FL - Michelle Mishcon, 53, & John Stevens, 59, brutally murdered, Tequesta, 15 Aug 2016 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I hear In The Air I think about the Miami Vice episode when Sonny gets shot. But I do love the song.

Still pondering several things.

That Toadies videos opens with a woman's body wrapped in plastic, held with tape, and being dragged to and into a lake.
The lead singer is a killer and sings about it.

It makes me uncomfortable. It's disturbing. I have never seen anything like it in a music video.

I think to myself, that guy has to be a sociopath. Might be, many are successful. But where did this come from in the mind really and surely it doesn't mean that it's very many fans are sociopaths or fantasize murdering women.

I think, being from the 90's...we heard it and it did not seem so graphic. And that bass riff is,..well,killer.

But then I ask myself, why does this feel different with the incredibly graphic movies & tv programs we call entertainment. Makes the song not much of anything in comparison.

And, also, we here, WS'rs follow such cases on a frequent basis.

It still feels fundamentally diffferent being expressed in music but I can't exactly pin down why.

I do want to chat more about this subject..but more later.
Okay I love that song, but I think I'm missing where this has to do with the freaky face eating murderer? I mean, I totally just watched the video again but I'm not sure what you're getting at? The lead singer is a murderer??? or the video director made a creepy video for a creepy song???

Okay I love that song, but I think I'm missing where this has to do with the freaky face eating murderer? I mean, I totally just watched the video again but I'm not sure what you're getting at? The lead singer is a murderer??? or the video director made a creepy video for a creepy song???

Wait WHAT?

The Toadies song is called Possum Kingdom. I think the song is probably older than this kid.

Still pondering several things.

That Toadies videos opens with a woman's body wrapped in plastic, held with tape, and being dragged to and into a lake.
The lead singer is a killer and sings about it.

It makes me uncomfortable. It's disturbing. I have never seen anything like it in a music video.

I think to myself, that guy has to be a sociopath. Might be, many are successful. But where did this come from in the mind really and surely it doesn't mean that it's very many fans are sociopaths or fantasize murdering women.

Snipped and bold by me.
Okay I guess the OP was saying the lead singer appears to be singing about being a killer? Like the song's narrator is a murderer? Not the lead singer Todd Lewis himself.
Also note that while the video first appears to be depicting a wrapped body, later the action indicates it was a block of ice which was later sculpted into a bust of a woman.

I still don't understand how it relates to Austin and his victims though.

I am looking at the way Austin's youtubes were scrutinized and how they were interpreted. What we may think we see or hear in them, and trying to place it in context.
I think we have given too much weight to things on his youtubes. I don't think they reveal as much of his personality as we initially thought. I can find the same things that are popular all over the place in music, which I have looked at first because of his musical bent in the videos.
You know, what if we looked at popular music with the same eyes we applied to his videos?
We all want to find something in Austin's videos, that is why I watched.
But I concluded that mostly they just reflected the sociology and culture that applies to and effects him.

Of course, it wasn't a woman in the plastic package! But that is what it is meant to depict.

I don't believe the angst is contrived. And the drug culture is so prevalent.

It would take a long list to list all the musicians who died from drugs. and Kurt Cobain suicided.

We are all a product of our environment and I am thinking on the macro level, as well.

I am looking for an accurate portrayal of Austin. We all want to know the why, what happened.

Re: the tox report. It is what it is. Nothing to do but be patient, there will be a statement.

I am really weary & tired today, I hope I cleared things up a little bit, as it is a valid line of inquiry for me.

I am interested that glf called it devil music, recognizing something sinister. and Possum Kingdom is definitely that but several of us love it anyway while seeing something sinister in Austin.

I think cognitive dissonance is the in word for what I am seeing.?

Was the Toadies video we're talking about for the song Tyler? I'll have to pull up You Tube, but I don't remember the Possum Kingdom video being all that graphic, but then again I'm getting old and prone to senior moments these days.

Tyler was pretty dark lyrically, too.

I am looking at the way Austin's youtubes were scrutinized and how they were interpreted. What we may think we see or hear in them, and trying to place it in context.
I think we have given too much weight to things on his youtubes. I don't think they reveal as much of his personality as we initially thought. I can find the same things that are popular all over the place in music, which I have looked at first because of his musical bent in the videos.
You know, what if we looked at popular music with the same eyes we applied to his videos?
We all want to find something in Austin's videos, that is why I watched.
But I concluded that mostly they just reflected the sociology and culture that applies to and effects him.

Of course, it wasn't a woman in the plastic package! But that is what it is meant to depict.

I don't believe the angst is contrived. And the drug culture is so prevalent.

It would take a long list to list all the musicians who died from drugs. and Kurt Cobain suicided.

