Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Something that has been bothering me is that JS said Maddie couldn't have room #4 as her room because her father wanted rent, which is why she only had the partitioned off space in the living room.

I'd love to know more about this. Was that true? The rent was more important to him than Maddie having her own room? Or just more BS from JS?
I think it's true since SS was paying rent for that room to her father. It's sad, it should have been given to Maddie. But maybe JS and Maddie wouldn't want Maddie to be upstairs with the roommates while JS was downstairs? I'm not sure i would be comfortable with that. I would probably take a room upstairs next to my daughter and rent the downstairs room.

I am still trying to figure out why JS needed to sleep so badly. She was not going to work the next day. And she was taking sleeping pills.

And since they were making plans for SS to move back, I think the whole slumber party was a gift from JS to SS.

Also, what would cause a young girl to be afraid to sleep alone? Suppressed memories of being abused when she was half asleep? Thinking it was just a dream? And as another poster mentioned, who washed the sheets in that house?
I think LE has a lot of evidence, but maybe holding back and building case against JS.
Something I wonder about is if SS sold any of the CSA photos he had taken of Maddie. He didn’t have a job. I would imagine LE would already be looking into that as well. IMO

HTC interviewed Stephan's parents tonight.

I haven't finished watching, but they say right off that they believe that Stephan was the lone perpetrator, contrary to what he told them earlier. They want to believe that her murder wasn't premeditated, but they admit that they can't rule it out. They hold their son fully accountable.

ETA: They say that they know that the trial process will be several years, considering the seriousness of the crime and potential penalties. They say that they find out new information from friends who see things on the news, social media and YT. They recognize that they very might receive a call one day saying that their son has been killed in jail/prison.
So glad they are speaking out. Very interesting, they seem as confused as we have been of JS and SS's actions. And DS, the mom, did NOT approve of the sleeping arrangements and let them know.

Interesting question @IzzyBlanche …… and I can’t recall whether there was an actual bed in the living room, or was it just a couch or a pull out / sleeper where MS was ‘relegated’ to her room? I don’t remember unfortunately.

This IMO brings up another thought perhaps? So if MS didn’t have her own room, and was given ‘quarters’ or her ‘space’ in the ‘living room’ - this question occurs to me now …….. if JS was allowing or suggesting or ‘deeming’ that SS and MS should ‘sleep’ together (at her own request so she could ‘sleep’) …… then why didn’t she have it that SS spent time with MS in the living room in her own space?* Why, instead, was it a room upstairs? Out of sight and more secluded? More distant?

I don’t have any good or positive feelings about why instead they were sent upstairs. Is it because someone wanted to be undisturbed? Or was it specifically so that it wasn’t close enough to be aware of any activity? And a more remote or secluded location? SMH.

*and by asking this I am in no way condoning or sanctioning what was allowed to transpire in that residence. And IMO from early discussion about ‘reasonable’ and child endangerment, this also further narrows what is ‘reasonable’. MOO
I think the whole thing is so bizarre. JS, SS, the renters, no jobs, mental issues, the medications, and all of the things they said were wrong with Maddie. I just get the impression that those two used her for their own personal (and sick) reasons. Even SS’s parents, what did they know about their son and his relationship with JS and Maddie? It’s just so odd and disturbing and makes no sense. IMO

Pg 32 of 896 data dump says it's a bed, although I could have sworn it was a sleeper couch where a a bed pulled out from it. Guess I'm wrong.

Maddie had a makeshift room in the living room that had a television, a desk, a dresser, and a bed. Maddie only used this room to hangout and would never sleep there.
Probably a ruse to make it look like it was her bedroom for friends, visitors and other people. IMO

I had seen a video clip of Maddie during her BD party back in April which made me wonder if Maddie as pregnant, either knowingly or subconsciously. She did a weird tummy clutching in that video.

Unfortunately the video I had seen months ago showed a few seconds longer than this video, and is what raised my eyebrows and made me wonder if she was pregnant. I feel like they clipped the video to purposely remove those few seconds which really packed a punch IMO. I wish I could find the longer version as the clipped version (all I've been able to find) is too easy to dismiss the possibility of pregnancy as those few additional seconds painted a much different picture IMO. Either way... here it is starting at :55 in.

