Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
the call on saturday, his mother claimed it was Madeline calling SS, first she says Madeline invited him, then she thinks that call from Madeline was to confirm. no one knows except LE who called him...after that call he was freaked out. but one thing for sure, the visit WAS planned as a week's stay per JS and SS's mother said she knew about him going a week prior.....decided to gift Madeline with something she bought for herself but felt they were too juvenile for her, brand new earrings. his parents thought he was going to her BD party. that was not the case, he was not invited.
JS said different things in different interviews. I cant remember which one, but I heard her said she called SS to help her.

The more I see this interview, the more I think she knew about the sexual assaults on her daughter. I think JS is as big of a liar as SS. It takes one to know one and to put up with one.
MOO.
She is right: when you find out someone is a pedophile and was abusing your daughter but you don't down grade them, instead you still have that closeness with them, thats a problem.
That's just common sense, no disorder in the world will justify that.

Last edited:
JS said different things in different interviews. I cant remember which one, but I heard her said she called SS to help her.
I want to scream, "Help you with what?!?"

Maddie could've stayed at grandma's house that night, which would've been easier on absolutely everybody.

WHY was he there??

jmo

well their tune has changed. why is that?

DS's hissy fit about doc dumps: she has an expectation that FOIA docs released should be run by them? CS: "we hear from friends' (when info is released)....DS: 'nobody is giving us a 'heads up' on anything'. we are mushrooms, we're kept in the dark.'

if they want to know why SS hasnt communicated with them, call his lawyer and ask...instead they accuse the jail personnel.

their message basically was 'dont criticize us because we choose to continue to love and support our son'. some people will, some people wont. IMO, they proclaimed their son is the sole murderer to establish a positive public perception of them which is IMO self-serving and quite astonishing to me, harsh.

I do feel for parents/partners/any relation to horrific monsters, if they are not monsters themselves. everyone connected to them in their life are affected. forever. as well as Madeline's. Perhaps I sound grumpy about them feeling the need to publicly proclaim they arent responsible for his crimes......however....

people will forever discuss and analyze how someone like their son evolved into what he is. he was born, he had a childhood, he grew into adulthood, and unfortunately it originates with them. for people that dont know them (like myself), all I have are their words, how they convey those words and body language (video) to discuss. kind of like meeting someone for the first time, not knowing anything of their persona. but you will kind of know if you will get along or at best, like them going forward or feel something was off. for me, something was off.

the need to speak out (too many topics to discuss in this moment), and squeeze in complaints was off-putting to me.
My heart is heavy for the parents — no matter what, the murder was not their fault. SS owns that act and CSA — he made his own choices. She has no control over her looks but I had a difficult time watching this as physical similarity is hard to put aside while hearing some of her opinions and “explanations.” The tone of her voice is revealing over the course of the full interview — much more than sadness.

It was hard to listen to IMO, SS's Mom did most of the talking and talking over. Probably was the dominant parent figure.

MOO
I kind of wonder with her disapproval of sleeping arrangements if it ever occurred to her to call social services checkout situation at home. I’m sure she could never imagine how bad it really was, but she knew the bed sharing was inappropriate. I’m *not* blaming her, just wondering. MOO.

OMG OMG OMG

I THOUGHT I heard this and went back to confirm.

Remember how JS has said over and over that she could count on one hand the times she sent Maddie to sleep with her abuser?

I'm posting a link to the raw video. BBM

JS: "For the most part if it's a school night and [redacted] school, I send them upstairs because I know my alarms are going to go off super early in the morning and I don't want to wake HIM up."

OMG OMG OMG this woman

Edited: Also around 49:00

Paraphrased: when she sleeps with me she's really hard to get up in the morning but when she has to wake herself up and set her own alarms (When does she do that, Jen?) she's up and out of bed.

Maybe because she wants to the get the erf out of bed ASAP away from her abuser?

Last edited:
OMG OMG OMG

I THOUGHT I heard this and went back to confirm.

Remember how JS has said over and over that she could count on one hand the times she sent Maddie to sleep with her abuser?

I'm posting a link to the raw video. BBM

JS: "For the most part if it's a school night and [redacted] school, I send them upstairs because I know my alarms are going to go off super early in the morning and I don't want to wake HIM up."

OMG OMG OMG this woman

Edited: Also around 49:00

Paraphrased: when she sleeps with me she's really hard to get up in the morning but when she has to wake herself up and set her own alarms (When does she do that, Jen?) she's up and out of bed.

Maybe because she wants to the erf out of bed ASAP away from her abuser?
Not seeing any links that you're referring to with your timestamps. Thanks for the timestamps but there's been a lot of videos in recent days. Unsure of which one you're talking about and I'd love to go check. :)

I kind of wonder with her disapproval of sleeping arrangements if it ever occurred to her to call social services checkout situation at home. I’m sure she could never imagine how bad it really was, but she knew the bed sharing was inappropriate. I’m *not* blaming her, just wondering. MOO.