We are all a product of our environment and I am thinking on the macro level, as well.

I am looking for an accurate portrayal of Austin. We all want to know the why, what happened.

Re: the tox report. It is what it is. Nothing to do but be patient, there will be a statement.

I am really weary & tired today, I hope I cleared things up a little bit, as it is a valid line of inquiry for me.

I am interested that glf called it devil music, recognizing something sinister. and Possum Kingdom is definitely that but several of us love it anyway while seeing something sinister in Austin.

I think cognitive dissonance is the in word for what I am seeing.?

INteresting post! My response to his YT was from the actual vidoes. I did not go near the music for several weeks. But the videos imo were very telling

In no order

we sae pphysical evidnece of deprreion, disheveld at times
Much mood alterations

INner torment about to do steroild or not

I respect your insight. It isn't going to happen today, my plate is really full atm, but I certainly will go back and watch those videos, with a note of the things you observed as a reminder of what to look at especially.

I have played Possum Kingdom many times on youtube and never saw that video before. It wasn't there before.

I have found similar in other videos as I was making my own compilation from youtube on a sleepless night last week. Several of my fave videos can't be found anymore and there are new ones on artists I have watched often that were not there before.

I really really do not like the Possum Kingdom video that is up now. But I did choose it purposefully to illustrate a point.

While I may be playing devil;s advocate over some things, I still think it is very clear that Austin was mentally ill and decompensating.

I respect your insight. It isn't going to happen today, my plate is really full atm, but I certainly will go back and watch those videos, with a note of the things you observed as a reminder of what to look at especially.

I have played Possum Kingdom many times on youtube and never saw that video before. It wasn't there before.

I have found similar in other videos as I was making my own compilation from youtube on a sleepless night last week. Several of my fave videos can't be found anymore and there are new ones on artists I have watched often that were not there before.

I really really do not like the Possum Kingdom video that is up now. But I did choose it purposefully to illustrate a point.

While I may be playing devil;s advocate over some things, I still think it is very clear that Austin was mentally ill and decompensating. ​

so agree

INteresting post! My response to his YT was from the actual vidoes. I did not go near the music for several weeks. But the videos imo were very telling

In no order

we sae pphysical evidnece of deprreion, disheveld at times
Much mood alterations

INner torment about to do steroild or not

wow ee, I can not even understand what the heck that says! Must have been right before Lunesta kicked in

Insomina folks -- really helpful - no druggy feeling -- mirrors natural sleep onset, no hangover the next day

some have reported intense dreaming -- i have always been pretty active in that arena(!) so it did not bother me!

And I do have to say, just kinda pissed off about all this - just come out and admit if you cant identify anything already

the steroid rule in or rule out is flat out BS - they nail sports people in two days -- pls

announce steroids use/abuse there or not simple there some agenda here - and in some way I think having resources is the big problem.

They know darn well if, whatever results they report, all the def attorney will do is pay off some experts to challenge the findings , and on and on it will go

We
wow ee, I can not even understand what the heck that says! Must have been right before Lunesta kicked in

Insomina folks -- really helpful - no druggy feeling -- mirrors natural sleep onset, no hangover the next day

some have reported intense dreaming -- i have always been pretty active in that arena(!) so it did not bother me!
When my doc added .25 Xanax with my elavil 50mg at bedtime, for the most part, I quit having retarted dreams. When I first told my doc that I could take benadryl and sleep all night, but I woke up feeling like I had dozed all nite long because my mind wouldn't shut up, he said we can fix that! And he did.

No druggy feeling, no hangover. Just random Facebook and twitter fights, embarrassing emails, surprise boxes from amazon.com, and amnesia!

If not for those few problems I would have stayed on it. :)

No druggy feeling, no hangover. Just random Facebook and twitter fights, embarrassing emails, surprise boxes from amazon.com, and amnesia!

If not for those few problems I would have stayed on it. :)
Yeah, I woke up really early one morning, and I had to work, so I didn't try to go back to sleep. Infomercials was about all there was on TV, and I ended up with two sets of great knives in butcher block holders! They have you as soon as they say you get the second set free with extra postage!

I worked my way thro some of the youtubes.

He likes gaming, perfectly normal.

I see a kid (men's puberty develops later than women's, so I will still call him pubescent, I see a kid playing around in many roles, sometimes playing at being a class clown tho that is not truly his basic personality. Could be a coping mechanism/development from living in an alcoholic family.

He does speak of drinking with some regularity but seems to eschew liquor.

He can't sing, but he tries. so what? The cover P & Q was decent but it was the only one imo. He's horrid at rapping, but there are tons of young men who want to be rappers and they imitate the vulgarity. I don't make too much of that, other than his complete lack of talent.

