Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
HTC interviewed Stephan's parents tonight.

Parents say they have unconditional love for their son. They aren't making him out to be innocent, or even likable, but as parents they love their child.

Now, MOO, they're getting into JS's role, and that doesn't sound like unconditional love. I think they want to blame her for some of what went on under her watch. Don't have to tell us, huh, we're all saying the same thing. All MOO

I haven't finished watching, but they say right off that they believe that Stephan was the lone perpetrator, contrary to what he told them earlier. They want to believe that her murder wasn't premeditated, but they admit that they can't rule it out. They hold their son fully accountable.

ETA: They say that they know that the trial process will be several years, considering the seriousness of the crime and potential penalties. They say that they find out new information from friends who see things on the news, social media and YT. They recognize that they very might receive a call one day saying that their son has been killed in jail/prison.
Wow! What an honest interview with the parents of SS!

I don't think I've ever observed another parent of a perpetrator speak so openly of their hurt, pain and frustration, as well as their love and commitment for their child.

I appreciated how they declared that they will stick by him - even though they know he is guilty.

She worries that they will die before he does and "who's going to take care of him and who's going to bury him".

In the end, his mother wants to be in the room if he's executed. She wants him to know that two people will be sad when he's gone.

The interview showed the humanity of the situation IMO.

153:30: "Mother of Monster Seeks Help".

I had seen a video clip of Maddie during her BD party back in April which made me wonder if Maddie as pregnant, either knowingly or subconsciously. She did a weird tummy clutching in that video.

Unfortunately the video I had seen months ago showed a few seconds longer than this video, and is what raised my eyebrows and made me wonder if she was pregnant. I feel like they clipped the video to purposely remove those few seconds which really packed a punch IMO. I wish I could find the longer version as the clipped version (all I've been able to find) is too easy to dismiss the possibility of pregnancy as those few additional seconds painted a much different picture IMO. Either way... here it is starting at :55 in.

View attachment 532636

I've tried not to think about the chance that MS was pregnant, but after watching the police interview with JS it's been haunting me. Why did LE bring up topics around that possibility to begin with? One possibility is the fact that LE will ask questions they already know the answer to as one of their interrogation methods. They also may be looking for additional answers, like whether or not JS knew more about MS being pregnant, if in fact she was. I truly hope MS wasn't pregnant but it appears it will be a long time before that information is made available. If she was and JS knew then more fuel is added to an already raging fire. JMOO

Wow! What an honest interview with the parents of SS!

I don't think I've ever observed another parent of a perpetrator speak so openly of their hurt, pain and frustration, as well as their love and commitment for their child.

I appreciated how they declared that they will stick by him - even though they know he is guilty.

She worries that they will die before he does and "who's going to take care of him and who's going to bury him".

In the end, his mother wants to be in the room if he's executed. She wants him to know that two people will be sad when he's gone.

The interview showed the humanity of the situation IMO.

153:30: "Mother of Monster Seeks Help".

That's a tough place to put parents and it's a shameful, selfish thing for a child to do, but I do understand the parents' reaction. It's sad that their elder years will be marred by what he has done, but he is still their son and they love him for that.

(By "child," I mean "offspring" as in son or daughter. I don't mean "child" as in a young kid. I know that word can spark some controversy when used for an adult, but I'm referring to his role in the family not his age.)

jmo

I haven't finished watching, but they say right off that they believe that Stephan was the lone perpetrator, contrary to what he told them earlier. They want to believe that her murder wasn't premeditated, but they admit that they can't rule it out. They hold their son fully accountable.

ETA: They say that they know that the trial process will be several years, considering the seriousness of the crime and potential penalties. They say that they find out new information from friends who see things on the news, social media and YT. They recognize that they very might receive a call one day saying that their son has been killed in jail/prison.
In the video they say it is worse than the death of a child because they'll never get to hold SS again, even though he is still alive.

I wonder if it's worse even than a child being r*ped and murdered and dumped off to the side of the road.

looks like HTC is ok to post from what I see here in the forum:
around 47:52 with protective covering and 49:12 the mattress is exposed and they tossed her stuff on it
Thank you @Pruddennce for the research and reference. And I am not doubting here….. but that reference point in the video ~47:52 - 49:12….. I am trying to recall is that in a bedroom or is that in the ‘living room’ - i.e. ‘MS space’? (It also seems so cramped IMO.)

