Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Pregnancy? That'll put a lot of unmarried men into a panic. lol But seriously... Maybe she took a preg test and told him it was positive. Maybe she told him (perhaps he asked?) about her cycle being late. Wasn't he aware of things about Maddie that he shouldn't be aware of? Personal things about her. For the life of me I thought I remembered something about that but can't find it in anything in searchable text (data dump and the other Scribed docs Mack got for us). He knew her weight... did he know anything about her cycles? Hmmm...
good memory..... SS was tuned into Madeline all right. IMO: about EVERYTHING. this was his first LE interview (audio released):

have a barf bag ready:

Q: you'd say you guys have a good pretty good relationship
SS: yeah definitely have a very strong bond you know I'm the person she goes to when her mom gets in a fight with her and she needs someone to comfort her and like I'm that person for her you know
Q how's her relationship with Mom
SS good most of the time you know puberty not long ago so she's getting the PMS mood swings and when her mom gets them too you know they butt heads and so as well as you can expect but otherwise very loving very loving this girl knows nothing but love here in this house she hardly ever hears the word no, double-edged sword that is.

SS good most of the time you know puberty not long ago so she's getting the PMS mood swings
THAT WAS IT! Thank you! I was searching for the wrong word (menstrual, cycle, period, etc.) I KNEW he knew too much personal info on Maddie. Why would a BF, or *gag* "stepfather" know that much about a girl who was barely 13 yrs old? A better question than "why" is for what purpose? It starts with a P!

THAT WAS IT! Thank you! I was searching for the wrong word (menstrual, cycle, period, etc.) I KNEW he knew too much personal info on Maddie. Why would a BF, or *gag* "stepfather" know that much about a girl who was barely 13 yrs old? A better question than "why" is for what purpose? It starts with a P!
and how does he know all this, they broke up and hes been gone for a year (supposedly), must be the daily FaceTime chats.

Pregnancy? That'll put a lot of unmarried men into a panic. lol But seriously... Maybe she took a preg test and told him it was positive. Maybe she told him (perhaps he asked?) about her cycle being late. Wasn't he aware of things about Maddie that he shouldn't be aware of? Personal things about her. For the life of me I thought I remembered something about that but can't find it in anything in searchable text (data dump and the other Scribed docs Mack got for us). He knew her weight... did he know anything about her cycles? Hmmm...
Maybe he was keeping tabs on her text messaging and she sent something to someone else? Or… I keep thinking about the YouTube channel she told her friend she had and she was going to show her face when she hit X number of subscribers… is it possible he didn’t want her to do that because of the identifying marks on her face? If he was selling her photos / videos and she disclosed her identity to the masses on YouTube it may have left him at risk of exposure as a pedo because if they knew who she was it wasn’t going to be hard to work out who the men in her life were.

Maybe she told him on the Sat that actually, she wasn’t coming home on the evening he wanted her there (bc remember, she cried and so grandma had her spend time with her grandfather instead of going somewhere (I think home) on Saturday and maybe it meant he couldn’t deliver on a promise of CSAM material to someone which left him in danger?

Not sure. But if he was panicked it’s going to prob be something about him being mad or feeling threatened imo.

I feel so bad for Madeline. I think this case has hit me harder than others because I clearly remember myself at that age: graduating from kid to teenager (tween wasn't a thing back in the Mesozoic age), excited for the future, but also daunted by it.

That's what I see in Maddie's eyes.

Also weariness and sadness that shouldn't be there.

Rest in peace, dear child. I hope wherever you are, you can feel the love so many of us have for you.

Neglect in most instances is result of an inaction, a failure to do what a reasonable person or parent would do.
I believe the prosecution needs to define for a jury how the connection between SS and MS was established; which obviously involves JS. They will also need to establish the household circumstances, the presence of room mates and the sleeping arrangements and the access SS had to MS...And JS was effectively head of household, she set the parameters for the other occupants as well as MS. Additionally, JS was the authority under which the rules and norms for MS's daily life were established: who could render medication, how she got back and forth to school, under what conditions or schedule she did school work or played games on line and even how she dressed.
So I believe prosecution will call her and need to freeze her testimony to at least the elements indicated so they can anticipate her responses and conduct at trial and have a reasonable case presentation against SS. The prosecution needs to deliver information from her to the jury to convict SS on the murder charge. I believe she does not have much to contribute evidentially to the CSAM charges, that appears to be a gimme in prosecutorial terms.
I note the content of the questions asked under limited immunity: I would anticipate that they have Neglect charges as the intent and structured the questions and constrained the responses such that they still have the avenue by which to assert that charge against JS without breaching the immunity agreement. I believe that is demonstrated in the April interview, with JS's lawyer present; the proceeding is very definitive and tactical on their part. As generality, the prosecution did not pursue her in terms of any direct participation in the crimes SS is charged with; but rather her role in enabling the SA to happen.
If they don't ask the question, the scope and context of the answer is not protected under the agreement.
I believe they will charge JS with Neglect and their issue is does that neglect only support the actions associated with the CSAM charges or does it also enable the murder? I think the latter would be a tough sell to a jury. Either way, bodily harm condition would be satisfied and the potential penalty would be 15 years....
I believe they need her testimony through the end of the murder trial and then...the gloves come off.
MOO
Brilliant!

