Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I had seen a video clip of Maddie during her BD party back in April which made me wonder if Maddie as pregnant, either knowingly or subconsciously. She did a weird tummy clutching in that video.

Unfortunately the video I had seen months ago showed a few seconds longer than this video, and is what raised my eyebrows and made me wonder if she was pregnant. I feel like they clipped the video to purposely remove those few seconds which really packed a punch IMO. I wish I could find the longer version as the clipped version (all I've been able to find) is too easy to dismiss the possibility of pregnancy as those few additional seconds painted a much different picture IMO. Either way... here it is starting at :55 in.

1726936941211.png

Last edited:

Orange County investigation: Soto “Did not know where the body was” Investigative reports by the Orange County Sheriff ’s Office have also been released about their questioning the mother to see if she had any knowledge of Madeline’s body location on Feb. 29 and March 1, the day the body was ultimately found.

According to their report, investigators say Soto, “Remained steadfast that she did not know where the body was, continued to deny all involvement in regards to having knowledge of (Madeline’s) murder, and continued to deny all knowledge of (Madeline’s) victimization by Stephan Sterns.

“So we showed you photos of Stephan raping (REDACTED), and the first thought you had was to ask his father if he should get a lawyer?” one detective asks.

“I didn’t see the rape. I didn’t know she was getting raped until yesterday. I saw the picture of the oral sex happening, and I knew that that was true, right? That was evidence. That’s for real. That’s (expletive) happening,” Jennifer Soto replies. “But I kept thinking, did going — I don’t know why, I, I can’t tell you why my brain kept thinking, ‘No, he didn’t kill her...’ I felt in my body she was still alive. She was still out there. I told (Sterns’ father) to get him a lawyer because I felt like you guys were chasing the wrong person. But you weren’t. You’re not.”

The detective pushes back, though, asserting that Jennifer was trying to protect Sterns.

There should be a nationwide law that when a student is marked as absent from school without prior notice from a parent or guardian, the school contacts the responsible party to confirm the absence of the student. Perhaps name it Maddie’s Law, in her memory.

Hi @MollyDDD, brilliant suggestions, I'd tweak it to say:
  • IF the kid is supposed to be in school at 09:00 & is not, *first* contact to responsible party by midday.
  • Verified contact (responsible party) - not a voicemail or any other but something that the school knows they've notified the verified responsible party & the verified responsible party is actively aware.
  • Perhaps name it Maddie’s Law, in her memory. This I absolutely support, (imo) there's no justice for Maddie, Maddie is deceased, Maddie suffered for a very long time, perhaps - IF there's Maddie's Law, all the Maddie's who are alive, who exist amongst us, at this very moment - maybe, somehow those Maddies, both female & male, will survive, that would be justice.

“So we showed you photos of Stephan raping (REDACTED), and the first thought you had was to ask his father if he should get a lawyer?” one detective asks.

“I didn’t see the rape. I didn’t know she was getting raped until yesterday. I saw the picture of the oral sex happening, and I knew that that was true, right? That was evidence. That’s for real. That’s (expletive) happening,” Jennifer Soto replies. “But I kept thinking, did going — I don’t know why, I, I can’t tell you why my brain kept thinking, ‘No, he didn’t kill her...’ I felt in my body she was still alive. She was still out there. I told (Sterns’ father) to get him a lawyer because I felt like you guys were chasing the wrong person. But you weren’t. You’re not.”

The detective pushes back, though, asserting that Jennifer was trying to protect Sterns.
I've got rocks in my garden that show more motherly instincts than JS.
Nothing about JS - that I've seen to date - convinces me that JS was unaware, oblivious & invested in Maddie, for more than eight, very long, very sad & very traumatic years for that child.
I'd also like to know, why, if JS has been so 'duped', not doped as in medicated - in all of those 8 long years - why aren't her family screaming from the rooftops, that JS was a 'wonderful mother'?
Why so much silence?
MOO

In that same interview, The detective asks:
Det: she is settling into her nest" what was that about?
Jenn I have no idea.
det: Do you remember sending that text?
Jenn: No I dont
Im surprised that after all thats happened she hasn't looked at all those texts 1000x. but she doesnt remember it now. on April 18

Last edited:
I was not really a pregnancy theory person, but... between the postings on reddit , the pregnancy tests under the sink, the period tracking... IDK, something seemed to upset him the saturday before, so whether that was it, that he was told she was or thought she might be? maybe he went up there to talk to her about it, because if true, that's not a secret that can be kept for long.
and something is making jenn still protect his story.
JS and bio dad certainly know now if she was pregnant. toxicology is completed. the autopsy is completed and they are entitled to receive a copy IF they were not involved in her death. bio dad certainly was not.

