Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Now I want to know, what time he arrived in north port, the alleged missing hard drive, that his dad thought he recovered in storage, and later determined that hard drive found in storage hadn't been used since 2020. Mom said he didnt get in the house. I wonder if LE has confirmed that.

Watching that recent interview with D and C Sterns on HTC, it is quite something. Particularly hearing Debra discuss poor wittle SS and his challenges in school. Sounds to me like mama always had an excuse for him even then. He was too hyper, things distracted him, teachers were mean and didn't teach right, he had to take a test by phone and I wasn't allowed to be in the room during it (she seemed irritated by that ) and of course I "helped" him with his homework, any mother would.

He had no impulse control, he did what he did and then paid consequences later. [SS s a teen]
and then played the victim.
SS per DS needed "wounded birds" to take care of when selecting friends, dating partners as a young adult. He looked for damaged goods.
to look for people worse off than you , so you can perceive yourself to be better. It's probably how he got any self esteem at all.
its like an old classic.
Light sabers and pokemon are evidence per CS of the "disconnect" their adult son seems to suffer. "we were just never able to get him to assimilate into adult life"

Last edited:
It was hard to listen to IMO, SS's Mom did most of the talking and talking over. Probably was the dominant parent figure.

MOO
I agree. for her to bring up her 'forgiveness' divorce filing, for me was an indication she never let him forget it even after 30 years. which kind of defeats the purpose of the 'we are so private' mantra.

IMO, she humiliated him by bringing it up. I am in no way judging why people change their minds and work thru domestic issues. but by her bringing it up as a bone of contention about deep diving sleuthers, she actually gives it legs all over again....discussions will continue to pop up about the historical relationship dynamic of SS's parents and how his father was a liar and cheater way back when.

DS says SS probably sought out counseling/therapy years ago and continued with it because "he wanted to get a marijuana prescription"

Q: was he going for symptoms of trauma?
DS A: pfft, we don't know . .
CS A: He felt like he needed it for anxiety, I don't know, depression. Uh to calm him.

DS: he didn't want to do something unless he could do it well. It's hard to get him to try something new. He was a perfectionist and a perfectionist with everyone else around him. I think that he was an emotional bully

DS: I think he wanted people to rise to his level. People don't understand, Stephan had an IQ that bordered on genius. Seriously, I'm not saying that because I'm his mother. He was tested. Vey high IQ but the functionality levels that he had with that IQ was not there.

Yes!! Thank you for highlighting his dad's behavior as well.

I recall js saying something to the detective about how ss lies to his parents. He once lied about driving down to Sarasota to hang out with them all weekend. Why? Did they tell him they didn't like him going there? I wonder who all knew certain things and turned a blind eye?

Eta and yes, what was ss so stressed about Saturday? Why was js "really out of sorts" that Sunday?
IMO, JS lifted the SS statement he lies to his parents from CS. she did alot of 'chatting' with him when he came there to be with them at the hotel and IMO was alerted by his dad, SS is a liar. really? /s

IMO, his parents and JS during their entire relationship didnt have any significant conversations or interactions with JS when she visited with Madeline. which it appears wasnt much. and according to the parents, JS hardly socialized with them when she was there.

I wonder if he went back to North Port, to try to access another computer for 2 factor authentication.
at 39:48 she mentions 2 factor authentication, I clipped before 39:48 for context, but listen for about about 4 minutes. she said he was so fixated on checking his emails for packages (BS) when the police have asked you to wait outside while they search your house, because your kid is missing, do you think you'd be panicked about checking for your deliveries at that time?
Something expecting, what LE shouldn't have seen? But WHY at this address, when he only just had arrived there?
If anything will make sense one day, it would be nice.

I think one reason for the vagueness of when he visited in recent weeks and months is because of the pregnancy possibility. Otherwise, why not state precise dates? The time around and following the holidays seems foggy.

jmo
They will know exactly when he was there just based on his phone data. It won't be a mystery.

Both the embedded dates in the CSAM and which towers he was pinging off should give a very precise timeline for his visits, as well as his text conversations with JS.

