GUILTY FL - Matteo 'Patrick' Giovanditto, 58, found murdered, Celebration, 25 Nov 2010

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Welcome geogeo. Glad to have you here. I've always assumed that Mr. Giovanditto had some sort of past he was running from. There've been many curious details which I've uncovered in my research. I check this case frequently but haven't seen any updates. Would you be willing to explain under what sort of "cloud" Mr. G left his previous positions? Do you believe that his stepfather's business was a factor in his death? Did he primarily work at boys' schools?

The Lehrman Day School is a Jewish day school in Miami. Here's their website:

http://www.lehrmanschool.org/

As for the Crossroads School in Davie, I'm not finding a current website. I see a couple of CVs of psychologists/therapists who worked at a Crossroads/Cross Roads School or Crossroads Academy in the 90s but nothing current. There's a Crossroads Christian School which is a homeschooling group which has centers in all 50 states. I wonder if that school no longer exists.

i met patrick when i took my then 10 or 11 year old son to the crossroads school in davie fla. for a summer camp program. i went to check the place out as it was a good hour and a half from our home and i took my son with me to see if he liked it. patrick took us on a tour, i had to fill out a bunch of paperwork and ultimately we decided on crossroads summer program for my son. patrick was the principal of the school during the school year and was head of the summer program. i had been involved with the detailed process of finding a Big Brother for my son so he would have a male role model/friend/advisor etc. Big Bros. Assoc. found 2 brothers and once the relationship started discovered they weren't good matches. and then there was patrick. almost like a g_dsend. he requested if he could be my son's big brother. i am a private investigator. i checked him out in every way i knew of and he came back squeaky clean. he wove his way not only into my sons life but our entire family. he started taking my boy on trips. disney, the everglades etc. things that ecould be day trips. then i was injured in an accident and was hospitalized and bedridden for more than a year. patrick ended up taken my son on a trip around the world. what looked so picture perfect wasn't perfect at all. even though when i always asked my boy if patrick ever did any inappropriate things to him he said no. but he was a child and he was frightened and ashamed. the results of patrick's assaults on him have affected his entire life. patrick was a pedophile. he's a rapist. he was the absolut worst of the worst. the things he did and the way he did them were incredibly horrible. he wove his way in, he used his psychologist work to manipulate a child's mind, he knew how to cover his tracks in every way and he was probably one of the most clever, cunning pedophile predators i ever heard of. i found out the details of all this recently because someone who got angry at my son because of the breakup of a relationship started texting me about this whole deal with him and patrick. hence i went online to find out where he was. i was so angry i FELT like i could hurt him . i would never do that but that's how bad it feels. i feel responsible for the young man in jail for murder. if only there was a way i could have blown patrick's cover a long time ago maybe that never would have happened. all of you who wrote about "red flags". OMG. you can't imagine in your wildest dreams how true they are. i am trying to figure a way to get to the jail where this young man is in osceola county florida and see if there is anything i can do to help him. i would bet my life and my childrens and grandchildrens life on the fact that he did the same things to this young homeless man. and i don't know how but i want to learn how to use the internet as a tool to find all the children patrick did this to. i know he did it before my son because he told hime way back then. people like patrick are soooo sick and demented that they cant stop. how much sense does it make that a retired professional who supposedly hired a young homeless man a job washing his car would have him inside his home having drinks, on his computer, blah blah blah. one thing to note.....the patrick that i knew for several years on a day to day, EVERY single day basis absolutely NEVER drank alcohol. at our holiday dinner table as part of the religious ceremony and prayers everyone either has at least a sip of the wine. if they didn't at all then touched their tongue to it. patrick wouldnt even do that. right now i can hardly type this post because my hands are shaking so badly. patrick was pure evil dressed up as professional child counselor, teacher, school principal (always for troubled youth), highly intelligent, the supposed son of a mafia cosa nostra.

blueinsautee thank you for that valuable post. You speak for so many victims on this forum.

