Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
the parents audio interview:
CS: you know we're missing a Rolex. you know uh where did that go...
DS: my father's Rolex
CS: so you know he would never fess up to that and again where did all this money come from.. where's his Omega watch you know so I'm assuming where all this money was coming from is that maybe he sold off his Omega and maybe sold off the Rolex which I find shocking he would sell that Rolex first before he would sell his Omega because that's how much he cherished that watch. he inherited some money and immediately went out and spent $7,000 on a watch like he really needed to. I have no idea where that went.

seems like it was DS's father he inherited money from. because she mentions the rolex was her father's.
DS's father died in 2020 so that would make the most sense!

Well, we might not know the results of the toxicology, but LE sure does.
I’m not certain that Mother wasn’t involved in the death. She may have been upset that Maddie finally called her and SS out on the abuse and for some strange reason that “issue with the dog leash” that morning, might not have been with the dog. JMO
Trying to be sensitive here….. but after reading this post and the one immediately below by @IzzyBlanche ….. have to wonder if the detectives and authorities might have tested for certain DNA trace evidence on that leash? And if so, whose and / or what animal DNA might have been found. MOO

Orange County investigation: Soto “Did not know where the body was” Investigative reports by the Orange County Sheriff ’s Office have also been released about their questioning the mother to see if she had any knowledge of Madeline’s body location on Feb. 29 and March 1, the day the body was ultimately found.

According to their report, investigators say Soto, “Remained steadfast that she did not know where the body was, continued to deny all involvement in regards to having knowledge of (Madeline’s) murder, and continued to deny all knowledge of (Madeline’s) victimization by Stephan Sterns.
IF JS hadn't known anything, she wouldn't have been able to stop being horrified by everything, she was learning. But there was just nothing, except playing a bit drama queen now and then (as I read here). She even must have been horrified by all the questions about her se. xlife, when her daughter was missing. But there was also nothing. Shouldn't you have been outraged at having to answer all these questions? I didn't see one single outrage, and I think, it would have been normal for a "normal" woman/mother with a clear conscience. MOO

I don’t know about him, but she spoke about it somewhere.

Yes, I know she did, over and over, which would make it doubly suspicious if he never mentioned it.

Also every time I hear her tell that story it just makes me furious all over again that the dog was apparently allowed to sleep with her but Maddie had to go sleep with her abuser.

I originally was on the preggo theory early on but now I’m sorta back on the fence leaning towards no.

Based on my experience, for a lot of first time pregnancies, one typically doesn’t start “showing” until several months in. I remember being devastated that I just looked like I ate a big burrito for lunch. I truly didn’t look pregnant until closer to 7 months in.

I’m thinking that her potential sudden weight gain or possible change in appearance was really associated with her stopping her medication. If she was taking something for ADHD, most likely she was on a stimulant, which would cause weight loss and/or lack of appetite. So stop the stimulant = gaining weight.

But then again, maybe… she was. Maybe she stopped her medicine because she was pregnant and the sudden possible weight gain/appearance change was more from stopping her medicine. Could also explain why the detectives were very focused on that line of questioning.

Excuse me while I continue to battle my thoughts in my head…. Don’t mind me.

MOO, subject to change at any moment, as I certainly just did in the writing of my post

Yes, I know she did, over and over, which would make it doubly suspicious if he never mentioned it.

Also every time I hear her tell that story it just makes me furious all over again that the dog was apparently allowed to sleep with her but Maddie had to go sleep with her abuser.
I am still trying to figure out why JS needed to sleep so badly. She was not going to work the next day. And she was taking sleeping pills.

And since they were making plans for SS to move back, I think the whole slumber party was a gift from JS to SS.

Also, what would cause a young girl to be afraid to sleep alone? Suppressed memories of being abused when she was half asleep? Thinking it was just a dream? And as another poster mentioned, who washed the sheets in that house?
I think LE has a lot of evidence, but maybe holding back and building case against JS.

Oh, another question occurred to me. If Maddie never slept in her "room" in the living room, why was there even a bed in it?
Interesting question @IzzyBlanche …… and I can’t recall whether there was an actual bed in the living room, or was it just a couch or a pull out / sleeper where MS was ‘relegated’ to her room? I don’t remember unfortunately.

