Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
SS's parents are unfathomable to me. His room was so filthy his mother joked about putting a hazmat sign on the door and they had to tiptoe around in case their daily routines would wake him up, and yet it never occurred to them to kick him out AT THE AGE OF 37.

Did they never hear "my house, my rules?"

no verification. In that video I posted above CS asks, " have you verified he was in the storage unit that night? and the cop basically says "no the info is wishy washy" I cant remember his exact words. and later CS asks ' well how did he get in there... ? (as in to hide the hard drive, he even describes how easy it would be to slide to the back)
Listening to them ( all of them ) twist things is just crazy making.
All geniuses no doubt. :rolleyes:

SS's parents are unfathomable to me. His room was so filthy his mother joked about putting a hazmat sign on the door and they had to tiptoe around in case their daily routines would wake him up, and yet it never occurred to them to kick him out AT THE AGE OF 37.

its fun to stay at the YMCA... :D

It was too late by then, the damage was already done. If they never gave him any responsibilities, expectations and consequences while growing up, it’s no wonder he’s a lost, useless excuse of a man.
They say “a parent’s job is to teach their children how to live without them.” Those two obviously failed miserably. IMO

It's so interesting to look at things in retrospect.

March 1 press conference in which Sheriff Mina announces they are confident Maddie is dead. At around 6:41--"detectives have spoken to her mother and as you can imagine, the reaction only a parent would have."

If this is the 2/29 interview he is referring to, the first reference of Maddie being dead is at 42:16 and it is most certainly not the reaction a normal parent would have.

And it goes on after that. She's just been informed that her daughter is most likely deceased (and shown a photograph to prove it!) and somehow manages to carry on something like a normal interview afterward.

If JS knew of the murder before LE appeared and had questions, she as the mother actually must have been still shocked and upset. Didn’t she feel a bit sorry for her child at all, for Maddie's fear and pain during the time of her murder? Incomprehensible. Her lack of emotions would be better to understand, if she was the killer herself, who laid hands on. IMO

Last edited:
Didn’t she feel a bit sorry for her child at all, for Maddie's fear and pain during the time of her murder?

Snipped for focus

I don't think so. I'm starting to think she didn't care about Maddie at all, and possibly viewed her as a rival for SS's affections--hence the Woody Allen reference. And was relieved that her rival was eliminated.

She has said nothing good about Maddie from day one. Instead it was all she's so forgetful, she's kind of abnormal, etc. She has NEVER said she loved Maddie.

If it came down to her seeking justice for Maddie's murder or protecting SS from the consequences of Maddie's murder, she would choose to protect SS every time. IMO

A lot of us instinctively recognized this early on, and now that her police interviews have been released, we can see that the cops saw the same things we did.

thing is, we only think there is a hard drive missing b/c CS said he saw him on the computer Sunday morning. Who knows if thats true? it cant be verified b/c there is no hard drive !!!
Where was that desk top ? they said stephan never came out of his room, so did they see him on it in his room? did they ever go in there? b/c I highly doubt Stephan would be using a desktop anywhere else, if it had any CSAM on it at all.
The story is: all of a sudden the hard drive is missing, looks suspicious right? , yeah the desk top he gave L/e didnt have a hard drive but who knows how that came about if youre only going by one persons word.
and how would this help? if it was a ruse?

I dont get the feeling CS is worried about anything other than protecting his son, IOW I dont think hed be implicated.
smoke and mirrors and very hard to make heads or tails of anything. I hope L/e has the answers.
I have no idea at all about computers, but I know, I have an external hard drive in addition to the hard drive in the laptop. My "home-expert" told me to have it like that, since my laptop had problems and had been in repair also. My thought as an PC-"idiot" is: Could have SS worked with an external hard drive only, after removing the hard drive time ago already?

ETA: CS saw his son on the computer - okay. But what was he doing there? Did he operate the keyboard or did he look at the inner workings and tinker around?

Last edited:
And she’ll blame that on lack of sleep and her meds. Both of them, always tired, in a fog, not responsible for anything due to all of the medications they “need”. What a life.

And this is infuriating. They are stigmatizing people who rely on those meds for their mental health and yet function normally just fine.