Blue--Welcome. I am tremendously sorry about your son's abuse. I cannot say, though, that it surprises me in the least. I think there are many many more victims. You are correct in that Giovanditto was good. He was bright and he was selective. The "best" pedophiles always seek out children where there is some sort of vulnerability, no matter how small.

I am so hopeful that your son is getting the help he deserves. Therapy can do wonders. There is also a great website which he might be interested in:

http://www.malesurvivor.org/

It has been very helpful for several of my sons who were raped. Your son is certainly not alone in his experience.

WS threads are a great resource for the public. My goal is to have one on every possible "helping professional" pedophile so that the victims can find others who have been hurt.

I agree with you concerning the young man who was arrested. I've had many questions as to what led up to the murder. The young man seemingly wanted to get caught as he drove the man's car to his home and parked it. I would hazard a guess that they'd had contact in the past.

It sounds as if you've been forged into a child advocate. Welcome to that circle. The very first thing I would do is to contact any school you are aware of where Giovanditto worked and request that a letter go out to the alumni about this murder and arrest. He's not convicted yet, obviously, but it would be prudent and appropriate to alert prior students anyway. If you are stymied at that option, due to the schools' hesitancy, I'd see if you could contact some sort of alumni group for the school. Possibly they'd be willing to send out an email.

IME, those who've been abused by a helping professional, often google the name. If they do, they'll find news articles and this forum.....where they are most welcome.

Once again, it's great to have you on board. I'll see if we can have Giovanditto's name added to this header. That can make it easier to find.

In looking to see if any more info is out there, I ran across something I think I missed:

http://celebrationblog.com/499/matteo-giovanditto/

This is a community blog for Celebration. Giovanditto had been a registered poster since November 2005. There's an interesting comment in Giovanditto's last post (Thursday, Nov. 25th at 1:47 pm) about a book someone is looking to borrow:

"...I selected 1,000 volumes from my personal library at home to bring to Florida. (Perhaps strange but I derive some level of comfort from having them around)......I am always happy to promote cultural literacy, especially among young people. If I don't have the work here, I may have it at home and I can bring it back after one of my periodic trips up north."

more at link (plus some comments)

This would have been just prior to his death, I believe. So, where is home? It sounds as if Celebration was a second home and that his primary residence is "up north". I'm also just a tiny bit bothered by the books themselves. If this man was a pedophile or child *advertiser censored* collector, you can bet your bottom dollar that he'd keep his 1,000 volumes close by.

There's something not right about this entire case and many unknowns about Giovanditto's past. Very worrisome.

I also noted a small detail that I missed. Zenon Murillo says that he found a hatchet in the closet which he used to kill Giovanditto as he was furious that the older man had tried to drug his drink. Who would have time to go looking for a hatchet in a closet in a rage? Wouldn't one just grab whatever was handy?

Giovanditto also had a Chihuahua, Lucy. I have three and they are devoted little dogs and can be very protective. Lucy was not harmed. Last I heard, a neighbor had taken her in. She might have been in another part of the house but I still find it interesting that Zenon Murillo did not harm her, even though she must have barked and made a fuss. I'm thinking that these two men had some history together. Lucy either knew Zenon Murillo or the young man had no intention of doing anything other than what he did.

William Lynch and Father Jerold Lindner come to mind.

The book? Niccolo Machiavelli's "The Prince". An interesting note on Wiki about it:

"...The descriptions within The Prince have the general theme of accepting that the aims of princes, such as glory, and indeed survival, can justify the use of immoral means to achieve those ends...."

The title is the derivation of the word Machiavellian:

"Suggestive of or characterized by expediency, deceit, and cunning"

msizzy said:
So, where is home? It sounds as if Celebration was a second home and that his primary residence is "up north".

I search on integrascan and there is a listing MPG at <modsnip> MEDFORD MA though maps take ages to load for me so I cant see if it is a residential address or what...

That state was chosen as this thread has an article that says he was a native of there. A few in FL as well. Site is free for address search but sometimes asks you to order so I can't search other states now.