As @Gemmie and others were pondering yesterday…… I seem to recall a more distance picture shot of what I believed then was the living room? And it showed IIRC a longer wall in the back of the shot and it seemed a couple of vertical wall divider panels (folded open) on the right side and a dark navy colored ‘something’ believed to have been either the bed? Or as if a few wonder a sleeper or pull out couch? And there was no window at the rear of the shown image….. of what seemed to be given as the living room? I could well be wrong and am remembering something else. MOO

ETA - I attempted some further research. And a few images were located. But they are not an approved source - so can’t post here. One image is of a view into perhaps the living room, a view across the room. In the foreground right is a cat sitting on the arm of what seems to be a blue sleeper couch. Further back in the image are the dividers which appear to cordone off a space, MS space? There may be a bed behind this. You may be correct @Pruddennce and I am simply confused. Sorry if I have further confused. MOO

Last edited:
Thank you @Pruddennce for the research and reference. And I am not doubting here….. but that reference point in the video ~47:52 - 49:12….. I am trying to recall is that in a bedroom or is that in the ‘living room’ - i.e. ‘MS space’? (It also seems so cramped IMO.)

As @Gemmie and others were pondering yesterday…… I seem to recall a more distance picture shot of what I believed then was the living room? And it showed IIRC a longer wall in the back of the shot and it seemed a couple of vertical wall divider panels (folded open) on the right side and a dark navy colored ‘something’ believed to have been either the bed? Or as if a few wonder a sleeper or pull out couch? And there was no window at the rear of the shown image….. of what seemed to be given as the living room? I could well be wrong and am remembering something else. MOO

ETA - I attempted some further research. And a few images were located. But they are not an approved source - so can’t post here. One image is of a view into perhaps the living room, a view across the room. In the foreground right is a cat sitting on the arm of what seems to be a blue sleeper couch. Further back in the image are the dividers which appear to cordone off a space, MS space? There may be a bed behind this. You may be correct @Pruddennce and I am simply confused. Sorry if I have further confused. MOO
I'm not Pruddennce but both of those times you asked about show MS's makeshift bedroom.

I'm not Pruddennce but both of those times you asked about show MS's makeshift bedroom.
Thank you @Wishbone for helping clarify that and correct it. And sorry for my confusion. So that is MS ‘space’ and appears to have had a bed of some sort in it.

Looking at that area for ‘MS’….. the other IMO sad point about that is as @Gemmie showed from some of the documents in post # 570 above (linked below) is that apparently MS never actually slept in that area. Just SMH at that. :( Makes me tend to believe that it was perhaps used as a ‘facade’ for where her ‘sleeping’ quarters actually were. In case others questioned?

Lastly that bed in the ‘living room’ for MS IIUC appears to be a single or at best a twin, nothing larger….. and begs the question is that why she was sent upstairs? Into a larger bed? Again SMH. MOO

Post in thread 'FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #12'
Found Deceased - FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #12

Parents say they have unconditional love for their son. They aren't making him out to be innocent, or even likable, but as parents they love their child.

Now, MOO, they're getting into JS's role, and that doesn't sound like unconditional love. I think they want to blame her for some of what went on under her watch. Don't have to tell us, huh, we're all saying the same thing. All MOO

I am reminded again of the child welfare laws in Florida, JS NEEDS to be charged, the world is full of predators, and mothers need to protect their children:

"failing to make a reasonable effort to protect the child from abuse, neglect or exploitation by others."
Child neglect great bodily harm2nd degree felony15 years$10,000

Come on, Florida charge her. You dont need her to convict SS!

Thank you @Wishbone for helping clarify that and correct it. And sorry for my confusion. So that is MS ‘space’ and appears to have had a bed of some sort in it.

Looking at that area for ‘MS’….. the other IMO sad point about that is as @Gemmie showed from some of the documents in post # 570 above (linked below) is that apparently MS never actually slept in that area. Just SMH at that. :( Makes me tend to believe that it was perhaps used as a ‘facade’ for where her ‘sleeping’ quarters actually were. In case others questioned?

Lastly that bed in the ‘living room’ for MS IIUC appears to be a single or at best a twin, nothing larger….. and begs the question is that why she was sent upstairs? Into a larger bed? Again SMH. MOO

Post in thread 'FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #12'
Found Deceased - FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #12
Looks like a catch all room for MS's stuff and maybe play on the computer. Kinda like a kiddie playroom or something.