This IMO brings up another thought perhaps? So if MS didn’t have her own room, and was given ‘quarters’ or her ‘space’ in the ‘living room’ - this question occurs to me now …….. if JS was allowing or suggesting or ‘deeming’ that SS and MS should ‘sleep’ together (at her own request so she could ‘sleep’) …… then why didn’t she have it that SS spent time with MS in the living room in her own space?* Why, instead, was it a room upstairs? Out of sight and more secluded? More distant?

I don’t have any good or positive feelings about why instead they were sent upstairs. Is it because someone wanted to be undisturbed? Or was it specifically so that it wasn’t close enough to be aware of any activity? And a more remote or secluded location? SMH.

*and by asking this I am in no way condoning or sanctioning what was allowed to transpire in that residence. And IMO from early discussion about ‘reasonable’ and child endangerment, this also further narrows what is ‘reasonable’. MOO

Interesting question @IzzyBlanche …… and I can’t recall whether there was an actual bed in the living room, or was it just a couch or a pull out / sleeper where MS was ‘relegated’ to her room? I don’t remember unfortunately.

This IMO brings up another thought perhaps? So if MS didn’t have her own room, and was given ‘quarters’ or her ‘space’ in the ‘living room’ - this question occurs to me now …….. if JS was allowing or suggesting or ‘deeming’ that SS and MS should ‘sleep’ together (at her own request so she could ‘sleep’) …… then why didn’t she have it that SS spent time with MS in the living room in her own space?* Why, instead, was it a room upstairs? Out of sight and more secluded? More distant?

I don’t have any good or positive feelings about why instead they were sent upstairs. Is it because someone wanted to be undisturbed? Or was it specifically so that it wasn’t close enough to be aware of any activity? And a more remote or secluded location? SMH.

*and by asking this I am in no way condoning or sanctioning what was allowed to transpire in that residence. MOO
Pg 32 of 896 data dump says it's a bed, although I could have sworn it was a sleeper couch where a a bed pulled out from it. Guess I'm wrong.

Maddie had a makeshift room in the living room that had a television, a desk, a dresser, and a bed. Maddie only used this room to hangout and would never sleep there.

*and by asking this I am in no way condoning or sanctioning what was allowed to transpire in that residence. And IMO from early discussion about ‘reasonable’ and child endangerment, this also further narrows what is ‘reasonable’. MOO
or send that vermin to the l/r and let maddi go upstairs. I dont buy the cant sleep alone, she was 13 not 3. and if someone is afraid to sleep alone then help her to get over it, give her a really beautiful peaceful room with locks , how was jenn helping madd? she wasnt, she was perpetuating a problem.

Pg 32 of 896 data dump says it's a bed, although I could have sworn it was a sleeper couch where a a bed pulled out from it. Guess I'm wrong.

Maddie had a makeshift room in the living room that had a television, a desk, a dresser, and a bed. Maddie only used this room to hangout and would never sleep there.
Thanks @Gemmie …. appreciate that reference. I all tend to recall (was it early released photographs maybe?)….. that it looked more like a couch or a sleeper or a pull out, rather than a bed…… but I could well be wrong too.

And on that last sentence of that statement: ‘Maddie only used this room to hangout and would never sleep there.’

So IMO that means that MS was either sleeping in JS room or with SS in that other upstairs room? Or all three together? And never in her own room. And as well documented it seems - MS didn’t have her own ‘space’…… at age 13!….. (and perhaps from age 8 and up.)… :(

I sure hope authorities have the dates when SS was at that residence. And compiled information about who was where. As @ttjo says above in post # 572…. sure seems JS was perpetuating the problem and frankly IMO facilitating SS access to MS? And in a distant more secluded room. So sad, and IMO frankly appalling. MOO

Is his trial delayed again?? And I wonder if his parents are paying for his lawyers.

"Court adjourned within around half an hour Wednesday, during which Stern’ trial date in the first-degree murder case was pushed to Oct. 14, 2024.