We've got a few things that simply do not add up. From the press release:

http://images.floridakiss.com/index.cfm?lsFuses=department/Sheriff/43934
Dec. 6, 2010

"...Murillo cooperated with the investigation and told detectives he was drinking with the victim at his condo on November 24 when they became involved in an argument. Murillo became enraged and struck Giovanditto with an ax that he found in a closet. He told detectives he continued to hit the victim's head in the floor until he became unconscious....."

and

"....On November 29 at approximately 9:37 a.m., Osceola County Sheriff's deputies responded to 543 Water Street in Celebration. Upon arrival, deputies spoke with a witness who indicated she went to check on her neighbor and found a person deceased in the apartment...."

But the post on the Celebration forum was dated on the afternoon of November 25th and then there's this:

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...101130_1_first-homicide-celebration-crimeline

Dec. 1, 2010

"...Sometime over the Thanksgiving weekend, however, somebody killed Massachusetts native and former teacher Matteo Patrick Giovanditto, 58, in his condo on Water Street, the Osceola County Sheriff's Office said. The killing was an isolated incident and the public has nothing to fear, investigators say...."

And then on Find a Grave:

Matteo P. Giovanditto
Birth: 1952
Massachusetts, USA
Death: Nov. 29, 2010
Celebration
Osceola County
Florida, USA

So, the admitted killer is stating that he killed Giovanditto on November 24th. And yet Giovanditto (or someone) posts about a book on the afternoon of the 25th, Thanksgiving Day. The body isn't found until the 29th, by a concerned neighbor. No doubt that was used as the date of death. I would think that an autopsy could determine how long the man had been dead though. And why did the news source say that this was an isolated incident on December 1st? They got a tip about the car on November 30th but they didn't bring Murillo in for questioning until December 4th.

Is it possible that Murillo left some sort of note or confession inside the car, which assured LE that this was indeed an isolated act and possibly where to find him at his "campsite"? However, it still took several days to find him.

So, who wrote the post about "The Prince"? Was it some sort of message?

For Matteo P. Giovanditto, age 58:

Matteo Patrick Giovanditto
Mattco Giovanditto
M Patrick Giovanditto
Matteo Govadnitto

Hallandale, FL
Toltec, AZ
Hallandale Beach, FL
Hollywood, FL
Saugus, MA
Manchester, NH
Casa Grande, AZ

<modsnip>.

Note to new posters: We need to always be careful to use only initials for those "uninvolved".

Frederick Champa, Giovanditto's stepfather was indicted in March 1994 :

http://ma.findacase.com/research/wfrmDocViewer.aspx/xq/fac.19940307_0000031.DMA.htm/qx

".... Frederick Champa is a seventy-two year old of Saugus, Massachusetts where he has lived in a home he owns for the past thirty-five years. He was born in Italy and came to this country at age 18 and was subsequently naturalized. He served with distinction in the Army from 1941 to 1945 receiving a bronze star with oak leaf cluster. He has a brother in Medford and two brothers who reside in Maine. He is married with no children. He receives Social Security and has not been employed since 1988. For twenty-five years prior to that he ran a discount store in Revere. He has considerable financial assets including a $ 25,000.00 IRA and $ 35,000.00 in a "store checking account." He owns real estate in Revere worth $ 500,000.00. He has had the following conditions: diabetes, asthma, hypertension, gout, stenosis of the spine and cataracts. He has never abused drugs or alcohol and never been treated for any mental condition. His criminal record dates back to 1952 when he was charged and convicted of larceny of an automobile and received a 4-5 year sentence....."

If he was alive, he'd be 89. However, there's also a man with the same name, listed as 91, in Medford, MA. Not sure if that might be a brother and they share the same first name. Interestingly enough, Mr. Champa's known residences mirror those known for Giovanditto. I'm assuming that Mr. Champa's wife is/was Giovanditto's mother. She's listed at the same addresses.

OK, looks like Champa passed away on July 18, 2007 and was predeceased by his wife RMC.