I am reminded again of the child welfare laws in Florida, JS NEEDS to be charged, the world is full of predators, and mothers need to protect their children:

"failing to make a reasonable effort to protect the child from abuse, neglect or exploitation by others."
Child neglect great bodily harm2nd degree felony15 years$10,000

Come on, Florida charge her. You dont need her to convict SS!
Don’t disagree @ShadyLady …… and I wonder IMO if something else might be at stake here. IANAL.

Perhaps authorities are examining much information still not known publicly. And IIUC there are no statute of limitations for the most serious charge (i.e. murder) SS is facing. However, there are for some of the lesser charges such as given in the prior post and against SS.

Maybe investigators and prosecutors want to see how the trial of SS proceeds before other charges are considered? And perhaps SS might eventually provide other evidence of JS in this matter? And if so that might then cause the nature or dynamics of the case to shift or any other possible charges to be filed? Of course any statute of limitation considerations also need to be factored as appropriate. MOO

Don’t disagree @ShadyLady …… and I wonder IMO if something else might be at stake here. IANAL.

Perhaps authorities are examining much information still not known publicly. And IIUC there are no statute of limitations for the most serious charge (i.e. murder) SS is facing. However, there are for some of the lesser charges such as given in the prior post and against SS.

Maybe investigators and prosecutors want to see how the trial of SS proceeds before other charges are considered? And perhaps SS might eventually provide other evidence of JS in this matter? And if so that might then cause the nature or dynamics of the case to shift or any other possible charges to be filed? Of course any statute of limitation considerations also need to be factored as appropriate. MOO
Yes, I hope so. It would be a real black eye on the judicial system if they condoned JS's actions.

no worries! here is the exact point in the video showing the bed in Madeline's space. I just remembered you can capture the url time at the exact spot for the image :)

with mattress protector:

without it and then they put back her belongings on the mattress when they took the bedding and the mattress cover off.

I've tried not to think about the chance that MS was pregnant, but after watching the police interview with JS it's been haunting me. Why did LE bring up topics around that possibility to begin with?
Snipped and bolded for focus.

I think it's as simple as knowing how the birds and the bees work. So, you have evidence that SS is having sex with her and they were told in an interview with her BFF that she had a missed period. Now add in the fact (as if those 2 facts weren't enough) that they feel like SS had to have snapped (I've posted about that upthread with that part of the interview video cued up). They feel that normally if a relationship is over a person will just just leave the relationship, they don't kill their way out of it. And they might even be feeling the possibility of SS & Maddie's "relationship" potentially ending due to her no longer being of the age he desires. So to them, with all their experience, they figure SOMETHING had to set him off and make him snap. And I'm in agreement with that.

JS even said there were a couple of pregnancy tests below that bathroom sink. I'll bet a pile of money on the fact that Maddie knew about them as I can't imagine her never going under there for something. TP, feminine needs, etc. She also said she didn't know if they were still there and admitted to not noticing if they were in the trash. That wouldn't matter to me because if I was barely 13, and my mom's BF was having sex with me, and I did a pregnancy test that turned out positive... I for darn sure would NOT leave it in my mother's bathroom trashcan. If anything I'd hide it in my things (just because it's not mentioned in all the reports we've seen doesn't mean they didn't find it IMO), or more likely I'd throw it away somewhere else. School, McD's garbage can, etc. Just not in my mom's trashcan.

I think it's as simple as knowing how the birds and the bees work. So, you have evidence that SS is having sex with her and they were told in an interview with her BFF that she had a missed period. Now add in the fact (as if those 2 facts weren't enough) that they feel like SS had to have snapped (I've posted about that upthread with that part of the interview video cued up). They feel that normally if a relationship is over a person will just just leave the relationship, they don't kill their way out of it. And they might even be feeling the possibility of SS & Maddie's "relationship" potentially ending due to her no longer being of the age he desires. So to them, with all their experience, they figure SOMETHING had to set him off and make him snap. And I'm in agreement with that.

JS even said there were a couple of pregnancy tests below that bathroom sink. I'll bet a pile of money on the fact that Maddie knew about them as I can't imagine her never going under there for something. TP, feminine needs, etc. She also said she didn't know if they were still there and admitted to not noticing if they were in the trash. That wouldn't matter to me because if I was barely 13, and my mom's BF was having sex with me, and I did a pregnancy test that turned out positive... I for darn sure would NOT leave it in my mother's bathroom trashcan. If anything I'd hide it in my things (just because it's not mentioned in all the reports we've seen doesn't mean they didn't find it IMO), or more likely I'd throw it away somewhere else. School, McD's garbage can, etc. Just not in my mom's trashcan.

