Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
IIRC, the interview with JS on March 1 where they brought up Madeline's missing her period and possibly taking a pregnancy test and asked JS if a used one was found (because of course LE saw those test kits under the sink), Madeline wasnt found yet, but was found shortly after that interview that day.

ETA: LE was basing those questions on as to why Madeline might have been murdered: pregnancy being a significant reason based on her being S/A'd. the likelihood was high that could be the catalyst.

JS was also questioned about the home pregnancy tests in an interview at the State Attorney's office weeks later.

Detectives inquired about Maddie Soto possibly being pregnant
Another meeting between Jenn Soto and detectives revealed investigators suggested the possibility that Maddie may have been pregnant before her death, though this has not been confirmed.
The Orange County Sheriff's Office released the interviews, which took place in the weeks following the discovery of Maddie’s body. During a February 28 interview, detectives asked Jenn Soto if she had seen a pregnancy test in her home. The topic resurfaced weeks later during a questioning session with the Kissimmee Police Department at the State Attorney's office.

Do you think it's possible Madeline did tell SS she was pregnant and to come? Maybe the poor child thought he'd be happy about it.
I have to say its so hard to guess anything about Madeline. we know absolutely zero about her state of mind since we havent seen any texts/communications between her and SS and JS nor anyone else. just the 'living in the woods'. and none of her family were gushing over how how happy she was at her party, that one significant day of her life or really any day of her short life.

Madeline didnt want to go back home and granddad said he spent the day with her and got all choked up talking about eating burger king (IIRC) which he wouldnt normally do. only JS and SS gave the 'Madeline was so happy story.' and they werent there.

alot is redacted in the docs.....was her grandmom or grandpop asked why she didnt want to go home? did her aunt know about that too? its possible they provided the reason why and it did not reflect well on JS. or kept mum because they did not act on whatever Madeline told them, viewed it as a poor tween/teenage relationship with mom (as usual) and thought it was overblown?

there was only a mere glimpse from her friend she was not happy at first at her party, but got happier when a second invited friend arrived. but Madeline did lament her cash and birthday gifts were lacking. and she only provided a little insight into her several years friendship with Madeline. heck, she is the one IIRC that mentioned her asthma inhaler. some other school adult might have as well. but we didnt hear it from JS.

counselor, teachers gave a little bit of insight, but not much. mostly behavioral and academically.

anything is possible as to why Madeline called him, if she did indeed call him. thats his parents talking, they didnt talk to Madeline when he supposedly got that call from her. heck it could have been JS. we just dont know without seeing all of their phone logs.

then we have the counselor saying Madeline told her she was uncomfortable around SS, etc.

and then we have the best friend saying Madeline told her she loved SS. <---but no timeframe as to when she said that.

and JS telling the counselor Madeline was seeing a therapist weekly. true?

a mystery.

I have to say its so hard to guess anything about Madeline. we know absolutely zero about her state of mind since we havent seen any texts/communications between her and SS and JS nor anyone else. just the 'living in the woods'. and none of her family were gushing over how how happy she was at her party, that one significant day of her life or really any day of her short life.

Madeline didnt want to go back home and granddad said he spent the day with her and got all choked up talking about eating burger king (IIRC) which he wouldnt normally do. only JS and SS gave the 'Madeline was so happy story.' and they werent there.

alot is redacted in the docs.....was her grandmom or grandpop asked why she didnt want to go home? did her aunt know about that too? its possible they provided the reason why and it did not reflect well on JS. or kept mum because they did not act on whatever Madeline told them, viewed it as a poor tween/teenage relationship with mom (as usual) and thought it was overblown?

there was only a mere glimpse from her friend she was not happy at first at her party, but got happier when a second invited friend arrived. but Madeline did lament her cash and birthday gifts were lacking. and she only provided a little insight into her several years friendship with Madeline. heck, she is the one IIRC that mentioned her asthma inhaler. some other school adult might have as well. but we didnt hear it from JS.

counselor, teachers gave a little bit of insight, but not much. mostly behavioral and academically.