Saugus, MA
Medford, MA
Somerville, MA
Revere, MA
Hollywood, FL
Davie, FL
Kissimmee, FL

go to this web site ; other sex abuse victim
by a priest

http://losgatos.patch.com/articles/...for-man-charged-with-beating-los-gatos-priest

or check out this on 48 hours crimsider Aaron Vargas kills molestor 2 pages view 17 comments

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20007937-504083.html

also check out this Oprah show on 16 year old killed his molestor also;
news stories of the '90s. On April 2, 1993, Ellie Nesler, a single mother seeking justice, shot and killed her son's accused rapist in the courtroom.

Some hailed Ellie as a hero...but that didn't help her case. She was charged with voluntary manslaughter and convicted.

Read more: http://www.oprah.com/oprahshow/How-Child-Molestation-Tore-the-Nesler-Family-Apart#ixzz1VQxNedG1

and a mother killed a molestor for molesting her child;

http://www.oprah.com/oprahshow/How-Child-Molestation-Tore-the-Nesler-Family-Apart

http://www.oprah.com/showinfo/Exclusive-The-16-Year-Old-Boy-Who-Killed-His-Molester_1

We have a thread on the Los Gatos attack on Father Jerald Lindner by William Lynch. I fully understand the festering anger. What I'm wondering is if Murillo was a former student or someone who Giovanditto met recently and called to his home. Neighbors reported that he frequently worked with at-risk youth. For some reason, Murillo's photo nor actions are leading me to believe that he fits that description. Being that Murillo immediately confessed, I have to be believe that he must have somehow planned this as a payback for horrid abuse in the past.

What I don't understand is how he knew there was a hatchet in the closet and just who sent the posts about the book a couple of days after Giovanditto was supposedly killed. Obviously we don't have all the facts but those available in the media simply don't add up. Can I ask on what day the murder did occur? Was Murillo in the house for several days?

It would be wonderful if the victims sought help and stepped forward. Since you are familiar with the case, Exposethetruth, can you find out if there is a particular detective whom any victim or parent can contact for more information? That would be helpful to post here.

I still think that the alumni organizations of the schools where Giovanditto taught should be contacted. We've had one former student log on to the this thread with wonderful memories of Giovanditto. My guess is that he was very particular about the victims he chose.

In looking back over articles concerning Murillo's arrest, I found one that I don't see posted. The British Tabloids are not the most dependable for information but they often include details not covered in the US press. It doesn't seem that Murillo's story has changed one whit. He admitted to the murder but said that he couldn't "justify it". He said that Giovanditto spiked his drink. I didn't realize that they'd known each other in the past:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...id-Israel-Murillo-axed-friend-wanted-sex.html

'He got what he deserved': Axe-wielding homeless man murdered man 'who wanted sex' in Disney town

"....David-Israel Murillo, 28, beat, strangled and attacked Matteo Giovanditto with an axe at the victim's home after a drunken fight. There is speculation that Murillo attacked Mr Giovanditto after the older man, who he had got back in touch with after first meeting a year ago, attempted to have sex with him...."

and

"...Police said Murillo was identified as a person of interest because his photo was found on Mr Giovanditto's computer and his fingerprints were found in his flat...."

more at link

Then, there's this one. I don't remember the comment about phone calls from a gas station. I wonder who he called?

http://www.aolnews.com/2010/12/06/arrest-made-in-disney-towns-first-homicide/

"...."[Murillo] was identified early on by detectives as a person of interest because his photo was located on the victim's computer, his fingerprints were found in the victim's condo and phone calls from a gas station close to where the victim's car was located were made by Murillo several hours after ... Giovanditto's death," the sheriff's office said in a statement..."