His trial on the remaining 60 charges is currently set to begin Aug. 19"

I agree, but there are some pretty good lawyers out there. I just read an entire blog that was about parents complaints about sleeping arrangements. Divorced people concerned about their children sleeping with dad and new girlfriend. or different variations, most of them talked about it being inappropriate but not illegal. It's sick I know, but there has to be a reason she hasn't been charged, and maybe they're waiting to take their best shot and that is to prove she knew and therefore was negligent The woody Allan comment was a pretty good indicator , but a hotshot lawyer will defend that too with all her mental health issue's. they'd have to prove that comment was not just an off the cuff remark.
I come from a place of being frustrated with the justice system ,that I find often protects the offender more than the victim .
Let's turn this sideways and see how it sounds. What if it was a teenaged boy being sent off to sleep in another room with his father's girlfriend?

Thanks @Gemmie …. appreciate that reference. I all tend to recall (was it early released photographs maybe?)….. that it looked more like a couch or a sleeper or a pull out, rather than a bed…… but I could well be wrong too.
Exactly! It's making me wonder if whoever typed that up called it a "bed" since it can be slept in, and wasn't using more descriptive wording "sleeper couch", "pull out", etc. I'm believing what my eyes saw more than what I read because as I pointed it, I saw what I saw an someone might be being vague about the description.

or send that vermin to the l/r and let maddi go upstairs. I dont buy the cant sleep alone, she was 13 not 3. and if someone is afraid to sleep alone then help her to get over it, give her a really beautiful peaceful room with locks , how was jenn helping madd? she wasnt, she was perpetuating a problem.
I find it odd, too, that she supposedly couldn't sleep on her own. Yet, SS's mom said Maddie slept with her when visiting, and Maddie apparently slept with her grandmother when staying at her house. Maybe in those instances it was simply a lack of guest bedrooms, idk.

Then again, her bedroom was in the living room and perhaps that felt too exposed to her, given that roommates lived in the house. Yes, I know that going into Bedroom #4 was far worse exposure! Why Maddie couldn't have that room I will never understand. Or, at least share with Mom without a man in there!

Now that I'm thinking about it, I wonder if the living room spot was for appearances for the grandfather. He surely knew how many tenants were in the house and that Maddie didn't have her own room. Maybe the make-shift space was to assure him she did had a space.

jmo

I find it odd, too, that she supposedly couldn't sleep on her own. Yet, SS's mom said Maddie slept with her when visiting, and Maddie apparently slept with her grandmother when staying at her house. Maybe in those instances it was simply a lack of guest bedrooms, idk.
I can't help but think that Maddie liked to sleep with people because she likely had nightmares of being raped. Maybe that made her feel safe. The 896 data dump talks about all the various sexual "ways" SS had sex with her while she "while she appears to be sleeping." (All laid out on Pg 343).

Then with his ex saying:

SOURCE of this quote - REDACTED described one "very weird" occasion where Stephan had her lay face down completely flat, as if she was "dead" and had sexual intercourse with her. REDACTED said that was the only time he was very erect.

... it makes me wonder if "as if she was dead" could be "as if she was asleep", which Maddie appeared to be in various video's and pictures. It would be a blessing if she wasn't aware of what was happening to her as it was happening, but if that's the case I'll put money on it that her subconscious was aware. Hence me thinking she had nightmares that someone was going to get her so she felt safer sleeping with someone. JMO

Also, there's a kink about that called Somnophilia.

Somnophilia is a paraphilia in which an individual becomes sexually aroused by someone who is unconscious.

Although sadly, with Maddie, I think the kink was her age, and it was easier to get what he wanted from her if he knocked her out. I just find it interesting that Maddie appeared to be sleeping in the pics, and the ex was asked to lie completely flat (unmoving).

Something that has been bothering me is that JS said Maddie couldn't have room #4 as her room because her father wanted rent, which is why she only had the partitioned off space in the living room.

I'd love to know more about this. Was that true? The rent was more important to him than Maddie having her own room? Or just more BS from JS?

HTC interviewed Stephan's parents tonight.

I haven't finished watching, but they say right off that they believe that Stephan was the lone perpetrator, contrary to what he told them earlier. They want to believe that her murder wasn't premeditated, but they admit that they can't rule it out. They hold their son fully accountable.

ETA: They say that they know that the trial process will be several years, considering the seriousness of the crime and potential penalties. They say that they find out new information from friends who see things on the news, social media and YT. They recognize that they very might receive a call one day saying that their son has been killed in jail/prison.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hollyann
Back