anything is possible as to why Madeline called him, if she did indeed call him. thats his parents talking, they didnt talk to Madeline when he supposedly got that call from her. heck it could have been JS. we just dont know without seeing all of their phone logs.

then we have the counselor saying Madeline told her she was uncomfortable around SS, etc.

and then we have the best friend saying Madeline told her she loved SS. <---but no timeframe as to when she said that.

and JS telling the counselor Madeline was seeing a therapist weekly. true?

a mystery.
They all needed to go to therapy to continue getting meds. Stimulants, and sleeping pills, etc. imo.

looks like HTC is ok to post from what I see here in the forum:
around 47:52 with protective covering and 49:12 the mattress is exposed and they tossed her stuff on it
Thanks! This definitely looks like a bed, but not the couch I remember seeing.

1727039358939.png

The couch in the lower right looks like what I remember. Perhaps they moved stuff around. I do not recall what date the pic was taken of when what looked like a couch was in Maddie's living space. Perhaps it was an older pic and I was thinking it was the current layout.

1:03 in:

HTC interviewed Stephan's parents tonight.

I haven't finished watching, but they say right off that they believe that Stephan was the lone perpetrator, contrary to what he told them earlier. They want to believe that her murder wasn't premeditated, but they admit that they can't rule it out. They hold their son fully accountable.

ETA: They say that they know that the trial process will be several years, considering the seriousness of the crime and potential penalties. They say that they find out new information from friends who see things on the news, social media and YT. They recognize that they very might receive a call one day saying that their son has been killed in jail/prison.
What stood out to me, especially since it's coming from his father (parents), is huge IMO:

"Stephan was the lone perpetrator, as much as we want to believe what he said (that there were other people involved)"

"You look at the evidence that has been presented and, uhm, it's pretty conclusive that, uhm, there doesn't appear to be anyone else involved and that he is the lone perpetrator."

"Obviously he was involved in her death and nobody else was. I don't want to believe it was premeditated but I can't rule that out but we hold him 100% accountable for his actions."

Cued up:

Also, they appear pretty together, unlike the picture SS tried to paint of them being old and decrepit.

What stood out to me, especially since it's coming from his father (parents), is huge IMO:

"Stephan was the lone perpetrator, as much as we want to believe what he said (that there were other people involved)"

"You look at the evidence that has been presented and, uhm, it's pretty conclusive that, uhm, there doesn't appear to be anyone else involved and that he is the lone perpetrator."

"Obviously he was involved in her death and nobody else was. I don't want to believe it was premeditated but I can't rule that out but we hold him 100% accountable for his actions."

Cued up:

Also, they appear pretty together, unlike the picture SS tried to paint of them being old and decrepit.

That this was a premeditated or planned murder doesn't make sense. Murder MS at home, then drive around all morning with a dead MS in the passenger seat. Not to forget multiple trips to the trash dumpster early that morning and all the other things that appear to be actions of desperation. JMOO

That's a tough place to put parents and it's a shameful, selfish thing for a child to do, but I do understand the parents' reaction. It's sad that their elder years will be marred by what he has done, but he is still their son and they love him for that.

(By "child," I mean "offspring" as in son or daughter. I don't mean "child" as in a young kid. I know that word can spark some controversy when used for an adult, but I'm referring to his role in the family not his age.)

jmo
I felt for them, I always found it hard to watch people who were left behind, whether it be the families of the victims, or the families of the offender. It's hard to watch people suffering or in pain. I had 4 sisters and a brother and we are all different , so not everything comes from the way you're parented.

Last edited:
Then again, her bedroom was in the living room and perhaps that felt too exposed to her, given that roommates lived in the house. Yes, I know that going into Bedroom #4 was far worse exposure! Why Maddie couldn't have that room I will never understand. Or, at least share with Mom without a man in there!
Maddie's space was the only room without a lock and shes the one that needed it the most.

Cued up:

Stephan looks a lot like his mother, especially the eyes, and I don't find he resembles his father at all.
MOO.

Just listened again to audio only when detectives told JS about AS photos.