This confuses me. Why would a man who had just committed a murder in a fit of rage, keep the murder weapon at his campsite? Wouldn't he toss it in the woods or the ocean? So many details about this crime point to a man who is just waiting to get picked up. I have to believe that there's some serious history here, between Murillo and Giovanditto. Given what we've read on this thread about Giovanditto targeting young boys, I have to consider that Murillo had known this man for quite a while. After all, Murillo's photo was on Giovanditto's computer. Did Murillo send it to him or was it taken from a date site or FB or was it taken during the last visit? This article says that Giovanditto "invited" Murillo over to his home so they either ran into each other or were in phone contact. Being that Murillo used a gas station phone after the murder, it doesn't sound as if he had a cell or a laptop.

Isn't there some sort of a message conveyed when the murderer covers the body?

http://www.aroundosceola.com/index....-sept-6&option=com_content&catid=82&Itemid=57

"...Detectives obtained a search warrant for Murillo&#8217;s Kissimmee campsite in a wooded area behind the Ramada Inn off East U.S. Highway 192, and found the murder weapon as well as Giovanditto&#8217;s Apple iPad, cash and collector&#8217;s coins.

In 2008, Murillo was sentenced in Osceola County to nine months in jail for carrying a concealed firearm and battery on a law enforcement officer."

more at link

Several sites have said that Giovanditto worked as a therapist with at-risk and homeless youth. However, Murillo would hardly have been a "youth" in 2008. I wonder if he's struggled for years and was ever sent to one of the schools where Giovanditto taught?

Exposethetruth--Sometimes posts get pulled when they don't follow the TOS. WS is highly moderated and they are quite strict with us. If you do read on this thread again, is it possible to post the name of a detective or the defense attorney so that any victim or a family member of a victim could call or write. We have a number of threads where police are looking for other victims and I'm all but certain that the State of Florida wants to know the full truth about Giovanditto and how Murillo came to kill him.

We all get posts removed now and then or get things snipped from our posts. I wouldn't feel too badly about it. I am very interested in the information you have and am hopeful that Mr. Murillo's full story gets out there. Anyone who googles Giovanditto will most likely find this forum and if you post a contact name and number, they will see it.

Hope you keep posting.
<modsnip> i never asked for it ,the info obtained
was to be used to prove other victims[exsisted] ,i wasnt[ wanting] the nitty gritty[the details] on the crime,just a simple sworn afidavit,it would be entered as evidence,[i really had hoped for that]
or try to enter ,really ,the best thing is to go public ,but you see people dont want to tal;k about the abuse ,its humiliating ,imagine the guts it took for a man ,to say that to the news,on live tv,david did it,

david doesnt have a chance to prove he was sexally abused,because the jury will not believe it,thanks to the media
david is not seeking to be released,but of course it would be nice if he didnt get the dp. ok

<modsnip>..
you need to remember ,i did give my number and 1st name to that contact
i was going to tell them who i was ,but now ,why bother..
how can i trust ,if no one trusts me..

DAVIDS desire is the truth to be spread far and wide..by any means..
he had hoped for an interview,the police are not wanting info on other victims,really ..the man is dead,and i think they should have stopped this man long ago..they had complaints.!
they dont care ..if they did they would have stopped matteo,they knew what he was doing ,this was admitted to me by a detective ok,ill swear on it!and now that man is dead.VERY SAD!AND ANOTHER IS SITTING IN JAIL! CAUSE NOTHING WAS DONE!
<modsnip>
hopefully this post wont be deleted..less than 3weeks till trial if it dosent cancel,maybe someone will care enough to come foward with a statement,
if they cant appear at court,and remember the attorney is a public defender,
paid by the state,ok [to convict him]the attorney was contacted ,wont respond,ok
after the trial it will be too late to affect that outcome..you CANNOT ASSUME THE ATTORNEY CARES..

Exposethetruth--I care. Very much. It sounds as if you are someone close to Mr. Murillo and are terrified about his trial. I can't blame you at all. I applaud you for trying to help him anyway you can. You will not find that WSers are put off by discussion of sexual abuse. Not at all. I am the mother of eight rape victims. That's why I'm here--to expose pedophiles. If you've read this entire thread, you'll notice that we've all thought something was "off" about this murder from the very start. That is exactly why I did quite a bit of research into this man. I suspected something like this.