I wonder if the LE questioning JS had the results of MS's autopsy. I would think so. In that case they would know if she had been pregnant when murdered. Supposing LE knew she was, then maybe they were just fishing around to see if JS also knew. Just speculating and I have my doubts about JS giving truthful answers anyway. JMOO

Yes, I hope so. It would be a real black eye on the judicial system if they condoned JS's actions.
Neglect in most instances is result of an inaction, a failure to do what a reasonable person or parent would do.
I believe the prosecution needs to define for a jury how the connection between SS and MS was established; which obviously involves JS. They will also need to establish the household circumstances, the presence of room mates and the sleeping arrangements and the access SS had to MS...And JS was effectively head of household, she set the parameters for the other occupants as well as MS. Additionally, JS was the authority under which the rules and norms for MS's daily life were established: who could render medication, how she got back and forth to school, under what conditions or schedule she did school work or played games on line and even how she dressed.
So I believe prosecution will call her and need to freeze her testimony to at least the elements indicated so they can anticipate her responses and conduct at trial and have a reasonable case presentation against SS. The prosecution needs to deliver information from her to the jury to convict SS on the murder charge. I believe she does not have much to contribute evidentially to the CSAM charges, that appears to be a gimme in prosecutorial terms.
I note the content of the questions asked under limited immunity: I would anticipate that they have Neglect charges as the intent and structured the questions and constrained the responses such that they still have the avenue by which to assert that charge against JS without breaching the immunity agreement. I believe that is demonstrated in the April interview, with JS's lawyer present; the proceeding is very definitive and tactical on their part. As generality, the prosecution did not pursue her in terms of any direct participation in the crimes SS is charged with; but rather her role in enabling the SA to happen.
If they don't ask the question, the scope and context of the answer is not protected under the agreement.
I believe they will charge JS with Neglect and their issue is does that neglect only support the actions associated with the CSAM charges or does it also enable the murder? I think the latter would be a tough sell to a jury. Either way, bodily harm condition would be satisfied and the potential penalty would be 15 years....
I believe they need her testimony through the end of the murder trial and then...the gloves come off.
MOO

yes, LE was spot on. and your thoughts about Madeline possibly taking a test and tossing it where JS/SS wouldnt see is quite plausible. there had to be a motivating factor and the one clue we have is his parents said he was overly stressed. but they also said again in this new interview Madeline told him to come. which IMO was a lie he told to them. he wasnt invited to the party, but he WAS invited by JS to come to her home on sunday and planned to stay a week.

yes, LE was spot on. and your thoughts about Madeline possibly taking a test and tossing it where JS/SS wouldnt see is quite plausible. there had to be a motivating factor and the one clue we have is his parents said he was overly stressed. but they also said again in this new interview Madeline told him to come. which IMO was a lie he told to them. he wasnt invited to the party, but he WAS invited by JS to come to her home on sunday and planned to stay a week.
Speculation: I still have lingering thoughts of them giving her a morning-after pill or perhaps a pill-cocktail they made themselves to end a pregnancy and didn't go well. If that is the case, it's entirely possible JS was involved, though now that I think about it, she wouldn't need SS to help her administer a pill.

Wish we knew WHY SS had to be there that night as nothing makes sense other than for the purpose of what actually happened. And, in that case, I do think JS has some responsibility in the crime, imo. She invited him to be with Maddie the night she was murdered.

Opinion.

jmo

I wonder if the LE questioning JS had the results of MS's autopsy. I would think so. In that case they would know if she had been pregnant when murdered. Supposing LE knew she was, then maybe they were just fishing around to see if JS also knew. Just speculating and I have my doubts about JS giving truthful answers anyway. JMOO
IIRC, the interview with JS on March 1 where they brought up Madeline's missing her period and possibly taking a pregnancy test and asked JS if a used one was found (because of course LE saw those test kits under the sink), Madeline wasnt found yet, but was found shortly after that interview that day.

ETA: LE was basing those questions on as to why Madeline might have been murdered: pregnancy being a significant reason based on her being S/A'd. the likelihood was high that could be the catalyst.

Last edited:
Do you think it's possible Madeline did tell SS she was pregnant and to come? Maybe the poor child thought he'd be happy about it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CatD
Back