "is she for real?" what will it take? and makes you wonder about her involvement

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hollyann
Back