FL - Michelle Mishcon, 53, & John Stevens, 59, murdered, Tequesta, 15 Aug 2016 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
None of this is about corrosive liquids. I was just searching for a blue iced tea because the liquid was in that kind of bottle, but as glf said, it doesn't seem like there's any true blue ones sold. Anyways,...

I found a homemade recipe to make a Blue Chai Tea.
Who knew? Blue drink recipes are popular on pinterest.
There's a Blue Long Island Iced Tea recipe that uses Blue Curacao in the mix.
Wonder if the Stevens couple moved some of this Blue Curacao into a iced tea bottle?
Never had it, but it sounds good and is an unnatural bright blue.
Couldn't find a pic of Curacao fruit called laraha to see if it's blue.

The dried peels of the laraha, however, were discovered to be pleasantly aromatic, and experimentation with the extracts of these peels led to the creation of Curaçao liqueur.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laraha

Blue Curacao is a sweet blue liqueur, distilled and flavored from the dried peel of bitter oranges. It can also contain distillates of lemons and curacao fruit, sugar and wine. The Caribbean island of Cura��¡¯ is host to much of the fruit used in these liqueurs.

Blue Curacao is often used to induce color into cocktails and other mixed drinks.

Read more: Blue Curacao liqueur information http://www.drinksmixer.com/desc240.html#ixzz4J4VZUGLX

However for copyright reasons with the name Curacao the original creators of Blue Curacao are not allowed to export the liquor, so unless you have had blue Curacao in Curacao you actually haven’t had true blue Curacao as all others are imitators and are not made with the original laraha fruit.
http://thingstodo.viator.com/caribbean/must-try-foods-curacao/

Enough! I feel I'm getting off track when I start looking into a trip to the Caribbean Islands.
..........it sounds better to drink than Windex though............................................:offtobed:

My guess would be "things" might not "work" while on it.

That's what I thought but I swear the sheriff had a really odd look on his face when he said "lots of things going on with him". I need to find it and watch again, moo.

That's what I thought but I swear the sheriff had a really odd look on his face when he said "lots of things going on with him". I need to find it and watch again, moo.

Too late to edit so quoting myself: I watched again, probably just my imagination although the sheriff does have a funny little smile at that point.

Too late to edit so quoting myself: I watched again, probably just my imagination although the sheriff does have a funny little smile at that point.

We are back to needing the tox reports - which I think may not be released

Good news

Steroid use can lead to infertility, reduced sperm count, and they can really mess up a person's natural testosterone levels. Over time, the steroids interrupt the body's normal hormonal axis, resulting in low testosterone, which can cause erectiledysfunction.

https://www.google.com/?ion=1&espv=2#q=steroids and erections

But then I thought these folks are trying to mimic exstacy so we may have a problem to add to this horror huh?

tests take days, weeks, months,"

The final toxicology report, he says, draws not only from multiple test results and confirmation of the results, but also on the clinical experience of the toxicologists and pathologists involved in the investigation, as well as field work.

................ collect blood from different areas, such as the femoral vein [in the leg] and heart blood," she tells WebMD. That's because the concentration of drugs can be different, she says, so comparing the concentrations can boost accuracy.

......... may be a lot of specimens that need to be tested, which means more testing time. And as an investigation proceeds, information about the possibility of another drug being involved may surface, so even more testing may be needed.

"Four to six weeks is pretty standard,"

Drugs of abuse can change constantly, Robin says, with one drug becoming popular, for instance, while others fade in popularity. "You are always looking for what is the new drug [of choice]," he says.......................

http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/addiction/features/the-truth-about-toxicology-tests?page=4

Might have been because reportedly he stripped off most of his clothing on his walk. Blue Curacao, interesting...

It looks like now they're going to try again next week to see if AH can speak, which according to People's source, it's because the caustic fluid burned his esophagus:
While he's awake and responsive, officials tell PEOPLE Harrouff still can not speak – meaning investigators still have not questioned him about the murders of John Stevens, 59, and Michelle Mishcon, 53.

Officers will attempt to interview him again next week, a police spokesman says...

Police allege that before the killings, Harrouff consumed unspecified chemicals that he'd found in the couple's garage. Doctors say he has injuries consistent with caustic chemical consumption, and last week, Harrouff's father told PEOPLE his son's organs were failing as a result.