She says "she" was the one that asked SS to come down as she needed help because she started new job. IT WAS NOT Maggie that wanted SS to come....yet another lie.

And she said that those photos had nothing to do with this case.....EH???

A couple things... Js says she's more of a watcher and the detective asked her to explain. Makes me think they are on to her more than any one else in this thread.

She also stated "part of the reason ss came to visit, was to help her because she had work and get ms to school... Yet, she had an appointment on Monday morning and didn't go to work? Why would she need him Monday? Doesn't make sense. Even the detective balks at it.

She says "Sexual relations with blank, but I mean whatever he has to do"... I now know she's talking about an affair ss had with another woman, but still her aloofness was more than distributing.

She's the first one to state,

"They've been sexually active"

The detectives also echo her language and it's jarring to us all, but not js.

Also, js says ss used her bathroom because the roomates didn't want to share a bathroom with a man, or someone of the opposite sex, but I wonder if it had something to do with the fact ss had history of recording roommates in the bathroom. Was it one of these roommates?

So why is she covering for him? Witlessness? Shock? Or does he have something bigger on her that he'll probably keep to the grave? Or perhaps it could come out, but why in the world is she covering for him over and over? Maybe being in the throws of a master manipulator/child molester and csa solicitor? Iirc he had other csa images on his hard drives. Forgive me if I'm incorrect. He might be far more cunning than we realize? None the less, like many before him, there were many inablers who not only out right ignored the red flags but encouraged his behavior for whatever justification or reason.

I believe they were trying to establish how much she knew about the SA. The detective seemed to be ruling out anyone else in her room the night her alarm was shut off( the night maddi died)( except SS) that kind of sounded like she wasnt involved in the murder anyway.
the questions (seemed to me) like they were designed very strategically to "out" any prior knowledge.
a lot of questions that were around the trust she had for SS " didnt you guys have a conversation about him giving her bigger and different pills"
" didnt you and Maddi think he took the christmas money"
" she said : I thought he loved her like I did"
seemed like he was questioning her trust of him more than wanting the answers to those questions. i.e, Explain how after all the things you questioned why you had such a blind trust in him?

Last edited:
I believe they were trying to establish how much she knew about the SA. It was clear to me anyway, the detective was ruling out anyone else in her room the night her alarm was shut off. ( except SS)
the questions (seemed to me) like they were designed very strategically to "out" any prior knowledge.
a lot of questions that were around the trust she had for SS " didnt you guys have a conversation about him giving her bigger and different pills"
" didnt you and Maddi think he took the christmas money"
" she said : I thought he loved her like I did"
seemed like he was questioning her trust off him more than wanting the answers to those questions.
I also think he was pushing her to come clean. I'm sure he expected that even if her motherly instinct was dormant while Maddie was alive, it surely would kick in with a vengeance against the man who repeated assaulted and ultimately killed her daughter. You think she'd be EAGER to spill the beans to the cops to make sure the perp was convicted for everything he had done.

But, nope.

jmo

I also think he was pushing her to come clean. I'm sure he expected that even if her motherly instinct was dormant while Maddie was alive, it surely would kick in with a vengeance against the man who repeated assaulted and ultimately killed her daughter. You think she'd be EAGER to spill the beans to the cops to make sure the perp was convicted for everything he had done.

But, nope.

jmo
That's the part I cannot figure out. " why " does it feel like she is still protecting his story, thats the biggest mystery.

When you hear CS say In that latest interview that on that Saturday (before he went to Kissimmee) SS had some sort of information that made him "panicked," what could that have been ?
Pregnancy? That'll put a lot of unmarried men into a panic. lol But seriously... Maybe she took a preg test and told him it was positive. Maybe she told him (perhaps he asked?) about her cycle being late. Wasn't he aware of things about Maddie that he shouldn't be aware of? Personal things about her. For the life of me I thought I remembered something about that but can't find it in anything in searchable text (data dump and the other Scribed docs Mack got for us). He knew her weight... did he know anything about her cycles? Hmmm...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Imabrattoo
Back