It did interest me that in one he talked about biting and Mike Tyson. That interested me very much, as it has been my belief that a drug cannot be solely responsible for the biting going on. It has to be somewhere in your subconscious or unconscious in the first place.

As with a brutally honest diary, we are going to find socially unacceptable or upsetting things, just most of us sublimate it. And it doesn't define us.

Something happened to Austin. He was not a deplorable young man so how did it come to pass that he did the depraved and exceptionally brutal crime that killed 2, injured 1, maimed a dying man and has presumably permanently lost his mind and left so many lost & grieving?

Dad did updates early on under the presumption that this would precede to a legal matter. He has no reason to speak publicly about it now.

Austin can't stay in the ICU indefinitely. With HIPPA, we may not know any change in status.

We will get a brief statement when the tox screen comes in and then we may not hear more, unless Austin dies.

If there was brain damage and he has not made any progress as of this point beyond consciousness and primal responses, the probability of his ever being able to communicate with any cognitive functioning is slim to none. At best, I see him being transferred to a hospice-like ...possibly a long term rehabilitation facility...but more than likely his organs will begin to increasingly fail as his brain damage becomes more permanent with time. Perhaps he will go on life support. Perhaps decisions will be made. But, regardless of his impending arrest and murderous acts, IF he was well enough to be transferred or transported elsewhere, he would have been. The longer he remains in a state requiring ICU, the less chance his brain has of ever recovering. JMO and a bit of experience with traumatic brain injuries.

If not for those few problems I would have stayed on it. :loser:

Yeah, I woke up really early one morning, and I had to work, so I didn't try to go back to sleep. Infomercials was about all there was on TV, and I ended up with two sets of great knives in butcher block holders! They have you as soon as they say you get the second set free with extra postage!

Both of these were hysterical!! Then I thought , oh my, is that why the amazon box came-- serious, no memory at all of making the purchase. Zero nada nothing blank, it sat up there (office) they told me for like two weeks.

In my defense however, It WAS something I was THINKING (as I recall!!) about ordering, its the ordering part that I have no memory of !!

So I was being productive then !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So there !!

If there was brain damage and he has not made any progress as of this point beyond consciousness and primal responses, the probability of his ever being able to communicate with any cognitive functioning is slim to none. At best, I see him being transferred to a hospice-like ...possibly a long term rehabilitation facility...but more than likely his organs will begin to increasingly fail as his brain damage becomes more permanent with time. Perhaps he will go on life support. Perhaps decisions will be made. But, regardless of his impending arrest and murderous acts, IF he was well enough to be transferred or transported elsewhere, he would have been. The longer he remains in a state requiring ICU, the less chance his brain has of ever recovering. JMO and a bit of experience with traumatic brain injuries.

Hi

I am getting to the same place. The really strange part is I dont remember like in the first several days him being that bad off

he talked ( find no drugs) etc

maybe that was the Lunesta also ha!

But if that is the case, the court ordered medical release, and we all know the docs have a prognosis why keep saying nothing??

I don't think Austin is going to recover back to health either. The hospital hasn't released him after all this time! I can only assume he is not showing signs of recovering. I can't imagine how out of his mind he must have been or for what reason, but it's all turned tragic. His family couldn't have imagined this happening, and I do feel empathy for them trying to deal with the fact that he committed such heinous crimes, but also that he must've drank something very caustic, harmful, and potentially fatal. I wonder if we'll ever find out what caused such a psychotic break.

Watching Dateline tonight about a young girl named Tara Fitzgerald and her friend taking what they thought was LSD which normally doesn't pose a threat of an overdose, but it turned out to be a Synthetic Drug (25i). Tara died, but her friend didn't. It's not like each tab has accurate measurements, and Tara got the tab with the extra deathly drop of killer chemical. LE tracked down the kids that were selling it. China has since made some of the ingredients illegal now, but as we know, these synthetic drugs are showing up way too much. Did anyone else see this Dateline?

Keep me away from infomercials please. Years ago, I bought a Flobee Haircutter you hook up to a vacuum cleaner to cut my hair. Sucked all my bangs clear down to the scalp on my first try. :iamashamed:

Thought I'd add this 2014 article about the drug mentioned on Dateline. Yikes, I hope it's not around anymore.

...an LSD-like designer drug that goes by the names 25i, Nbomb or Smiles.

..."It starts off as tachycardia -- fast heart rates," Matos explained to CBS affiliate WUSA9. "It starts off with a lot of sweating, maybe even some nausea and vomiting. But ultimately, it will lead to very aggressive, violent behavior, and ultimately it will lead to death."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/lsd-like-drug-25i-lands-virginia-teens-in-the-hospital/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crunchy Riff