Snipped for focus

I don't think so. I'm starting to think she didn't care about Maddie at all, and possibly viewed her as a rival for SS's affections--hence the Woody Allen reference. And was relieved that her rival was eliminated.

She has said nothing good about Maddie from day one. Instead it was all she's so forgetful, she's kind of abnormal, etc. She has NEVER said she loved Maddie.

If it came down to her seeking justice for Maddie's murder or protecting SS from the consequences of Maddie's murder, she would choose to protect SS every time. IMO

A lot of us instinctively recognized this early on, and now that her police interviews have been released, we can see that the cops saw the same things we did.
Absolutely! During those interviews, that was not a mother trying to hold it together emotionally for the sake of the task at hand, helping detectives to find the person responsible for her child’s death.
That was apparent on the day MS was reported missing and the police interviewed her inside of her Mom’s office. She was ready for them, all talk, no tears. IMO

They behave just like Jen: nothing good to say about their child (except that he has a high IQ). SS seems to be a single burden to them, like Maddie represented to her mother.

I have no idea at all about computers, but I know, I have an external hard drive in addition to the hard drive in the laptop. My "home-expert" told me to have it like that, since my laptop had problems and had been in repair also. My thought as an PC-"idiot" is: Could have SS worked with an external hard drive only, after removing the hard drive time ago already?

ETA: CS saw his son on the computer - okay. But what was he doing there? Did he operate the keyboard or did he look at the inner workings and tinker around?
I would imagine he would have seen him with the display on?
what did L/e even go to the north port house for that night? they were there when DS was calling for maddi, did they go in? and you'd think they would have noticed the desk top then.

And this is infuriating. They are stigmatizing people who rely on those meds for their mental health and yet function normally just fine.
I agree. Chemical imbalances in the brain is often the cause for mental disorders and fortunately those medications allow those people to be able to function normally in life and not lose hope. But these two these self absorbed drifters, don’t want to grow up. IMO

right, like when she said she was out of sorts for missing her med's Saturday, making it sound like missing one dose of a bP2 med, almost sent her off the deep end. when others say thats not true.

Hi guys. I don't know if I'm slow on the uptake or what, but I rewatched the video where SS is arrested, and the detective says he's under arrest for capital sexual battery.

I didn't realize that he's facing two possible DP sentences, unless I'm not understanding that correctly.
CSA aged 12 and under in FL is a capital offense punishable by the death penalty, yes. There is evidence of the abuse going back years. I’d imagine the prosecution didn’t state their intent to seek the death penalty in that case for some reason or another. MOO

If JS knew of the murder before LE appeared and had questions, she as the mother actually must have been still shocked and upset. Didn’t she feel a bit sorry for her child at all, for Maddie's fear and pain during the time of her murder? Incomprehensible. Her lack of emotions would be better to understand, if she was the killer herself, who laid hands on. IMO
I know exactly what you mean. Those two did something together, IMO.
Time will tell. And as you watch her being interviewed, her entire focus is on absolving SS from any responsibility of MS’s death. Perhaps I missed it, but I haven’t seen genuine anger or desperation from her with finding the person who murdered her child. No moment of breakdown for her,
no crying out her daughter’s name, no tears, runny nose, swollen eyes, nothing. Her emotions are controlled, her monotone voice, so matter of fact, certainly not of a woman who is in disbelief that she will never see or hold her child in her arms again. She’s displaced. She’s worrying about something else. IMO

right, like when she said she was out of sorts for missing her med's Saturday, making it sound like missing one dose of a bP2 med, almost sent her off the deep end. when others say thats not true.
You’re right, it’s not true. But being the drama queen and attention seeker that she is, everybody has to know about her and her problems.
She wants pity and reasons to blame all of the misfortunes on in her life.
IMO

I agree. Chemical imbalances in the brain is often the cause for mental disorders and fortunately those medications allow those people to be able to function normally in life and not lose hope. But these two these self absorbed drifters, don’t want to grow up. IMO
After reading her livejournal, and listening to all the interviews, my take is that she could not put in the time and effort to become successful at something or “stick with” something and she saw that as a failure. Rather than work on why that is or ways to deal with it - she scapegoated mental health for her failings. Over time she just kind of regressed…into this. Maybe she started to believe it, maybe she didn’t have to try very hard, and her overall affect atrophied.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Herbstreit926
Back