However, in going through the investigative process and judicial system with my children, I've learned quite a lot. Let me address a few of your comments.

You are correct that public defenders are slammed and often don't return calls. They often have little time. However, they all have access to investigators. If I were you, I would find out who this investigator is and introduce yourself. Tell them what information you have. Let them know that you've been contacted by other victims. Then they will tell you what you need to do. Affidavits must be prepared as directed by an attorney. They need to follow a specific format. It's also important that the investigator not think that you are speaking to other victims and sharing information as that is called tainting the testimony. They want to do the interviewing and get the affidavits themselves. You can certainly let them know if you have some names and you can certainly ask other victims to contact the attorney and the investigators. But with our judicial system, the rules must be followed or evidence and affidavits can be thrown out or disallowed by the judge. This case is a very serious one and you don't want that to happen. This is one time that we citizens are absolutely forced to follow the guidelines. Judges won't allow anything else.

If you can afford it, I would consider getting an attorney or going to a low cost or free legal aid group and telling them your story. They might be able to give you some excellent advice.

You can certainly contact other WSers by private message but I would be very cautious about giving out your phone number or much private information. Be ready to direct them to the appropriate professional in Florida. I also suggest not sharing a lot of information or "comparing notes" as you might be called to testify and you will be asked about this.

Just because Giovanditto is dead does not mean that his victims have no recourse. They certainly have a right to civilly sue his home insurance, his estate and/or his former employers. It sounds as if he had access to hundreds of kids and the word needs to get out about his death. Once again, I think that the alumni organizations for these schools would be a good resource. We've even had people post ads on Craigslist asking if someone has been a victim of a particular person. The important thing to remember is that the contact person cannot be you but must be someone within law enforcement or with the Public Defender's office.

And no, I never assume that an attorney cares but remember, there are appeals and there are Post Conviction Relief Trials (where a convicted person sues their attorney for not representing them effectively). These trials are paid for by you and me, the taxpayer so that everyone gets a chance at them.

As to the trial date, I will be very surprised if it occurs on the date listed. We're seeing most murder trials take 1.5-3 years to come to trial. There are always delays. And the very fact that victims of Giovanditto will hopefully be contacting the PD's office is surely a reason for a delay.

Without knowing all the private details of this case, it would be very important, IMO, to help Mr. Murillo put together a timeline. When did he first meet this man? What was their relationship? What does Murillo know about other victims or things he saw in the house or overheard? If there is some history between the two men (no matter what it is), that will come into play during trial.

And lastly--a suggestion. Don't spend lots of time trying to call the PD's office. I would write out a letter to him, have it notarized and send it return receipt requested. This process just costs a few dollars and can be done at any notary's office and the post office. This way, you'll know that he received the letter (as he'll have to sign for it) and you'll have legal proof that it was sent and received. There's no way he can deny hearing from you. Keep a paper trail of everything you do, log every phone call, make copies of everything and take notes. If you communicate with someone by email, run a copy of it for your file. Believe it or not, these kinds of records--even just jotted notes in a regular notebook are admissible evidence.

No one here on WS is judging you harshly. We all understand that this must be a very stressful time for you. We're trying to help.

Exposethetruth--I care. Very much. It sounds as if you are someone close to Mr. Murillo and are terrified about his trial. I can't blame you at all. I applaud you for trying to help him anyway you can. You will not find that WSers are put off by discussion of sexual abuse. Not at all. I am the mother of eight rape victims. That's why I'm here--to expose pedophiles. If you've read this entire thread, you'll notice that we've all thought something was "off" about this murder from the very start. That is exactly why I did quite a bit of research into this man. I suspected something like this.

However, in going through the investigative process and judicial system with my children, I've learned quite a lot. Let me address a few of your comments.