MOO

Something expecting, what LE shouldn't have seen? But WHY at this address, when he only just had arrived there?
If anything will make sense one day, it would be nice.
are you wondering why they were at this address ( so fast) when Stephan just arrived in north port that night? and why LE didnt notice the missing hard drive? I dont even remember if they went inside? LE had trackers on all the vehicles I believe? after the first night

True about making sense, they always try to have an explanation,
IE, why she asked CS to lawyer up SS
Her: I saw the sex stuff but I didnt believe he killed her, I didnt believe she was missing, I still thought he dropped her off and they were after the wrong guy. Makes sense to her I guess.

They will know exactly when he was there just based on his phone data. It won't be a mystery.

Both the embedded dates in the CSAM and which towers he was pinging off should give a very precise timeline for his visits, as well as his text conversations with JS.

MOO
I still cant get the cars straight. When did SS use JS's car and why? And another lie was MS asked to be dropped of blocks from the school because she was embarrassed about SS's car....sooooo many lies.

For sure JS and SS agreed to the "story" they would tell...

I still cant get the cars straight. When did SS use JS's car and why? And another lie was MS asked to be dropped of blocks from the school because she was embarrassed about SS's car....sooooo many lies.

For sure JS and SS agreed to the "story" they would tell...
SS drove his dad's Lincoln (AKA the poodle ambulance) up to Kissimmee, because he said his car needed a lot of work. Dad said it would probably break down and end up costing dad so he let SS take the Lincoln,
SS drove that Lincoln to take maddi to school that morning and to drive to st cloud when he left maddi in the bushes. Then he got a flat tire and put a spare on it. returned to the condo
Monday night or early Tuesday morn) drove to st cloud and he took Jens car ( Nissan) , because his tire had a spare and he told her he wanted to go look for maddie.
Tuesday night or ( wed early morning) north port drive, he left in jenns car ( Nissan) without telling her.

Last edited:
You cant believe anything with these 2, they have 3 explanations for everything. You need more than their word, cell records would help.
Im sure the cops are already at the bottom of this, after hearing CS say that SS was in a mood on Saturday.,
cell records...her subpoena interview with her lawyer present:

WJ: Okay. And once he moved up to bedroom 4, were there instances where Madeline would sleep alone upstairs with him?

JS: (Deep sigh) I’m going to say...

WJ: I want you to think carefully before you answer, because obviously, we've gone through your phone and we've seen *all the conversations that you've had with Stephan, so it's clear that that's occurring. So I'm giving you the chance to answer the question.

JS: Yeah, I'm just trying to figure out how many times it’s happened.

*all of their conversations....will even a portion be released? all we got was the sunday nite tidbit text, because it was about the time it occurred, and the cryptic nest msg, texting each other while one floor apart and of course, she doesnt remember what that meant.

SS drove his dad's Lincoln (AKA the poodle ambulance) up to Kissimmee, because he said his car needed a lot of work. Dad said it would probably break down and end up costing dad so he let SS take the Lincoln,
SS drove that Lincoln to drive maddi to school that morning and to drive to st cloud when he left maddi in the bushes. Then he got a flat tire and put a spare on it. returned to the condo
Monday night or early Tuesday morn) drove to st cloud and he took Jens car ( Nissan) , because his tire had a spare and he told her he wanted to go look for maddie.
Tuesday night or ( wed early morning) north port drive, he left in jenns car ( Nissan) without telling her.
regarding his dad's car: LE saw a gun in the Lincoln, back pocket but didnt take it...it was before the search warrant. SS stated he keeps it in the car. JS stated its kept in #4 bedroom. who moved it to the bedroom? the search warrant indicates the gun, holster and ammo were retrieved from that bedroom. the lincoln had a round of unspent ammo retrieved from the glove compartment.

another question: JS says he was going to be staying the week AND possibly longer. why no supply of clothes?

regarding his dad's car: LE saw a gun in the Lincoln, back pocket but didnt take it...it was before the search warrant. SS stated he keeps it in the car. JS stated its kept in #4 bedroom. who moved it to the bedroom? the search warrant indicates the gun, holster and ammo were retrieved from that bedroom. the lincoln had a round of unspent ammo retrieved from the glove compartment.

another question: JS says he was going to be staying the week AND possibly longer. why no supply of clothes?
yes!! they have photos that were taken Tuesday evening right? why did he need a gun anyway? for that trip? Im in canada we dont carry guns around here, so might be normal for Florida.