Even if it did occur to her, she would never do anything that might get SS into trouble.

In their interview they indicated that although they think SS is guilty, they are still putting $ into his commissary account. Just think, your son has been charged with two of the most heinous crimes imaginable but you still want to support him by making sure he can afford to buy as many treats as he's allowed.

I'm a woman but I can well imagine that if I were a 37-year-old man accused with pretty much incontrovertible evidence that I had SA'd a child starting when she was 8, and was the sole suspect in her murder, my parents would have said "Bye Felicia. We raised you better than that and you chose to do that with that little girl so you're on your own."

JMO of course but sheesh.

Not seeing any links that you're referring to with your timestamps. Thanks for the timestamps but there's been a lot of videos in recent days. Unsure of which one you're talking about and I'd love to go check. :)

Trying again. I think I was so upset I forgot to post the link. Let me know if this works.

ETA: how many discrepancies can you spot between this interview and her other ones?

I would love to delve into this further but unfortunately I have another full-time job.

Last edited:
In the interview that I hope I linked correctly above, she's so unnaturally calm after just being informed of her daughter's SA.

And she has the audacity to say that Maddie is kind of "abnormal."

OMG OMG OMG

No loving parent of a child with special needs ever, EVER, EVER refers to that child as "abnormal."

yes, always too involved, but doesnt ask questions? why is SS all stressed out on saturday? their reaction to him, he might go off, so they dont say/ask anything. I can appreciate they have been dealing with his behaviour probably all his life, most certainly his adult life...heck, his father actually said out loud they were glad he was leaving to give them a break (paraphrasing).

my grumpy post reflected back on his dad's first LE interview talking about his LE job from way back when and the history of his own employment. this conversation with LE is when CS was told "your son has been arrested for sexual battery, essentially rape, and thats where we are at in this investigation". CS wants to know how many counts and was told just one right now but there could be more as the investigation is still unfolding and there could be more. they dont tell him about the CSAM. CS mumbles something about JS, and LE tells him they cant disclose victim information...and goes on to tell him JS is aware SS has been arrested. told he is free to talk to her if he wants.

he begins to ask can JS go back to the house and then asks 'where is she going to stay'? whattttttttttt? IMO, he was worried he would have to put JS up somewhere. "can she go back tonite????" CS: more questions about the status of the lincoln and JS's car.

now bear in mind, he is just told his son is arrested for sexual battery/rape but then he blurts out at some point he and his wife are going to experience blowback because of the situation. incredulous, actually saying out loud they are going to be victimized. IMO, both of them say the oddest things OUT LOUD. during that same interview: CS: 'I'm I'm I'm just I'm pissed that he's done this to us, done this to himself done this to somebody else.'

somebody else?????? Madeline is still missing (but soon to be found), his son is arrested and he's busy chatting/yapping toward the end of this interview about how he taught his son to be respectful of LE and blah blah, all his great parenting skills. pissed??? its unnerving.
And now we see where SS gets it from.

https://www.scribd.com/document/761...-the-investigation-into-Madeline-Sotos-murder

yes various explanations. she did call him but these arrangements werent last minute, unless I missed that explanation, there is so much between the two of them!

Page 50: this explanation: to help with madeline and the dog because she was training for a new job. he was to be staying the week.

subpoena interview in April with her attorney: narrative, page 73:
reason for SS: answer: when Madeline stays with her mother she doesnt see her as much. if SS watches her, she would be able to see her more at home.

same April interview: she talked to him about possibly moving back in....was going to help him get back on his feet, didnt know if it was going to be temporary or permanent...

same April interview: why would she allow him to stay in her home since they were broken up: she considered him one of her BEST FRIENDS. she didnt want him to slip back into mental issues, 'like before"

in this same doc, page 50, she claims she doesnt remember when he arrived, saturday OR sunday.

his audio interview with detective in the car on 2/27: he said he arrived over the weekend, he is then asked what day, hesitated, but then said it was 'ssssssssssunday, oh yeah sunday, the evening, after her birthday party, 8:30ish maybe, just in time to make sure she did all her nite time routines'<-------gag

Ive mentioned this before: both of them were hesitant to say what day he arrived. why?

as a side note: the typed up report docs have a date for 'Occurred': 2/25/24 ..... typo?

The more I see this interview, the more I think she knew about the sexual assaults on her daughter. I think JS is as big of a liar as SS. It takes one to know one and to put up with one.
MOO.
IMO, she was so desperate for a man, that she offered up her own child to him if that would keep him from leaving her. Unbelievable.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
minushka
Back