FL FL - Michelle Mulcahy, 17, Fort Lauderdale, 7 July 1979

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score

Michelle's photo is shown age-progressed to 40 years (06/03/2002).

Michelle's photo has been age-progressed to 49 years.

Michelle Meredith Mulcahy
Broward County, Florida
17 year old white female

Height (inches)
Weight (pounds)

Brown Hair
Blue Eyes

Michelle was last seen leaving her friend's home to go to a dance contest. She has not been heard from or seen since. She has a small scar under her left breast.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/6435/

there really is not much information out there on Michelle.

I wanted to post this UID because the Postmortem that is on the video that is on the thread shows the lips of the girl.. and I noticed the lips have that little point of extra skin in the middle of the upper lip.. Both Michelle and the UID have the same.. I wish we knew a bit more about Michelle though.. But the stats seem similar also.

MD - MD - Upper Marlboro, WhtFem UP2260, 18-30, bus ticket, deformed foot, Sep'79

Florida's missing persons site (MEPIC :: Search) states that she left a home in North Lauderdale "accompanied by a white male and white female driving a newer model (1978 or 1979) Black Cadillac." It's unclear from that whether LE knows who those people were/are and whether that couple was ever questioned.

There are currently 14 UID exclusions listed on NamUs:

I wonder if this young lady could be one of the victims that remain unidentified from the excavation of a junkyard in Wicki Wachee, FL, in 1981. IMO, she resembles UP12589, who was found at that site. The man who owned that property at that time is a convicted sex offender, and his son was convicted of multiple murders. I read somewhere that the son was implicated by eyewitnesses in a crime in Daytona Beach, but he was not arrested or convicted there.

Posted 2018

If you have any information on the whereabouts of Michelle Mulcahy, please contact the Broward County Sheriff's Office at 954-480-4300
Snip:
17 year old Michelle Mulcahy was a teenager when she went missing on July 7, 1979. She was last seen at a friends residence, whom she was living with at the time, in Pompano Beach, Florida. Michelle was on her way to a dance contest at the Candy Store Lounge on Fort Lauderdale beach, however she never arrived. She had picked up a ride from her friends house by a white male and female in a black 1978 or 1979 Cadillac. After this, she was never seen again.

Authorities do not believe that Michelle left of her own accord. She had left behind her clothes, makeup, and her car that she recently bought. Michelle had been involved with drugs and was in a relationship with a convicted drug smuggler who also disappeared after Michelle, who has not been located. Friends and family of Michelle claimed that she was going through a rebellious phase before she disappeared.

List of rule outs:

As of July 2018, 12 unidentified persons have been excluded as being Michelle Mulcahy according to NamUs:

Posted 7/1/2015

The Forgotten Cases

Michelle Meredith Mulcahy, 17

Missing since July 8, 1979 from Fort Lauderdale, Broward County, Florida.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: September 15, 1961
Age at Time of Disappearance: 17 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'8; 118 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; blue eyes.
Marks, Scars: Mulcahy has a small scar under her left breast.
Fingerprints: Not available
DNA: Available
Circumstances of Disappearance
Mulcahy was last seen leaving a friend's home on Pompano Beach, Florida on July 8, 1979. She was en route to a dance contest at the time.
Michelle arrived at the North Lauderdale, Florida home of a family friend after returning from the Candy Store Lounge on Fort Lauderdale beach. She was accompanied by a white male and white female driving a newer model (1978 or 1979) black Cadillac. Michelle left the home with this couple shortly thereafter and has never been seen since.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning Mulcahy's whereabouts, please contact:
Broward County Sheriff's Office
Missing Persons Unit
Chris Blakenship
954-321-4789
Email Form
All information may be submitted anonymously.

Agency Case Number:
BS83-02-07708/NamUs MP#6435

NCMEC #: NCMC818340

NCIC Number: M097102737
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

For your information: I came across a newspaper article from 1984 about Broward County investigators who believed that Michelle was a victim of Christopher Wilder and tossed around the idea that she may be UP1276, found in Broward County in 1982.

Their theory could not be proven back then as her dental records were destroyed when her dentist closed his practise. One specific matching detail between Michelle and the UP was a scar under the right breast.

I just wrote an email to the Broward County Sheriff, asking if they were ever checked against each other now that DNA is available. I'll keep you updated.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Superman221
Back