A police source who asked not to be named tells PEOPLE that Harrouff has been unable to speak with detectives because the hazardous materials he had ingested burned the lining of his esophagus.
http://www.people.com/article/fsu-s...ce-still-unable-to-answer-detective-questions
I don't know how accurate that source is, but that is the latest.

Also this is a report on caustic ingestion, which it is about treating kids, but it gives a good overview of various caustic household substances and their effects:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3096249/

Blue curacao, wow I haven't had that in ages. In fact, I hardly remember what we used to mix it with.

I think we used it frequently making "jungle juice" which is basically fruit punch and literally whatever liquor you have...even if it's a little of everything!

Though as far as AH, I doubt he was toting a bottle with him. Could he have found some in the garage? Maybe. But that stuff typically is a mixer with other alcohols.. I've never really heard of using it solely for drinks or shots.

o?t just passing along

• 10 killed on the spot by blast
CNN

• 2 more die at Southern Philippines Medical Center
  • At least 60 more injured

It's almost futile to try to understand senseless crimes. It's like that woman who stabbed herself 42 times that I posted about yesterday. She went insane after being named trustee in her brother's estate, worried people would think she caused his death and sue her. So, she ends up killing her niece and another woman before herself. She got psychiatric help and still no one could stop her. What she did makes no sense.

This case is a challenge to understand if it could've been stopped. He leaves the restaurant then becomes totally unaware of what he's doing, stabbing, killing and biting strangers, drinking corrosive fluid, being unstoppable. There was blood on everything in the garage plus he stabbed the neighbor five times. If he took the unpredictable flakka it would make more sense in the senselessness.

Seems there was all kinds of alcohol in the garage because the Stevens entertained out there, but AH goes and drinks something corrosive. Drinks it on purpose to harm himself or doesn't notice or care what he's doing and is thirsty? We still have no idea what he drank yet.

I keep hoping there's going to be info that explains it. I'm not even sure the tox results will answer the question of how this could happen or provide the answers.

The simplest explanation I have for drinking something harmful, is the fact that his brain wasn't functioning normally, his body didn't tell him that burns, that tastes terrible, or anything else. He probably decided he was thirsty, and grabbed the first liquid he saw. Could have been anything from juice to solvent, and his body didn't notice the difference.

None of this is about corrosive liquids. I was just searching for a blue iced tea because the liquid was in that kind of bottle, but as glf said, it doesn't seem like there's any true blue ones sold. Anyways,...

I found a homemade recipe to make a Blue Chai Tea.
Who knew? Blue drink recipes are popular on pinterest.
There's a Blue Long Island Iced Tea recipe that uses Blue Curacao in the mix.
Wonder if the Stevens couple moved some of this Blue Curacao into a iced tea bottle?
Never had it, but it sounds good and is an unnatural bright blue.
Couldn't find a pic of Curacao fruit called laraha to see if it's blue.

Enough! I feel I'm getting off track when I start looking into a trip to the Caribbean Islands.
..........it sounds better to drink than Windex though............................................:offtobed:

Blue Curaçao is quite good, in a mixed, tropical, drink. Have also heard of people using it in recipes.

Yes, a trip to the Caribbean would be really nice! :happydance:

Just watched the local news, and they said his esophagus was seriously damaged.

Just watched the local news, and they said his esophagus was seriously damaged.

OW, OW, yikes, OW. It had to burn, and taste bad. Mind and body had to be completely separated from each other when he drank whatever he drank and during all the attempts of LE to separate him from the victim. WTH?

It's almost futile to try to understand senseless crimes. It's like that woman who stabbed herself 42 times that I posted about yesterday. She went insane after being named trustee in her brother's estate, worried people would think she caused his death and sue her. So, she ends up killing her niece and another woman before herself. She got psychiatric help and still no one could stop her. What she did makes no sense.

This case is a challenge to understand if it could've been stopped. He leaves the restaurant then becomes totally unaware of what he's doing, stabbing, killing and biting strangers, drinking corrosive fluid, being unstoppable. There was blood on everything in the garage plus he stabbed the neighbor five times. If he took the unpredictable flakka it would make more sense in the senselessness.

Seems there was all kinds of alcohol in the garage because the Stevens entertained out there, but AH goes and drinks something corrosive. Drinks it on purpose to harm himself or doesn't notice or care what he's doing and is thirsty? We still have no idea what he drank yet.