MOO
All we know about is the LE body cam or dash cam from that accident that was close to his house in north port, Im sure LE knows more. We dont get to know yet.

regarding the bathrooms: in her LE video/audio released she states:

JS: So I sent them upstairs..... I think he may have come down at one point to pee before bed and then he went back upstairs. he uses my restroom cuz the roommates upstairs don't want to share a restroom with a male so he uses my restroom um....

I agree with you. IMO, I still believe she never saw Madeline that nite alive. gifts, happy, money, sent to bed, said goodnite and thats it. she's upbeat and chatty with LE in the car on the way to operations where the video interview occurred. at that time she added the Sister Act movie which she says they didnt finish watching. IMO, part of SS's script. that tidbit never showed up again in her subpoena interview and she was given a chance to include it:

MM: Okay. That night—Saturday or Sunday night—when you guys were spending this half hour of time together, was all you that you were doing talking about gifts and counting her money, or were you guys doing anything else?

JS: Just asking her for more details about the party and telling me, like, what I missed. She seemed like she had a really good time.
I totally agree. Zero details about what Maddie told her about the party. The only detail JS provided was happily explaining a Puerto Rican dish that didn't really give info about the party or evening itself. What about counting the money - did you stack in piles, was it coins or dollars, in envelopes or cute packages? Was it a lot? Did Maddie have plans on how to spend it? Where did she stash the money before going to bed? Did she receive any gifts at all, like JEWELRY from SS's mom, trinkets, clothing, games?

Details like that from your daughter's last night would be remembered easily and would give LE a better idea of what happened. As a mom, you'd expect her to cling to those last details.

But, nope. No details from the conversation about the party.

I don't think she saw Maddie at all that night.

jmo

MOO
Right. I'm referring to the interviews and how the dates seem vague. I think they are vague for a reason.

jmo

I totally agree. Zero details about what Maddie told her about the party. The only detail JS provided was happily explaining a Puerto Rican dish that didn't really give info about the party or evening itself. What about counting the money - did you stack in piles, was it coins or dollars, in envelopes or cute packages? Was it a lot? Did Maddie have plans on how to spend it? Where did she stash the money before going to bed? Did she receive any gifts at all, like JEWELRY from SS's mom, trinkets, clothing, games?

Details like that from your daughter's last night would be remembered easily and would give LE a better idea of what happened. As a mom, you'd expect her to cling to those last details.

But, nope. No details from the conversation about the party.

I don't think she saw Maddie at all that night.

jmo
One thing I noticed is that she really explains her state of mind Sunday night, in the march 1st interview , she talks about how she came home and realized she forgot to take her meds on Saturday night, and that is why she was so spaced out Sunday and in a state of depression , couldnt smile at the customers during her training and how"all her co-workers noticed".
Thats right, better get that answer out of the way before LE starts to question your co workers about anything, and you have to explain it" I would like to clip it but every creator doesnt start at the same spot the one I found I dont think is an approved source. The one im looking for happens right after the detectives walk in the door about 5 min in.

Last edited:
One thing I noticed is that she really explains her state of mind Sunday night, in the march 1st interview , she talks about how she came home and realized she forgot to take her meds on Saturday night, and that is why she was so spaced out Sunday and in a state of depression , couldnt smile at the customers during her training and how"all her co-workers noticed".
Thats right, better get that answer out of the way before LE starts to question your co workers about anything, and you have to explain it" I would like to clip it but every creator doesnt start at the same spot the one I found I dont think is an approved source. The one im looking for happens right after the detectives walk in the door about 5 min in.
This is interesting, JS was spaced out etc on Sunday, SS was stressed on Saturday after a phone call that he said was from Maddie.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lupa
Back