if she was not pregnant, there is still the likelihood that Madeline brought up her missed cycle to both of them, and that was the beginning of her life coming to an end IMO

Im gonna look around for it, BRB
I remember it....it was jaw dropping....because: SHE IS THE MOTHER and she is comforting HIM. both of those media interviews were off and I am not saying that in hindsight. the overall reaction to her and then him at that time, was WTF. especially the smirking when the bird thing sounded off. or him hovering in the other interview, while she tells HIS story for him. she never even showed a pic of Madeline...and when that abbreviated clip of her fawning all over him was shown, it was absolutely astounding.

One thing I can't figure out--what was LE seeking during that proffer interview?

There's ample evidence against SS for both the CSAM and the murder. It doesn't seem to me as if they need JS as a witness against SS.

They're experienced professionals who know what they are doing. They compelled this interview for what had to be very good reasons.

But what were they?
Well, I’m glad we’re not the only ones! ;)

There is never only one thing. One odd thing can be explained away by multiple different options. The whole point with JS. It is a big cluster of things happening. Statements, reactions, emotions. Or rather missing statements, reactions and emotions.

Im really beginning to think if she is just playing dumb.
Jmo
I believe it’s the latter.

One thing I can't figure out--what was LE seeking during that proffer interview?

There's ample evidence against SS for both the CSAM and the murder. It doesn't seem to me as if they need JS as a witness against SS.

They're experienced professionals who know what they are doing. They compelled this interview for what had to be very good reasons.

But what were they?
MOO:
Im pretty sure they were trying to establish her involvement. He is asking her a lot about who all could have been in her room that Sunday night and that she did not wake at all all night, until Stephan was there leashing the dog, and then went right back to sleep. BUT that picture below says her alarm was shut off while still on the charger. so who did it? she says she was pretty sure she woke up around 9, (she should be very sure if her alarm woke her up) police reports indicate the phone was removed from the charger at 9:19
They ask about the parents controls on Maddis phone, and what has to go through her ( what she can see on maddis phone)

They ask about how much time it takes for maddi to get ready I the morning, jenn says 1 hour, and if she left at 730 that must mean she would have gotten up at 630 ?? jenn " yeah thats pretty early" ( unusual) as well as how early she left to go pick maddi up.

They ask alot about room #4 why maddi didnt have it, why it remained vacant. she says her dad wanted to rent it out, yet they never did?
why wasnt it rented , what was it being saved for? was she planning for Stephan to come back?

the next part I have to go over again to be clear, but it almost seems like he was establishing that SS wasnt kicked out because he was messy, but rather that she became aware of some things like the suspicion of him giving maddie: " bigger and different pills " according to texts between them , I want to see if the times of the SA ( pictures on his phone) correspond with any dates he was asked to leave, which would be a little suspicious that she didnt know anything.

feels like this whole interview is to solidly confirm things, rule things out. not leave any wiggle room.
there's also some other things but I need to listen again
Screenshot 2024-08-28 at 4.04.51 PM.png

Last edited:
but but but.....she was so proactive, employing preventive measures for Madeline's 'safety' by not allowing her to go to sleepovers with friends, because JS says she doesnt know who is in the house, something could happen to her....<---great mom /s

JS claims in her LE interview Madeline told SS about the crush, "I was like why didnt she tell me, maybe because I told her she couldnt date until she was 16'. AND: she states this conversation between SS and Madeline happened WITHIN A WEEK of last sunday. she's not sure if Madeline told SS via phone or google meet chat (like facetime), but most likely, she says, because they google meet chat ALL THE TIME. <----all of this 'crush' talk attributed to Madeline IMO, was not a 'nice nice guess what, I like a boy conversation'. SS freaked out on saturday.

IMO: Madeline's murder all relates to this:

in the interview, right after they talk of her missed period JS was asked about pregnancy tests:

Q but you haven't seen any used ones in the trash?
A no (low voice)
Q their relationship (Madeline and SS) hasn't changed?
A (PAUSE).... low voice n.n.no

FGS, Madeline did not want to return to her home from gm's.

IMO, lots happened the week before her birthday party between JS, SS and Madeline. Madeline stopped taking her medication on Feb 14. Wish we knew the results of her toxicology.
Well, we might not know the results of the toxicology, but LE sure does.
I’m not certain that Mother wasn’t involved in the death. She may have been upset that Maddie finally called her and SS out on the abuse and for some strange reason that “issue with the dog leash” that morning, might not have been with the dog. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hollyann
Back