I keep hoping there's going to be info that explains it. I'm not even sure the tox results will answer the question of how this could happen or provide the answers.

Just mo,whatever the reason, he was actively delusionial, totally beleiving he had super powers and was industuctable. I think that delusional, and possibly command hallucintions dicated all thinking and behavior.

I think the voice might have been something akin to you can drink it - you are superman ( whatever). Its not neccesarily like normative thinking in the sense we do it.

Its like Hitler barking marching orders, or an authentic belief about something is not true

James Holmes (Batman) truly beilived he was the Joker. I think many still hold onto to the notion of knowing right or wrong determines if mental illiness can alter beharviors and thinking.

The whole notion that he was behind the theatre and surrendered easily resulted in the conclusion that he knew right and wrong.

If you think about the real Joker (if you will) knew he was doing bad things and hurting others. Did not tranlate to he did not continue to do so. It fits the total belief that he WAS Joker.

The Joker always created elaborate "plots" of bad things. His rigging his apartment that elaboratly totally fits what the "joker " would do. The Joker was smart , so was he , just like the Joker.

moo

His hair color further demonstrates the total immersion in the delusion.

The simplest explanation I have for drinking something harmful, is the fact that his brain wasn't functioning normally, his body didn't tell him that burns, that tastes terrible, or anything else. He probably decided he was thirsty, and grabbed the first liquid he saw. Could have been anything from juice to solvent, and his body didn't notice the difference.

I cant help but think that the Wesson and caustic were somehow interrelated as far as the delusion goes. Who knows what, but I think drinking two very odd things within that time frame means something in terms of whatever his superman does, or validates his potency -- something along those lines moo

It looks like now they're going to try again next week to see if AH can speak, which according to People's source, it's because the caustic fluid burned his esophagus:

http://www.people.com/article/fsu-s...ce-still-unable-to-answer-detective-questions
I don't know how accurate that source is, but that is the latest.

Also this is a report on caustic ingestion, which it is about treating kids, but it gives a good overview of various caustic household substances and their effects:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3096249/

re While he's awake and responsive,

Something is off imo. They are stating they will try again next week but orineted to reality. If he is going to communicate anything (doubtful/resources/right not to incriminate etc) communicate by pen and paper or something.

I vote he will say nothing - but this waiting for throat seems like nonsense to me. Obviously, duration of issue, his throat is history - grab a pen mooo

Unless they are stalling for tox, so if something comes back they can say labs indicate you took bath salts or whatever, but I dont know if that would make him any more inclined to talk.

I dont think public will tolerate a plea - which to me would be fine if it would help undertand what occured. Whatever the plea would be, he will be unable to harm anyone- so why not try to get the "why", as much as we can

moo

I cant help but think that the Wesson and caustic were somehow interrelated as far as the delusion goes. Who knows what, but I think drinking two very odd things within that time frame means something in terms of whatever his superman does, or validates his potency -- something along those lines moo

Sort of like Popeye and his can of spinach?

re While he's awake and responsive,

Something is off imo. They are stating they will try again next week but orineted to reality. If he is going to communicate anything (doubtful/resources/right not to incriminate etc) communicate by pen and paper or something.

I vote he will say nothing - but this waiting for throat seems like nonsense to me. Obviously, duration of issue, his throat is history - grab a pen mooo

Unless they are stalling for tox, so if something comes back they can say labs indicate you took bath salts or whatever, but I dont know if that would make him any more inclined to talk.

I dont think public will tolerate a plea - which to me would be fine if it would help undertand what occured. Whatever the plea would be, he will be unable to harm anyone- so why not try to get the "why", as much as we can

moo
It could just be a matter of the meds he's on. If he's on narcotic pain meds, it could be argued that he was unable to understand his rights, and they might not be able to use any of his statements. They may want to wait until he's less medicated.

It's gotta hurt something horrible. I had strep so bad once that it hurt to even breathe. His throat must hurt a billion times worse than that. I wonder, regardless of what caused it, if he even remembers what he did. He needs to be locked up forever, either in a prison or a mental hospital.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

From SpanishInquistion's link:

Police allege that the before the killings, Harrouff consumed unspecified chemicals that he'd found in the couple's garage. Doctors say he has injuries consistent with caustic chemical consumption

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

So? Are the police releasing information that AH consumed caustic chemicals before the killings? If so, I am surprised that information would be released before a trial.

jmo :moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member