View attachment 532636
Would forensics have tested her for pregnancy? Is that heard of?

or send that vermin to the l/r and let maddi go upstairs. I dont buy the cant sleep alone, she was 13 not 3. and if someone is afraid to sleep alone then help her to get over it, give her a really beautiful peaceful room with locks , how was jenn helping madd? she wasnt, she was perpetuating a problem.
Yep, just another excuse to detract from what was really going on in that house. IMO

So glad they are speaking out. Very interesting, they seem as confused as we have been of JS and SS's actions. And DS, the mom, did NOT approve of the sleeping arrangements and let them know.
It's true that she said that she did not approve of it and would not allow it in her house. But then she went on to say that she knew the message wasn't heard and that they would go back to their 'normal' sleeping arrangements.
That bothered me.

I find it odd, too, that she supposedly couldn't sleep on her own. Yet, SS's mom said Maddie slept with her when visiting, and Maddie apparently slept with her grandmother when staying at her house. Maybe in those instances it was simply a lack of guest bedrooms, idk.

Then again, her bedroom was in the living room and perhaps that felt too exposed to her, given that roommates lived in the house. Yes, I know that going into Bedroom #4 was far worse exposure! Why Maddie couldn't have that room I will never understand. Or, at least share with Mom without a man in there!

Now that I'm thinking about it, I wonder if the living room spot was for appearances for the grandfather. He surely knew how many tenants were in the house and that Maddie didn't have her own room. Maybe the make-shift space was to assure him she did had a space.

jmo
Bingo.

Something that has been bothering me is that JS said Maddie couldn't have room #4 as her room because her father wanted rent, which is why she only had the partitioned off space in the living room.

I'd love to know more about this. Was that true? The rent was more important to him than Maddie having her own room? Or just more BS from JS?
Just more BS. IMO

I originally was on the preggo theory early on but now I’m sorta back on the fence leaning towards no.

Based on my experience, for a lot of first time pregnancies, one typically doesn’t start “showing” until several months in. I remember being devastated that I just looked like I ate a big burrito for lunch. I truly didn’t look pregnant until closer to 7 months in.

I’m thinking that her potential sudden weight gain or possible change in appearance was really associated with her stopping her medication. If she was taking something for ADHD, most likely she was on a stimulant, which would cause weight loss and/or lack of appetite. So stop the stimulant = gaining weight.

But then again, maybe… she was. Maybe she stopped her medicine because she was pregnant and the sudden possible weight gain/appearance change was more from stopping her medicine. Could also explain why the detectives were very focused on that line of questioning.

Excuse me while I continue to battle my thoughts in my head…. Don’t mind me.

MOO, subject to change at any moment, as I certainly just did in the writing of my post
we are all battling the thoughts :) one has to decide if Madeline did get her period in January.

Her best friend's LE interview she states Madeline was late in January but Madeline told her she eventually got it. IMO Madeline may not have told her the truth.

saw a case last year in florida, man killed his pregnant GF and was charged with 2 homicides. as of now SS is only charged with the murder of Madeline. if she was pregnant, wouldnt there be 2 charges?

So many people that were uncomfortable with the sleeping arrangements and not one bothered to report it to CPS. I personally wouldn't have been able to live with myself if I knew that was happening and didn't report it. I would rather risk being wrong than not doing anything at all. Just an anonymous call could have possibly ended MS's abuse and given her a chance at a happy and successful life.

Pg 32 of 896 data dump says it's a bed, although I could have sworn it was a sleeper couch where a a bed pulled out from it. Guess I'm wrong.

Maddie had a makeshift room in the living room that had a television, a desk, a dresser, and a bed. Maddie only used this room to hangout and would never sleep there.
there are some podcast videos when the search warrant was executed they took photos of Madeline's room and they stripped off the sheets and blankets and stuff. its a regular mattress, top of the mattress reads organic cotton.

there are some podcast videos when the search warrant was executed they took photos of Madeline's room and they stripped off the sheets and blankets and stuff. its a regular mattress, top of the mattress reads organic cotton.
Do you have pics for comparison? I'd be real curious to see if it was a regular bed, or a sofa bed, which can look like pretty close to a regular mattress. I have actually slept on a sofa bed mattress so I am familiar with them (long, long ago).