Speculation: I still have lingering thoughts of them giving her a morning-after pill or perhaps a pill-cocktail they made themselves to end a pregnancy and didn't go well. If that is the case, it's entirely possible JS was involved, though now that I think about it, she wouldn't need SS to help her administer a pill.

Wish we knew WHY SS had to be there that night as nothing makes sense other than for the purpose of what actually happened. And, in that case, I do think JS has some responsibility in the crime, imo. She invited him to be with Maddie the night she was murdered.

Opinion.

jmo
A fascinating thought.

I feel so bad for Madeline. I think this case has hit me harder than others because I clearly remember myself at that age: graduating from kid to teenager (tween wasn't a thing back in the Mesozoic age), excited for the future, but also daunted by it.

That's what I see in Maddie's eyes.

Also weariness and sadness that shouldn't be there.

Rest in peace, dear child. I hope wherever you are, you can feel the love so many of us have for you.
She’s an angel now.

What stood out to me, especially since it's coming from his father (parents), is huge IMO:

"Stephan was the lone perpetrator, as much as we want to believe what he said (that there were other people involved)"

"You look at the evidence that has been presented and, uhm, it's pretty conclusive that, uhm, there doesn't appear to be anyone else involved and that he is the lone perpetrator."

"Obviously he was involved in her death and nobody else was. I don't want to believe it was premeditated but I can't rule that out but we hold him 100% accountable for his actions."

Cued up:

Also, they appear pretty together, unlike the picture SS tried to paint of them being old and decrepit.
well their tune has changed. why is that?

DS's hissy fit about doc dumps: she has an expectation that FOIA docs released should be run by them? CS: "we hear from friends' (when info is released)....DS: 'nobody is giving us a 'heads up' on anything'. we are mushrooms, we're kept in the dark.'

if they want to know why SS hasnt communicated with them, call his lawyer and ask...instead they accuse the jail personnel.

their message basically was 'dont criticize us because we choose to continue to love and support our son'. some people will, some people wont. IMO, they proclaimed their son is the sole murderer to establish a positive public perception of them which is IMO self-serving and quite astonishing to me, harsh.

I do feel for parents/partners/any relation to horrific monsters, if they are not monsters themselves. everyone connected to them in their life are affected. forever. as well as Madeline's. Perhaps I sound grumpy about them feeling the need to publicly proclaim they arent responsible for his crimes......however....

people will forever discuss and analyze how someone like their son evolved into what he is. he was born, he had a childhood, he grew into adulthood, and unfortunately it originates with them. for people that dont know them (like myself), all I have are their words, how they convey those words and body language (video) to discuss. kind of like meeting someone for the first time, not knowing anything of their persona. but you will kind of know if you will get along or at best, like them going forward or feel something was off. for me, something was off.

the need to speak out (too many topics to discuss in this moment), and squeeze in complaints was off-putting to me.

They have never published the cell phone records have they? Wonder if they have confirmed who called SS that Saturday, if anyone.
no cell records. I can understand no texts by Madeline being released, she is a minor, but JS and SS cell records and texts, wonder why not? I am so curious about the saturday call that freaked him out (so say his parents).

Video interview on 01/03
I got home around 10:30 I started getting ready for bed myself I started eating and taking my
meds cuz I have to take meds when I went to take my meds I realized oh my God I forgot to take my
Saturday night's meds which is why I felt so weird and so abnormal and not myself Sunday while I was at work
everyone at work noticed I was acting different and not being myself like I couldn't smile in front of guests I
felt this wave of depression that I hadn't felt in years it was my bipolar symptoms coming up again that I just
I've been medicating myself for for all this time I realized I forgot to take my meds
and I said you guys I need a good night's sleep I need to take my meds
um I sent them to sleep upstairs in the guest bedroom so that I could get a good night's sleep.

So it seems to suggest here that she realised sunday evening that she forgot her meds. But that defeats the purpose that she asked SS to come help with MS because she needed a good nights sleep but supposedly she didnt know that yet then. It's confusing.

