Found Deceased FL - Makuach “Paul” Yak, 30, 7th grade basketball coach, missed tournament, Delray Beach, 20 May 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
A random thought. Makuach is a native of South Sudan. Has he gained US Citizenship? Perhaps he is seeking asylum somewhere and needed to go "off grid" for a bit to make it happen. No idea how that would come to pass because I am definitely not versed in that topic. JMO
It sounds from the thread that he is a Native of Africa and is simply in the U.S. to do some coaching. So I don't know if that counts as "employed" in the U.S. for the purpose of the asylum process. Here is a link to the government webpage on the asylum process. Asylum | USCIS

As with many from south sudan he very likely came years ago with refugee status. There were/are the famous "lost boys" and still is so much violence that i am sure his family already had to endure.
I hope he is found safe.

Last edited:
I don't have Facebook. For those who have looked there, does it seem like he gets along with his roommate?

His family has been very organized and informative. Lots of community members rooting for Coach Yak.

It would be extremely bold to attack, assault, or rob a 6'4" athletic-looking dude in a random attack, especially during daylight morning hours
I feel really bad for his family. I do for all MP families, but especially in a situation like this where they are on a whole other continent. They have been very forthcoming with information and they clearly want to do the best they can to help even if they are really far away.

This is my thinking, too. He was a 6'4 fit guy - NOT the type of person most people would want to randomly attack. If he had a stalker, maybe, but that's pretty unlikely.

I can't see him choosing to leave his life based on what we know. At this point in time I think it's likely to be a health thing (possibly related to anemia, possibly not) or that he got lost/trapped somewhere.

It sounds from the thread that he is a Native of Africa and is simply in the U.S. to do some coaching. So I don't know if that counts as "employed" in the U.S. for the purpose of the asylum process. Here is a link to the government webpage on the asylum process. Asylum | USCIS
I thought the family entered the US when he was a young boy.

So sad. He influenced a lot of kids with his coaching. Those kids probably looked up to him and will never forget his generosity of time.

The Delray Beach Police Department said 31-year-old Makuach Yak, also known as Paul, was found dead on Friday evening. His body was located inside the Delray Oaks Natural Area along SW 29th Street.

Police say Yak's death does not appear to be criminal in nature. The medical examiner's office is determining the cause of death.

So sad. He influenced a lot of kids with his coaching. Those kids probably looked up to him and will never forget his generosity of time.

The Delray Beach Police Department said 31-year-old Makuach Yak, also known as Paul, was found dead on Friday evening. His body was located inside the Delray Oaks Natural Area along SW 29th Street.

Police say Yak's death does not appear to be criminal in nature. The medical examiner's office is determining the cause of death.
I was so heartbroken to see this. I was hoping for a better outcome. He was clearly very well-liked in the community; every news article comment section and everything I read was full of moms and dads of kids he coached in Florida, talking about how much their kids loved him and how heartbroken and worried they were that he went missing. :( His family also adored him and spoke highly of him, I cannot imagine the pain they're feeling now.

As sad as it is, I'm glad they were able to find his body so his family and friends can have answers. I hope LE is able to get to the bottom of this. With them saying it didn't appear to be criminal/a homicide I'm really thinking it was accidental. JMO and I know we don't know at this time.

Rest easy Coach Yak.

I was just coming here to post this. How very sad. It seems he was loved by so many. My deepest condolences to his family and friends.
I hope LE is able to make an arrest.

I was just coming here to post this. How very sad. It seems he was loved by so many. My deepest condolences to his family and friends.
I hope LE is able to make an arrest.
I'm not sure one is warranted at this point
Police say Yak's death does not appear to be criminal in nature. The medical examiner's office is determining the cause of death

I hope his death was as peaceful and painless as possible...I hate that I have to say that since I wish he was still with us. Since it doesn't appear to be a homicide I'd like to think he died in no pain surrounded by nature...I know that's optimistic, to say the least. Just seems to be the best option here. :(

DelrayBeachPD_MakuachYak_052723823584.jpg

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024