Here's one example of a sofa bed mattress:

1726979169145.png

It looks like a "regular mattress", yet is actually a sofa bed.

Do you have pics for comparison? I'd be real curious to see if it was a regular bed, or a sofa bed, which can look like pretty close to a regular mattress. I have actually slept on a sofa bed mattress so I am familiar with them (long, long ago).

View attachment 532739

I viewed it on a podcast which I dont believe is 'approved'. :) it looks to be a thick single mattress, there is no mattress cover on it and it doesnt look as if it can be folded at all. Ill look around again :)

View attachment 532739

looks like HTC is ok to post from what I see here in the forum:
around 47:52 with protective covering and 49:12 the mattress is exposed and they tossed her stuff on it

IIRC SS never mentioned the dog leash incident in any of his interviews. Does anyone know?
I havent found a doc saying that personally by him as part of his original story. his morning starts in the car it seems from all of the docs and audios. I didnt see anywhere that LE asked SS about taking the dog out. lots to go through, could have missed it....

but I did catch it here: the interview with Steven, JS's ex: the LE narrative states Steven said he was on speakerphone with JS and SS, and JS was saying what time SHE THOUGHT she woke up because of the dog, and SS interjected and said he would take care of the dog so she could rest.

seems like the dog leash story was cut off by him.

HTC interviewed Stephan's parents tonight.

Half way through the parent's interview. I respect that SS's parents came forward to share their feelings and observations of their son, and I want to try to go easy on criticizing them. They've had to deal with all this public scrutiny of their parenthood, but the crimes were committed by SS, and it's really SS's character that's horribly flawed. I think they tried to be decent parents. I'm sure he wasn't an easy kid to raise and they were probably manipulated by him a lot.

SS's mother swears she voiced her disapproval and had Maddie sleep in her bedroom, just she and Maddie, when they all visited at SS parent's house. She was against them all sleeping in the same room when they visited. I'm sure others said the same to JS like her own mother, but other's opinions must've been ignored. After all, JS had side-eyed SS and deemed him trustworthy so she wasn't listening to anyone else's warnings or opinions. (cough, cough)

Here's what I heard his parents sharing put into my own words. SS got hit by a car that backed up into him when he was 7-8 yrs. old, then the driver went forward but proceeded to back up again and run over him. SS hit his head on the pavement in the back of his head, then the second time it ran over his middle back, and I guess the front of his head got hurt again. However, he did not spend the night in the hospital, his Mom said she probably wanted to take him home because she's a germophobic about hospitals. A chiropractic visit had SS go from walking with a cane to coming out twirling the cane, so that was a miracle recovery after being run over, huh. Both his Mom and Dad seem to claim his trouble started from that accident in the parking lot.

Okay, but MOO here, that accident and injuries were used to excuse SS the rest of his life so it seems. His parents report all kinds of personality change and memory loss from that incident. Here's where I have questions. There was a lawsuit and I don't know if there was TBI or brain injury claims, and yet parents don't seem to report getting him any kind of on going counseling. Sounds like he did not get any kind of therapy or counseling until he was grown up, and then MOO here, did pursued it himself, possibly for a medical marijuana card or to obtain a prescription for drugs. MOO here, I don't see SS as having limitations from any kind of TBI. I see him as spoiled, lazy, and selfish.

His Mom says he was diagnosed as ADHD, but he also tested high on the IQ test. SS, she says, may be brilliant, but lacks the ability to function as in for employment. Both parents describe him as having arrested-development to grow into adulthood. MOO, I see him as having a Peter Pan syndrome, not able to live independently as an adult, and falling back into wanting to just play games, buy toys, and keep his childish habits. His Mom said he's a narcissist that has to get what he wants, and has poor impulse control and wants gratification of what he wants immediately. His parents may not realize the extent of their being manipulated over time They got used to him needing help like a little kid. Both parents seem to report him as telling stories and lies, but they kept bending over backwards to help him. He lied and stole from his parents. Now this. They tried, but they got stuck with this loser son. They're victims too.
All my own thoughts and opinions.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hollyann
Back