Also how coincidental is it she behaves and feels like that on the last day MS is alive.
Jmo

no cell records. I can understand no texts by Madeline being released, she is a minor, but JS and SS cell records and texts, wonder why not? I am so curious about the saturday call that freaked him out (so say his parents).
That call would have been the first, which had been the reason to reset his phone, I think. But I hope, all the calls were restored somehow by experts.

good memory..... SS was tuned into Madeline all right. IMO: about EVERYTHING. this was his first LE interview (audio released):

have a barf bag ready:

Q: you'd say you guys have a good pretty good relationship
SS: yeah definitely have a very strong bond you know I'm the person she goes to when her mom gets in a fight with her and she needs someone to comfort her and like I'm that person for her you know
Q how's her relationship with Mom
SS good most of the time you know puberty not long ago so she's getting the PMS mood swings and when her mom gets them too you know they butt heads and so as well as you can expect but otherwise very loving very loving this girl knows nothing but love here in this house she hardly ever hears the word no, double-edged sword that is.
THAT is exactly, what JS must have made possible by talking too much about these intimate topics. She seems to be fixated on such topics concerning s.ex/physicalities/physical functions (incl. meds), and in 2017 she found a boyfriend SS, who appreciated that verrry much (too much). SS was excited because of it and told his friend/s, that this woman would accept a lot more than others (similar wording). - MOO and my feeling.

I have to say its so hard to guess anything about Madeline. we know absolutely zero about her state of mind since we havent seen any texts/communications between her and SS and JS nor anyone else. just the 'living in the woods'. and none of her family were gushing over how how happy she was at her party, that one significant day of her life or really any day of her short life.

Madeline didnt want to go back home and granddad said he spent the day with her and got all choked up talking about eating burger king (IIRC) which he wouldnt normally do. only JS and SS gave the 'Madeline was so happy story.' and they werent there.

alot is redacted in the docs.....was her grandmom or grandpop asked why she didnt want to go home? did her aunt know about that too? its possible they provided the reason why and it did not reflect well on JS. or kept mum because they did not act on whatever Madeline told them, viewed it as a poor tween/teenage relationship with mom (as usual) and thought it was overblown?

there was only a mere glimpse from her friend she was not happy at first at her party, but got happier when a second invited friend arrived. but Madeline did lament her cash and birthday gifts were lacking. and she only provided a little insight into her several years friendship with Madeline. heck, she is the one IIRC that mentioned her asthma inhaler. some other school adult might have as well. but we didnt hear it from JS.

counselor, teachers gave a little bit of insight, but not much. mostly behavioral and academically.

anything is possible as to why Madeline called him, if she did indeed call him. thats his parents talking, they didnt talk to Madeline when he supposedly got that call from her. heck it could have been JS. we just dont know without seeing all of their phone logs.

then we have the counselor saying Madeline told her she was uncomfortable around SS, etc.

and then we have the best friend saying Madeline told her she loved SS. <---but no timeframe as to when she said that.

and JS telling the counselor Madeline was seeing a therapist weekly. true?

a mystery.
True, but one thing we do know for a fact is that Maddie was being sexually abused and manipulated by SS from the age of 8. How was this child supposed to function with any normalcy when her home life was so chaotic and abusive? It infuriates me and listening to JS makes me even madder.

Totally disengaged in the emotional and physical welfare of her daughter IMO.

MOO

Thanks! This definitely looks like a bed, but not the couch I remember seeing.

View attachment 532893

The couch in the lower right looks like what I remember. Perhaps they moved stuff around. I do not recall what date the pic was taken of when what looked like a couch was in Maddie's living space. Perhaps it was an older pic and I was thinking it was the current layout.

1:03 in:
SS was taking nude photo of the other roommates according to this link at the 2:20 mark. What a perverted sick little man. :mad:

That seems like an apartment of horrors to me.

JMO

JMO

I have to say its so hard to guess anything about Madeline. we know absolutely zero about her state of mind since we havent seen any texts/communications between her and SS and JS nor anyone else.
Do you know where they found those pictures? The sexual ones? at school? in her room? were they hidden or somewhere someone might find them? Wonder if it was a cry for help/ hoping someone would notice.

When you hear CS say In that latest interview that on that Saturday (before SS went to Kissimmee) SS had some sort of information that made him "panicked," what could that have been ?
Thankful to see at least one pic of them. DS and CS, I think?

ETA: I don't like to view the videos ....

Last edited:
Looks like a catch all room for MS's stuff and maybe play on the computer. Kinda like a kiddie playroom or something.
Maybe, room #4 had to be perfectly CLEAN without recognizable stuff/furnishings/curtains around the bed or on the walls? Photos/videos of CSAM can be recognized and traced one day with it's location, if identifiable things are seen. So no option at all to give the room #4 also to Maddie as her children's room. All her stuff had to be hidden behind a folding screen. No time and space for poor Maddie to be awake and living like any other human would have been able to do, except being in her little corner. MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Imabrattoo
Back