You are correct that public defenders are slammed and often don't return calls. They often have little time. However, they all have access to investigators. If I were you, I would find out who this investigator is and introduce yourself. Tell them what information you have. Let them know that you've been contacted by other victims. Then they will tell you what you need to do. Affidavits must be prepared as directed by an attorney. They need to follow a specific format. It's also important that the investigator not think that you are speaking to other victims and sharing information as that is called tainting the testimony. They want to do the interviewing and get the affidavits themselves. You can certainly let them know if you have some names and you can certainly ask other victims to contact the attorney and the investigators. But with our judicial system, the rules must be followed or evidence and affidavits can be thrown out or disallowed by the judge. This case is a very serious one and you don't want that to happen. This is one time that we citizens are absolutely forced to follow the guidelines. Judges won't allow anything else.

If you can afford it, I would consider getting an attorney or going to a low cost or free legal aid group and telling them your story. They might be able to give you some excellent advice.

You can certainly contact other WSers by private message but I would be very cautious about giving out your phone number or much private information. Be ready to direct them to the appropriate professional in Florida. I also suggest not sharing a lot of information or "comparing notes" as you might be called to testify and you will be asked about this.

Just because Giovanditto is dead does not mean that his victims have no recourse. They certainly have a right to civilly sue his home insurance, his estate and/or his former employers. It sounds as if he had access to hundreds of kids and the word needs to get out about his death. Once again, I think that the alumni organizations for these schools would be a good resource. We've even had people post ads on Craigslist asking if someone has been a victim of a particular person. The important thing to remember is that the contact person cannot be you but must be someone within law enforcement or with the Public Defender's office.

And no, I never assume that an attorney cares but remember, there are appeals and there are Post Conviction Relief Trials (where a convicted person sues their attorney for not representing them effectively). These trials are paid for by you and me, the taxpayer so that everyone gets a chance at them.

As to the trial date, I will be very surprised if it occurs on the date listed. We're seeing most murder trials take 1.5-3 years to come to trial. There are always delays. And the very fact that victims of Giovanditto will hopefully be contacting the PD's office is surely a reason for a delay.

Without knowing all the private details of this case, it would be very important, IMO, to help Mr. Murillo put together a timeline. When did he first meet this man? What was their relationship? What does Murillo know about other victims or things he saw in the house or overheard? If there is some history between the two men (no matter what it is), that will come into play during trial.

And lastly--a suggestion. Don't spend lots of time trying to call the PD's office. I would write out a letter to him, have it notarized and send it return receipt requested. This process just costs a few dollars and can be done at any notary's office and the post office. This way, you'll know that he received the letter (as he'll have to sign for it) and you'll have legal proof that it was sent and received. There's no way he can deny hearing from you. Keep a paper trail of everything you do, log every phone call, make copies of everything and take notes. If you communicate with someone by email, run a copy of it for your file. Believe it or not, these kinds of records--even just jotted notes in a regular notebook are admissible evidence.

No one here on WS is judging you harshly. We all understand that this must be a very stressful time for you. We're trying to help.
THANK YOU..
good advice on mailing the letter ,but what do i say,the attorney ,and prior attorney is ignoring my info,and me,
yes i am close to david ,yes i hope people would contact attorney ,one has here on this site but ,they were ignored also,
good idea maybe they can send sworn affidavit ,certified or registered mail with return reciept ,proving they sent it to attorney,and if he ignores them then ,what

well im ,not terrified, but frustrated, im very concerned that david gets a fair trial,
and his wishes are that everyone knows the truth,
and i do too,

All of us want the truth to come out. If the Public Defender is ignoring your calls and other victims' calls, work your way up the chain of command. Ask the receptionist who Murillo's attorney's supervisor is. You'll probably get a voice message so be ready with a short but clear reason why you are calling. Try to sound strong but not emotional. I would not write an affidavit nor ask anyone else to do so, until you've gotten clear instructions from someone with the local law enforcement or the Public Defender's office.

The other thought I've had is that since it is public knowledge just where Giovanditto lived when he died, victims and their families can contact a sex crimes detective with the local police department. If they've been looking for Giovanditto for years due to his abuse, now they know where he was. If I'm not mistaken, a person can make a report about abuse posthumously if it pertains to another crime.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slowloris
Back